“Excellent for younger children but not much to do for older ones in evening”

Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with two boys of 12 and 13 last summer.
We paid £100 on arrival to upgrade and whilst I don't know what our original room was like (probably best to go look so you can compare) the room we were given was directly above the restraint and was very nice indeed. We had separate "rooms" with our own TV's and the bed in the main section was huge and very comfortable.
The Russian guests were given short thrift by the bar staff when trying to push in which was good and I found that being English here was a big plus as long as you used your please and thank you's. Of course as a travelling nation we always do but here it definitely pays off ;)
I found the bar staff to be very friendly and rarely had to venture up to the bar to get me a drink and in return gave a modest tip (£1 - £2 max) in return.
The slides are very good although not quite as many as Aqua Blu but then there is a price difference and my boys kept themselves amused for two weeks.
The restraint can get a bit hectic in the evening but there is someone to find you a table and if you let the main rush subside its a bit calmer altogether.
Where I found the hotel lacking was with the evening entertainment which for adults and older children was non existent. We did try it a couple of times but it seemed geared around Russian children of a young age. Again, I don't want to sound negative as if you know this in advance you make your decisions but I did find I had to take the boys into town and find other things to do which at an all inclusive resort you might hope you didn't have to.
There were always plenty of sun loungers and we always managed to find 3 so that's a plus and everywhere was kept spotlessly clean.
We tried to use the Ala Carte restaurant but the booking process seems designed to keep the place empty. You basically have to turn up between a certain set of hours on the preceding day and if you don't, you don't go. No one tells you this so when you arrive to book your "special" meal the day before you leave and have missed this time slot its tough luck..
Would I go back.... I don't know, I wouldn't pay the premium for the slides when I have now realised I can pay for day entry to waterparks very cheaply if I book elsewhere. Especially as the evening entertainment is only suitable for a narrow age group.
Did I have a good time ? Yes, definitely and so if you want a good quality hotel with Aqua Park and you are travelling with younger children then go for it.

Room Tip: The large rooms above the restaurant are very spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Greg G
M A, Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Sea Club Aqua Park and the efforts you took to share your views with us. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.
Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a great place for families, i was with a friend and there is a 'quiet place' but children were still there, so there is not really a quiet place at all, all the facilities are good, however the gym does not open until 10am....STUPID!

The water slides are really good, however, I would wear ear plugs if using them....I am not kidding....the music is so load there, the bass levels go through your whole body.

The staff are wonderful they cannot be more helpful, they even smile with the rudeness of eastern european guests. The food is very good, you have many chocies

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room....sort of impossible, but don't go near reception
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank yoginidee

Dear Valued Guest,

I am writing to formally thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sea Club Aqua Park Sharm El Sheikh. We strongly value guest feedback and use it to improve future services.
I have shared the review personally with the entire team. Perhaps more importantly, we appreciate the feedback on the problem you unfortunately encountered with the timing of our GYM and I am delighted to inform you that it is available upon request to be opened from 08:00 AM any day .I appreciate the time you took to formally reflect on your experience with our property. Once again, thank you for your helpful feedback about the Resort. We hope that you will consider Sea Club Aqua Park in the future for your vacation.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We went here in July 2013 for 2 weeks with my husband daughter and uncle, every aspect of the hotel is 100% from the rooms to the food to the water slides etc.

I am looking where to go this year and have reviewed numerous hotels with the same amenities and we have just decided to book this again for this summers holiday. My daughter who is 9 absolutely loves this place. I would recommend this to anyone who is travelling for a family holiday .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank esther m

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Sea Club Aqua Park Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is the best family holiday we have had!!!Our two boys aged 5 & 6 just had a ball in the aqua park most of the day. They also loved kids club, with the fantastic entertainments animation team Manchester, Emily, Sacha, Fire, they made the children feel so special and happy. They have soooo much energy and work so hard. The life guards all around the pool do a great job in keeping everything safe. The free shuttle to the sister hotel was a great day out too, snorkling in the red sea. Facilities on the hotel site are amazing with gym, beautician, massage, teeth whitening. The resturant was great with lots of chioice, always clean and the staff are very nice, especially Abanoup:) We stayed 7 nights, 10 would have been better. we as a family like to try new places, but this hotel we will be returning to, everything was great! thank you all. The cavner family with the two michael jackson boys!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank jaeeeeee

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay in 2 months, the hotel is a great place for the family vacation, the staff is so friendly, they do the best for all the guests, cleanliness is wonderful, the aqua is very interesting for all the family members all ages from 3 years old to 50 years old. Special thanks to ,Mr. Mostafa at the front desk. I will go no where else but there next vacation.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank HossamElMeligy

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to see that you were generally pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us once more. The entire team and myself are always sincerely delighted to know that we have managed to meet the expectations of our guests and are always more than happy to be welcoming you back to the Resort.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the Sea Club Aqua Park at the end of January and enjoyed my time there. Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, our double room was clean and spacious , if you want a quieter stay ask for a room away from the main bar reception area as entertainment is loud at times.
Food and drink for fully inclusive guests is on offer throughout the day and night, the main restaurant can get hectic at times but there are two other bookable restaurants offering Italian and Indian cuisine.
The hotel is on the flight path for Sharm International Airport , it's a good 20 mins taxi ride into Naama and 30 mins to old Sharm but the hotel does offer their own service two times a day.
A shuttle bus is on offer to a sister hotel on the beach we did not use this service as the pools at the hotel are good, depending on your idea of fun there is a huge water shoot and water park , great for children but there is also a quiet pool area, great for reading and sun bathing.
The pool boy kept the drinks coming on request, altogether an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jeffoclarko

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We have recently returned from our family vacation, to the sea club aqua park. We all had a lovely time there. Stayed for 12 nights & wish we could have stayed longer. My 12 year old son had so much to do there, we hardly saw him. He did come back at meal times though! We felt very safe leaving him to do his own thing. There were more than enough lifeguards on every pool, who were very friendly & spent time amusing the kids & playing football with them. The food was what you expect from all inclusive. We always had plenty of variety. The Italian & Indian restaurants were a nice addition. 24 hour bars & food served until 4am was also more than you would expect from an all inclusive holiday. We had a very large room (plenty big enough for all 5 of us). Pools were a good temperature not cold even in January. Weather was amazing. 27-30 degrees every day. Even the evenings were mild. We took coats with us but didn't need them. A thin cardigan or sweater were adequate. The hotel was very clean. The only down side was there were a lot of fly & Mosquitos but we bought some fly spray for our room & spayed it every night before we went out to dinner. The shops on site were very cheap. We took a trip to the old market, we it wasn't worth it as the hotel shops were just as cheap. Soho square was worth a visit, If you want to do a bit of shopping. Remember to haggle with the prices as the shops will always bring the price down & remember that everything is fake. Lots of cheap designer handbags, trainers, ice watches, Beats etc. There's also a bar just outside the hotel which shows all the English football & has free wifi. 1 night we took a taxi out to TGIs for a meal, there was also a Hard Rock Cafe, mcdonalds, KFC, Burger King etc. only a 5 min taxi ride away. To sum it all up... We did have a fab holiday here. For the price you can't beat it & would defiantly consider going back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa? Share your experiences!