The flight on 10.10.13 was great. Just one little thing..... on the plane just before landing in Sharm the lovely air cabin crew advised us that we would need to purchase visa's at the airport if we wanted to explore Cairo and Luxor. As soon as we got off the plane and got our luggage we were guided to the visa desk. Visa's costed £13:00 each so no biggie. The next day at the Thompson Welcome meeting (where you can book ur excursions) we were told that trips to cario and luxor were not available due to the travel warnings!!!!!! Not very impressed as we paid £26 for visa's that we did not need - That THOMPSON told us to BUY!!! Don't bother buying ur visas!!!
We learned from a lady on one of the excursions who travelled with the Monarch airline. Monarch advised all the passengers on there flight that they do not need to purchase visa's for Luxor or Cario as there were travel warnings!!!!! Good on Monarch!!!
We arrived at the resort just a little aftre 9:30 PM. We were able to have dinner and then be shown to our room. The room was massive and very spacious. My first impression of the room was wow!!! so much space.
The hotel was very clean at all times, the food selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner was amazing! The staff in the dining area were very friendly, helpful and polite. They couldn't help you enough.
The only thing that I didnt like was the late check out charge!!!! The check out time was 12:00pm. Our plane left at 9:20pm. The Thompson transfer coach was due to pick us up at 6:20PM. We were offered a late check out but we had to pay £40, we declined and just chilled in the lounge until our coach arrived.
We went for the eid celcebration and were very touched by all the small gestures from the dining staff.
I would definately recommend this hotel to others. The Thompson child entertainers were very good. We didn't have any kids with us but could tell that the kids were being looked after very well by the Thompson staff.
We also had two massages at the hotel spa. The staff were very professional and brilliant with the massages. English is not the main language for the massage ladies so bear with them! Overall the spa expererience was amazing. We paid just under £100 for both massages. The spa manager Ahmed aka Modi was very helpful and looked after me and my husband throughout our whole holiday.
The excursions provided by Thompsons were very expensive so we did not book anything with them. We wnt to Falcon Adventure who are based across the road. We spent £250 with Falcon adventure and both did the following:
1. Red sea boat trip including snorkelling
2. Dolphin show
3. Swimming with dolphins
4. Narma Bay shopping trip
5. Go cart racing
6. Desert safari on quad bikes
All of the above excursions were booked via Falcon Adventure Transport to and back to our hotel was included in all of these excursions. Kirsty the assistant manager was very helpful and very well versed regarding the local knowledge in the area. She
Johhno, Ottomon and Max the three amigos from Falcon Adventure are very friendly, funny and helpful. All three guys made our trip very memorable!!! Thank you all for an amazing first time in Sharm. We will definately go back and do Cairo and Luxor.
Hope you find this review helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the dynamic pulse the moment you walk into the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. It is home to the most prestigious aqua park resort in the fashionable Nabq area on the Red Sea. The aqua park entertains guests with: Boomerang and the Speed/Bowl slides. On top of that, you can race down the multi-laner or go for something calmer like the lazy river. But the real big boy has to be the flowrider ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Splash Hotel Nabq Bay
- Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay