“Enjoyable Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Overall a good trip in a nice hotel with new facilities, please note it is on airport flight path, but it is not too bad and can be lived with a the airport is no "Heathrow" when it comes to flight volumes. Main negative would be food quality, but I think All Inclusive buffets are always a bit suspect. There was always something to eat and the Indian restaurant I think was of better quality largely due to its intimacy. The main water park is good, few more rings would not go a miss, but guards and flumes both deliver fun and laughter for all ages. The kids flumes and wave pool also good along with lazy river, once again a few more boats would not have gone a miss. Kids club weak, entertainment below par, but x2 British girls attempted to lift tempo, but the offerings each evening were pretty basic stuff and kids day games amounted to darts and bowls in the main, so more could be done here. Overall though we had good time, party was x 2 adults and x 2 kids one of each, 9 and 4.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Joanne T
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Sea Club Aqua Park and the efforts you took to share your views with us. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.

As for the food issue I kindly recommend to try in your next visit our Indian restaurant, Italian restaurant with it various menus , our fish & chips corner at the pool bar , our sandwiches / pizza corner at Aqua Bar and our daily barbeque grill at the Terrace Bar out of the main restaurant . I assure you that you will feel the great improvement occurred .

Looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for the first 2 wks of August. We are a family of 5 and went with 3 other families, totalling 19(11 kids!) the kids absolutely loved it! The pools and slides were brilliant, with the life guards being great fun too! The animation team work really hard and the kids enjoyed their games and dances with Claire and Amanda! My youngest hasn't stopped singing 'mosa mosa.....!' The evening entertainment could be a bit more varied, few more outside acts and maybe some karaoke. But it was good fun if you joined in as i did.
As for the adults, we had great fun too! Our family suite was massive and kept clean everyday. The grounds were kept very clean. The food was good, something for everyone. But the best thing about this hotel is the staff! They can't do enough for you. They were friendly, efficient, good fun and helpful. We loved the main pool bar where Sayed ( blue eyes!) Ahmed(the smiley one!) mahommad (John), mahommad ( mono!) all worked. And not forgetting Matrix from the beauty salon. Loved his banter and the sweets! I had an amazing pedicure, my feet felt so soft!
We had a couple of minor incidents happen during our stay, but Mahooud was very efficient in getting it sorted straight away. We couldn't have asked for more.
So to sum it up, we had a great time!! Cheers Sea Club Aqua Park

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a good hotel but with a few improvement could be great. First the bad points, the food is below par of what you would want of an hotel of this type this seriously needs to be looked at by the managment. The entertainment which is in many languages is very poor you are instructed to "CLAP CLAP CLAP" in a russian acent which does not come across very well. The location is outside of nabq at the end of the runway (I know this cant be changed now). the family suites do not have a living room as you are led to believe but a hallway. Now the the good points, the staff are a credit to the hotel except the chefs of course. The rooms are nice and spacious with good air con. The aqua park is perfect for young teens.

Room Tip: ask for aroom around the quiet pool low floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Sea Club Aqua Park Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

As for the animation team , kindly note that we have changed the entire animation company and now all the feedback from our guests are very positive .

Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here, the Aqua park was very well run, the staff could not do more, especially good on the slides. Just one thing could've improved we wanted rubber rings on lazy river not a boat. Food in Indian restaurant was good.

2 Thank goodieSomerset
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to see that you were generally pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us once more. The entire team and myself are always sincerely delighted to know that we have managed to meet the expectations of our guests and are always more than happy to be welcoming you back to the Resort.

stoke on rent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sea club is 5 star heaven we arrived to welcome drinks and our cases being bought to our room 0814 we have only been here 5 days we are a family of 5 my children are loving the aqua park and we are loving the whole Egypt experience as this is our first time here the staff are all friendly with a special mention to the lifeguards who work really hard I would also like to say go and find Nady at the Indian restaurant he is very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for him and the other members of staff we were waited on like royalty and the food is great I can't wait to tell you more about my holiday throughout my stay

2 Thank traceye-h
Dear Valued Guest,

Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel with my 4 children I was a bit unsure it was my first time to Egypt and travelling on my own with kids ....but I feel in love with Egypt and this hotel so did my kids there is nothing I could fault about this hotel the food was fantastic
I had the bigest room ever and so clean every day we did all the excursions even with my 2 year old son (hard work) but the people were so helpful and I still got to enjoy we had a budget and still did excursions so cheap but well worth the experience we swam with dolphins it was a dream ...
I felt safe the whole time it was only sad to leave but defo goin back next year ... pools are excellent fun for all ages and very clean theres so much to list there was never a dry monent I needed a rest when I got home

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are a family with 3 young kids (two girls – 7&5, and a 2 year old boy) from Scotland. We had booked this hotel over a year ago even though it wasn’t fully opened yet. Then the political problems started mid 2013 in Egypt and we were worried – for no reason really as we didn’t notice anything when we were there. It was also a little concerning to read some of the early reviews as there seemed to be a lot of negativity around them regarding the hotel. However as you will read, it has improved dramatically since then. There weren’t too many locals there, mainly Russian, Polish, British and a bit of the rest but everyone enjoyed eachother and everyone is on holiday so remember that.

But first things first, check your passports and make sure that they have at least 6 months validity on them for your return date. I had 5.5 months and found out in the week prior and had some sleepless nights over it. Don’t take the chance, even though I didn’t have any problems in the end - I am Dutch so couldn't go to Glasgow to get a 24 hour one :-).

When you arrive into Sharm it is a bit chaotic. Keep your wits about you and don’t panic. If you are staying in Sinai then you do not need a VISA, but you do need to fill in the landing card, which they will then stamp prior to passport control to state you are VISA exempt. Once you have your bags, you will be hassled by people to help you with them, for money. You can react to if you want or do it yourself. But they could end up on top of a bus, so maybe worth giving that 20Kg suitcase to them and tip them for the service. If you are willing to tip a £1 coin is sufficient, or in my case 2 x 50p coins . So take a bag full with you – and the services and smiles are even more.

Now for the first impressions of the hotel. We arrived, after a 5 minute airport transfer, at about 9.40pm and were pleased about the look and feel of the hotel and reception area lit up in the darkness of Egypt (stars all around us). We gave reception our passports and we were immediately escorted to the buffet restaurant which was going to close at 10PM. That was great, so that we could all have a drink and something to eat. At that time it became also clear that if you want the best dining experience, you need to be there at the opening rather than at the close. It also became clear that the servers were there to help as much as you needed them – and they don’t need tipping although appreciated (there is a collection box at the entrance). Servers brought us drinks upon request. We then went back to reception and we were fully checked in, got our bands and got escorted to our two bedroom family suite. It was huge and in addition to the two large bedrooms had a large bathroom with shower (not very powerful), 2 balconies and a reception room which we used as a 3rd bedroom with the sofa bed. It is great and clean accommodation overlooking the Aqua Park and main bar area in 180 degrees views. We stayed in room 0624. Was very clean upon arrival and the beds were simply the most comfortable beds we’ve ever slept on (I am a business traveller), other than my own, with a really thick mattress and the whole family could sleep in it, it was so big. There was loads of storage throughout also. The aircon was already on and went all the way down to 16 degrees as it was still around 30+degrees outside in the night it was nice to have this (Incidentally, one of the control units became faulty in the second week, and engineering staff repaired it right away). We put the girls to bed and took turns going down to get some beers from the 24 hour bar and drank those on the balcony. That was a mistake: my wife got bitten loads. So if you are out at night put repellent on by the bucket load. The hotel does fumigate the resort but clearly something is doing damage to peoples legs in particular although my wife has O type blood, which is particularly in favour - B vitamin tablets didn't work. I also took 2 large cans of fly spray with me and fumigated the bedrooms prior to going out for dinner every night. We never had any bother with flies or mosquitoes for the remainder of our stay.

Then we woke up to the bright, stunning hot sunshine and went down for breakfast and were amazed how beautiful and colorful the place is. Just walk in to the restaurant and help yourself to a vacant table and eat away, or you can ask for one, but put something down to secure it, like a couple of baseball caps for example. If you interact with the staff this will be rewarded. Plenty food to choose from although my kids became quite fussy and didn’t want to eat much more than some croissants and cucumber, but that changed in time and they had omelettes, cereal, toast, fruit etc… You can help yourself to mineral water and diluted juices. Fresh orange juice is €2 per glass and coffee you ask for and is sometimes quite strong. As you become familiar with the servers and clearing staff they will end up helping you get coffee and drinks, etc. My 5 year old has blonde curly hair and drew a lot of attention from the staff, which she loved. Some kids may not like all that attention that the youngsters get, so keep an eye out for that – but remember it is just their culture.

We spent 12 of the 14 days at the pool side relaxing and the kids were not to be seen most of the time - other than my 2 year old but had immediately had found the best place which was located close to our room, the adult pool (with much quieter bar with fish ‘n chips corner) area, and the kids area including kids club and aqua park. I managed to get those beds every day with the help of Mahmoud who helped our young family as he prepared our beds every day and was a great laugh and super friendly. I just had to give him the towel cards (which you shouldn’t lose as its €15 fine per card). The aqua park is AMAZING fun for all. Tip: bring your own rubber ring if you don’t want to share. We were lucky as a whole new load had just come into the hotel, and you never really had to wait too long, as the life guards were making sure of that. So many fun slides to try and enjoy. The Space Boat was our favourite slide although my youngest obviously enjoyed the less thrilling ones. There are lifeguards in every critical corner of the aqua park and they do a fantastic job and love a little smile or chat from the guests, so try to make some effort to keep them motivated.

Then dinner in the buffet restaurant is as I said best if you arrive upon opening at 6:30pm before everyone messes everything up. The soups are very nice and there is always something different really to choose from. Yes after a week or 10 days it does get boring, but that is why it’s nice to have the opportunity to register for an Italian or Indian night. Our Italian experience was terrible, although the food was lovely. It was utter chaos. You have to pre-order the day before and they got it all wrong, didn’t serve our drinks and we never bothered to stay for ice cream, which is incredible, because ice cream is at a premium in this hotel (only available at lunch time, tiny amount served, or if you are willing to pay for magnum style – UK prices). The Indian was on the other hand a great experience although less choice for kids. But the nan bread and pakora's were lovely and great service although this again is buffet style.

The next day we became familiar with the Kids Entertainment, which was on through the Freak Animation team, first in the kids club (which is not a crèche!). The team is led by the Ukrainian Natalia (although there were various other names being used during the two weeks) and she is definitely not shy and quite the animator. You have to get to know her to appreciate her, which we did as I personally became quite involved in the evening entertainment during our stay. Tito is the onsite Egyptian Animator DJ and my 5 year old became quite a fan. There were the 3 Russian part of the Animation team who were lovely also, but didn’t speak much English and two of them left towards the end of the holiday. But then there were Amanda and Claire who were always around doing games in and out the pool and my girls just simply loved them, as did my 2 year old son who couldn’t wait for a visit from Amanda in particular. Those girls especially but the whole animation team was fantastic. They do try to put on as much as they can and I don't know how they do it - those are long hours that they do. Sure it won’t be to everyone’s taste, but it was all good fun and our kids couldn’t wait to get to Kids Disco after dinner where they learned lots of new foreign songs and dances. And those will be stuck in all our heads for some time. Then there was some generic entertainment also with fire shows, belly dancing, audience participation events, etc… Furthermore the team also went off site to local disco’s and the Hard Rock Café – but that wasn’t for us - the sun does tire you out. Great job girls and Tito! Our holiday would NOT have been the same without you! THANKS! For the rest there was also live music and singing at the Aqua Park bar, although we didn’t bother with that, but that was usually finished around 11PM also.

Finally some additional points: the room cleaning is fine, although I don’t think they wash the floors often and could do with making sure that there is enough toilet paper. You will most likely get sick (tummy bug, etc), I don’t blame the food or anything like that, I think it's simply the heat difference. So be prepared, but local pharmacy can help at a cost. Don’t take a chance and use factor 50 sunscreen all the time. You still will tan deeply but without the pain and peeling - I know someone used factor 30 and suffered. Use loads of aftersun and repellent! Wifi didn’t work very well and limited to the reception area, but I had excellent roaming service although that is expensive, so good for the now and again check in on facebook only!

The management and the team are excellent and are willing to improve all the time, so make suggestions and complaints, but stay polite about it. The main manager was around observing very frequently, and problems were addressed immediately. He was even there to wave us a group of us out when we left. My big suggestions to the hotel are to:

-Turn the diluted juices machines around so that you can help yourself,
-Get much more ice-cream availability!
-The mini bar should be filled (at least once a week) without having to pay extra for it.

For you as tourist in this resort; You will get asked (politely) to buy spa treatments, trips etc. Some call it being hassled, but ultimately it is your decision and those guys are always up for a chat also, and eventually will listen to the word NO. Those services are worth doing! But negotiate the price heavily! Don’t be afraid to say no. I still never bought that SUN newspaper, but I was still his “mate” on the last day.

The queues were not terrible and not all cultures are used to the queue-up system the British use. A fast lesson is learned though and you should stand your ground and don't let it be a problem – and the servers educate everyone also to the system. And yes, it is near the airport, so there are going to be planes flying over now and again, but its not Heathrow! Use the free shuttle bus to the sister hotel, its worth going to the beach and the snorkelling is out of this world as you simply float on the Red Sea and the water is so warm. You can use your band to get your all inclusive drinks and bar snacks! And we heard nothing but good things about the shopping in Nabq Bay, but it was too hot for my young family to go. for €8 you can fill a laundry bag and get it washed and ironed - bargain as there is a lot that you can fit in that bag!

All in all we very much enjoyed our first trip to Egypt, loved the sun, loved the people, loved the animation team and absolutely loved our 2013 best summer holiday ever - so on behalf of my family I thank you! Go and enjoy it also at your earliest opportunity!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Steve v
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday at the Sea Club Aqua Park Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and highly welcome every opportunity to improve. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#19 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,995 reviews

Been to Sea Club Aqua Park? Share your experiences!