We’ve just come back from a week’s stay at The Cleopatra Luxury Resort in Sharm el Sheikh and it was absolutely fabulous! The hotel is immaculate and very plush. The 2 pools are wonderful and the views are stunning. The grounds are beautifully kept as is the hotel. We spent all but 1 day by the infinity pool and just enjoyed relaxing in beautiful surroundings. The staff were very helpful and friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. The pool boys were lovely and enjoyed chatting. We had lunch at the Beach bar a few times, a couple of times it was poolside service. We didn’t find the service slow – it took as long as it should to cook our food.
We went into Naama Bay one night and it was an experience to say the least! It was good fun but we didn’t go back as it wasn’t what we wanted from our holiday - to be surrounded by typical badly dressed and badly behaved tourists. This is where a lot of the All Inclusive hotels are based and you can tell. We read the Trip Advisor reviews before we booked our holiday and chose The Cleopatra Luxury Resort because it was a good 20 min taxi ride away from Naama Bay and it wasn’t in a busy area. It was so nice to have a few shops outside the back of the hotel that you could walk to in the evening and to be able to sit and watch the evening entertainment whilst having a relaxed drink in the hotel.
If you are the kind of person that wants to go in to Naama Bay each night then you shouldn’t be staying in a luxury hotel like The Cleopatra as it’s not for that type of person. Why are people complaining about the low key entertainment and that nothing is going on – it’s not supposed to be like every other hotel in Sharm, it’s much better! We thought the food was great and there was plenty of choice in the Market Restaurant each night. We ate in the Italian one night which was amazing! Ok it wasn’t a la carte as stated on the website but the set menu was fab. We wanted to eat in the fish restaurant but didn’t manage it – next time we will as the it overlooks the sea.
Yes the service was pretty slow for drinks at mealtimes but I honestly think it’s because it’s a new hotel and they’re finding their feet. What’s the rush for drinks anyway – you’re on holiday! Unless the hotel is given constructive criticism about these things they won’t know so perhaps it’s kinder to tell the hotel rather than moan about it on Trip Advisor ........
My husband and I are stunned at the bad reviews as we can honestly say it was a wonderful holiday and we will be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay