$99
$200
  • Pool
$68
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $88/night.

$105
$82
$62
$104
$67
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $76/night.

$202
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

Parrotel Aqua Park(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$42
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $59/night.

$78
$46
$39
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $49/night.

2,850 results
All reviewsamazing holidayfishanimation team arewaterparkexcursionschefssam
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just got back from this place and it is just awesome. There are so many good things about this place; it is perfect.

The resort itself is rather small, especially when compared to it’s “sister”; Coral Sea Holiday Village, the Holiday village has gardens that surround the windy paths to all parts of the resort, whereas the Coral Sea Splash Resort still has the paths and the gardens but nothing more than what is needed.

When I was at the Coral Sea Splash Resort, the lazy river and flow rider was down for maintenance (the lazy river and flow rider have had minor improvements and now the water is heated, still a bit cold though as there is a great volume of water to be heated). I managed to get a go on both the lazy river and flow rider on the last day I was there, the lazy river isn’t great but I think it will be much more enjoyable when the water is finished, as it is currently in the process of being heated. The flow rider is a laugh and is a lot of fun, even more so when you attempt doing tricks such as spins and standing up as it has a tendency to pull your shorts down from the force of the water.

The “Water Park” is a/ the main feature of the resort, it consists of 3 main slides, the Boomerango (a steep slope that you get shot up, with too much weight between the two people on it, it can become a bit dodgy as I found when my legs were pretty much dangling over the top/ end of the slope), the Innertube (this slide isn’t so much fun as it is only one person at a time and there is nothing that really happens other than just spinning around slightly and going through dark bits), the Space Bowl (you go through a dark zone of slide and then get shot out into a massive bowl that you glide round and then get sucked down a small slide to then wiz out into the exit pool). There are four small slides next to the big slides that I have just mentioned, they are not really worth going on when comparing them but they would be more appealing to children (these slides use slippery mats). There also is a zone that is for younger children with tiny slides with water guns next to them for people to get people with and a bucket that tips over often in a shallow pool (the water is absolutely freezing though the slides and the water bucket are separate from each other and not in the same area but still very close).

The wave pool doesn’t produce waves, but instead produces ripples, it is heated and is very nice and warm, almost like bath/ shower temperature warm, making it ideal for the cloudier days and for a bit of chilling out in a pool without having to get really cold. The main pool isn’t massive but is ample size, it too is heated but not to the extent that the wave pool is.

There is only one bar where you can get alcoholic drinks which is located right by the main pool, although there are many fruit juice stations dotted around outside, you can get pretty much whatever drink you want, sometimes the bar staff even walk round with various drinks that you can pick out for yourself without even having to get up at all.

Breakfast was a meal that wasn’t anything special after having it for 7 days+ in my opinion. They served many things such as; eggs (scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, poached egg, fried egg, omelet) all cooked freshly while you waited and looked round for other food, beef bacon, beans (in tomato sauce), hot dog sausages, tomato’s, mushrooms, toast/ bread, falafel (spiced mashed chickpeas or other pulses formed into balls and deep-fried), pancakes, fruit, yogurts, pastries; croissants, donuts, Danish pastries, etc.

There are two areas where you can get food outside at lunch time, every day you can get hotdogs at the bar right by the main pool which are served till around 4:00pm, and near the slides and wave pool there is another area where more food is served, at this food bar the food served from day-to-day varies: beef burgers, strips of beef with peppers and onions (nice but some days the beef can be a bit rubbery), fish fingers (which I loved, and I don’t even like fish), chicken spicy sausages, chicken, lamb kofta, and chips. I was happy enough with getting lunch from there every day as I found it quicker and easier than having to go to the food hall. I went to the food hall one day to see the types of food they served and when compared to the food served at the food bars, the food hall has much more of a variation of food, all very nice, you can even take the food outside if you don’t want to sit down at a table and eat.

For dinner time, the food is really nice and from night-to-night there is a change of theme (food wise), such as: British, seafood, etc. to be honest though most themes didn’t seem to add much difference, maybe one or two different dishes to choose from that the normal but it wasn’t really noticeable. My personal favorite selections to have for dinner being pizza (with many toppings to choose from: ham, jalapenos, mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic base pizza, and of course mozzarella cheese, etc.) and the pasta station serving spaghetti bolognaise, again, with various bits to add to it. The food can start to become a bit repetitive after about a week of having the same thing every night, but if you mix up what you eat it wont, there are massive amounts of food to choose from. The deserts were fabulous, it was evident how much detail had been put into making the deserts, and the plates they were placed on had been decorated with swirls of strawberry and other flavored/ colored sauce which creates things such as camels, trees, etc. The desserts themselves range from chocolate brownies to rice pudding (served both hot and cold), they are all very tasty and keep you going up for more and more.

The Asian restaurant is brilliant, everything I ate there was so nice and the standards of food there are very, very high. All my family loved their meal; there is a range of spicy meals (unfortunately they can be too spicy and blow your head off, as my eight year-old brother found out, it still didn’t manage to beat him though), vegetarian meals (limited options for vegetarians though), and non-spicy meals. Some of my family had the chicken dish for their main course and it was far too hot, and they usually love having spicy meals, I had the spring rolls as a starter, you get two and they are very small, but very tasty. For main course I had crispy duck with pancakes, the pancakes were very thick (almost like pitta bread thick) and the duck was great, better than the duck at the restaurants back here at home. I did not have desert so I cannot really comment on that, although I did see deserts coming out and they looked delicious. My family ate in the American restaurant prior to my arrival and they said that there was nothing American about it other than the fact they wear cowboy-like jackets, they didn’t like the food in there either.

The staff at this resort are absolutely fantastic, I think that the staff always make a massive impact on how much you enjoy your stay somewhere. They are always happy to go out of their way, yes, you are expected to tip (but you are not obliged to tip) in most cases but they still do a great job (whether you tip/ or not) and put in a lot of effort and are very friendly. I have never really become proper friends with staff at hotels/ resorts before, but at this resort a lot of the staff here aren’t just “staff” they are great people.

All of my family became friends with the animation team: Kerry, Kelly, Luke, GiGi, and Pepsi. I also made friends with some other members of staff in the animation team: Kieran and Mimo (who unfortunately left/ got moved for whatever reasons). There did seem to be problems with the animation team when we were out there as there was a lot of staff transfers and at least a whole teams-worth was moved within the space of just two weeks, usually they move very rarely, after (I believe) 8-12 month in a single resort.

The pool/ towel staff by the main pool are a laugh, we had many pool fights with them (in a friendly nature), it was all good fun. One day me and my family decided for no reason what-so-ever just to catch all of the staff by the pool and chuck them in towards the end of the day, it was hilarious, we ended up getting about 5-6 staff members in. On our last day we decided to try and chuck all the animation team in, that was fun; they too are all up for a laugh. The animation staff don’t just stop once the day is over; various types of shows (belly dancers, men that spin round endless amounts of times), brilliant magicians, discos, bingo, quizzes, etc. For the adults that like to go out at night and don’t wish to stay in the resort for entertainment; the animation team sometimes go to nightclubs, some I believe to be very good (international nightclubs) and can sometimes offer VIP invites to the people that tag along with the animation team. The nightclubs that the animation team goes to are apparently busy with other guests and animation teams from other resorts dotted all around Sharm El Sheikh. If you know you would want to go clubbing with the team but you also know that you may want to go back to the resort early then I’m sure at least one member of the animation team would walk back/ get a taxi back with you (as they told my friend). If/ when you walk out of the resort (in either direction), it is almost guaranteed that you will get hassled by taxi drivers and shop owners. Many people find it very annoying and as a result they don’t want to go outside of the resort. I don’t find it much of a problem to be honest, all you have to do is say “no”, or just simply ignore them. It is definitely worth getting out there and getting hassled a bit if you are planning to go and see the beach with all the resorts on the beachfront or if you are planning to go snorkeling. Once you walk out of the resort, cross the road and you will find a big path with empty shops, which takes you straight down to the beachfront, you get a slight bit of hassle from time to time even when walking on the beachfront path with quad biking driving sessions for sale (bare in mind that they may be offering cheaper prices when compared to some of the other companies but their quads don’t seem to be in great condition and I am unsure of how safe the tours are with them), and “souvenirs” (all of which is normally really tacky), the path that runs along the side of the beach goes on for a very long time (to the right), it took us about a good hour and a half to walk down the big path which is beach side and then turn right and keep going and eventually get to the end of the row of resorts and back again.

We found an English bar called the Bus Stop which situated on the main road-just turn left out of the complex (about ten minutes walk). There is free Wi-Fi (all they ask is that you buy drink whilst there), internet tablets (ipads), laptops, Xbox 360 (with Kinect), PlayStation 3, pool table (although it was in a terrible state), dart board (with no darts that were throw-able). They also had sheiks pipes (with all different flavors, at a small cost).

As I mentioned on my review of the Coral Sea Holiday Village, the Tropical Grand Azure’s jetty is very good to go off as it is leads you off right by the drop off as apposed to having to walk/ swim half way past all the coral and potentially cutting yourself quite nastily. One of the men that work on the end of the jetty when you get up there is called Hammy and usually is wearing a black wetsuit with a cap on, if you want to have almost guaranteed access when you want to their jetty it will be a wise idea to tip him, he even walked out with me, my dad, my brother, and my friend to tell us exactly where the best places are to see the best fish. The big tip to remember when you are planning to go snorkeling is to look at the sea before you walk all the way up the immeasurably long jetty, if you notice rippling and white ripples out there then it is probably too rough for any good fish and you will find only a handful of fish out there and the water may be very dark. Check the tide because that too makes a massive difference to the ease of getting to the drop off (even if it is only a couple of meters from The Grand Azure’s jetty)

Our group (family and friends) booked quad biking again like we done last time we went to Sharm El Sheikh with a different company. We all felt that this time it was better than the last time we went quading in Sharm (two years ago), the guide was better at telling us facts and his English was very good. He became more lenient towards the end of the trip after we asked if we could start to mess around a bit more, letting us overtake each other and go slightly faster speeds. We stopped for Bedouin tea (most quad biking tours do), and the guide told us many interesting facts about Egyptian/ Muslim culture and the ways of how Bedouin people live, etc. The pricing is very reasonable; it cost us about £20 a single quad, £30 for a double which is similar to most prices of other reputable quad companies. They offered us £20 a quad, as there were many of us. I would 100% recommend this tour with Sinai Safari Adventures!

We were going to go stargazing but we decided that it wasn’t for us after hearing that it was boring and it was nothing special. Although, people we met at the resort said differently, that it was really good and they even went for a second time, so the thoughts on it seem to be very mixed.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my review and if you have any questions regarding the Coral Sea Splash Resort, you are welcome to pm me.

Room Tip: I don't think it really matters where your room is as the complex is so small.
18  Thank BillyJP
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This hotel is amazing, the rooms are fab and spacious, there was more than enough room for 2 adults, 2 children aged 9 & 10 and our 15month baby.
Don't take any notice of bad reviews on food or anything else, i think they are just being picky, as we could not fault any of it.
The staff and animation team were friendly and would always be happy to help or advise and they were a;ll amazing with the children. My 2 older children especially loved Kelly from the animation team and Mario the waiter would always be there with another drink for you and they always remember what you drink!!
The slides were all good fun and i think you get used to the pools being cold but the main and wave pool are heated so not really an issue and the cold water certainly didn't bother the kids!!
We are planning on going back next year but will book for 2 weeks as 1 is just not enough!! And if you go on any excursions go to Falcon Adventures, which is about 2 mins away from the hotel, Max and Sied were so helpful and friendly.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a family room which was absolutely huge and was more like a 3 bed apartment!! We stayed in room 1202 which had the sun all day so try and get a room this side!!
5  Thank Sam L
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I think Zoya H (below) must have been at a different hotel from the rest of us. We share the views of many here that the hotel and staff were amazing. We were pleasantly surprised on seeing our room for the first time, very clean,spacious and the swim up pool ,although a bit chilly was still used by all of us.
A big thank you goes out to the animation team, Gigi,Luke,Kelly, and Pepsi for helping make this holiday enjoyable. Another star was Kerry who entertained all the kids.As the hotel offered such a safe environment we were content to leave the kids to their own devices while we soaked up the rays.
A special mention for 'X' from Aquarius diving who arranged various watersports and parasailing, all at fantastic rates. He also gave great advice regarding scuba diving for my son who has asthma, and was willing to arrange medical assessment with a specialist medic to enable him to carry out this activity safely.
Very attentive waiting/bar staff in all areas, particular thanks to Sam at the wave pool and Nabil at the main pool- our drinks were replenished frequently without asking throughout the day, and although we tipped there was absolutely no pressure to do so.
A la carte restaraunts worth a visit, we enjoyed both equally. The main buffet was well thought out with something for everyone, there were no queues generally, occasionally a minimal wait for eggs/pancakes etc in morning.
All in all we enjoyed this holiday so much that we have already booked again for next February!
Bob, Mandie, Robbie and Harry xx

Room Tip: Swim up rooms sunny side 2101 - 2112. Sunny side room main pool 5101 - 5112.
5  Thank BobandMandie
Reviewed February 9, 2012

got back 3rd of feb with my fiance and our 9 year old boy after two weeks at this hotel,loved every minute,we had a swim up up room that was lovely but very cold and we was on the sunny side at that,thats my only fault,the ouhotel was ace,the staff are so friendly and cant do enough for you and are ace with kids,it was safe for our boy to have a little more freedom than at home which he loved.The animation team made are holiday and they all work so hard to keep everyone entertained day and night,we even won mr and mrs one night,we were on the stage alot having fun,never laughed so much,im still singing chocolatte song,a big thanku to kelly,gi gi,luke,pepsi and kerry for making our holiday special and fun,kerry will entertain tthe kids and they will love her,the waiters fill you drinks up and really look after you,they dont earn much and work very hard so tip them well if you can,Nabil is a top waiter and he will look after you,cant remember all tthe names but they all are fun and friendly,we are definitely going back soon.Food fantastic,the Asian restaurant was absolutely beautiful and my birthday very special,they sang with all the waiters and even chefs came to the table with the cake,so if you have a birthday coming up while you are there let them know and they will make it very special,last but not least Mani the hotels photographer took some ,amazing photos,you dont have to buy them but you will want to,great photos and memories,no tummy bugs no bites just LOVELY!You lucky people who are on there way to Coral Sea Splash,out of ten we would give it a 9,happy hoildays!!

7  Thank Dazkazkyle
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Have just come back from my first package holiday in many years with my fiance....and it was amazing!!! We booked to go for a week (which we regret, would of been nice to go for 2) and enjoyed every minute of it. The food was fantastic with no queues for anything, and all seemed quite healthy if picked correctly. For women who love bags, dont pack many clothes, I spent all money I had taken with me on fantastic look-a-likey handbags which now looking at on the official websites would cost around £1000 each. Made great presents and put big smiles on my face. Also fake GHD straighteners which work exactly the same for about £20. (The shop in the hotel is no more expensive than outside).
The staff were lovely and the animation team got you involved in everything. My fiance is one to get involved in everything so he went off playing water polo and football whilst I relaxed in the sun.
TOP TIPS:
1.TAKE HAIRDRYER AS NOT ONE SUPPLIED
2.SAY "NO" TO THE SPA REPS STRAIGHT AWAY, OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE HASSLED THE WHOLE TIME
3.TAKE WARMER CLOTHES TO WEAR DURING THE NIGHT, AND SOMETIMES IN DAY IF GOING AROUND THIS TIME OF YEAR
4.BOOK TRIPS FROM FALCONE ADVENTURES (out of hotel, turn left on other side of road) NOT THOMSON
5.BARTER FOR EVERYTHING, YOU WILL GET IT ALOT CHEAPER IF YOU DO (or buy more than one thing from the shop and barter a good price)

Room Tip: Request a room around the main pool on the right hand side (the sunny side) but this was out of season, may be noisy in the summer months
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple