“The Good, The Great & The Excellent”

Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel location: It suited us with kids as we were 15mins from the airport. My suggestion would be to do as my wife did and check the location prior to travelling as I expected to be 15 / 20 min drive from main shop and this turned out to be the case. Service: This was excellent from Reda the lifeguard, Rana the children entertainer, Hesham in the restaurant, The omelette man is we called him, who did the eggs in the morning, The Head Chef who encouraged feedback and the Hotel Manager who was always visible and approachable. Aqua Park / Children Activities / Swimming Pool: For kids this is a great hotel and the children during the day are very well looked after. The aqua park was used by kids and adults and the swimming pools always seem to be a hive of activity. There were lots of sunbeds with fresh towels available and also one of the waiters making sure that you always had a drink or the offer of a drink! Rooms / Sleep Quality: We had a 2 bedroom apartment and it was of good quality with beds made everyday. Safe available in the room at no extra cost, fridge and Plazma TV in both rooms.

Value: This hotel is good value for money

Areas of improvement:
1) Wifi access
2) No Disco / Ampitheatre on whilst there, but this was due to open within a week of my departure, so the standard of the hotel, could only get better & better.
3) Evening entertainment, needs to be more vaired.
4) Salesman at the poolside should be reduced or restricted to certain times during a day - Would add that I booked a great snorkelling trip, so definitely recommended.
5) Food initially was quite bland and aimed towards the Russians, however as time went on this improved and continued to do so right up to our departure.

It was clear that the hotel had only been open 5 months, but by mid May / Early June this will be up and running on all fronts and I wouldn't hesitate to re-book to go back as it definitely offers, good value, great people, Excellent weather.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank HeccyC

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great hotel by all measures - amazing service, Good rooms, excellent service by all staff members who are very friendly and attentive(Rana,Juli,Reda,Bahgat....) food is just fantastic. So this hotel is just simply amazing, if you want to have a great vacation - this is the right place to go!
I miss you hotel & staff ♥

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank AhmadAljabri
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Really looking forward to going to this hotel, I have been talking to them on Facebook and so far they have been really helpful .....arriving on 30th June 2013.
I've been told all the facilities are open now.....anyone got any pictures of the VIP family room for me to see?

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank heidaskw
M A, General Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for the trust & confidence extended to us through your stay and for your commenst too. I will check the corrospondence on the facebook and will check which room type is requested from your side. We have Family rooms ( 1 big living room with 2 sofa beds or 2 small beds , separating door to the master bed room, one bathroom and shower room). The other type is the family suite ( two separated bed rooms in addition to a small entrance or reception, one bathroom and shower room). . Will send you the needed photos on the facebook . Your next visit to us will entitle you for the following:
1- Free upgarde to the best available room type.
2- Fruit basket on arrival .
3 - Full amenities in the room & the bathroom ( Bathrobes, slipppers, tea & coffee set up, shampoo, conditioners, shower gel, shower cap.....etc)
4- Free late check out till 16:00 .
Looking forwrad to welcoming you back at your second home (Sea Club Aqua Park). Thank you once again & kind regards .

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have just come back from a lovely sunshine break at this hotel. We have not been to Egypt before so i dont have anything to compare it to but it most definitely has not put us off returning! Having 3 kids 17,16 +6 I had to spend time finding somewhere that we could all enjoy, I can say that this hotel gave us that and the older 2 didn't say they were bored til the last day! I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on here but i am not a person to be bothered by uneven grout so came with an open mind.The rooms were big and the beds so comfy! A little disappointed that there was no bath as the sea groups web site said that there was but it didn't effect our stay. Our toilet lock was broken which I reported, it wasn't fixed whilst we were there but again it didn't spoil anything so hey ho! The rooms were cleaned every day really well. The pools are great, a little cold to begin with, a good amount of life guards who interacted and played with the kids, I felt reassured and felt it safe to let the youngest play in the kids pool whilst we lay on the sunbeds. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, I never tipped once and nor was I made to feel expected too. They were great with the kids making a fuss of the youngest at dinner etc, our middle one has a broken arm at the mo and staff even cut his food for him when they saw him struggling!! They all wanted to sign his cast too!! The food was good and yes it was a bit repetitive but varied enough to have something different every night and we had a lovely meal at the Indian restaurant (at no extra charge). The entertainment was not Butlins but I never came to eygpt for that! But it was ok enough for us, kids stuff improved as the week went by with Rana and Mickey having great enthusiasm and excellent with all the kids. I can't remember all the staffs names but Fathy ( I think?) who cooks the fresh omelettes has the loveliest smile and make the best omelette, Ali at the pool bar, Ibriham in the restaurant and Mahmood in reception who spent 4hrs sorting a problem with our transfer company are just a few of the best. they really seemed to appreciate English manners oppossed to the lack of manners shown by some of the guest from different countries who could be rude abrupt and push in, staff would do there best to ask them to go to the back of the queue but some Just would not be told. There ways should not reflect badly on the hotel or the staff as its there culture and they would behave that way where ever they stay. There were a few bits thet needed to be completed like the amphitheatre but it didn't make our stay worse because it wasn't open, it would only make it better if we go back. If I could get another good deal then I would return in the future. And yes the Internet connection/availability was naff! But on a positive note it meant I spent more time relaxing instead of checking my phone!!

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank Claireandbigdaddy
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family and I have just got back from a wonderful time at sea club aqua park. The staff were excellent in all areas and did there very best to make our stay most enjoyable from REDA one of the life guards always playing with the kids, RANA children's entertainer, HEAD CHEF really valuing our opinion, HENSHAM is the restaurant serving with a big smile everyday. Kids loved the watersides and I even had a go the the scary stake board one only after the lifeguards made me. As the hotel is very new things changed each day around us new bits opening such as the Indian and the anpitheatre looked only days away from completion. The food also changed improving greatly with fabulous authentic Egyptian night and great BBQ in the restaurant area. I have 3 children whom I would consider fussy eater and they managed to find something they liked every meal time!! I agree with the other comments regarding the Internet very poor indeed I would stand right next to he hub I get a signal, this really needs improving, also would have like a bar area indoors. There were many nationalities staying in the hotel I would stay mainly Russian and britsh also Dutch and Germans. I really hope people give it's try and see that it's very good value for many especially if you have more than 2 children. Finally I didn't come across anyone who got sick, we even had the ice and salad etc.

• Stayed: April 2013
9  Thank Maryplus4
M A, General Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Would like to thank you for the trust & confidence extended to us and for your comments about your stay. All our team members are doing their maximum in order to meet our guests expectations. We are operating now with all the restuarants and bars, and in order to add more variety to our guests we added our Italian restaurant to the all inclusive package in addition to the new Fish & Chips corner by the swimming pool. Related to the internet I agree with you that it gets slow in the peak time but infact it is in all the area not only our hotel, however if the guest needs any business center issues we are very flixable to let the guest use any of our offices to print documents or to do any business related tasks. Also, our I.T. manager is ready to support the guests with needed advice or troubleshooting .
Looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park soon. Thank you once again & kind regards .

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was going to write a long winded review but think "charliebubbles" below sums it up very well , as he said the staff were very good and helpful ,especially if your good to them with tips , I thought the food was also monotonous after 2 weeks of very similar dishes , definitely made to serve the "Russian" palette , talking of whom and on which Charlie hinted on , if you can't stand arrogance , bad manners and occasional threatening behaviour from the afore mentioned race then it's not the place for you , I would estimate that around 75% of the customers there were "Eastern European" , before we left the staff had to remove some of the rings used at the water park due to some patrons nearly coming to blows over them , not what you want to see on holiday . Rooms were nice and new with the beds being especially comfy , our cleaner was marvelous and always left the place spotless every day ,. The kids loved the water parks and pools and the "Freak Animation" team kept many amused with games etc , special mention to "Rana" for always being cheery, fun and enthusiastic .
Use of sister hotels facilities on the beach were appreciated as was the free shuttle bus to and from it , well worth while visiting if only for the amazing snorkeling at the beach and free drinks and snacks from their bars.
Do read "charliebubbles" review below , it does sum up the rest of the complex very well.

Room Tip: Keep off the ground floor rooms if mosquitoes bother you , other family in our group got eaten alive...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ross M
M A, General Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued guest,
First of all thank you for staying with us during your holiday and for your valued comments. We are delighted to inform you that your comment are taken positively and an immediate action has been taken. Thank you that you liked the rooms, the cleanliness , the animation and the staff who are very good and helpful , We did all our best and worked on your comments about the food variety and I am glade to confirm to you that We have now the Indian restaurant operating for lunch and dinner, We added the Italian restaurant in the all inclusive package offering three set menus served in an elegant dinner atmosphere in addition to the upgrade occurred to our daily theme nights in the main restaurant. We have the fish & ships corner too and the pizza and burger corner at the Aqua Bar. I hope that you try our resort again after we have all the facilities and I assure you that you will like the food too as you liked the rest of the facilities that you mentioned. Thank you once again & looking forward to welcome you back in order to have the change to show you the improvements occurred and to have another chance to change the impression you got about our food variety.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Enjoyed a fabulous week here in early March. The hotel is great for families, the pools are amazing and the rooms big and spacious. The beds as others have said are amazingly comfy. Yes the food is a bit on the boring side but there's enough choice to make sure you can find something to tempt you. The puddings will make sure you don't come back thinner than when you left! Would recommend this hotel without doubt. My only note of caution is to those with teenage daughters. The staff, particularly the lifegaurds at the slides, do like to flirt which is fine for those who don't mind but can be intimidating to others. My daughter is 13 but looks older and was uneasy about going on the slides on her own as she had a lot of unwanted attention. She got used to it after a couple of days though so it didn't spoil the holiday.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh
Aqua Blu Sharm
Aqua Blu Sharm
#42 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa? Share your experiences!