My wife and 3 yr old son and 3 month old baby daughter booked into Hauza on Oct 15th (Eid day). We were greeted with a cold drink at Reception and shown to our room which immediately we thought was shabby and dingy. The curtains weren't hanging right and it wasn't cleaned properly so we went back to reception and spoke to the Night Manager who reassured us that we could have an upgrade after bfast the following morning and that it was no problem at all. After breakfast the next morning it took hours for the reception staff to show us a slightly better room however when we got back to reception they were wanting 20 Euros each for it per night. This was not mentioned the night before at all. They then later at around 7pm took us to another room which was identical so what was the point we thought - we said please clean our room properly and can you give us a bath plug as our children were too young to shower so we needed to bath them - Hysam on Reception assured us this would be done but it never got done and so we just decided to make the most of it and stay in the room. We later discovered that it was not Hysam's fault and that the staff were under a lot of pressure from the owner allegedly. To cut a long story short it was our Fantastic Hotel Rep Waleed who understood our needs etc and he went and spoke to the owners son who had just flown in and he then approached us and apologised and upgraded us to a better sea view room and made sure the Guest Relations Manager Mahmoud went and checked the room out and also upgraded us to the red wrist bands which meant we were now VIP guests.
The bar staff Saleh and Mohammed in particular were just fantastic with our 3 yr old Hamza without being OTT. They made such a fuss over him and we got to know them all so well. I take my hat off to these lads as they leave their wives and children in Cairo and come out to Sharm to work long hours. The Animation Team (especially Daniel) were fantastic and so funny and sweet. The restaurant staff were not all so brilliant as nearly every day we would have to pick my daughters pushchair up and carry it down the few steps of the restaurant. Only maybe once or twice did the staff offer to help. But the Chef Ibraheem was so kind and everyday he offered to make our son chips etc - the other waiter Hassan was also so helpful and would bring our son melon which he loved. I must say the food was not brilliant and i ate very little but the desserts were quite good and you can see that the new Scottish chef is trying to improve on things and he was a lovely guy also and very friendly and polite. So i don't know why some people have said that the chef was charging to make their kids chips. One night we had to leave early and Ibraheem made chips and then even wrapped them up in foil so that we could take them with us bless him.
The hotel rooms are in need of an update but are a good size and our cleaner in the second week was very good. The hotel pools and surroundings are what really make this hotel very very good - the private beach is a real gem as the snorkelling and jetty must be tried - my son and i were in the Red Sea everyday amongst some bful fish like Cornet fish and picasso fish and many others. The young lad Ahmed who makes fresh pizzas all afternoon in the heat by the beach was lovely and always smiling - a real asset to the hotel. If someone reads this review and is at the Hotel would you please tell Ahmed that on the last day we tried to find him as my son Hamza had a gift for him. We met so many lovely people and quite a few Brits too. A big hello to Richard and his family from Peterborough. Ali and Emily from Yeovil. Ces and Margaret from Newcastle. John and Rachel from Oldham and last but not least our dear friend Bobbie from Newcastle who we met towards the end and we are all almost keeping in touch as all exchanged e mail addresses etc. I think the food by the pool during the day could defo be improved as there are only so many chicken wings one can eat everyday with potatoes. The coke etc was fizzy and nice. Lots of security around the hotel grounds at night and some of the Russians' behaviour was terrible - one night a Russian was blind drunk and started to beat his wife up before jumping in the pool - not nice to see when families and couples are sat around the pool late at night. Also the whole of the reception had no AC on at all which meant mosquitoes were ever present and it was too warm to sit there - their wi-fi was hardly ever working also so a let down there too. Toilets in the grounds and by the beach were very clean i must say but there was a fould sicky smell coming from the drinks area in the restaurant. There was a lad called Mido who made the sand filled bottles in the grounds and we became friends and before we left he made our son Hamza and daughter Halimah a free sand bottle each with their names written on them in Arabic - talented lad who was wanderful with us and we spoke everyday - along with the towel lads by the beach who i took pizza and drinks for every day. They were so humble and grateful and i told them that it was my pleasure. By the end of the holiday we finally said that if they made a few more improvements we would defo visit again because the staff are just the best. The owner, if you are reading this, you need to value your staff more and trust in them because they work dam hard so please cut them some slack. We have stayed in better hotels but there was something about this place that made you feel very welcome and comfortable. Who knows maybe we will visit again one day and if we don't i will certainly call in and visit the staff if still there. If it wasn't for Waleed i don't think we would have been upgraded so a special huge thanks to him for his understanding. I must apologise also to the night manager because one night we ordered a pizza which we paid for and we were told it would be 10 mins but it took nearly 50 minutes and my son was falling asleep and he hadn't eaten much all day so i became very angry and so i shouted at him down the phone - if you are reading this Mr Bassoomi i apologise as i appreciate your hands are tied too but please do not make guests any false promises and if there is a charge for something then i think you need to let the guests know in advance. Also a special shout to the red spectacle wearing Guest Relations Manager who on our last day listened to us and gave us all gifts and insisted we visit again - i forget your name right now but have your e mail address at home and will e mail you. This Hotel has the potential to become one of the very best but the owner really needs to invest in order to do this - also on a couple of nights towards the end - they had like a pool party and the music was far too loud and it went on until around midnight. We weren't happy as we were trying to settle our 2 young children but they did settle eventually. The AC in the rooms was the best ever but they need to have it on in the reception area. Thank you Hauza for giving us a great hol in the end and my apologies to anyone i may have upset.
Mr Shehzad Hussain and Family from Bradford West Yorkshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just imagine a holiday spent on Golden beach of Sharm El Shiekh and an evening under the desert stars, BOOK NOW And Feel Our Different Experience! A private, golden sandy beach fringes the all-inclusive Hauza Beach Hotel. Gently swaying palms and the sounds of the waves ebbing at the shore create a delightful ambiance. The location in Nabq Bay overlooking Tiran Island makes this hotel the perfect option for seeing the very best of Sharm El Sheikh. Holiday in style as you make use of resort facilities such as a sea water lagoon, stunning pools, open-air Jacuzzi and safari excursions, sports, dancing, shopping and much more. This is the ideal option for couples and families ensuring the kids have fun in the playground and with activities too. This award winning resort ensures a good time is had by all matched with incredible hospitality, impeccable service and excellent facilities. From morning until night, the choices you encounter make for a thoroughly enjoyable break in this popular Sharm El Sheikh location. The authentic Bedouin atmosphere of the Hauza Beach Resort transports you into the Egyptian charm wherever you are in the resort. A combination of room choices from twin options to queen suites offer superb views and many modern amenities are available to suit each guest’s needs. Plentiful facilities within the resort accommodate sports, shopping, and entertainment, in addition to excellent dining options, and theme nights. Comprehensive resort services are also widely available allowing you to completely relax and enjoy your well-earned break. We would love to see you at Hauza Beach Hotel & Resort and look forward to making you feel at home. Be sure to check out our excellent All-Inclusive plus concept! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hauza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hauza Beach Hotel Nabq Bay
- Hotel Hauza Beach
- Hauza Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay