“Coral Sea Aqua Club & Falcon Adventures”

Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Coral Sea Aqua Club & Falcon Adventures”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The flight on 10.10.13 was great. Just one little thing..... on the plane just before landing in Sharm the lovely air cabin crew advised us that we would need to purchase visa's at the airport if we wanted to explore Cairo and Luxor. As soon as we got off the plane and got our luggage we were guided to the visa desk. Visa's costed £13:00 each so no biggie. The next day at the Thompson Welcome meeting (where you can book ur excursions) we were told that trips to cario and luxor were not available due to the travel warnings!!!!!! Not very impressed as we paid £26 for visa's that we did not need - That THOMPSON told us to BUY!!! Don't bother buying ur visas!!!

We learned from a lady on one of the excursions who travelled with the Monarch airline. Monarch advised all the passengers on there flight that they do not need to purchase visa's for Luxor or Cario as there were travel warnings!!!!! Good on Monarch!!!

We arrived at the resort just a little aftre 9:30 PM. We were able to have dinner and then be shown to our room. The room was massive and very spacious. My first impression of the room was wow!!! so much space.

The hotel was very clean at all times, the food selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner was amazing! The staff in the dining area were very friendly, helpful and polite. They couldn't help you enough.

The only thing that I didnt like was the late check out charge!!!! The check out time was 12:00pm. Our plane left at 9:20pm. The Thompson transfer coach was due to pick us up at 6:20PM. We were offered a late check out but we had to pay £40, we declined and just chilled in the lounge until our coach arrived.

We went for the eid celcebration and were very touched by all the small gestures from the dining staff.

I would definately recommend this hotel to others. The Thompson child entertainers were very good. We didn't have any kids with us but could tell that the kids were being looked after very well by the Thompson staff.

We also had two massages at the hotel spa. The staff were very professional and brilliant with the massages. English is not the main language for the massage ladies so bear with them! Overall the spa expererience was amazing. We paid just under £100 for both massages. The spa manager Ahmed aka Modi was very helpful and looked after me and my husband throughout our whole holiday.

The excursions provided by Thompsons were very expensive so we did not book anything with them. We wnt to Falcon Adventure who are based across the road. We spent £250 with Falcon adventure and both did the following:

1. Red sea boat trip including snorkelling
2. Dolphin show
3. Swimming with dolphins
4. Narma Bay shopping trip
5. Go cart racing
6. Desert safari on quad bikes

All of the above excursions were booked via Falcon Adventure Transport to and back to our hotel was included in all of these excursions. Kirsty the assistant manager was very helpful and very well versed regarding the local knowledge in the area. She

Johhno, Ottomon and Max the three amigos from Falcon Adventure are very friendly, funny and helpful. All three guys made our trip very memorable!!! Thank you all for an amazing first time in Sharm. We will definately go back and do Cairo and Luxor.

Hope you find this review helpful!

Salma

Room Tip: go for the family room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Salma470
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Coral Sea Hotels - Resorts - Nile Cruises

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited here on 12th September for one week and absolutely loved it!
The rooms are massive, very clean and modern. The maid comes in every day and leaves towel art which is amazing!
The pool area is lovely, lots of things going on all day, and the waiters bring around drinks so you don't even have to move off the sun lounger. However the lazy river was closed when we were then so used the water park at the sister hotel which was fantastic.
The food is excellent, always a different theme with plenty of choice and if your fussy (which I am) then there is still plenty of choice, pasta, pizza, a BBQ nearly every day, toasties, chips!
The entertainment in the night was enjoyable but not much for adults as it finished early.
Outside the hotel is really quiet, two or three bars but apart from that you get hustled by the locals.
Go across the road to falcon excursions instead of booking with thomson, much cheaper!
Definitely do the desert quad biking and visit soho square!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LGX67

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was our third visit back to coral sea and it just gets better and better :-) we was VIP and loved it
The staff the food the drinks are just fantastic, massive thankyou to Mohamed on reception he couldn't do enough for us and made our VIP stay unreal :-)
Was great to see Mirinda work the bars but he needs to be back in reception bar please
Mo was our drinks waiter around the swim up rooms and worked so hard in the day and then again in the evening in the shish bar :-) pay him a visit he will look after you :-)
We will return again to see all our friends that we have made there ( Mohamed , mo , and Mirinda )

Room Tip: Swim up room is a must :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 3rd-timers,

Thank you very much for returning to the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your 3rd stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here with my sister 23rd-30th September and we couldn't fault it. Having previously stayed at Coral Sea Waterworld (before it was Waterworld) I felt that this hotel was better. Upon arrival we were told to go to the restaurant and eat as it was late at night and after we would be taken to our room by buggy. We stayed in room 2310 which is a family room, it was so spacious and although we requested two single beds we were given a large double bed which was fine as it was so big we had plenty of room each. The bathroom has toiletries in which was a nice touch when we ran out of stuff on our last couple of days. This room is on the sunny side so it's nice to sit on the balcony before the sun goes down and have a couple of drinks. Our cleaner always left us towel art and two bottles of water in the room every day.

The pool area is kept clean and we always managed to get a sunbed, the lifeguards are really helpful and lay your towels out and help put your brolly up and always ask how you are etc. The only issue I found is the beds are slightly too close together which caused umbrella wars when we decided we wanted shade but our neighbours did not! The main pool is large, but the issue here is all the pool entertainment is done here so for quite some time we had to avoid the pool as games such as water polo and volleyball were going on. The pool area has a pool bar where you can get drinks all day and pool snacks from lunchtime oh and ice cream. Also the bar staff bring round a selection of drinks throughout the day which I thought was really nice, saves you going to the bar in that heat!
The waterpark is so much fun, I definitely recommend going on Space Bowl, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard! Unfortunately the lazy river was closed for refurbishment so we didn't get to try that out.

The buffet at breakfast, lunch and dinner was better than I expected. There is something for everyone. At breakfast you could get waffles, pancakes, eggs, cereal, fruit and even a fry up. I did hear people complaining about not having bacon or pork sausages..seriously?! I do think some people should read up about the country they are going to before they visit. Lunch time was always nice, there was a bbq outside, the pool bar also served pizza and toasties and the buffet always had lots to offer such as jacket potatos, salads, chicken pittas etc. We only ate once at the buffet dinner and there was a pasta station which was nice. We also used our vouchers for the restaurants, the American diner was ok, but the Asian was a lot nicer.

The entertainment was dire, i'm sorry but I couldn't even sit through it. Having been to coral sea before when they had 5 star animation it seems Thomson should never have taken over. To be fair I don't think they have much to work with, so it's probably not really the entertainment staffs fault.

The spa staff were a little annoying, on the first day we were offered a facial each plus one free one later in the week for £60 for the two. Seeing as the idea of our holiday was to relax we went for it. The guy selling the spa treatments explained a little about what the 1 hour facial would entail, he failed to tell us that actually for one hour we would be tortured in a barbers chair with facial threading (I didn't even have any facial hair to begin with and she was threading my cheeks and forehead?!), attacked with various lotions and potions (I don't think they had a particular order of putting them on or if the staff even knew what the products did), smeared with green face mask and then laughed at by staff who spoke about us in Arabic. Luckily we know how to have a good laugh at ourselves. However since this 'treatment' my skin has been terrible!! So yeah it's safe to say we didn't go for the second facial and we refused any other treatments they tried to sell us. I also heard other women complaining about their skin after. I do understand though that the spa is seperate management to the hotel so I do not blame the hotel.
All of the staff here are absolutely lovely and can not do enough for you. They made us feel really welcome and comfortable as initially I was a little nervous about being in Egypt with the recent problems. Even our taxi driver when we visited Soho Square was lovely and ensured we were safe when dropping us off and picking us up (he was there early waiting for us outside his cab). Every single staff member asks how you are and you are always greeted with a smile and they are very playful and jokey. They are all brilliant with children and I have already recommended this hotel to my friends who have little ones.
I would definitely return to this hotel, it was clean, the weather was perfect and I came back feeling relaxed (after I had recovered from the facial threading/barber chair torturing.

Room Tip: Ask for a sunny side room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for our anniversary on 19/09/2013 for 2 weeks and can honestly say there is nothing we can fault. Every member of staff from Mr Shandy (Mohammed) to Hossan,Dizzy Danny & Cha Cha Chelsea work so hard to make your holiday the best .My husband is a fussy eater and he found plenty to eat every day.the hotel room had a wow factor overlooking the pool.The staff are amazing they are always happy to see you and work extremely long hours.The Thomson entertainment team are fab too they are on the go all day and night and are a credit to the hotel.Carolyn the customer relations advisor was fantastic and always came over to see you and check everything was ok. We can't wait to return next year again for our next anniversary.Anyone who puts a negative review on here must have ridiculously high standards.
Hi all I'm the husband just needed to add my thoughts on the holiday it was nothing short of amazing ignore any bad reviews anyone puts the holiday was nothing short of perfect I can't fault one thing about and we will be returning next year .........perfect big thank you to all the Thompson team you work very hard I would like to say thank you .....john and helen room 5209

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen H
Dear Guests,

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back next year. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gateshead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a great family holiday booked a swim up room and must admit it was deffo worth the extra on our holiday costs. Room was a great size and kept clean with great towel art. There were only 2 main faults with hotel and they were the evening entertainment which Thomson provided which wasn't upto much but think this is across all Thomson hotels and in the 2nd week of our holiday the standard of food took a nose dive but apparently the Head Chef wasn't around and standards had started to slip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went here in 2012 when it first opened and really enjoyed it. Although newly opened it was already showing signs of wear and tear.
Rooms are modern and spacious. We had a swim up room which was lovely to use during the day as nobody used it. Hotel is good with lovely areas. Lots of pools with slides, fun area for kids.......suitable for a family holiday more than a couples.
Food was good in the buffet and very good in the al la carte restaurants. Evening entertainment was just ok. We mainly sat on terrace listening the violinist in a evening. If you go outside the hotel you have various bars / restaurants within a 5 minute walk which was great to venture out. TGI Fridays, KFC...etc.
I wouldnt go back to this hotel purely due to it being more kiddie orientated, not enough al la carte restaurants (was only 2 when i went). BUT would return to Nabq as i really enjoyed going out in an evening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
#52 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,988 reviews

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!