“Friendliest hotel, manage your expectations!”
Review of Hauza Beach Resort

Hauza Beach Resort
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my parents here for some winter sun. If I am honest we got off to a shaky start my parents have been to sharm before and expected a slightly more luxurious place. We stayed at the Mandarin and one of the rooms had a strange smell which turned out to be because they spray all the rooms for bugs. The guest relations guy Ahmed came to sort it out and in all credit to him he sorted it out straight away and went out of his way to make us happy. The rooms are very spacious and the cleaners do their best to impress with various towel animals.

The mandarin has a large pool and mohammed on the pool bar is lovely a real gentleman and nice to chat to while having a pre drink before dinner.

I personally liked the food there wasn't a huge amount of choice but this worked in the hotels favour as the food that was available was fresh, hot and tasty. I think if your a fussy eater you would find it harder but there was always freshly baked breads and some grilled meat and stone baked pizza on the beach at lunch time. No one in our party got ill or anyone else we talked to which is good for egypt!!

Mohammed in the restaurant was lovely he reserved us a table and put flowers on it and remembered our drink order. It wasn't because we tipped but because we were friendly, polite and smiled. The staff here are so friendly and if you just treat them like fellow human beings you will get a lot back! The way some people behaved and spoke to the staff was really bad but they always remained professional and gave good service which i wouldn't have done in their place.
Definately go to the indian it was lovely and the british mixer cocktail party was good to.

The drinks were actually really nice we bought some spirits in duty free as we werent sure on the quality of all inclusive booze but we were pleasantly surprised. If you asked for a cocktail 9 times out of 10 it was nice. If the bar was quiet the bar men would bring more over even if you didnt ask. Again just from treating people how you want to be treated.

The hauza has two pools and beaches one with entertainment and a quieter one.
The entertainment! Well what can i say!
They work extremely hard and all have a heart of gold. There is quite a lot of shouting (monkey) and messing around but they do try and there is always something to do. Jimmy gave us a lot of laughs maybe for the wrong reasons, oscar's michael jackson show is amazing and definately worth a watch, gioanna sorry giovani was our beach favourite, ciara and danielli were awesome and danielli looked better in a dress than i do. There is a russian guy who looks like joey essex and is a really good ballet/contemporary dancer to. If you want some quiet just choose where you sunbathe.

The snorkelling is incredible and your lucky enough to have a little bay to paddle in where you can see a lot of fish if you don't feel confident in deeper sea. I would definately recommend having a massage to.

We ventured out to town we didnt really have to and we were quite happy at the hotel but we went to the hard rock one night and to the three crowns. We flagged a taxi and paid £2 each way.

The russians we didnt really have any problems with. A couple of them cut in on the good queues but we tended to go to dinner after 7.30 to avoid the rush so it wasnt really that busy and the chefs always made it upto you giving you double servings if this happened. They were good entertainment we saw a few domestics and during the michael jackson show one woman was so drunk she stormed the stage and fell flat on her face! In fact one night we met a great group from russia none of us knew what the others were saying but we had fun.

This hotel was one of the friendliest we have stayed in the people really do go out of their way for you. Ahmed and mohammed on guest relations, the bar staff and waiters and of course the mental entertainment team. We also met some lovely brits who we kept in touch with. I would go again for some winter sun it sure beats the uk for sun shine.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Lulu1982
BasselEnab, Guest Relations Manager at Hauza Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Many thanks for your review and recommendation. We are delighted that you had a wonderful holiday with us. Our staff will be very happy to know that they contributed to making your holiday so memorable. We’re looking forward to seeing you – and perhaps more of your family – next year! Best wishes from the Hauza Team

There are newer reviews for Hauza Beach Resort

Reviewed March 25, 2013

we were asked to pay more for our daughter in which they have recorded the wrong birthday date
our passports were withheld because it was agreed it was the booking agent and the hotels fault
the food was digusting and cold
the reception staff and management were surly and unkind
the drinks were very poor for all inclusive
the one across the road was closed due to poor attendance so we were not offered the mandarin

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Ok.. so myself and my partner just returned from 10 nights at this hotel, The hotel itself is not bad at all.. Nice sites, Nice views, Nice pool and nice weather.. Thats about all good i have to say!

The food is undoubtably disgusting!! as i expected to be honest reading the reviews,

The entertainment was shocking! i wasn't expecting West end productions.. but come on!? all they did was hang around by the pool and flirt with the women!

The alcohol..? what alcohol? you mean the glass of water with a shot of beer??

The russians!!! i don't think what i want to say about the russians is suitable to write in words..!
Rude rude people!! who don’t believe in queue’s or manners, i was fighting for food and alcohol as they literally push you out of the way!

But on the other hand they were very entertaining when we watched them ruin the flower gardens falling over at 10am every morning in their drunken state! we even found a male in the females bathroom stark naked at 11am.. he started drinking at 9am… 2 hours and he’s already naked in the females toilets passed out! We also witnessed another female russian try and fight every table outside as we were drinking one evening, then turned on her husband.. who ended up pushing her in the pool! that was better entertainment that what the hotel had running!

The rooms.. we couldn't shower for 4 days! we had no water..! we rang everyday to see when our water was going to be turned back on and the manager kept saying, he cant do anything, on the 4th day when we said this is unacceptable! we demanded a room with water or turn our water back on, he said no… and sent us a mini bottle of water to brush our teeth! wow.. thanks!
Also to add to my fury they were working on the water pipes which just happened to be right outside our door, from 2am in the morning until 6am in the morning! it sounded like they were drilling through our door!

From day one we had been trying to book into one of the A la cart restaurants which you can go to for free one time on your visit, we were constantly told by the Guest relations guy, an English guy who claimed he was half egyptian (Ahmed) to come back tomorrow…come back tomorrow.. thats all he told us, by our 8th day we were a little annoyed as he then said to us 'oh its booked up now until the 24th of march' (interesting as we left on the 21st) ok so we walked away disappointed to find that two separate couples that had just arrived that we had made friends with went to this Ahmed hours later and he booked them both straight in!!?? hang on i thought you were fully booked?? we complained to the guest relations manager who then got us booked in the restaurant.. (to which when we arrived there was 3 tables in there the whole night… fully booked ey??)

BUT thats not it.. Ahmed didn't like that i’d complained about him and he had the audacity to come up to myself at my dinner table.. while my boyfriend was getting food, and shout at me in front of all the other guests for complaining about him!! telling me I'm in the wrong and I'm obnoxious!?
I said to him if you don't mind id like to eat my dinner in peace without being shouted at.. by a member of staff!!?? but no he just wanted to embarrass me more and kept shouting at me, i told him i didn't like his hostility and attitude he replied with ‘’this isn't hostility.. you would no about it if it was’’ wow what a friendly guest relations representative!

By this point i was done complaining, the manager wasn't bothered whatsoever! The reception staff were rude!! and very unhelpful!

Dont use the taxi services in the hotel!! we booked a return to naama bay paid upfront, they got us there an hour late… but forgot to pick us up!! so we were stranded for an hour until we paid again for another taxi to take us home!

Also Use the safe as our room steward nicked my cigarets! and Money went missing from my draw! not a lot, 60 pounds to be exact but still money is money!

when we were leaving the hotel on our last day, we checked out at 12, and put our luggage in the reception, we were told on our first day by our rep that we were aloud to still use the facilities, eat and drink until we left for our flight at 6pm, so off we went to lunch at 12.30 to find the food and beverage manager and my ‘friend’ Ahmed march on over and physically try and snatch our plates out of our hand telling us we've checked out were not allowed to eat!!?? by this point it was our last day and they were still trying to ruin it for us! I'm not one to kick off but boy did i kick off! (still it got me nowhere though as they just did not care!) luckily the other couple we were with had witnessed there behaviour throughout the week, and they were still staying at the hotel, and they told the manager were to go and leave us to eat in piece! after all id paid for that day in my package! we were entitled to eat!

The best part of my holiday is as we were skipping out of the door to leave for the airport, the manager stopped us and said ‘did you enjoy your stay here at the Hauza’ ..?? to which we replied ‘’HELL NO!’ his ending words to us were ‘’ ohh well the worlds not perfect’’!

This comment is especially for the women, the Egyptian men have no respect for women whatsoever! outside or inside the hotel! it was very scary outside the hotel, throwing comments as I'm walking with my boyfriend, and hands wandering to far when helping me onto a camel!.. they were very disrespectful! even in the hotel, the reception would ignore me and laugh when i asked a question, as soon as my boyfriend went up, they listened to him! i felt like i was in a different race! and was not a very nice feeling!

To me that just says it all! Book at your own risk, but my opinion its not worth it! theres so many more nice hotels right next door and all over the area! stay away from this one...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stephanie h
Reviewed March 21, 2013

i just wanna say that trip was the most amazing trip i have done in ma life and hauza beach resort one of the most amazing hotels i have been to . first i wanna thank all the stuff they were so lovely to me and my girlfriend so friendly so social so kindly , food was fantastic drinks were so lovelly everything was brilliant . very big thanks to the genral manager hes awesome man . now i will start about the animation team, the best two guys ever they are dj shika and tito honestly i have not seen perfect guys like that , they are awesome but the rest are so bad especially the animation team boss , his name is belal hes so bad boss ,he just care about the money and take all the guest to the clubs ,he treats his team so bad ,pushing them just for selling disco tickets to the guest and if u didnt sell any u get punishment so hard , so what does it mean animation team !! i think as fast as the genral manager can kick out this team because they bring avery bad feed back about the hotel , but really its afantastic hotel but aanimation should not be there , thank you so much for this lovely vecation

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A great week spend in the sun at Hausa, well we actually stayed in the Mandarin across the road but part of the same hotel. The Hotel is fairly quiet (Good News) due to unrest in the north but this unjustified as Sharm is very safe so all to our advantages as in the Mandarin we almost had the pool area to ourselves, never have to queue at the pool bar and pool spotless a tad cold compared with the red sea but when it’s that hot no problem as long as you don’t linger at the edge!
If you follow a few golden rules you can have a very special holiday, first and foremost tipping, my grandfather explained to me that to get the best service in a restaurants the best time to tip the waiter is before the meal. Its the same here people work very hard and long hours for very little compared with us, if I said to you for the price of a couple of drinks at home (£5/£6) you could have a table reserved for you, fresh flowers on it for you and your remembered drink or drinks of choice waiting for you and watch out any Russian who dares to sit there before you have eaten Yes there are lots of Russians there but they tend not to tip and waste huge amounts of food which the waiters naturally dislike. So on dining my advice would walk into the restaurant, straight down the steps and turn left this is where the 2 Mohammed work, Mo wear’s a white shirt and the other yellow with fish on which means the other Mo is his manager, you then have the restaurant manager a big (but ok) Guy who works out. Don’t tip all just the ones that look after you, this must include your cleaner/bed maker. Again the first opportunity tip, we then had swans, cros etc made daily, water and juice put in fridge they even folded up my shirts. People who carry your bags to and from your room in my opinion should get a couple of £1 coins only you will never see them again.. People complain about the disposable glasses but buy the barman a “drink” and in the lobby bar you will get real glass and large measures if you want them, the pool bar the same but you will always get a rigid plastic glass. Hang on to it and take to the beach bar etc..
Adam International promotes his Salon offering Shaves for guys and nails eyebrows etc for ladies, if you have never had a wet shave have one its a very enjoyable experience but negotiate the price with Adam and mention ‘James Smith’ and he assures me he will give you another 20%! The Salon is spotless and new razor blade every time in fact they use 3 per shave. Jo said the pedicure was great along with the massage she booked separately with the spa, you can get them down to £30 for a full 90 min massage and steam etc not quite sure what happened but she came out glowing and in good spirits  After a couple of days tipped the waiters again a couple of beers (UK Value) each and next we get fruit bowl in our room, fresh flowers and more go and find out for yourselves but remember the golden rules......
Enjoy

Best wishes

James

Ps Nannie sell trips, same as the reps no cheaper but the money stays local, didn’t go on a trip with him but we chatted about Egypt, their government the uprising and even fundamentalists. Nannie has been to Uni and is a qualified M&E Engineer but no work in that line so to feed the family he sells trips support him and don’t be bullied into buying from the rep at your first morning meeting..

Room Tip: Ground Floor opens onto the Pool area, very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank James770001
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is about 14th visit to the Hauza, stayed at the Mandarin, across the road form the main hotel. Lovely and quiet, new facilities, enjoyed are stay yet again! The Hauza is a lovely relaxing hotel,staff are friendly and helpful, beach is beautiful, (2 big pools in main hotel and 1 in Mandarin, if you prefer the pool area), rooms are cleaned every day. Stayed at posh hotels in Sharm before, however they are to pretentious for us, much prefer the relaxed style of the Hauza. Don't take any notice of the negative views, give the Hauza a chance and you will enjoy the experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AlanandRoz
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned on Tuesday from the Hauza our fifth time here had a great time all the staff brilliant as always animation team were all great kept us all amused not as busy this time of year but excellent value for money .rooms always cleaned everyday .beach is brill some nice pools of water on beach to swim in snorkelling of the jetty is amazing.food in restaurant fine always something been freshly cooked love the omelettes at breakfast and the lovely fresh baked bread.ok it might not be a five star but it ticks all the boxes for a hotel I've stayed in hotels in sharm that are double what I've paid here but they can't beat the Hauza for a great break away from the cold English weather. There's two English bars just down the road if you want to go out for a lovely brittish meal had a steak in union jack bar and one in three crowns both superb.there's eriks bar next to the mandarin sister hotel just across the road spent two great nights there watching live football.will be returning for 2 weeks in September roll on. Take no notice of bad reviews some people are so fussy thanks again to all the staff for a super time looking forward to seeing you all again soon

Room Tip: Rooms 2003 to 2009 next to pool close to pool bar and restaurant can also see the sea
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bradders333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh ...
#18 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rehana Royal Prestige Resort & Spa
Palmyra Resort
Palmyra Resort
#27 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Hauza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!