Hauza Beach Resort
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Palmyra Resort(Nabq Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Nubian Island Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
3,117 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just returned from a 6 night all - inclusive at Hauza Beach Resort. The only good thing was the WEATHER. Quite frankly this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Room was filthy, food was unacceptable, there was no entertainment. The pool music was 'bang bang bang' all day. You could not relax for more than 10 mins without someone trying to sell you either a massage, shave, quad-biking or excursions. The staff were rude & on more than one occasion having approached reception for help on a matter we were left standing! No eye contact no sense of urgency about anything. We tolerated the hotel in the day......eating the small variety of pastries available from the pool snack bar at 10am each day & then a toasted cheese sandwich at 1pm. We paid over £1,600 for flights & accomodation. We then had to spend another £500 to get a decent meal & have a few nice drinks out of the hotel on an evening. Don't do it! If your anything like me you'll work hard for your money don't waste it at the Hauza Beach

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JCLeedsLeeds_England
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have just returned from 1 week here, all inclusive! Firstly I'd like to say I'm not a fussy person, i just expect what ive paid for. Ive never felt the need to review anywhere before, but this place was very very poor. my husband and I paid £1500 for 1 week here. The first room we were taken to was disgusting! No balcony/outdoor space at all and it was filthy. They wouldn't move us til the next day so had to strip the bed (it was badly stained) and stay there 1 night. Fridge had big brown stains as did the walls. I've genuinely stayed in a nicer 2* in Bangkok! When they moved us we had a much nicer room, (tipped generously to get it). I'd say this was 3* room at best.
Next the food- this was the worst aspect. It's not a great selection but you can find something (you won't starve here) but the cleanliness is a real issue. We only sat on a clean table with knives and forks once, other times tables werent wiped down so had to sit with remnants of other peoples food. The hotel mainly provides for Russian guests who don't queue and at one time I was physically pushed out of the way by a woman then a young girl pulled the serving spoon out of my hand. I'll be honest- I actually sat and cried, it was awful!!! You have to fetch your own drinks too. Best piece of advice is tip, tip, tip! Then they might clean your table and get drinks for you.
The pool is nice and bar staff are lovely. 24hr drinks is a plus and beach is good but beach bar not open.
Overall I'd STRONGLY recommend finding another hotel. Please don't pass this off as a fussy customer. We made the most of it by eating out towards the end of the week but you can find much nicer! It has a bad reputation on the bay with locals!!!
Filthy!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Katymack5
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked an all-inclusive package with Hauza Beach Resort.

Positives:
From the moment we stepped on the property we were treated so well. Two nice men carried our bags to our room after we checked in. The room was more than adequate with a comfortable king size bed, a flat screen TV with USB input, and a view of the sea and pool.

The food was great with a large variety and changed daily. The choices repeated after a couple of days. I did find that the best food came when you were early or on time for meals. There was a small line but well worth the wait. They also offer two speciality restaurants and we were VERY pleased with our meal at the oriental restaurant. I would advise you to book these right away because they did fill up fast and we could not get into the island restaurant. Breakfast offered omelets every day, and pancakes. (No syrup but we used honey.) Lunch and dinner were delicious.

The animation team was a great group of people! We enjoyed playing water polo, volleyball, bocce ball, salsa dance lessons, darts etc. The comedy show in the evening was hilarious. Also the Michael Jackson impersonator did a good job.

The resort has a Guest Relations manager who speaks great English and was very helpful. He was able to get us into one of the restaurants on short notice. He also helped us to arrange for my wife's sister to come stay for a few days at a good rate.

The beach is AMAZING. The hotel's best feature is being front line. Beautiful fish, nice sandy beach. Plenty of umbrellas and lounge chairs. My first time to snorkel was a great experience. They have good service at the bars and if you don't feel like going up to lunch, you can get a panini at the pool bar or a pizza at the beach bar.

Negatives:
Our room was not fully clean upon arrival. The bathroom mirror looked dirty, there was some sand in the tub, and we had no toiletries in the basket. But, a call to the front desk and all was quickly fixed. There were some other signs of wear on the property. Nothing that got in the way of a good time, and I did see them fixing things promptly.

Tipping: Reading online I found that to get the best service, give a couple of Egyptian pounds for any services provided. ie when they bring you a drink, towel, when they bring you a bottle of ketchup etc. This is how we tipped all week. On our last day, the server politely said we weren't tipping enough. This was a major negative for me. But, we did have great service all week.

Another negative on the first day is that we were visited 9 times by people offering us excursions, camel rides, massages, even a hair cut.... This was quite annoying and after the first few, I had to be more forceful because I was sick of looking at brochures. But, once you said no, they remembered the rest of the week and we were not approached again.

I also feel this hotel could do a better job with communicating all that is included when you first check in. A list of all that is available to you and where to find it would be great.

All in all, it was a fabulous week and I would definitely recommend this resort to those looking for a nice relaxing getaway.

Some suggestions: 1) Bring a large plastic cup for each person. They don't mind filling the big ones for you. Otherwise you get small plastic ones 2) Get a taxi to and from the facility in lieu of the included free transport. Otherwise you will stop at many other resorts on your way to/from the airport. 3) Book the speciality restaurants quickly. (You have to go to the restaurant to make the reservations.) Also, choose these on days when the main buffet is not having something special. (mexican, italian, chinese etc.) 4) Don't be afraid to let guest relations know what you need or if something isn't quite right. 5) Go to evening meal a little before 7:00. I found the food was much better when we went first thing. Not so important at breakfast or lunch, but definitely important for dinner. 6) If you think you will need more than 2 hours online, go into town and get a vodaphone usb internet stick.

Enjoy your stay at this great front line resort. Well worth the money! I hope we can go back someday! Don't listen to the negative reviews, I think they are being too picky.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beach or pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BuckPastor
BasselEnab, Guest Relations Manager at Hauza Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Many thanks for your review, and we are very glad that you find the hotel excellent and you like the food we offer .also your kind comments about the staff are much appreciated. Looking forward to see you again soon. ! Best wishes from the Hauza Team!

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my parents here for some winter sun. If I am honest we got off to a shaky start my parents have been to sharm before and expected a slightly more luxurious place. We stayed at the Mandarin and one of the rooms had a strange smell which turned out to be because they spray all the rooms for bugs. The guest relations guy Ahmed came to sort it out and in all credit to him he sorted it out straight away and went out of his way to make us happy. The rooms are very spacious and the cleaners do their best to impress with various towel animals.

The mandarin has a large pool and mohammed on the pool bar is lovely a real gentleman and nice to chat to while having a pre drink before dinner.

I personally liked the food there wasn't a huge amount of choice but this worked in the hotels favour as the food that was available was fresh, hot and tasty. I think if your a fussy eater you would find it harder but there was always freshly baked breads and some grilled meat and stone baked pizza on the beach at lunch time. No one in our party got ill or anyone else we talked to which is good for egypt!!

Mohammed in the restaurant was lovely he reserved us a table and put flowers on it and remembered our drink order. It wasn't because we tipped but because we were friendly, polite and smiled. The staff here are so friendly and if you just treat them like fellow human beings you will get a lot back! The way some people behaved and spoke to the staff was really bad but they always remained professional and gave good service which i wouldn't have done in their place.
Definately go to the indian it was lovely and the british mixer cocktail party was good to.

The drinks were actually really nice we bought some spirits in duty free as we werent sure on the quality of all inclusive booze but we were pleasantly surprised. If you asked for a cocktail 9 times out of 10 it was nice. If the bar was quiet the bar men would bring more over even if you didnt ask. Again just from treating people how you want to be treated.

The hauza has two pools and beaches one with entertainment and a quieter one.
The entertainment! Well what can i say!
They work extremely hard and all have a heart of gold. There is quite a lot of shouting (monkey) and messing around but they do try and there is always something to do. Jimmy gave us a lot of laughs maybe for the wrong reasons, oscar's michael jackson show is amazing and definately worth a watch, gioanna sorry giovani was our beach favourite, ciara and danielli were awesome and danielli looked better in a dress than i do. There is a russian guy who looks like joey essex and is a really good ballet/contemporary dancer to. If you want some quiet just choose where you sunbathe.

The snorkelling is incredible and your lucky enough to have a little bay to paddle in where you can see a lot of fish if you don't feel confident in deeper sea. I would definately recommend having a massage to.

We ventured out to town we didnt really have to and we were quite happy at the hotel but we went to the hard rock one night and to the three crowns. We flagged a taxi and paid £2 each way.

The russians we didnt really have any problems with. A couple of them cut in on the good queues but we tended to go to dinner after 7.30 to avoid the rush so it wasnt really that busy and the chefs always made it upto you giving you double servings if this happened. They were good entertainment we saw a few domestics and during the michael jackson show one woman was so drunk she stormed the stage and fell flat on her face! In fact one night we met a great group from russia none of us knew what the others were saying but we had fun.

This hotel was one of the friendliest we have stayed in the people really do go out of their way for you. Ahmed and mohammed on guest relations, the bar staff and waiters and of course the mental entertainment team. We also met some lovely brits who we kept in touch with. I would go again for some winter sun it sure beats the uk for sun shine.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Lulu1982

Many thanks for your review and recommendation. We are delighted that you had a wonderful holiday with us. Our staff will be very happy to know that they contributed to making your holiday so memorable. We’re looking forward to seeing you – and perhaps more of your family – next year! Best wishes from the Hauza Team

Reviewed March 25, 2013

we were asked to pay more for our daughter in which they have recorded the wrong birthday date
our passports were withheld because it was agreed it was the booking agent and the hotels fault
the food was digusting and cold
the reception staff and management were surly and unkind
the drinks were very poor for all inclusive
the one across the road was closed due to poor attendance so we were not offered the mandarin

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family