“Wish we could of stayed longer!”

Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have just come back from a lovely sunshine break at this hotel. We have not been to Egypt before so i dont have anything to compare it to but it most definitely has not put us off returning! Having 3 kids 17,16 +6 I had to spend time finding somewhere that we could all enjoy, I can say that this hotel gave us that and the older 2 didn't say they were bored til the last day! I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on here but i am not a person to be bothered by uneven grout so came with an open mind.The rooms were big and the beds so comfy! A little disappointed that there was no bath as the sea groups web site said that there was but it didn't effect our stay. Our toilet lock was broken which I reported, it wasn't fixed whilst we were there but again it didn't spoil anything so hey ho! The rooms were cleaned every day really well. The pools are great, a little cold to begin with, a good amount of life guards who interacted and played with the kids, I felt reassured and felt it safe to let the youngest play in the kids pool whilst we lay on the sunbeds. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, I never tipped once and nor was I made to feel expected too. They were great with the kids making a fuss of the youngest at dinner etc, our middle one has a broken arm at the mo and staff even cut his food for him when they saw him struggling!! They all wanted to sign his cast too!! The food was good and yes it was a bit repetitive but varied enough to have something different every night and we had a lovely meal at the Indian restaurant (at no extra charge). The entertainment was not Butlins but I never came to eygpt for that! But it was ok enough for us, kids stuff improved as the week went by with Rana and Mickey having great enthusiasm and excellent with all the kids. I can't remember all the staffs names but Fathy ( I think?) who cooks the fresh omelettes has the loveliest smile and make the best omelette, Ali at the pool bar, Ibriham in the restaurant and Mahmood in reception who spent 4hrs sorting a problem with our transfer company are just a few of the best. they really seemed to appreciate English manners oppossed to the lack of manners shown by some of the guest from different countries who could be rude abrupt and push in, staff would do there best to ask them to go to the back of the queue but some Just would not be told. There ways should not reflect badly on the hotel or the staff as its there culture and they would behave that way where ever they stay. There were a few bits thet needed to be completed like the amphitheatre but it didn't make our stay worse because it wasn't open, it would only make it better if we go back. If I could get another good deal then I would return in the future. And yes the Internet connection/availability was naff! But on a positive note it meant I spent more time relaxing instead of checking my phone!!

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank Claireandbigdaddy

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family and I have just got back from a wonderful time at sea club aqua park. The staff were excellent in all areas and did there very best to make our stay most enjoyable from REDA one of the life guards always playing with the kids, RANA children's entertainer, HEAD CHEF really valuing our opinion, HENSHAM is the restaurant serving with a big smile everyday. Kids loved the watersides and I even had a go the the scary stake board one only after the lifeguards made me. As the hotel is very new things changed each day around us new bits opening such as the Indian and the anpitheatre looked only days away from completion. The food also changed improving greatly with fabulous authentic Egyptian night and great BBQ in the restaurant area. I have 3 children whom I would consider fussy eater and they managed to find something they liked every meal time!! I agree with the other comments regarding the Internet very poor indeed I would stand right next to he hub I get a signal, this really needs improving, also would have like a bar area indoors. There were many nationalities staying in the hotel I would stay mainly Russian and britsh also Dutch and Germans. I really hope people give it's try and see that it's very good value for many especially if you have more than 2 children. Finally I didn't come across anyone who got sick, we even had the ice and salad etc.

• Stayed: April 2013
9  Thank Maryplus4
M A, General Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Would like to thank you for the trust & confidence extended to us and for your comments about your stay. All our team members are doing their maximum in order to meet our guests expectations. We are operating now with all the restuarants and bars, and in order to add more variety to our guests we added our Italian restaurant to the all inclusive package in addition to the new Fish & Chips corner by the swimming pool. Related to the internet I agree with you that it gets slow in the peak time but infact it is in all the area not only our hotel, however if the guest needs any business center issues we are very flixable to let the guest use any of our offices to print documents or to do any business related tasks. Also, our I.T. manager is ready to support the guests with needed advice or troubleshooting .
Looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park soon. Thank you once again & kind regards .

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was going to write a long winded review but think "charliebubbles" below sums it up very well , as he said the staff were very good and helpful ,especially if your good to them with tips , I thought the food was also monotonous after 2 weeks of very similar dishes , definitely made to serve the "Russian" palette , talking of whom and on which Charlie hinted on , if you can't stand arrogance , bad manners and occasional threatening behaviour from the afore mentioned race then it's not the place for you , I would estimate that around 75% of the customers there were "Eastern European" , before we left the staff had to remove some of the rings used at the water park due to some patrons nearly coming to blows over them , not what you want to see on holiday . Rooms were nice and new with the beds being especially comfy , our cleaner was marvelous and always left the place spotless every day ,. The kids loved the water parks and pools and the "Freak Animation" team kept many amused with games etc , special mention to "Rana" for always being cheery, fun and enthusiastic .
Use of sister hotels facilities on the beach were appreciated as was the free shuttle bus to and from it , well worth while visiting if only for the amazing snorkeling at the beach and free drinks and snacks from their bars.
Do read "charliebubbles" review below , it does sum up the rest of the complex very well.

Room Tip: Keep off the ground floor rooms if mosquitoes bother you , other family in our group got eaten alive...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ross M
M A, General Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued guest,
First of all thank you for staying with us during your holiday and for your valued comments. We are delighted to inform you that your comment are taken positively and an immediate action has been taken. Thank you that you liked the rooms, the cleanliness , the animation and the staff who are very good and helpful , We did all our best and worked on your comments about the food variety and I am glade to confirm to you that We have now the Indian restaurant operating for lunch and dinner, We added the Italian restaurant in the all inclusive package offering three set menus served in an elegant dinner atmosphere in addition to the upgrade occurred to our daily theme nights in the main restaurant. We have the fish & ships corner too and the pizza and burger corner at the Aqua Bar. I hope that you try our resort again after we have all the facilities and I assure you that you will like the food too as you liked the rest of the facilities that you mentioned. Thank you once again & looking forward to welcome you back in order to have the change to show you the improvements occurred and to have another chance to change the impression you got about our food variety.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Enjoyed a fabulous week here in early March. The hotel is great for families, the pools are amazing and the rooms big and spacious. The beds as others have said are amazingly comfy. Yes the food is a bit on the boring side but there's enough choice to make sure you can find something to tempt you. The puddings will make sure you don't come back thinner than when you left! Would recommend this hotel without doubt. My only note of caution is to those with teenage daughters. The staff, particularly the lifegaurds at the slides, do like to flirt which is fine for those who don't mind but can be intimidating to others. My daughter is 13 but looks older and was uneasy about going on the slides on her own as she had a lot of unwanted attention. She got used to it after a couple of days though so it didn't spoil the holiday.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda M
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My friend booked this on an impulse and we were initially dismayed to find it was such a children's dream holiday place as we are 2 ladies of somewhat maturer years but we needn't have worried, the other pool was sufficiently adult orientated and well looked after by the bar attendant and pool attendant that we felt very relaxed and pampered. In fact all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful without always holding their hands out for a tip! We weren't thrilled with our first room as it had a double bed and sofa which would have caused problems but soon got upgraded to a 2 bedroomed suite which was beautiful. The bathroom was excellent with walk in shower and plenty of hot water. There were ample cupboards, safe and fridge in our room and a surprise birthday cake for my friend.Meals were good, tasty and variable and snacks were available at the bars during the day if you really felt the need !All in all we were more than pleased with our week and would thoroughly recommend the hotel , if you have young children it would be heaven on earth for them .

Room Tip: probably best away from the main building for a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank margaret b
Reviewed March 8, 2013

we have just come back from a week at sea club aqua park (feb 2013)we were a little worried about the resort being so new and only a few reviews ,mainly stated that the complex was still being built .
on arrival we were given a room at the far end of complex at the side of the main slide pools ,we asked to be moved closer to the main building and were moved straight away to the small quiet pool,which was ideal (we were also offered an upgrade to a suite but was about £120 for the week ,but as there was just 2 of use the standard room was fine.
there is a good gym that a used a few times ,,and a spa which is extra ,we had a full massage and turkish type bath which cost £60 each ,i really wouldnt bother with this .
the pools are nice and clean ,both with bars open till around 6pm ,small pool bar does morning snacks ,cakes and pastries and bar by slide pool does afternoon snacks ,burgers,pizza hotdogs and chips 2.30 to 4.00 ish.
main restaurant is ok ,plenty of choice ,cooking fresh omlettes and eggs and breakfast ,fresh pasta as you want it at meal times .also bbq ing something different most nights and cooking fresh meat etc in restaurant .
all the staff are very friendly and helpful ,always happy to help .
the rooms are very nice ,large and airy .massive beds and comfy too ,good tv and air conditioning
DOWN SIDES no mainly really some building work still ongoing ,no disco or entertainment at moment but not too far off finishing (will be great when done )
local alchohol is really bad ,if you like a tipple i would suggest you by a bottle at airport ,it was the main grubble of most of the people we met ,but lager and pop is fine .
take some insect repellant i and a lot of other got eaten alive( Not hotels fault ,when we told them they changed the bed and sprayed the room)excellent service
miles away from main resort of naama bay and old market (roughly 40km)there is a taxi service at hotel but fairly expensive ,about £15 for a return trip ,there is a limited shuttle bus to resorts but you only get 2 hours and costs about £6 each (7 euros )
there is also a free shuttle to sister hotel for the beach which runss every 30 mins or so

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank juliekyle
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just come back, it was such a great holiday. The staff were absolutely phenomenal! Very friendly, and couldn't do enough for you. I don't get why people moan about the food, you're obviously not doing to get English food. There was always loads of options available, fish, chicken, beef. Pasta bar, outdoor BBQ. Loads of salad and breads. And the coconut cake!! Yum. One night they did this home made bounty which was delicious. The snack bar in the afternoon also did really good pizza. Went to the gym once or twice, it was very clean and cool. Equipment brand new. Because of where the hotel is, you get this fantastic view of the mountains in the distance! And as much as you're under a flight path, you stop noticing it after a day, and watching the airport from the balcony became a bit of a lethargic past time in the late afternoon. I did a diving course, and left early a couple of mornings, breakfast opens nice and early at 7.00am though, and a Danish and coffee was just the ticket. Extremely clean, and the towel art was good, like a little surprise every day. And the beds, oh my gosh, incredibly comfortable.

The only reason for not giving full marks is the lack of evening entertainment for a more English/European crowd. The terrace area is lovely in the evening, don't get me wrong, but it does get a bit tedious after a week, especially the little kiddies club dancing. Plus having an option for ordering room service, food and drinks, would be fantastic too, but again, if you're only there for a week I doubt you would have any need. Being there two weeks, sometimes you just can't be bothered going out. To be honest though, I'm sure in a month, when the hotel is completed, both of these niggles will be tended too. So I'm positive when I go back in 12 months, which I am pretty eager to do (we had such a great time) I will defiantly give 5 stars.

Don't hesitate to book, and once you get there, for gods sake... SMILE. You're on holiday, there's no need to be a miserable git.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank PeachLAmour
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh
Aqua Blu Sharm
Aqua Blu Sharm
#42 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa? Share your experiences!