Just returned from a fab holiday at the Coral Sea Splash Resort.
The hotel staff cannot do enough for you whilst here we've made so many new friends. Thanks you to the animation team GiGi & Pepsi for entertaining us for 14 nights, Mido and Mario for being brilliant - they seem to work every hour of the day in all the bars! and Ashraf in the lobby bar for just being proper nice :)
The hotel is lovely, we went on every slide and spent lots of time on the flow rider surf simulator. The wave pool and the main pool however are the only ones that are warm this time of year!! the food is good in the hotel, with chunky homemade chips and a wide selection throughout the week. You also get to dine in the American and Asian A La Carte restaurants which are delicious.. make sure u take advantage!
We had a swim up room and were lucky enough to have the sunny side.. make sure you request it before coming on holiday!! The rooms are bigger than I expected and you do get a kettle in your room - take some yorkshire tea with you!!
We went out and about exploring all over Egypt and following advice from friends and the hotel staff we went with First Choice rather than the outside tour operators who we unfortunately saw and heard some nasty stories about. When we were out in Nabq with another family they were very nice, but after getting the family booked on horse riding they took them to a stables where the horses were far from trainned, they were not tame and they kicked a young girl off shattering her arm. Poor thing was in a cast for the rest of the holiday and needless to say the excursion company in question were not helpful what so ever, not even helping with a lift to the hospital.. They may be right outside the hotel and they may talk the talk but all they want in your cash... be warey!
We went on the Sinai by Starlight excursion which was magical and a great way to spend the evening, we went to Luxor by air which is where we saw the real egypt and found all about the ancient egyptians!! and we also went on the Zodiac Dolphin Spotting Speedboat with X from Aquarious! we saw lots of dolphins and even got the chance to snorkle!!
The First Choice reps are so knowledgeable.. If you have a question or a problem they are brilliant in advising you what you can do and also helping out. You'll meet a cheeky Essex boy and his sidekick a wee scottish lassie who will undoubtably save you some time in finding things out for yourself.
A little bit of advice about Nabq - there is a cheeky british pub called the Union Jack not far from the hotel where you can get BACON!!!
All in all we had a fantastic holiday and can't wait to go back again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the dynamic pulse the moment you walk into the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. It is home to the most prestigious aqua park resort in the fashionable Nabq area on the Red Sea. The aqua park entertains guests with: Boomerang and the Speed/Bowl slides. On top of that, you can race down the multi-laner or go for something calmer like the lazy river. But the real big boy has to be the flowrider ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Splash Hotel Nabq Bay
- Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay