“Nice quiet hotel but with some Egyptian "buts"”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Kiev, Ukraine
“Nice quiet hotel but with some Egyptian "buts"”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

1. Check in. We arrived early so we had to wait for a few hours till we could get in our rooms, but we were given all the info needed, all the food we wanted, all the help we might need. So it wasn't much of an inconvenience.
2. Stay. For older couples this is a great place with a quiet feel. That was a big plus. The minus though was that both on the beach and by the pool the animation team thought that it was cool to play disco music really loud all day. They thought that it would greatly entertain, but with poor speakers the sound was sometimes horrible, that really annoyed at times.
3. Food. Awesome, diverse, labels on everything (although translations are sometimes hilarious).
4. Drinks. Water, orange, mango, and apple juice, tea, coffee, cappuccino, and cheap and disgusting white and red wine. I didn't try any other alcohol so I can't say more.
5. Services. Billiards, darts, volleyball - free. Hookah - $3, well worth it! :-) Photos - the local guy would follow you around and take some nice pics of you with a good Nikon camera (D7000 if I recollect correctly). Some of those pics might come out really nice but you're gonna have to pay like $4 for the smalls print (1 piece), and then like $7, $10, $14, etc.
6. Staff. Efficient, quiet. Room service was a bit intrusive though. The guy was very eager to go to the room to clean it (more like to get his $1), and would come when we were still there, and even after we said we needed the room, he would wait nearby and ring in 5 minutes again. And the cleaning wasn't that thorough. A couple times he would forget to give us a towel for the second person, and sometimes the floor wasn't that clean at all.
7. Animation team. Young, fun, trying their best but I can't say they were exceptional. The best thing was morning and afternoon workouts, that was a really nice help in staying in shape.
8. Beach. Clean. Although you do need special shoes because even walking on the beach you have to be careful because little rocks in the sand are sharp, annoying and very unpleasant. Also, if you like volleyball as I do, really be sure to have shoes, as diving for a ball on the sand with little rocks is no fun - I cut the foot, so did a few other people. Ugh.
9. Excursions. Don't buy excursions at the hotel. Even if you go across the street, you can find smaller offices and get the same thing for less.
10. Travellers. MANY Russians, if you know what I mean. That was unfortunate, as they were often drunk and loud. Although, if you don't hang out at the bar or reception (where the wi-fi is), you won't be bothered by them. Also, there were some people from England, Italy, Israel, and Egypt.
11. Oops. On the last but one day they turned off the hot water in our room. I understand that we're gonna leave tomorrow, but come on, don't be petty Radisson! Also, the water in the pool (the only pool basically, I'm not counting little pool-puddles for kids) had the coldest water imaginable! They didn't warm it at all! After talking to some people in staff, I found out that the management would heat it up closer to Xmas dates, and until then they don't bother heating the pool. I know. Seriously.
12. Overall experience. I really like my stay. I know I've talked about many negative sides here, but honestly, this hotel is a great deal for the price. I don't regret it and would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the campus where there are no Russians. Rooms are going from the main campus (clo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Chihiro L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Myself and my lovely lady stayed here for a week in November. The weather was lovely, hitting temperatures of 32 degrees. Based in Nabq bay, the hotel sits beatifully on the Red Sea with access to the reef by means of a jetty. This time of year you have to expect rough seas though! The room was very nice, I only wish they would go round and touch up the paint, plaster and silicone round the bath/shower every now and then, it would make a massive difference. The pool was very well. Kept, if not very cold for the time of year. The food...well, not the best, very repetitive and a little boring really. The kitchens seem to use the cheapest meat cuts going! The staff are very are amenable and friendly. Over all, nice place, food needs to improve and a little face lift would do it proud.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurnished room with partition window!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pfadave
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great hospitality , great staff, excellent hygiene,luxury rooms,nice pool,Also the view was awesome ,actually we usually like to change places but at sharm we would be always be a guests at radisson blu hotel. Everything was great,Thx Radisson team wish we come back soon.;)

Room Tip: Pick a sea and pool view room but also not far from the restaurants .;)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Demo_eg2000
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've been following reviews of this hotel for months before I actually arrived there, so I'll try to cover everything in this review to help people know what to expect of this brilliant resort.

1. Location:
This lovely resort is located at Nabq Bay, or as locals name it, "Al Gharqana". It is right after Nubian Village. It is about 15-20 minutes ride from the airport. Right in front of the resort, you can find a bazaar, supermarkets, pharmacy, diving gear, Bedouin hand crafts, etc.

2. The Reception:
As soon as we arrived, we have been met by a very friendly receptionist, welcome drink was served to us. Our room was ready in a couple of minutes. When we wanted to go to Na'maa Bay on Sunday night, part of our deluxe room package was a free transportation to Na'amaa, we happened to be the only guests going there this day, so they provided us with a private car, excellent customer service!

3. The Room:
We have booked the deluxe room 7184. It differs from marine club rooms that it is directly located on the beach. The view from the terrace is just wonderful, especially the view of the sun rising behind the mountains of Tiran Island! We were offered to be transported to our room via club car, which was a good idea, especially in the evening when we get sleepy. Our room was spacious, kept clean everyday, with the house keeper making artistic shapes of animals with towels for us, he even left many toys for our baby to play with, very lovely! The room contained a safe which we used to keep our valuables, a mini-bar to be used at a charge (we did not use it), a coffee station, refilled everyday with coffee bags, tea bags, sugar, creamer and a kettle. A free 1.5 L bottle of mineral water was also provided free of charge everyday. Toiletries were introduced daily, with a free dental kit and shaving kit, and a couple of bathroom slippers. We got fresh clean towels everyday! Brilliant!

4. One Touch Service:
I used the one-touch-service button in the phone to set wake-up call, and it was on time. However, when I used it to ask for ironing table, ,I kept waiting for it and it never came!

5. The Pools:
The resort has a large pool, kids pool, marine pool (close to the beach) and the Jacuzzi (indoors). The first day I arrived, I was shocked to find that none of these pools were heated, and the water was freezing cold. I made a complaint about it and talked to Mr. Mustafa, Recreation Manager telling him that we could not use these pools especially we had an infant and she would never be able to bear the coldness, he met me with a polite friendly smile and listened carefully to my complain and he promised that the next day, the Jacuzzi and the marine pool would be warm at 11:00 AM. Only half this promise turned out to be true, the next day, we found the Jacuzzi water warm, but the marine pool was never heated, they said it had a technical problem with the heaters. I don't know whether this was true or they were just cutting on operation costs. The jacuzzi is very fun to stay in, with water jets helping you release all tension!

6. The Gym:
If you would like to use the gym, try to go before noon, as it gets very crowded in the evening, with two trade mills, only one operational and the other one needing a 'safety key' to operate. I did not see towels to be used in the gym unlike Radisson Blu Alexandria where there is always a supply of clean towels to be used. The gym was very warm, I don't know if there was a problem with the air conditioner or what. Other than that, it is equipped with a lot of devices and weights and is of decent size.

7. The bars:
The resort has many bars, two beach bars on both sides of the beach, one pool bar right in front of the main pool, and one at the lobby. I have tried only the pool bar and the lobby bar. The pool bar is your best choice if you become hungry in the middle of the day, serving snacks like beef and chicken sausages, french fries, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, Ice cream (help yourself, make your own cup of ice cream, very lovely), and an assort of cold and hot drinks, all part of all-inclusive package. The lobby bar offers drinks only till 12:00 midnight. If you run out of mineral water, you can get extra water from this bar, free of charge.
I must thank Hamdy at the lobby bar for providing us with exceptional service with a smile, even when our baby pulled the table and broke a ashtray, the stuff did not show any sign of irritation. He served us very tasty ice tea, mix of peach and lemon flavored ice-tea, out of this world!

8. The restaurants:
The resort has four restaurants, three a-la-cart and the main restaurant, Olivos which is located beneath the reception floor. We did not try any of the a-la-cart restaurants. I've been reading bad reviews about the food quality in Olivos a month ago, but when we went there, the quality was outstanding! Many varieties of salad is served, three live cooking stations, one inside the restaurant and two outdoors, main course is excellent.The outdoors tables are fabulous, as the inside is very warm, again a problem with air conditioner I think. They serve themed dinner every night like "A thousand spoons around the world", "English Dinner", "Arabian Dinner", etc. Coffee and tea are available during breakfast, dinner and lunch. Don't miss the donuts and french toast at breakfast! Watch the chef preparing omlettes with acrobatic movements!
Breakfast is served from 6:30 till 10:30 AM, lunch from 12:30 till 2:30 PM and dinner from 6:30 till 9:30 PM.

I would like to take this chance to thank Mohamed, the restaurant supervisor for being so caring and smiley. He is doing an excellent job ensuring everything is satisfying to the guests. The first day, we arrived for lunch late, and was angry because of the cold pool water, and I almost talked impolitely with him, but he was so patient and diffused my anger and made sure everything was fine to us. Thank you Mohamed!

The truly impressive one is Shaimaa or El-Shaimaa, supervisor at the restaurant. Now this young lady is the best asset to this resort. She is constantly doing an outstanding job in providing a seven stars service to people there. She offered to take care of our baby until I and my wife get our plates from the open buffet, and prepared a lunch box for our baby when she knew we were going on Safari. She's nice, talkative, respectful, greeted every guest with a sincere smile, really making them feel at home. If we are going to come here again, it will be because of Shaimaa. I have never seen someone dedicated to her job like she is. Many thanks to her for making our vacation an exceptional one. Thank you a lot, Shaimaa!

9. Animation:
We did not enjoy the animation activities much, most of it we found to be at the evening, dancing show, Mr. Hotel, Miss Hotel, Children Disco, etc. We did not see them doing water gymnastics or Yoga.

What we really enjoyed was the singer at the lobby bar at night, he had a beautiful voice, sang lovely oldies, that people could not help but dance to his voice..I did not catch his name, but he was super nice!

10. The Beach:
The beach layout is very beautiful, however the beach itself is rocky, only one spot contains less rocks, that is in front of the kids playground. I have used the Jetty for snorkeling and actually saw a lot of colorful, large sized fish everywhere around me, was very lovely!

11. Gardens and grounds:
The resort grounds are very lovely, with lots of flowers, bridges over water, very lovely. It is kept very clean and taken care of.

Overall, our stay was excellent, we enjoyed time, staff members are very smiley and polite, would definitely come back next time!

Room Tip: Front line room is an excellent choice if you are going to spend most of your time on the beach and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Karim_ElDeeb
Zaventem, Belgium
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I just come back from a 12 days stay at The Radisson Blu in Nabq Bay.
November is a fantastis period to stay there, the weather is just perfect, 30/35° the day, 20 ° the evening.
The water of the Red Sea is not cold and you can make 2 hours snorkeling without feeling
cold.
The Radisson is situated in Nabq Bay which is around 30 min by car from Naama Bay, this is a very quite area. You can go around with a Blue Bus or by taxi ( really not expensive )
Our room ( Marine room seafront ) was just near the beach, very spacious and beautiful!
The hotel has a fantastic and very vast main swimming pool and another smaller just near the beach.
The beach is very clean and safe for swimming.
All areas of the hotel are very clean and the staff work the whole day to keep the hotel super clean.
The staff is very attentive and always asking you " everything ok? may i help you ? do you need somethink ? this really give a high quality service to this hotel !
We had really a great stay
We thanks all the staff of the Radisson !

Room Tip: Marine rooms sea front are very quite and close to the beach but 10 min walking from the restaurant...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went to this hotel for a relaxing break. The staff are really great from the front desk at reception to the boys on the beach The food in the restaurant was really great, in fact you could not decide on what to have with two cooking stations at the outer restaurant and so much in the inner restaurant at Olive's with salads of all sorts, steak and even duck, and a whole tuna and it is freshly cooked in front of you. At the beach there is volley ball, football and a pier so you can see all the wonderful colourful fish, and even swim with them. There was a singer on the balcony a couple of nights a week and lots of entertainment at the amphitheatre. The gardens were beautiful. There were plenty of bars to visit. My room was cleaned daily, with a change of bedding and towels what else could you ask for. I will definitely be back for more. No need to worry the whole resort is very safe

Room Tip: ask to be on the sunny side, there you have the sun all day
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were not planning on visiting this country on our Middle East tour because of the political situation in Egypt. But, at the last minute, we changed our minds and decided to visit this important country. It was the right decision.
Sharm El Shiekh turned out to be very safe and has a lot to offer, especially if you enjoy the beach, the Red Sea, and water activities like snorkeling and diving (The second largest reef in the world, next to the Great Barrier reef in Australia, is located along the coast here.
This is a beautiful 5-star resort and the price was excellent. Breakfast and dinner had lots of variety.
I want to especially thank the front manager Mohammad. He went out of his way to help us plan our wonderful trip. Another manager, Ramy Abd El Munem, was also very helpful. The restaurant manager, Maher Mancy, was also very friendly and was at every meal to make sure the service was excellent and everything went very smoothly. We are very impressed by the whole team!
If we have the opportunity, we would like to go again. Thanks so much for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
#65 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#60 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#73 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!