“Little gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Fife, Scotland
“Little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the at Cssr for a week from the 16th of February, the weather was beautiful in the mid 70's, got a really nice tan.

When we first arrived, we were taken to our room by a guy in a golf buggy, why I don't know, as the complex is compact, it would have been quicker to walk. He was quite a reckless driver and just a bit too friendly, he hung around the room waiting for a tip so we gave him a couple of pound coins, to which he informed us that it would be better to tip in Egyptian money, we already knew this but as the lowest exchange rate in Britain is 100 Egyptian pounds roughly 10 pounds in our money, no way was he getting that for a tip, he back tracked and took the pound coins. Then of course our luggage was then delivered by another guy so we tipped again.

The hotel room was lovely, very clean and spacious.We both enjoyed the food. Entertainment not so good, ended up watching films on the telly most nights.

I don't like shopping, so did not venture out the complex, my husband did, and said never again, constantly pestered the
Whole time he was out.

The staff do work very hard and are all very cheerful, we were told by the reps to tip small and often, quite happy to do this. Our housekeeper was Mohammed, my husband half way through the holiday went to tip him, it was another housekeeper called Sharif who said Mohammed was away home, so my husband gave him the tip, the towel art only started then with a crocodile, then the next day a little figure, Sharif knocked on our door that night saying he had forgotten to give us our water, think he was looking for another tip. Mohammed we spied later on. These were the only niggles we had, really don't mind tipping when your getting a good service. Also noticed that the pool guys were reserving beds for people, they also must have been tipped. All in all, this is a very nice hotel, staff are very good with kids, and the grounds were maintained to a high standard.

• Stayed February 2012
8 Thank sheena g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Exmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

[Mom, Son age 10 and daughter 8]

I read the reviews before going, we go to sharm every feb and its usually brill. there was one bad review and i did think 'coo thats a bit ott with the old criticism; , BUT have to agree on a few of the points!!
For a brand new hotel opening only 4 months ago it certainly isnt trying to impress!
The weather, no, cannot be controlled, it was cloudy and the water was very cold, this would obviously warm up in warmer times, the water park itself was great tho, on the times it was hot and you needed cooling down quickly! the pirate bucket was the best for this or the boomerang!! (at 47, it was going back to childhood lol).
Although we are good def not fussy eaters, the food was terrible! the same mains were there all week, whatever theme it was,then passed onto the kids section! the best day was funnily the british roast - we lived mainly on the superb desserts, which had a lot of effort put into them :)
The rooms were beautiful and spacious (we had a swim up pool room, which, again the water would be lovely if it was warmer), these could not be faulted, howerver, the concierge and reception had very much difficulty in understanding you should only need to ring them once (not 4 or 5 times) in order for them to respond! i put my washing ready to collect and 2 days later, after 4 calls it was still there :(, my daughter spilt a drink on the bed and it took 3 calls and 2 hours before they came to change the bed (this was at night time and she was tired).
The animation team were great, although more could be done during the day, especially with the weather the way it was) and the kids club girl was very much laid back and quite unenthusiastic to say the least.
So, apart from these things, it was an ok holiday, not the best by any means that we have been to and DEFINATELY not a 5 star ( at a push a 3+), and no where near as nice as others we have stayed in at sharm. shame really, cos it should be making an extra effort to ensure excellent reviews for people to book, I would say, go somewhere else. like the Holiday Village opposite :)

Room Tip: Sunny side if a swim up room, i emailed directly and we did get one :)
6 Thank debzie65
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed for the half term week in February and found the hotel to be excellent. There were two disappointments. We'd booked a swim up room and specifically asked for it to be on the sunny side as advised elsewhere. Our room turned out to be clearly on the shady side and the unheated water was really cold. I was the only person in our group that ventured in. Secondly, the evening entertainment was very patchy indeed - some good (breakdancing and whirling dervish) and some truly lame (a mixed duo in the bar would have been booed off in the UK). But these were minor points. The facilities and the staff were outstanding and the food was just INCREDIBLE! Our room was just great - spotlessly clean and very functional. We were quite close to the main pool which was very handy. The water park facilities were excellent. I really can't think of anything I didn't like. The one big negative was nothing to do with the hotel. The amount of persistent hassling from traders and "camel guys" outside the hotel was astonishing and quite intimidating. We didn't spend ANY money for three days because we were so put off by the belligerence of the locals. Once we got used to it we actually did some shopping and bartering. I must stress this was not the fault of the hotel. I heared reports that the whole of the Red Sea area has become really endemic for this with the big drop in visitor numbers. Just be assertive and stand your ground.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a swim up room unless you are going outside of school holidays. The vast major...
2 Thank Kerbcrawler
Shropshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I will start by saying the room which was a family room sleeps 4-6 people has 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and 2 balconys with plenty of storage a great layout. We arrived to find it a bit dirty. Pubic hairs in the bath and on the bathroom floor.
For the children the water park facilities are great although parts of the water park were freezing cold. There was a brilliant pirate ship for the smaller children but empty all the time because of the water being so cold, I can imagine it being used more in the warmer months.
The staff are very friendly and great with the children, the animation team are funny and very entertaining.
Food here is quite disappointing, there is too much bread although very nice and is good to look at. The food never seemed to be warm enough and there was never much choice out of 1 week I think the best meal We had was in the Asian restaurant. The food wasn't too bad in the American restaurant, but there was nothing American about the restaurant itself, it was dark and all You got was an American flag on the menu. We had high expectations after reading reviews before We went, after going to Egypt for the sixth time to be honest this was the worst holiday out of them all.
If it's any use to anyone You are right in the flight path.

Room Tip: Family room sleeps 4-6 a great room with plenty of storage
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank D G
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 10 days returned home on 23rd Feb. We went for a family friendly holiday and winter sun and got it (25 - 27 ish every day, but did hear it had rained every day the week before). We booked this hotel because it was No 1 on Trip advisor for Nabq Bay and because of the water park. It lived up to our expectations. Very clean, rooms of a high standard, good choice at meal times, friendly staff and kids especially loved the waterpark. Only negatives for us about the resort would be:- the water was not heated in all the pools, the swim up room pool was very cold (not worth the extra money), lazy river lovely but too cold and water not heated in toddler pools, never saw any children playing in them, a great pity as they were lovely with small slides and fountains.
And evening entertainment very hit or miss. Got the feeling even the entertainment staff were bored with it - 'Miss Coral Sea' and bingo - really?! but enjoyed the Egyptian night.
Outside the resort was pretty full on with hastle, but then this is the Middle East.
Would book this again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on sunny side - don't bother with swim up pool in winter (water not heated)
2 Thank HilaryMac85
Fakenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Fourth stay in Sharm and this has been the best hotel by far! Rooms large, fresh and clean with the daily excitement of wondering what towel art we would go back to. All the staff were friendly and pleasant and good fun and the animation team were great. I'm more of an observer than a participant but the animation team were so good I ended up enjoying daily aerobics, dancing the chocolata, winning on quiz night and even playing bingo! The food was great and it was good to go to the a la carte just to have a reduced choice. Found the First Choice experience much better than our previous Thomson trips and there was great camaraderie around the pool with lots of other Brits. My only minor grumble was that you couldn't take two steps without the menfolk stoppng to chat with another blokey about football rugby or boxing! Didn't try the water slides as the water too cold for a wimp like me but will definitely have a go when we go back again - which we certainly will! The two reps were brilliant too!!

Room Tip: Don't get a swim up room in low season.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jacquie C
Redditch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

I travelled with my daughter to CSS based mainly on the fact that they have waterslides on site at the hotel, in addition to other areas of the hotel looking good.

Let me start with the check in; very quick and efficient and we were at our room in less than 15 mins. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good English.

The room itself was great, spacious, clean, nice balcony, good sized wardrobes with those all important coat hangers (10 in total), a free digital safe, nice sized fridge and good TV (although given 99% of guests were British, there were hardly any channels in English!!). The bathroom was great, nice walk in shower with powerful enough water for decent shower, nice big sink based on table with enough room either side to keep your "stuff" and to my daughters delight, there was a telephone next to the toilet.
The guy who serviced our room (sorry io have forgotten your name) was great, we had so many different creations made for us surprising us on our return to the room, really good.

Restaurant / Food; this was clean and pleasant although service (drinks) was not anywhere near what you would class as good, having to ask 2 and 3 times on occasions for your drinks. The food was the biggest disappointment for me, I would say it was just acceptable on average with a couple of "good" nights but there seemed to be no consistency. We would always arrive at 6.30pm for dinner (opening time) yet some of the food was just about luke warm, choice was basically different meats / fishes with similar side dishes / vegetables. There was a pizza station where they would make min pizzas for you to order (took approx 5 mins to go through cooker) and these were very nice.

The two A'La Cartes; American and Asian were both very good and great service.

Breakfast was ok, pancakes and omelette/egg station so no real complaints here.

Lunch could be had either in the main restaurant or at either of the food areas outside which were good and both serving drinks (soft and alcoholic); one serving fries, salad and then 2 of the following which were alternated; Fish coujons, burgers, chicken thighs, sausages for hot dogs, Kofta. The other area (by the top pool) served order your own pizza, fries and salad, along with very nice ice cream!!

With regards to outside are, it’s a fairly compact and you could walk around the whole of the outside in 5 minutes so easy to get around.

The main Pool is towards the top of the complex, this was heated and very clean with adequate sun beds to hand. Toilets located at either side and the nice bar / food area to one side. Service was great up there with Has"sam" really looking after you.

Moving down you get the wave pool which was a great favourite for the kids (and Dads who needed to warm up after being on the flow rider where the water is bloody cold. Waves are good and there was always 1 or 2 attendants watching the kids so a safe feeling. The Kids play pool is great with small slides and play water cannons at the sides however, the water was not heated and was freezing so you never saw any kids playing in it!!
The Lazy River was great although again not heated and freezing which made it important to stay on the rings.
The Slides were great; High Thrills basically just a drop so keep your legs together to avoid wedgies’, the mats are great fun where the kids (and adults) can race each other to the end, the single tube ride was ok but as the others were so good we hardly used this. The best slides were the Space Bowl and the Boomerango both of which you can only ride on a double tube in pairs; On /both you basically disappear down a tube to reappear on the Space Bowl in a big bowl which you circle 3 or 4 times dependent upon weight then to fall down the plughole and wiz down a tube to the bottom and exit pool. The Boomerango takes you round a couple of corners in the dark and then down a steep drop only to go up a steep climb on the other side gently moving you to the opposite side as when you slide back down you race down a wider track and shoot out into the exit pool - Fabulous both.

My Favourite (I am the big Kid) was the Flow rider which is the surf simulator. Islam was the attendant / instructor when we were there and he was great. Water was cold so along with a few bruises I accumulated at times my knees were orange and blue, however, this didn’t stop me going on it over and over again. As the week goes on your repertoire of tricks grows but this is just great endless fun for big and little kids alike. My daughter who is 6 went on alone but too young really to control it so Islam would sit on the back riding it doing tricks which she loved so this is really for everyone.

All of the guys working the slide areas are great fun, constantly soaking you with buckets of water and generally having a great time.

Entertainment, my daughter is not interested in kids club so I can’t really comment although speaking to people whose kids did go it seems very basic during the day. He night time entertainment was not good, hence the fact that we went to the Bus Stop Pub every night we were there which to be honest both myself and daughter wanted to do.

This hotel has WIFI but only for laptops, IT WILL NOT WORK WITH IPADS OR IPHONES.. Plus there is a charge to use it.

Special mention to Islam (Flow Rider instructor) who even entertained the kids whilst you had a beer in his time off when we met up with him at the Bus Stop pub which is great and should be visited (see my separate review). Top Man Islam, thanks a lot.

Out of the hotel there is a nice beach just the other side of the road (10-15 minute walk though) although if its snorkelling go when the tide is out – normally afternoons. Please note the sand is not best for kids wanting to build sandcastles etc and the sea not great for young kids trying to play as the floor is broken shells/coral etc.

There are plenty of shops either way although in typical Egyptian fashion, be prepared to be hassled constantly with people telling you best quality, special discount, cheaper then Primark etc..

We would go back to this hotel again but as I said not overly impressed with the food.

Let me know if you have any questions or I can help.

Room Tip: All good, swim ups though seem pointless and waste of money to me as located on different level to m...
11 Thank Lowey007
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,935 reviews
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!