2,853 results
All reviewsanimation teamwater park isamazing holidayegyptarabicsam
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our second stay in Splash, and it was brilliant from start to finish. Our room was large, and cleaned daily. Everyday we would have had amazing towel art(see pictures)! The receptionists are wonderful; very helpful, polite and always smiling. The restaurant food is delicious, there is plenty of choice, and there is something different each day, and sometimes we were able to eat Egiptian Cuisine, which is very tasty. The waiters are also brilliant, and are always here to make you laugh! The a la carte restaurants are also very nice, there is plenty of choice in the American Retaurant, however the Asian could do with some more options. The swimming pool area is always supervised by the staff. All the pools are very clean, and the minibars near the swimming pool areas very often bring drinks around to your sunbed. The hotel also has a spa, which is a new sight. It is great, and offer a wide selection of manicures, pedicures, massages, which, even though not included in the price, are cheap. The animation team are ace too, they work very hard to make sure everyone has a fun stay, and even went outside to the coach when we were departing to give everyone a goodbye:).

We would like to say a VERY big thank you to everyone who works at the hotel(we know you work very hard) for an amazing stay, and that we could feel as if we were at home! We will DEFINITELY be back again soon.

I can guarantee you're gonna have an amazing holiday if you come here. Splash is the best hotel in Nabq.!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room at this hotel is brilliant!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aggy198
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great holiday from start to finish.

All staff brilliant, I didn't tip until the end of the week and this made NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever to the service I received. Everybody was happy to help, cleaners/ waiters/ bar staff all superb and all well worth the money we left at end of week. Much friendlier and approachable than the staff I have encountered elsewhere!

Rooms spacious and reasonable, towel art a nice touch. Plenty to do and all within the complex so no bus journeys to water park/ swings/ spa. Food decent enough for a week, I had no issue whatsoever with opening times of pool bars? Would agree the one at back of slides is a hidden gem.

I'd definitely rebook....it's a good standard hotel but in my experience the staff, the amenities and the weather made it really enjoyable for my fiancé and I.

However, I wear sport shoes and she has tattoos so maybe my opinion doesn't count?!

On the flip side when I'm not on holiday I wear Paul Smith suits, wear a four figure Swiss watch, drive a top of the range German car loaded with accessories and my fiancé has mulberry handbags and chanel sun glasses. Maybe sweeping generalisations as made by link man should be considered as ill advised, rude and ignorant.

15  Thank hanc6495
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

just got back from a week at this resort. arrived early evening to a quick chkeck in. we were took to our room on a golf buggy seperate from our case. the guy seemed to stay in our room for ages obviously for a tip then half hour later someone else brought our case and stood waiting for another tip.
can not fault the room at all very spacious and modern with a huge comfy bed and so clean. bathroom also spotless and a large walk in shower. nice view of complex from the balcony.
the main pool is best if you like a bit more going on. the animation team wor so hard to keep you entertained amd involved in water games etc. music played for most of the day here quite loud but personaly liked it. if you want quiet then there are plenty sunbeds round the wave pool. pool areas very clean and tidy. good selection of adult slides and childrens slides if you have kids definately recommend.
the hotel is not on the beach but only a 15 minute walk over the road.
food is decent enough choice for a week. lots of snacks available during the day and food on an evening was always hot and plentiful. tried the american amd asain would recommend them both.
what made the holiday the most was the staff. everybody worked so hard but have to mention NATALIE from guest relations shes a lovely person always talking to the guests making sure everything is ok and helped us have a great holoday. also RAMY from the pool bar one of the hardest workers constantly walking around with drinks for everyone all day and all night. never went thirsty I can say that. the animation team brilliant too. went on a few nights out with them and was made to feel very safe and looked after.
i would definitely return to this hotel in the future just a she that the animation are being replaced and natalie leaving.

3  Thank cma1
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel after a weeks stay . We couldn't have asked for a better hotel we were well looked after . There couldn't fault it all the staff were lovely , the reception staff always pleasant and happy to help , the restaurant and bar staff also all very pleasant constantly bringing drinks and making sure you are ok , the food was delicious a different theme every day . The 5 star animation team were excellent they were very friendly but without invading your space , they had different activities for the kids every day in the evening they had various acts on including a fantastic magician who involved all the children . Unfortunately the animation team will only be there till the end of may as Thomson will be taking over and getting their own team in which is a real shame as I have never met such a good animation team in a hotel they were there to wave every coach that left to go home off. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean by a lovely man called Mohamed who left amazing towel art every day . None of the staff expected tipping or were holding their hand out for money as I have read on some reviews on here . I did however take American dollars to tip which was always appreciated and well deserved , the staff at this hotel work so hard to make sure you enjoy your holiday most of them working from 10 in the morning to 12 in the evening and always have a smile on their face . I can not credit them enough Thompson are so lucky to have these lovely hard working people for them .

1  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here first week of March with my wife and two sons aged 1 and 3. What makes this place is the staff. Every single member of staff ensured you had everything you needed and always on hand to help.

The location is very good, with plenty of shops right outside the hotel, beach a 10 minute walk away and the airport only ten minute drive so ideal when travelling with young kids like us after a long flight.

Taxis are all over the place so make sure you haggle, e.g £5 should be enough for a journey upto the airport and beyond.

The rooms were a good size with a bathroom which had a walk in shower. Cleaning was good but could have been better.

The food was very good quality. Having had a bad stomach on my previous two visits to Egypt, I was very reluctant as it was the first time there with my kids.. However none of us had any problems here as they use mineral water for washing the salads, etc. During meal times and at the pool, they kept coming up to us asking us what we would like to drink. The restaurant staff remembered what you liked to drink and always brought them up to you.

All the staff loved our kids, always coming over to say hello.

The pools were fantastic with food always available such as pizza and chips.

The animation team were very good, kept you entertained in the evening.

Always haggle when you go to shops, or get a taxi. Plenty of tour operators right outside the hotel to book your excursions with, make sure you haggle to get a good price.

Only bad thing in this area is the mosquitoes. Got bit several times.around the hotel. Ask the staff to spray your room for you when you go out.

Enjoy!

Would definately recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family