We returned from our holiday on Wednesday 4th Sept after a week spent in the resort.
We arrived late on the Wednesday and were taken straight to the restaurant. This was nice but having with us a six year old who just wanted to go to sleep lead to a tiring time in the restaurant. Maybe a choice of going to your room could be given. We were then taken to our room after filing forms in not easy when your tired and have a tired six year old. When we got to the room we were impressed with its size. We had a family suite room 1102 on the ground floor. Initial impression was rooms were nice but need redecoration. Wires hanging from casing in bedroom and bedroom furniture needs revamping. All in all though nice and clean and air conditioning brilliant.
After a good night's sleep we woke to a beautiful view and lovely weather. Breakfast had a fab choice and all in all food excellent.
The pools are clean but again need revamping. We understand the lazy river where we spent most of our time is being shut on 9 Sept to be revamped.
A tip if you are taking a young child buy some swim shoes as this prevents any slipping in the pool and especially on the pirate ship. The water slides are brill and the life guards are excellent. A special thanks to Omar who was great. The Thomson entertainment by the pool was good but the downside was the evening entertainment which felt like you were experiencing some kind of parallel universe! Appreciate the reps do their best so its not their fault.
Downside to the holiday was the constanl demand for tips not from hotel staff but from driver of bus when we arrived at airport then again on any trips and again on way home. Outside hotel I think the shop owners are obviously struggling as very few tourists about. Felt very pressured to buy and maybe if they relaxed a bit they would sell more. A few of them did ask us where all the tourists were.
Make sure if you go to this hotel you visit the beach and walk out into the sea and experience the amazing sea life.
Flights were very boring with no entertainment. Thomson need to sort this out and their entertainment at the hotel to maintain their reputation however.
All in all an excellent holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the dynamic pulse the moment you walk into the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. It is home to the most prestigious aqua park resort in the fashionable Nabq area on the Red Sea. The aqua park entertains guests with: Boomerang and the Speed/Bowl slides. On top of that, you can race down the multi-laner or go for something calmer like the lazy river. But the real big boy has to be the flowrider ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Splash Hotel Nabq Bay
- Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay