“5th time and will be back for 6th”
Review of Hauza Beach Resort

Hauza Beach Resort
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Once again thx Hauza for an amazing holiday.... Just want to say that I returned on my own this time, and was treated so well, all the staff made me feel so welcome, and I felt totally comfortable being a lone female. As a repeat guest you get special treats, but they make everyone welcome whether its yr first time or yr 5th........ Food has got better and the entertainment team do their best to interact with everyone, if you want to be left alone they respect that, Daniel, Sasha and Manchester were great. I will be back again x

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in July for a week with my friend after completing our exams,the food selection was poor especially as she is a vegetarian. The pools with the water slides which looked so lovely online where dirty and the bottom of the pools where black&needed a good tidy up!! The smell in the restaurant was vile,and increased when you went up to the bar,it was so bad it made us heave . The Indian restaurant was lovely&chinese was nice but it was so dark lights would be good!!! On our last day we took our towels back,the staff were too busy talking and dismissed us without returning our cards,we had a tough job to get the hotel not to charge us because of this!!! Location and beach great but that's all!!! Feel like our much needed&looked forward to holiday was wasted

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed October 9, 2013

worst hotel ever !! been to Egypt many times before and never have i stayed in such a bad mannered hotel that seem to only look after the Russians !! location and beach was the only good thing i can say about this hotel as their guest relations manager was rude and very unhelpful .... his hospitality was dreadfull , while i was there for 10 days there were complaints made everyday from other English tourists and not one member of staff were in a position to help ... i requested to see the hotel manager twice only to be told he was too busy to see me !!! for 5 star i would say they would be scratching the surface to be a 3 star ...animation staff were very good when they actually arrived , for the 1st 5 days there was only 1member of animation yet brochure said entertainment everynight ... rooms were very basic and needed a major update , bathroom filthy as on arrival i had hair in the bath and mould around the basin and no-one unable to help or had authority to change rooms for you and no facility to up-grade on arrival ... i recommend you shop around for hotels in Sharm as there are some really lovely hotels that are truely a 5 star ..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 109shell
Reviewed October 8, 2013

4 adults and 2 children have just had a very good 10 days this hotel, and yes we would go back.
Hauza was only a quarter full when we arrived so there was no problem in queing for anything and we had a choice of upteen sun beds.
The staff were very helpfull and not pushy, unlike the guys trying to sell us all kinds of trips everyday, they do tend to leave you alone after a few days, but if you do go for one of their trips ........barter, you may strike lucky.
We booked for a all day boat trip snorkling and diving including lunch and drinks and it was well worth the price and experiance.
Anyway back to the hotel ... Drink and eat as much as you like, as the temperatures reached a very hot 35 deg you do tend to dehydrate a bit. A brilliant pool to laze in.The hotel is a large complex leading down to a gritty beach, as we had a pushchair it didnt favour with a lot of steps to conquer , if your in a wheel-chair , forget it cause theres no way for you to get to the beach.
Once there you only have to walk upto knee height in the water and thousands of different colourful fish swim around you. I have never snorkled but it didnt take me to long to get used to it and under water it was amazing ....take a short walk to the pier and jump off and again snorkel into oblivion .........fantastic.
When we got back to our room our clean towels were made into crocodiles , swans, flowers and snakes , well worth the cleaners a small tip.
Our small children ate most of what was served but on a couple of occations it was no trouble for CARLO , the head chef to make for the children what they required, i have included a foto of him.
On 2 occations we ate mexican and oriental outside which included entertainments.
Manchester, Daniel and Sasha, the animation team, were very good and encouraged us to join in some pool activities, allways a good smile and helpfull.
I would advise not to use the in room security boxes [ cost 175 egypt pounds for my 10 days] because i had a minor monetry disscrepency , the reception security boxes are free.
If you venture outside the complex there are plenty of taxis, again barter, if they say 70 you say 40 if they disagree you walk away 9 times out of ten they will give in, we traveled miles for 25 egyption pounds.
There was an unfortunate incident regarding some eastern european guests on our 2nd to last day and i must praise Manchester and Tito by trying to resolve the problem ...survise to say that they did not and a few persons were a little agrieved by the incident , it was surprising that there was no security pressence to uphold this.
Enjoy your stay at this hotel, cause we did

Room Tip: Barter for a better room if required, also offer a price to keep your room on before your flight hom...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before and as a returning guest got some free drinks in room fridge every day. Location is a bit out of the way as had to travel to namma bay every day for my diving. 24 hour bar was nice and the guys that worked it were all great. Especially Chico and maher. These guys would fetch us drinks all day. The food had improved since my last stay, the Indian and Mongolian diners were very good indeed. The head chef Carlo was a star and came to talk to us to tell us about the way they cook some dishes. This guy is a credit to the hotel and is its best selling point for me. The only let down was I had 40 pounds sterling stolen from my wallet. I don't no who took it but I never saw the cleaner again. I reported the theft to guest relations and he said he believed that it had been taken but thought I may have had women in my room that may have taken it. Why he thought this I don't no but I didn't have any lady guests in there whatsoever . Next time I go il be stopping on motel street in namma bay as it makes more sense for my diving. Enjoyed the holiday but it was let down by the fact I had cash taken

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pay Loads And Youll Get Loads! It Is A Cheap 5 Star...You Get What You Pay For! It Cost Me And My Partner £1100 For 15 Nights All Inclusive Including Flights! Yes The Hotel Needs A Referb, Yes It Not UK 5 Start Standard, But Its Got 2 Amazing Swimming Pools And An Amazing Coral Reef. Yes The Food Isnt 5 Star Or English....But You Are In A Country That Is Basic And Lives Totally Different To How We Live. It Has Everything You Need, But There Are Extras That They Charge For, Which Is Annoying. For Example, Water, Ice Cream, Burgers And Chips. Some Staff Act Like You Are Being A Burden For Asking For Something, But On The Other Hand Some Holiday Makers There Act Like They Are The Most Important People There And Speak To Them Like Rubbish! Chico On The Pool Bar Is Fantasic And Will Do Anything For You! Daniel Who Was Part Of The Animation Team Was Outstanding! Going Out Of His Way For Anyone....Got Me Some Tea To Help With My Stomach Pain ( Not Part Of His Job. ) Yes Me And My Partner Got The Bacterial Infection...But People From OTHER Hotels Got That Two! Yes There Is A Pile Of Dirt/Rubbish Next To The Beach, They Are Buliding A New Pool/Sauna For The Spa....Which Do Amazing Massages! Yes People Bug You By The Pool, Its How The Make A Living! The Jive Bar Is A Must And Only 5 Min Walk To The Right. This Place Is Beautiful But Remember Is You Are Not Paying Loads To Stay Here, There Is A Reason! And Remember You Are Going To Another Country, A Country That Does Things Differently, Respect That! And They Will Respect You!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The true about Hauza is that it has max 3*. The hotel grounds are nice, beach is great. We liked our room but I must say it was bit tired. Housekkeping and f&b staff were good an polite. This hotel has terrible front of house staff. Everytime I asked for something they said "WHAT!?". When I tried to borrow pen, i was told no because they have only one... When I asked to break 100egyptian £ to 20 or 50 they said we have no change left and returned me another 100 laughing to my face. Also on my last day I asked reception staff to place my purse to safe, few hours later when i requested it back he took it from behind the counter. When I complained to guest relation, the answer was that it is too big to be placed to the safe and behavior of his staff is absolutely under his control + he is dealing with many natinalities with different requests. He also said that we are in Egypt for the first time and we dont know that it is extremely safe country and there is 3 years imprisoment for theft so therefore it is 100% secure to leave purse full of money and jewelery at the reception counter. He did not admit a mistake nor any apology given.
Last but not the least You cannot enjoy a sunbathing by the pool or on the beach simply because there are hotel employed people bothering you one by one with different offers all the time(tours, scuba diving, massage, salon services etc) They come everyday even if they know that you are not interested in anything and dont take NO as an answer.

It is a shame that lovely hotel with stunning surroundings pays for unprofessional reception staff with unpolite manners and neverending hassle caused by employees on hotel grounds.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#11 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Laguna Vista Beach Resort
Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel
Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hote...
#74 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
#12 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Hauza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!