1. Check in. We arrived early so we had to wait for a few hours till we could get in our rooms, but we were given all the info needed, all the food we wanted, all the help we might need. So it wasn't much of an inconvenience.
2. Stay. For older couples this is a great place with a quiet feel. That was a big plus. The minus though was that both on the beach and by the pool the animation team thought that it was cool to play disco music really loud all day. They thought that it would greatly entertain, but with poor speakers the sound was sometimes horrible, that really annoyed at times.
3. Food. Awesome, diverse, labels on everything (although translations are sometimes hilarious).
4. Drinks. Water, orange, mango, and apple juice, tea, coffee, cappuccino, and cheap and disgusting white and red wine. I didn't try any other alcohol so I can't say more.
5. Services. Billiards, darts, volleyball - free. Hookah - $3, well worth it! :-) Photos - the local guy would follow you around and take some nice pics of you with a good Nikon camera (D7000 if I recollect correctly). Some of those pics might come out really nice but you're gonna have to pay like $4 for the smalls print (1 piece), and then like $7, $10, $14, etc.
6. Staff. Efficient, quiet. Room service was a bit intrusive though. The guy was very eager to go to the room to clean it (more like to get his $1), and would come when we were still there, and even after we said we needed the room, he would wait nearby and ring in 5 minutes again. And the cleaning wasn't that thorough. A couple times he would forget to give us a towel for the second person, and sometimes the floor wasn't that clean at all.
7. Animation team. Young, fun, trying their best but I can't say they were exceptional. The best thing was morning and afternoon workouts, that was a really nice help in staying in shape.
8. Beach. Clean. Although you do need special shoes because even walking on the beach you have to be careful because little rocks in the sand are sharp, annoying and very unpleasant. Also, if you like volleyball as I do, really be sure to have shoes, as diving for a ball on the sand with little rocks is no fun - I cut the foot, so did a few other people. Ugh.
9. Excursions. Don't buy excursions at the hotel. Even if you go across the street, you can find smaller offices and get the same thing for less.
10. Travellers. MANY Russians, if you know what I mean. That was unfortunate, as they were often drunk and loud. Although, if you don't hang out at the bar or reception (where the wi-fi is), you won't be bothered by them. Also, there were some people from England, Italy, Israel, and Egypt.
11. Oops. On the last but one day they turned off the hot water in our room. I understand that we're gonna leave tomorrow, but come on, don't be petty Radisson! Also, the water in the pool (the only pool basically, I'm not counting little pool-puddles for kids) had the coldest water imaginable! They didn't warm it at all! After talking to some people in staff, I found out that the management would heat it up closer to Xmas dates, and until then they don't bother heating the pool. I know. Seriously.
12. Overall experience. I really like my stay. I know I've talked about many negative sides here, but honestly, this hotel is a great deal for the price. I don't regret it and would recommend it for sure.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Radisson
- Radisson Sas Sharm El Sheikh
- Radisson Sharm El-Sheikh
- Radisson Sas Egypt
- Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay