“Lovely hotel, shame about the restaurant food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Lovely hotel, shame about the restaurant food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel and loved it, it was beautiful. The staff especially Mostaffa and Khalil at the beach bar/restaurant were fantastic, best barstaff in sharm and I know I go twice a year to different hotels. The animation team were also fantastic especially on the beach, they will do any activities you suggest and are very friendly. The only let down is the food in the main buffet otherwise this would be the best hotel I have stayed in at sharm. The food in the Italian and seafood restaurants is beautiful but a shame you only get one visit peer week :-( . The beach is fantastic as are the pools and spa etc. I would definitely recommend to adults but for children, I know I would struggle to find them food in the buffet so possibly not the best place for them, I would recommend Tirana as this caters very well for kids. Thanks again Mostaffa had a great time

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anwar H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Jim D,

Thank you for taking the time for writing this great review on tripadvisor.

I am happy to learn that you took back with you a magnificent experience during your recent stay in Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El sheikh.

Our associate and I acknowledge your compliments on our services and facilities and we appreciate your precious comments very much. It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our beautiful resort and thank you for your recommendations towards Radisson Blu
We really regret, that our gastronomy offers in some areas could meet your expectations as our Chefs are always trying to fulfill our dear customers’ requirements by even preparing additionally individual dishes for our client’s needs to ensure their satisfaction.

We appreciate your patronage and looking forward to welcoming you and your partner back again!

Warmest Regards

Anwar Hawary, Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

me and my husband have been to sharm el sheikh afew times,but this hotel is brillent,it has two lardge swimming pools its own beach which is fab and spotless u just walk true the stunning gardens and your on it ,this hotel has to many great points to point out,we went on the 25 sep for one week but it wasent long enough,we will be booking again as soon as xmas is over .we met some great friends and the staff ware all brillent from the lad that cleaned our room,to the pool boy barmen and resturant staff.there is 3 resturants u might not like all the food but i promise u wont go hungery.so to sum it all up we love radisson blu and cant wait to go back.we stayed in roo 5252

Room Tip: room 5252 was lovely very big and well furnished it over looks pool gardens and beach so u cant go w...
2 Thank disapointed661
Dear disapointed66,

Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh Team Members are delighted to have provided an enjoyable stay to your party and you, and are certainly glad of your return in X-mas EVE.

I am thrilled to know that our staff provided you with outstanding service. I will be sure to acknowledge their outstanding customer service.

Once again, thank you for your impressive review and for staying with us here. We highly appreciate and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

we stayed between 21st sept to th 5th oct

beautiful hotel staff was really friendly and would go out there way to make sure you was having a good time, lots to do for families and couples, the food was a bit hit and miss as there is a few nationalities staying at the hotel so they try and cater for all, entertaiment staff were fantastic, especially buddah and anastasia who work really hard and we became very good friends with us, pratically made are holiday don't miss crazy aqua gym with anastasia and water volly with buddah so much fun,got to mention mostafa desha who works at the pool bar really friendly and waits on you hand and foot .... the spa is fantastic massages are the best you will ever have ... rooms are spacious and we had great towel art every day a great holiday are we will be re-booking excited to go back .

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank kelsey24nutty
Dear kelsey24nutty,

We are extremely pleased to read of your excellent comments which showcase the Employees' attention, the firs-rate cuisine, the outstanding animation team & spa of the property and much more. but we really regret, that our gastronomy offers in some areas could meet your expectations

We were praised to have your presence and look forward to your return at Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh next year.

Best Regards,

Cumbria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our party of 4 adults stayed at the Radisson Blu for 10 nights. The Reception staff greeted us warmly and our rooms (next to each other) were very spacious and extremely clean with huge bathrooms. With fewer guests holidaying in Egypt this year, it was pleasant as there was no queuing for meals or struggling for a sunbed at the pool. We were able to enjoy the resort and the atmosphere was really good with lots of British guests. The food was good and varied and 2 of our party are fussy eaters and even they enjoyed every mealtime. We got 2 vouchers for complimentary meals at the Italian restaurant. We only dined there once as it wasn't good. The second voucher went in the bin! The staff throughout the hotel were fantastic and the entertainment team did their very best to make everyone welcome and feel included which is difficult with low occupancy. Our only complaint was that we were left a bottle of water in our rooms on the first night but after that we had to keep asking for more. When we checked out we were charged for using the water they put in the mini bar and were told we should have replenished our supply from the reception bar. Same water, how ridiculous! I've holidayed in Egypt 5 times and this as never happened in any other hotel. The Diving Centre was good and my Partner went on several diving trips with them. They were able to arrange any excursions required and had very impressive equipment. There was a lack of drinks service around the pool area unless you continually tipped the waiter. We are accustomed to being brought regular drinks and then leaving a favourable tip at the end of our stay. Needless to say we chose sunbeds closer to the bar area! Overall we had a great 10 days at the Radisson and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are quite a walk away from main restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roma38
Dear Roma38,

What can I say, we continuously trained our Employees to listen and be attentive to their customers, and it seems that it is paying!

Thank you for sharing your superb comments and moreover, It makes us very happy, that you very enjoyed our facilities, service and gastronomy offers and with pleasure we will as well consider your valuable remarks.

We look forward welcoming you again and wish your loved ones and you an excellent upcoming festive season!

Kind regards,

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in room 7157 at the Radisson Blue from September 19th - 3rd October 2013 - all inclusive. It was our first trip to Egypt and we loved it. A restful hotel with peaceful gardens and water features, very relaxing. The food in Olivios buffet Restaurant where the all inclusive food was served was varied due to the different nationalities of the guests, so we enjoyed sampling the different types of cuisine, all well presented and tasty. The speciality station provide freshly cooked fish and meat at times and also pasta dishes. We very much enjoyed the snack lunches in the Trade Winds restaurant as we did not want a large meal at that time of day. A meal in Jeita the Lebanese restaurant was delicious as was our meal in the Trade Winds restaurant overlooking the sea in the cool of the evening.
We found all the staff helpful and friendly they always had a smile and a word for everyone which made us feel at home. We would like to say thank you to several different members of staff who made our stay memorable:-
Our room was looked after beautifully by Ahmed who dealt with a couple of small problems promptly. A lot of time was spent on the beach under the watchful eye of Mahmoud who was very helpful. Mustapha in Trade winds who waited on us and delivered drinks with a gentle smile and even tried to teach us to speak Arabic. All the staff in Olivios including the chefs but especially Salah who always managed to get a table ready for us complete with drinks, and Hafez Ahmed Gamal and Shariaa.
We enjoyed ourselves so much that we would definitely return.

3 Thank Malcolm220
Anwar H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Malcolm220,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh

We agree Trade winds Restaurant has an extraordinary beach views with quality staff. Thank you for mentioning our staff by name; it assists us in making sure that they are recognized for their quality service.

Your feedback on our facilities, service, staff and outlets has been appreciated.

At Radisson we want to exceed our guest expectations. We are happy to know we achieved this and you had a fabulous sunny Sharm holiday.

Best regards

south
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel mid September for 11 nights, it was our third trip to Egypt and it was definitely different this time with fewer guests which was kind of nice in a way as I think we probably met everybody else staying! I've seen quite a few reviewers I recognise already :-)

I'm going to start with the restaurant: The main gripe amongst people we met was the food, I personally had no problem with it. I found something to eat every day for every meal which not only stopped me going hungry but tasted nice! I have a fair few food allergies but the chefs are always around to tell you what ingredients are used in the sauces etc if you are not sure what anything is, on the rare occasion that everything available was going to make me ill they prepared something fresh for me and that was actually the most delicious meal of my holiday which made me very happy! The problem I think came down to variation of food but in my opinion it was fairly varied, yes there was a lot of rice, but every day it was a different flavour with different things in it. Yes, there was a lot of chicken, but in different sauces and everybody I met seemed to like chicken. There was always something being prepared or carved at the 'specials' stands to the side of the restaurant and many all inclusive hotels I've stayed in don't have this so I thought this was a very nice addition. The Egyptian theme night seemed to go down the best which is hardly surprising! Breakfast is always a tricky one for me as I can't have and dairy products which rules out pretty much everything except bread with no butter but I love the fact that in Egypt you always get various cold meats at breakfast, other Brits always say this is weird, I say this is genius - I don't see it as any weirder that sausage and bacon either.

I almost forgot to mention there was roast turkey being carved one day, I was in two minds as we all know how dry turkey can - it was the least dry turkey I have ever tasted. It was amazing!

The waiters in the restaurant are wonderful, they all knew which drinks we had which our meal and would have them ready for us as we would arrive at the same time each day, they even started to hold our table for us when they knew we would be coming which I thought was a lovely touch. They were all brilliant and would rush to bring you anything that you needed, a little kindness toward them goes a long way. They love to get to know the guests a little and have a friendly relationship with them, many of them said that they like to have conversations to practice their English so they would have a quick chat with us whenever they could spare the time. I didn't find that they hang around too much though which I have found in some places where they are not fully booked, you could always see that the staff were making themselves busy while making sure you were having a good time.

Anyway, onto the pool... the pool is beautiful. It really looks like it does in the pictures. There are not many hotels that actually look like they do on the website but this one truly does. The grounds are stunning, especially at night with all the little bridges and waterfalls lit up. The main pool is massive and I love that it is a full circle with island in the middle so you can do lazy laps around if you wish, there is also a little set of steps from the pool up to the island which is a lovely sunbathing spot if nobody's going up and down. There are plenty on sun loungers to go around, especially with it being a little quieter at the moment - it did get much busier toward the end of our stay but still no fights or towels being put down at 6am!

Beach... The beach was so nice and relaxing, it's lovely and quiet and most people seem to spend their day by the pool so there is no problem finding sun loungers. The sea is lovely when the tide is in; Some days it's in and you can sit on the floor with the water up to your chin, some days it's out and you can only wander through the rock pools. Either way you will get to see some cool fish swimming around your feet. We didn't snorkel this time as the sea was a bit rough while we were there and I am not the strongest swimmer but the jetty at this hotel is not bad, it's not the best one we've sat on for fish spotting but if you go down the steps and sit on the bottom on the right hand side it juts out a little further than the coral so you get to see more colourful fish than on the other side. Others we met did the Tiran Island trip with 3 snorkelling stops and said it was well worth the money but this holiday was all about relaxation for us as we've been before.

Bars....We tried out each of the bars, your all inclusive gets you drinks at the lobby, pool and beach bars which include soft drinks, teas and coffees, beer and cocktails. The juice is watery, a sort of mix between juice and squash, fresh juice is available but at a charge. Top tip as recommended by Robyn from the animation team was to mix all the juices together from the dispensers in one cup - very nice. They're also very accommodating if you feel like getting creative, I started getting a glass with ice and a shot of grenadine and then topping up with juices to make my own pretty juicy drinks. They will also give you a glass with just vodka (or spirit of your choice) if you ask and I know a lot of hotels won't do this and will insist it has a mixer. My only small complaint - not really even a complaint is that the drinks are not the same every time you order them, if you get a cocktail and you like it, chances are it will not taste the same the next time you order it, they add how ever much alcohol they fancy and the same with the mixer so you I ended up with some that looked and tasted like half a pint of rum at times but they'll make you another if you ask. All of the bars are very nice and the barmen very friendly, you can have a good laugh with them and if you order the same drink a few times they will remember and have them ready for you/bring them to your table if they are not rushed off their feet (I'm not even sure if this is in their job description).

Shisha....The shisha was our favourite place, it's really comfy and you can just sit and relax. There were usually a few other couples around so it was pretty social and the man who was running it, Sobhy, was so, so nice. He couldn't do enough for you and seemed like just a genuinely lovely person, he was one of the people that added something special to our holiday. It doesn't have a bar but you are able to get drinks brought to you and you can take your drinks from the lobby which isn't far. The shishas are really cheap, £2.00 each and he will replace the coals for you so they last for ages. There is a good variety and if you ask he will mix the flavours for you so you can have more than one at a time, sweet melon ended up being the favourite amongst everyone as it tasted the most fruity and the least smoky!

Room.....we booked the standard room as we do not spend very much time there at all so do not need it to be much more than basic, my only disappointment in the room was that neither the bed nor the sofa was all that comfortable, it wasn't awful but it wasn't the comfort I would expect in a 5 star resort. I would hope that the standard is better in the more expensive rooms. Other than that the room was very nice - weirdly we did have three 'paintings' on the wall which were all the same one, we did go to other peoples rooms where they had three different ones so I don't think this was intentional. Also the standard room comes with a bath with over bath shower and also a separate shower - the separate shower did not work and we were told by other guests that their rooms had the same problem. Other that that the room was very nice. It was clean, well decorated, good air conditioning with temperature control, a safe which you can set the combination for and a nice balcony. We requested an iron for the room, it did take rather a long time to arrive but they may have been busy, they let us keep it for the duration of our stay and did not charge us for it so that was a nice bonus.

Entertainment..... This was the only downfall of our holiday, I won't go into detail about the issues we had with the entertainment company based at the hotel during our stay. I would like to praise the hotels food and beverage manager Adam at this point though as he was made aware that we had had an issue with the manager of the company and took it upon him self to rectify the situation. I did not feel that he had to do this as it was not the hotel that was at fault but he saw that a company representing the hotel had caused a problem and went above and beyond to put together a wonderful evening for us and our friends to make up for it. He sets an excellent example to every member of staff that no matter what has happened a simple gesture could make it right and make a some body who would have complained into an advocate for the company.

Location.......The location is excellent, 15 minutes from the airport, 5 minutes from soho square by bus/taxi. You are within easy reach of markets, shopping malls, high street shops, night clubs, restaurants, internet cafe and still right on the beach yet it's still incredibly peaceful, the only sound you'll hear from some parts of the hotel is from the hotel next door which sounds a lot more lively at night! I heard a rumour that the radisson is building some kind of club/disco on sight but I don't know how true that is.

Gym...... I did not use the gym but my partner did and I thought I'd mention that there is no aircon. If you have a look at the pictures you will see it looks sort of like a cave, it really is like that. Not advisable other than really early morning before it gets remotely hot - how many people really want to use the gym in the middle of the day when they're on holiday anyway though?

All in all this was a really lovely holiday, I cannot fault the hotel service or surroundings in any way. If you do have a problem, be nice about it and let them know - they are lovely people at this hotel and they really will do their best to help you, they want you to come back!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SouthEms
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu from September 22nd -3rd October 2013 - all inclusive. We first came here in 2009 and the place was heaving and bursting. This year the resort and hotels were much quieter and all the better for it too! No troubles: No grief: No issues whatsoever: Once again the Egyptians delivered First Class Service right across the board - in total contrasts to the abysmal service and 'couldn't care-less' attitude that's delved up in England - and that's as soon as you get back in Arrivals! The Staff at the Radisson could not have been more friendly, more helpful, more engaging, more happy, more involved and determined to deliver a first class service. We never once saw any member of the Hotel Team (whether Catering, Grounds, Domestic, Entertainment or Safety) not busily going about their work and anticipating the needs of holiday-makers - at all hours. it was sobering to admit that their counterparts in England are for the most part, lost in oblivious lolling-about or determined to make customers feel like an inconvenience. While we were at the Hotel, the Catering Staff asked the English holidaymakers to fill in a service-quality questionnaire. It had transpired that some of the English were whining and whingeing about standards which was really rich given that most couldn't spell sirloin let alone make room for one after gorging out on chips and burgers. The range of food and options available (i.e. other on-site restaurants) were more than appropriate and all meals were cooked thoroughly, presented well and just delicious. The pool-side team and the beach team were top-notch - keeping everyone happy and involved and welcomed. During these difficult times for Egypt, it is people like the staff at the Radisson, who cannot be faulted, that should be praised and supported not only for their dedicated service but for putting up with moaners who ought to know better.

Room Tip: If you want a Beach Front Room - make your request clear. If you ask for a Sea-View room, you'l...
1 Thank Kiriakos-Domenikos
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#20 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,993 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!