“Great Family Holiday”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Gateshead, England, United Kingdom
“Great Family Holiday”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a great family holiday booked a swim up room and must admit it was deffo worth the extra on our holiday costs. Room was a great size and kept clean with great towel art. There were only 2 main faults with hotel and they were the evening entertainment which Thomson provided which wasn't upto much but think this is across all Thomson hotels and in the 2nd week of our holiday the standard of food took a nose dive but apparently the Head Chef wasn't around and standards had started to slip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Coral Sea Hotels - Resorts - Nile Cruises

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (929)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went here in 2012 when it first opened and really enjoyed it. Although newly opened it was already showing signs of wear and tear.
Rooms are modern and spacious. We had a swim up room which was lovely to use during the day as nobody used it. Hotel is good with lovely areas. Lots of pools with slides, fun area for kids.......suitable for a family holiday more than a couples.
Food was good in the buffet and very good in the al la carte restaurants. Evening entertainment was just ok. We mainly sat on terrace listening the violinist in a evening. If you go outside the hotel you have various bars / restaurants within a 5 minute walk which was great to venture out. TGI Fridays, KFC...etc.
I wouldnt go back to this hotel purely due to it being more kiddie orientated, not enough al la carte restaurants (was only 2 when i went). BUT would return to Nabq as i really enjoyed going out in an evening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Coral Sea Aqua Club and wow what a great family resort.
I have a 3 year old who ran me ragged all week. He loved the Pirate Ship, the Lazy River, sitting in the Wave Pool and going on the toddler pool slides. I was with him in all of the pools but sometimes let him run up the Pirate ship on his own (as long as i could see him) as the water is very shallow.
The room was very large with a separate bedroom and a balcony, the cleaning staff were very helpful and the room was exceptionally clean. The TV had some English stations, a children’s channel a couple of movie channels and 7 sports channels which is plenty for most people
My boy went to the Thomson Kids club between 13:00 and 15:00 (out of the sun at the hottest part of the day) and loved it. All the staff were really friendly, he loved being there. There was a teatime children’s entertainment show which was as expected and my lad seemed to like. Didn’t see the other stuff as it was his bed time
Hotel staff were all fantastic, from the bar guys, to the Life Guards, Waiter’s, gardeners etc, they all would help anyway they could with a smile on their face
The food was excellent always something good to eat, my wife is a bit fussy but still found plenty to eat. There was plenty of choice for my boy who never went hungry. We had a couple of meals at the al et carte restaurants, the food was good and the service fantastic
One major point that everyone asks about Egypt... I did not speak with anybody who had a stomach upset, which shows the massive efforts made by Hotel and Staff. I’ve been to Egypt 5 time’s and is the first time I’ve not heard a complaint
Only went on 1 excursion to the see the Dolphin show, I booked through Falcon who everybody recommended as you got a great service at a lower price. Unfortunately I would not waste your money on this show unless you like “2 unlimited” drowning out every splash from the Dolphins. Falcon were excellent and very helpful and i’m sure would be great if you wanted to go on any excursion (not the Dolphins)
I’ve been racking my brain for anything bad to say from our visit and I can’t.
We never go to the same destination 2 years running but I’m making an exception and will defiantly be back next year. Well done Coral Sea Aqua and well done Thomson

Room Tip: We chose a family room with Thomson which had 2 singles and a douple even though there were onl 3 of...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Will H
Dear Guests,

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back next year. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

What can I say....but brill..just got back from this hotel..and what a hotel it is..we had a swim up room 2113 and it was out of this world..we loved it, so sunny..so clean..we could not fault the hotel and staff.. Jamerl in the restaurant is the best, he is so nice and good with the kids...and so are the other staff...thomsons reps too were so helpfull..we did a snorkeling trip to the Red Sea and you won't be disappointed..it was amazing..also we did the market mayhem with the reps..that was good too..bargains to get if you can haggle..I would really recommend this hotel...we will be going back...we felt safe and relaxed..it's a must..

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hazell J

Bedlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Myself, my boyfriend and our two year old daughter stayed at the Coral Sea Aqua Club from the 27th September-4th October and it was the best hotel we've stayed in by far! As soon as we arrived the staff made sure that we were happy. We were taken to our rooms on a buggy and a staff member carried our bags up for us. We stayed in a double room and it was huge and immaculate. We were greeted with a personalised message on our TV and also given free use of the safe. Every morning we were given fresh towels and they were put on sunbeds of our choice by the lifeguard, who went as far as telling us where the sun hit for the longest amount of time. The pool area was clean, a member of staff regularly cleaning empty cups/rubbish etc. Another staff member would come around with trays of drinks so we didn't even have to go to the bar.

At mealtimes there was a great amount of choice. At breakfast there was always a wide range of fruits/pastries/cereals etc and also an egg station where a chef would cook eggs any way you liked them. At lunch if you went to the restaurant you were given an ice cold towel on arrival and there was again, plenty to choose from including made to order sandwiches. If you didn't go to the restaurant there was a bbq on or you could have made to order toasties and pizzas from the pool bar. Dinner was themed each night and there was also a pasta station where you could just pasta and sauces. As well as the buffet restaurant we were given vouchers to have one meal in the american diner and one in the asian restaurant, both were menu service rather than buffet and were lovely, the asian one was definitely nicer though. The hotel also owned a restaurant next door, the stonegrill, where you could go which wasn't part of the all inclusive but you got 25% discount from. I DEFINITELY recommend it, the food is amazing. We had 2 courses each and drinks and it was only £30.

We were warned by many of our friends and family about going to Egypt and getting ill with stomach problems, some even ended up on a drip from dehydration but we weren't ill at all and put that down with how careful the hotel were. They washed all of their fruit and vegetables with mineral water and all ice and juice was made with it too. Every day you were given 2x2l bottles of water in your room to use for drinking and hand washing/cleaning teeth. They also had hand sanitisers outside of all the restaurants.

Thomson's entertainment team were also amazing and worked tirelessly around the clock. The poolside entertainment during the day was great, they did T-time live for the kids and then at 9pm they had entertainment for the adults. If you're lucky enough to see Ricky Kay, he is HILARIOUS!

As well as all of that, the staff were absolutely brilliant. They couldn't do enough to help, they were friendly and made a fuss of my daughter, Hamdy and Mohammed in particular. We tipped our cleaner and found that after that he made beautiful towel art on our bed every time he cleaned the room after that. On the Tuesday night we were invited to have drinks with the management who sat down with us and asked how we were enjoying our holiday and did we have any problems. The only small issues we had was that we were on the third floor and the lift only went from 1-3 so we had to walk down a flight of stairs to get from floor 1 to the pool and back which was difficult if we had the buggy. When we told the manager this he offered to move us to a different room which was very generous but we declined as we were only there for another 3 nights. The other thing was that the lazy river was off on our arrival as they were repairing it but we were told we could use the hotel along the road (coral sea waterpark) as they also had one and the manager said they would try and get the one at our hotel fixed asap. By the Friday, the day we left, it was back on!

I cannot praise this hotel enough, we loved it so much we've booked to go back again on May 20th next year for my birthday and we cannot wait! I absolutely 100% recommend the Coral Sea Aqua Club!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Deanne O

Kent
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was never really interested in Egypt, but after needing some guaranteed sun we booked Egypt and CSAC on the recommendation of my fellow trip advisors. After booking Thompson informed us that the lazy river and wave pool were due to be serviced, after awful customer service from Thompson which resulted in me unable to relocate to another hotel, I decided to book a swim up room and continue to the CSAC...... And am I so glad we did. The coral sea staff are the best asset to this hotel, Mohammed (bar manager) in the main lobby bar deserves some amazing recognition by the management team. He makes everybody smile and I am positive brings returning holiday makers to CSAC.

We had a swim up room on the sunny side, I emailed Sameh prior to arrival, who quickly replied and acknowledged my request, I had the pleasure of meeting him (my kindle broke due to the heat and he got his IT expert on the case successfully) and he was brilliant. We were in room 2116, we lost the sun around 1430-1500, by which time it is cooler anyway, so we either swam further down, or used the private sunbathing terrace. Personally, I would choose this room again, as we had the nicest part of the swim up pool, large and on the end. (I will add photos).

Ahmed our cleaner, was hard working and made beautiful towel art, especially for my partners birthday.

We enjoyed all four trips to the a la carte. We were there for two weeks, and did get a bit bored of their food, but we are keen eaters out anyway, so tried TGIs, hard rock and good old mcds and kfc.

You can pay in English and much better exchange than the uk with your change, or even better use the cash machines for exchange (behind falcon), brilliant exchange rate, with a tiny commission.

Visit the metro supermarket, past hard rock for good cheap buys, mainly snacks etc.

Entertainment is shocking by Thompson, not quite sure how they have not been changed, considering the poor reviews for months and months. Coral sea bar entertainment is good, especially the violin man!!

Simon the Thompson rep is very attentive and always says hello.

Booked Thompson VIP cruise and ultimate desert, you do pay more, but with the current situation we felt it safer. And we had a policeman accompany us to the desert.

We would recommend, not sure it would be a brilliant resort for couples during holidays, but perfect during term time.

Managed to use lazy river for last few days, very fun, some naughty children, the coral sea staff manage them appropriately.... Just the parents then arguing that there children did nothing wrong. Felt quite sorry for the staff, due the appalling behaviour of the Brits at times, but luckily our swim up room, kept us away from the majority!!!

Would def recommend.

Room Tip: Swim up on sunny side, rooms beginning 2103-2116 (ours was 2116- perfect!) Visit hard rock, ask for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emilou22mac

Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Literally got back to the UK early hours of this morning. Stayed the 7th October till the 14th. Firstly let me say that a week is simply not long enough, will most certainly be booking for two weeks next time.

We stayed in swim up room 2110, I can safely say it was totally worth the extra money, to wake up and be able to just climb straight into your own pool. We were on the sunny side so had sun all day which was amazing. The only downside to the swim up room was that people who were directly above our room thought that they had the right to use the swim up pool, when clearly other people had paid, which I found quite rude, however this was not the hotels fault, this was just rude and ignorant people.
The cleaner (sorry to say forgot his name) was absolutely AMAZING he works so hard and the towel art was amazing, he had a smile on his face every time we saw him and also on the first day the first thing that he actually asked, was if we needed anything just simply call him.
The hotel is kept spotless, whenever you looked you always saw someone cleaning something. Also whenever you saw a member of staff they always gave you a friendly smile, said hello and asked how you were (what a nice change to miserable Britain, where your usually pushed for a smile or manners!!!)
Just also want say a HUGE thank you to Ibrahiam who works his butt off at the swim up pool bar, constantly bringing drinks to the pool so you don't have to move. Also on the last day because he knew we were leaving he brought a final drink round to the front of the room which was just so sweet.
The food, what can I say it was DELICIOUS there was always something to eat even if it was just chips or pizza. The staff in the restaurant always were smiling and joking, making you feel so comfortable and at home, big thank you to Fathy he always had a cheeky smile to brighten your day.
The entertainment team, work so hard during the day, loved the poolside quiz even though we were quite bad at it lol.
All I can say is thank you to every single member of staff here they are all so amazing and work so hard, it makes me laugh to hear brits complain when the staff here work so much harder.
I can promise that I will be back next year.

Room Tip: sunnyside swim up totally worth the extra money
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Coral Sea Holiday Village
Coral Sea Holiday Village
#23 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!