My family and friends stayed in Sharm at the Cleopatra Resort for 7 nights during the Christmas Break. Overall, the resort had a friendly atmosphere and it was a very decent place to reside.
However, there are a few points that could have made our stay that extra bit more enjoyable and small improvements that could make a whole lot of difference.
Firstly on arrival, the front of house staff were friendly and helpful and we were offered a refreshment which was very nice, but it did take approximately 10 minutes for them to show us to our room as we were waiting around for a buggy.
Secondly, once we got to the room, it wasn’t the cleanest (dusty) and our kitchenette was not kitted with the utensils as it stated on their website. We did mention this to the front of house staff and they did sort this issue within a few hours which was good. Generally, the rooms are spacious and modern as they are relatively new.
Thirdly, it was very difficult to communicate with the staff working in the market place as the majority of them did not understand English. We had to ask a few times for something before anything was done about it if that, as sometimes we didn’t even get a response. However, there was one manager that did look after our group for the majority of our stay (whose name I can’t remember!) which was really responsive to our needs. Variety of food for vegetarians wasn’t the greatest but the chefs were very helpful when we asked them to point out which foods were suitable for us.
On a positive note, Our room cleaner Ibraham was great and left our room in a perfect condition every day. He introduced himself to us on our first full day at resort and was very responsive to our needs.
We used the spa on 2 different occasions, once for a full body massage and once for a mani-pedi treatment. The treatments themselves were of a good standard and the staff were pleasant, however upgrading the surroundings and equipment that was used would benefit greatly.
The hotel did help us arrange for a birthday cake as we were celebrating 2 birthdays during our stay. The WHOLE animation team and the market place staff were great to us and helped us celebrate the birthdays on both occasions which was perfect.
The entertainment provided by the animation team during the day at the pool (water polo, belly dancing, darts competitions and stretches/ yoga) and in the evenings on the terrace (shows, karaoke etc.) was loads of fun. The whole team would ensure you get involved, make you feel welcome and were always friendly towards us whenever we saw them especially Carla, Fares and Rico.
We had a wonderful Christmas at the resort – the entertainment provided for the evening as well as the gala dinner was exceptional and one we will not forget.
To sum up, we all had an amazing holiday and would definitely return to Sharm again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Prestigia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay