“Family Holiday”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
england
“Family Holiday”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Bit late writing this review as it was April last year when we stayed but are looking to go again this year. Stayed in a few different hotels in Sharm over last 5 years and have to say enjoyed this one the most. Food was cooked fresh and with flavour. Staff were helpful and friendly, and the pool lads very funny(even my grumpy dad was laughing with them). My uncle tripped over a loose stone on the path and the chef sent him a lovely plate of fruit whilst he was laid up by the pool. Rooms were all near each other and in easy walking access to bar pool, beach and restaurants. surrounding gardens were well maintained and most of all wine was drinkable. If all the family can get the same time off this year we will be there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Anwar H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear red0774,

Thank you for your loyalty to Radisson Blu, Our biggest challenge is to “Make It Right” and, our goal is to make our guests, repeat guests and 100% satisfied. It is very gratifying for the Radisson Blu family to read throughout your comments and see that we reach our goal!

It gives me great pleasure to tell you that we can’t wait to have you back to our own tradition of warm hospitality.

Until then, kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Anwar Hawary, Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

23/12/2013 - 05/01/2014, Overall the Hotel is lovely. Just looks like it could do with a little bit of TLC to get it back up to 5*. The best thing about the Hotel is the staff, they are so friendly and helpful it is unbelievable. We had Eid round the pool, who would notice when your drink was empty and quickly bring you over another, never having to move from your comatose state on the sunbed! Ahmed in the restaurant, who also could not do enough for you, and said some lovely things, that I am sure he says to all families, such as 'I hope this year brings you and your lovely family all the happiness' but it was nice that he had learnt that and was making every effort possible. Hamdy, in the reception bar, knew your name from day 1 and also what drinks you would order, and also made sure that you where never without. The grounds are magnificent, maintained daily, and have never seen anything like it. The food was average, and after two weeks got very boring. I stuck with the pasta station as they cooked it all fresh in front of you and was very tasty. When we fancied a change, we would pop over the road to the union Jack, which is run by an English man, and does real English food at reasonable prices, very nice it is too, also has the football on with English commentary. The down sides, these are not major, the only thing that put me off the Hotel, is the Russian's, which is not the hotels fault at all, but they were so rude, so it seemed as though all of the English tried to stick together. On New Year’s Eve, they stopped the dance music and played the Russian National anthem, which all the Russians got very teary with and stood with hand on heart. Thought it was a bit strange, as there were lots of other nationalities there too. We also had an ongoing joke with the waiters about Russian crisps, as whenever any English asked for a small bowl of crisps to accompany their evening drinks, they didn't have any, but they were always readily available for the Russians, so we used to ask if we could have some Russian crisps :) It seemed as though the Egyptians were very wary of them, intimidated in a way, and did not want to upset them! The hotel has two pool tables, which are a bit dirty, and the pool cues do not have any tips. There are two table tennis tables near the pool, but the bats are falling apart, and when we wanted to play doubles, we couldn't as they only had 4 bats, enough for both tables. There is a pool by the beach, which is quite small, so warmed nicely and had a nice swim in there, but you have to walk a couple of minutes to get a drink from the beach bar, and then they are served in small disposable plastic cups, so they do not last very long. Also the drinks, beer, coke, water, are just left on the side, with the lids off, so the drinks are flat and warm, so we decided to go back to lying around the main pool, with Eid. The main pool is huge, so doesn't warm up! On the last day I bit the bullet and dove in, I now know how Bear Grylls feels, swimming round my body started to go numb. Maybe it could be heated in the winter months, just to take edge off of it. There was the spa pool, that was heated, but this was usually full of kids splashing around, and I wasn't there for that. On Christmas Eve you could pay an additional fee to have a Christmas meal in the conference room, it believes it was around £40 each. I wish I hadn't of paid this and just stuck to the buffet, as it was basically the same food. If you like seafood you were on for a winner though, as the display was amazing, we had a Russian couple at our table, (who do not celebrate Christmas until the 6th of Jan) they didn't want to make any eye contact with the rest of the table 8, and when you smiled at them, they just looked away. While you were eating, you were deafened by Stefanie, the international singer, oh my god, she was terrible, think of the bad bits of the X factor and she could star. She was attempting to sing popular songs, but we were trying to guess what they were as they were so bad. We then watched spinning man (for the 3rd time in our 4 nights of being there) who very good, but not every night. The Belly Dancer came on, which the men enjoyed, one in particular :) then the animation team did there bit, 5* entertainment they are run by, 5* they are not. I am actually thinking of applying for a job with them, as too me it seems like they basically get paid to do nothing, and when they finish at around 11pm, they go out clubbing until all hours of the morning. The women look dirty and in need of a good wash, all though friendly. After seeing them I do not ever want to hear Men in Black, Mambo No5 or River dance ever again, as I think this 'dance' routine was done daily. After this we were told that the lovely Stefanie was coming back on, there were boo's and people walked out, including myself as I don't think that my ears could have taken it. We went to the Spa and got booked in for 2 massages for a special rate of £60, after the 1st massage, I told them that I didn't want the 2nd and asked I received £20 back. The massage was not up to English standards and not relaxing. They did not close the door, they spoke the whole way through, I could hear the person next door asking for a tissue and then trying to explain what one was. She climbed on the bed to do my back, but kept moving the bed, and not gently either. Also when they were talking in Egyptian, and laughing, it made me feel very paranoid and tense. The wi-fi connection was tempremental, but can nt complain as at least you got it and at no extra cost. My key card to the room didn’t work a couple of times, but again, think this was my fault as kept next to my phone which may have de-activated it.
New Year’s eve the Hotel spent days erecting canopies and getting ready for the festivities, we was all looking forward to it as so much effort had been put in, again the food that was done was amazing, and a good display, they all worked so hard. In reception they had made a stage area, but the entertainment could have been better, close to midnight, we were called by the animation team to go outside for the fireworks display and countdown. They couldn’t get the countdown correct and we ended up outside at 11.55pm, people were bring out chairs as none had been provided, ready for the firework display. We did the countdown at about 11.58, they the let off one lame firework and that was it, I think we were all in a state of shock. But it did mean we got to watch the fireworks display by the hotel next door which was better.
We payed £20 return for a cab to Naama Bay, and 5 minutes down the road you have a TGI Fridays, Hard Rock Cafe, McDOnalds and KFC, with a couple of bars.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Anwar H, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Carly A,

I would like to sincerely thanking you for taking the time to share your experience about your Christmas & New Year stay at Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El-Sheikh. Thank you for mentioning our nice, helpful staff by the pool area, beach and restaurant.
The issues that you brought to our attention are important to us and are being addressed, so that we can make adjustments accordingly and guarantee the best experience for our future guests. I do hope you will honor us a return visit to our property and allow us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made by delivering the usual high standards that you deserve and should rightfully expect.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Rooms Division Manager
anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just come home from Christmas and new year at Radisson Blu . Nice big clean hotel staff very helpful but I would not suggest it was 5 star ! I have been in 2 star hotels that had the same good service and cleanliness , and the standard of food was much better , the food at Radisson is a selection of seafood, meat, vegetables rice and salads , which after two weeks became very repetitive and not that good if your a 5 star !!!! there was a italian restaurant but that was just crap ! the other restaurants advertised on site were closed due to lack of customers I was told , it was very quiet apart from the Russians !!! if you are russian then you would be very at home .
The so called fruit juice was uht watered down muck , not very nice and the poached eggs at breakfast looked like they had been used by Andy Murry to practice tennis !!!!!
Entertainment ? well Christmas eve we had a Russian singer or should I say out of tune screamer !! then the animation team hmmmm ! river dance , moon walking ect every night , the best bit was the man in the tent dancing around and around but after seeing it twice it became to much , then we have the belly dancing , that was quite good and I will leave lt at that due to reasons that would be clear if you had been there on Christmas eve !!!!! yes it was me !
I am glad there was a dive centre on site so we could escape because the large pool was thar cold you could not use it the spar pool was warm but small not very deep , mainly used for Russian heavy petting !!! and the so call Jacuzzi , well you could produce more bubbles from eating the eggs at breakfast , then a paddling pool near the beach also cold . beach was nice as a beach should be and the swimming off the jetty was quite good . But if all you required is to swim in the pool lie on a sun chair and drink cheap nasty local drinks then would almost fit the bill , as there is nothing else to offer , if you go outside it is like a large building site with the odd shop of crap and loads of filthy rubbish all over the plaice , and as soon as you set foot in front of the shops you are hassled till you give in and buy something to shut them up .
All round holiday was ok but will not be going back ,I could have had a lot better for cheaper elsewhere .

Room Tip: If you want to go diving or snorkelling go to Coral divers down by the beach bar , they are vey help...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Graham S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My friend and I decided to go away for Christmas and New Year for the first time this year and were lucky to have chosen the Radisson Blu for our stay. From day one we were treated as vips and all the staff were so attentive and friendly. Our twin room was very clean and well equipped and the beds were ultra comfortable with fresh towels and bedding every day. Most impressive were the wonderful gardens they really are beautiful with winding paths down to the beach. After a visit to the breakfast buffet which had something for everyone including freshly cooked omelettes,waffles and pancakes we made our way to the lovely beach. One of the recreation team, Mahmoud kept the same beds for us every day with a windbreak with our towels ready for us. There is volleyball and yoga available on the beach - we didn't do either and obviously snorkelling at the end of the pier which we did do. So after an exhausting morning of reading, sunbathing and looking at the gorgeous view, we would wander up to the main restaurant for a spot of lunch - 'right today I'm just going to have a bit of salad' - alas the array of delicious food soon put that idea out of our heads and we often had a full meal as it was always so tempting and with the drinkable house wine over ice this set us up for our next activity of laying by the absolutely beautiful pool. Usually the minute we sat on our sunloungers Eid the waiter would be over to serve us drinks. What seemed like minutes later he would be asking if we wanted another - it was hard to refuse. Sometimes, after our exhausting day had caught up with us, and we had drifted into a sunny slumber, we would wake up to find our drinks replenished. The buffet at dinner time was just as varied and we were served at all our meals in Olivos by Mohammed[ Nassef] who was so friendly and funny and attentive.

After dinner we would go up to the Lobby bar to use the Wifi and for a drink or two - we didnt get involved with the entertainment too much so cannot give a genuine opinion, but there was always something different every night. Hamdy was our very friendly and efficient waiter there. He was smiling and knew our names from day one and always ready for a photo opportunity.

Christmas - the outside and lobby area was lit up with lights and decorations and on Christmas we had an invite only to the Gala dinner which we can honestly say was the most spectacular buffet ever seen with amazing attention to detail and variety. Sushi, seafood, and every starter you could imagine followed by roast turkey or salmon or beef with an array of vegetables with a 100 desserts on offer.

New Year's Eve - the dinner surpassed even the Christmas Eve buffet with an even more variety of choices. The preparaion for the party went on for five days prior with again amazing attention to detail. The only disappointment of the night was a rather confusing countdown which didn't seem to happen!

All in all we had a most enjoyable holiday and would definitely recommend this hotel as a relaxing break. From the gardener upwards through to the General Manager, all the staff were so friendly and greeted us at every opportunity. We want to go back asap!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Judy B
WATFORD
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I came here on the 27th of December alone for new year and all I can say about this hotel is a home from home! From the minute I got there I was looked after all the staff were hard working friendly and professional! The new year gala dinner was lovely the effort put in and the detail of the displays were another world. Every day mahmoud from recreation on the lovely beachfound me a bed a table and ashtray the bar staff in the lobby and beach bar were friendly and made me some wicked cocktails ;)
My room was cleaned daily to a good standard with designs on my bed
The animation team romka, ali,shelly, natalie were amazing and their new year show was wicked they practiced every day and it paid off !

The only slight downside to the hotel is the choice of food at the buffet but I did only eat dinner so I cant really comment to much on this . All in all a great stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel! :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MERMAID1231
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This was the first time that we looked to go abroad over the festive period, and we did not regret it! The weather was excellent during our 10 day holiday, with sunshine every day and temperatures around 23-24 degrees.

The staff at the hotel were excellent, both before we arrived, and during our stay. They were helpful in providing us answers to any questions before we arrived, from 'Do we need beach towels?' (you don't-these are provided daily) to providing transport to the hotel on our arrival. Whilst there we had our rooms cleaned every day, and our teenage sons had theirs tidied, too!

The food was very good, with an abundance of choice every meal, with a buffet-style restaurant. The food on Christmas Eve was outstanding (we paid extra for the gala dinner.) At each meal food was cooked freshly, but you need to be aware of this as it is done away from the main buffet area, and we didn't realize initially. There is also food available around the pool from 10 til 4.

The hotel has its own sandy beach with volleyball, football, obligatory bar and jetty which allows for snorkeling at the reef. We also made use of the tennis courts (there are three.)

The pool was not heated, which was the only downside for us, but the sea was warm, so this compensated. The small spa pool was, and the boys made use of this. The spa is next to the Wellness Center, which gives excellent massages, has a small qym and offers beauty treatments. The staff at the pool bar ensure that you always have a drink, and are there until 10 each night.

Overall, an excellent holiday and well worth missing the grim short days in the UK for! The all-inclusive deal is worth every penny.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nisamajo
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Excellent stay. We had just 4 days. Staff very friendly and helpful, some had limited English but this was no problem. Food was good generally but rather repetitive, well presented but not top quality, lots of eggs, fruit, yoghurt etc.
There was a problem with door to our room, after two attempts the concierge arranged a different room, this turned out to be a smoking twin, when we had booked non-smoking double! We could have complained but were too tired, the room was quite suitable.
There was little to do in the evenings, not much entertainment, and no where to walk outside the hotel, unless you like being pestered continually by taxi's and salesmen.
Don't forget to take dollar bills or similar for small tips.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DavidBK
Dear DavidBK,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Sharm EL-Sheikh Resort. We do take in consideration all our guest comments. By reading your comments, we realize we may have failed meeting some of your expectations and we want to apologize for this. Thank you for the positive comments about the staff.On another hand, we pay attention to your comments about the food and the entertainment. Rest assurance that our main aim is to exceed our guest expectation. we took many attentions to the room door issue and it has already been debated with the department concerned.
Once again thank you for giving us your feedback as this is really important to us to improve our guest service and again please accept my sincere apologies for not having meeting all of your expectations.

Anwar Hawary, Rooms Division Manager
anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#58 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#71 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!