“Christmas in Sharm at Cleopatra Luxury Resort”

Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My family and friends stayed in Sharm at the Cleopatra Resort for 7 nights during the Christmas Break. Overall, the resort had a friendly atmosphere and it was a very decent place to reside.
However, there are a few points that could have made our stay that extra bit more enjoyable and small improvements that could make a whole lot of difference.

Firstly on arrival, the front of house staff were friendly and helpful and we were offered a refreshment which was very nice, but it did take approximately 10 minutes for them to show us to our room as we were waiting around for a buggy.
Secondly, once we got to the room, it wasn’t the cleanest (dusty) and our kitchenette was not kitted with the utensils as it stated on their website. We did mention this to the front of house staff and they did sort this issue within a few hours which was good. Generally, the rooms are spacious and modern as they are relatively new.
Thirdly, it was very difficult to communicate with the staff working in the market place as the majority of them did not understand English. We had to ask a few times for something before anything was done about it if that, as sometimes we didn’t even get a response. However, there was one manager that did look after our group for the majority of our stay (whose name I can’t remember!) which was really responsive to our needs. Variety of food for vegetarians wasn’t the greatest but the chefs were very helpful when we asked them to point out which foods were suitable for us.

On a positive note, Our room cleaner Ibraham was great and left our room in a perfect condition every day. He introduced himself to us on our first full day at resort and was very responsive to our needs.
We used the spa on 2 different occasions, once for a full body massage and once for a mani-pedi treatment. The treatments themselves were of a good standard and the staff were pleasant, however upgrading the surroundings and equipment that was used would benefit greatly.
The hotel did help us arrange for a birthday cake as we were celebrating 2 birthdays during our stay. The WHOLE animation team and the market place staff were great to us and helped us celebrate the birthdays on both occasions which was perfect.
The entertainment provided by the animation team during the day at the pool (water polo, belly dancing, darts competitions and stretches/ yoga) and in the evenings on the terrace (shows, karaoke etc.) was loads of fun. The whole team would ensure you get involved, make you feel welcome and were always friendly towards us whenever we saw them especially Carla, Fares and Rico.
We had a wonderful Christmas at the resort – the entertainment provided for the evening as well as the gala dinner was exceptional and one we will not forget.

To sum up, we all had an amazing holiday and would definitely return to Sharm again!

Room Tip: We stayed in cluster 9 where the family suits are situated. Location was good as it was right next t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

First let me thank you for visiting Cleopatra luxury Resort and thank you for sharing your comments and experience on TripAdvisor
Thank you for your review and for choosing to spend your Christmas with us.and let us sharing your Birthday ..

all your comments will be taken in our considerations.

looking to welcome you again soon.
all the best

There are newer reviews for Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have just returned from staying at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort in Sharm and had a wonderful time... in fact we wanted to extend our holiday from 10 days to 14 but were unable to get flights.

Lots of people have given lots of tips and so I wanted to just say about the atmosphere at the Cleopatra. We have travelled to Egypt 7 times and this is only one of two hotels we would return to. The staff are so friendly and fun and i shed a tear when leaving. We plan to go back next year and are in the process of getting prices.

We didnt do alot other than relax due to lots going on at home and we needed a chill down. The all inclusive is one of the best we have experienced outside the caribbean and the cocktails lovely (expecially the ones made by Alaa every afternoon at the swimup bar :).

The staff at the lobby bar were lovely, attentive and good fun and we enjoyed spending a few hours there every night before and after dinner.

Mohammed the breakfast and pool bar chef became a favourite also and Steve (my husband) enjoyed his omelette prepared every breakfast by him.

For lunch we ate at the beach bar which was lovely looking out to sea and Tiran Island and the food here was freshly prepared and lots of it (after 2 days we ended up sharing a meal every lunch hour !).

Hisham could always be found working hard and yet finding time to make sure everything was just perfect for us and we enjoyed his company and will keep in contact. I have included him in my photos and the management should be very proud that you have such good staff working for you.

We made some good friends at The Cleopatra and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good clean well presented hotel with a good variety of food, very good entertainment staff and very good management and general staff. I think it was the staff and friendliness of them that made this holiday extra special and why i would return.

5  Thank Bristolblond
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Bristolblond,
warmest regards from Sharm El Sheikh - Red Sea,

Thank you for your review and I am very happy to read that we were able to make your first experience of Egypt Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh a pleasant one, especially at such a special time of year. Thank you for your kind words and your recommendations.
We will pass your nice comments to Mohamed, Hisham, Entertainment and all managements.

look forward to welcoming you back next time as our returning guests.
All the best,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just returned after staying here for Christmas and New year, the rooms are very spacious and toiletries supplied daily, we also had dressing gowns and slippers supplied and 2 bottles of water every day along with tea and coffee and creamers, if you prefer milk you can purchase a carton from the shop and keep in the fridge. The hotel has areas where you can relax in the sun and read a book all day or an activity pool which is heated where all the entertainment is. The staff go above and beyond to make sure all guests are having an enjoyable time and can not do enough for you. Mohammed who brings drinks around the infinity pool is amazing he gets to know what you drink and just brings them up every half hour, he even knew what time we liked to have a cup of tea/coffee instead of a cold drink and every day brought that to us at the same time. Hisham the bar manager was fantastic as was Karem who managed the restaurant areas. There are too many people to mention because from front office right the way through every department we could not find any fault with anything or anyone. Christmas eve the gala dinner was above and beyond all expectations, the staff worked so hard and the food was amazing, this was again repeated on New Years Eve and although all staff had worked a lot of extra hours and looked tired they were just so happy that it had been such a success.
I used the spa for a facial and massage and the staff in there were great but prices a little high considering the spa is just a wooden building on the beach with no other facilities. The 2 a la carte restaurants you can use once each week and this made a nice change, both restaurants having a nice relaxing atmosphere and are waiter service. I have never returned back to a hotel but feel I will be making an exception with this one and hope to return for Christmas next year.

2  Thank kazza22

Dear kazza22,
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.
Thank you for your review and for choosing to spend your Christmas with us at Cleopatra Luxury Resort . Thank you also for your special mentions of Mohamed , Hisham & Karim for their efforts will not go unnoticed.

I am very happy you have had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you for your return visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time in case I could be of any assistance.

all the best.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We searched long and hard on TripAdvisor looking for the best reviewed Hotel in Sharm El Sheik.
We are so glad that we Chose the Cleopatra Luxury Resort.
On our arrival at the airport we were picked up by the Hotels Limousine service for a small charge. He provided us each with a bottle of water for our journey to the Hotel ( about 10 minutes ). When we got to reception we were all served with a Welcome drink and then taken to our room in a Golfing cart( our daughter loved this ).
Our accommodation was fantastic. The room was huge and was cleaned everyday and a large bottle of water was provided daily too.

We ate at the Market place most of the time. Always a good choice of food to suit everyone and the staff were amazing.

Ahmed Zakaria was our favourite waiter in the Market Place. He went out of his way to make you feel special and was such a laugh to be around ! He worked very hard !

Mohammed was also an amazing waiter. He worked in the Beach bar and Grill and never stopped all day ! Bringing drinks to the beach and around the pool. He always remembered what we drank too. ( the weather was so hot but he never stopped !!! )

The animation team were really good ! They knew how to have a laugh with the children and got them involved with the activities. The only thing I think the Hotel could improve on is an animation programme that they could provide guests with on arrival. We missed out on a few things as we didn't know what was happening/times of activities etc. Reco was hilarious !

The Jetty was fantastic. We went nearly everyday for a jump into the coral life. Our daughter bought an underwater case for her iPhone and took some amazing footage. So many colourful fish to see !

The weather was brilliant, about 26 degrees throughout our stay. You needed something to cover up your arms on an evening if you are sat outside though.

We absolutely loved the hotel and the fantastic service from all the staff. We don't know how they remembered everyone's names in the hotel ?! Very impressive !

We stayed from the 19th - 30th December and was so sad that we didn't stay for the New Years Eve Party.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sharm El Sheik and will stay here next time we come !

Thank you for a wonderful Christmas Cleopatra !

Happy New Year X

Room Tip: We upgraded to a bigger room with a sea view. It was lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Emma M

Dear Emma M,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing to spend your Christmas with us. Thank you also for your special mentions of Mohamed, Ahmed & animation team , their efforts will not go unnoticed.

Best regards.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went to the Cleopatra after so many great reviews and went through Thomas cook 21st to 28th December. We paid £850 per person half board and had to have a garden view promo room and could not upgrade ( what is a promo room its not on the hotel website ? ). So I sent the hotel an e-mail asking for a high garden view room.Well when we arrived tired after the unpleasant Monarch flight the staff took us to a ground floor room with a few meters of grass and a high wall from our patio. I told them I asked for a high garden room and they said that this is the promo room that we have booked and that our alternative was to pay 140$ UD dollars for an upgrade to a sea view suite. Which we did the room was a little bigger and the view was excellent 6201 and quiet away from the loud music of the heated pool. The hotel was around 20% occupied when we arrived on 21st we put this as the reason the quality of the food in the market was cheap food dressed up to look decorative lots of vegetables with the odd piece of mince meat or fish in it. On 24th the Gala dinner was excellent with quality food and the rest of the week the food was fine now the hotel is around 40% full. What caused bad feeling with us is that they never gave us a garden view room on the 1st or 2nd floor as there were so many empty rooms all week it seems the hotel policy to give guests these low rooms with no out look with the hope to pay the extra £100 for the sea view rooms. The grounds of the hotel are nice and so are the pools and beach only being half board we were told by several staff for us to eat in the Italian or fish restaurants it would cost us a minimum of £20 per person this is UK pound not Egyptian and more for expensive dishes. The waiters are nice and polite and so geared up to all inclusive guests that are brought wine in a carafe that when I ordered a bottle of wine off the wine list when they found it the wine came out after 15 minutes but another 20 minutes passed with no one pulling the cork for me by this time I was on my desert and told the management to take it back that I don't want it now and not to bill me for it. The next night all was ok as they found the cork screw. If they had told me this on the night I would of got my Swiss army knife from my room to pull the cork.
Well will we return to the Cleopatra ?. ( NO )
Will fly Monarch again ?. (NO)

Dear RuggerMiltonKeynes,
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write your summery about your recent experience here.
Regarding to room issue , we would like to inform you have booked the lowest room category however we allowed you firstly in a superior room which is on next category and you were for dulux room which is 10 meters bigger with front sea view , you agreed and you even sign the agreement request form , by the way the hotel over 50% occupancy while you were here, and any request subject to hotel availability .

We hope to welcome you again soon in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Have just returned from 16 nights at this hotel and from the time we entered hotel to the time we left it has been a pleasure and delight , firstly I would like to thank all for a wonderfull xmas holiday the effort that was put in by all staff was amazing . The animation team Carla Tessa fares Rico momo mamo kaba , eko. What a great animation team not a day passed without there smiling faces miss you already , a big thank you to wallied in the market restaruant , such a pleasant gentleman looked after us so well . A big thank you to you and all the staff in the the restaruant al so helpfull and pleasant , a big thank you to saber our housekeeper room 1106 done a great job very pleasant young man . I would also like to thank the doctor on site who attended my friend Francis when she was not well and we had to attend hospital a big thank you . The hotel is beautiful had no problems with food only that I put on weight grounds and pool area ,s lovely the gala for xmas eve was amazing well done to all we missed the new year but the effort that was being put into that was unbelievable , and was very sad to leave so next time will do the new year I never normally go to same hotel but cleopatra you are the exception and I will be returning in the near future 7 th time in sharm , beach bar grill excellant emad salah emad thank you for your smiling faces and service nothing to much trouble .
So I will now close to say that the staff at this hotel are fantastic always smiling and can't do enough for you they are a credit to your establishment . I wish you all a fantastic new year and hope to be back soon
Sorry forgot to mention Tito at the pool thank you for being so attentive to me and Francis beds and umbrella in position as soon as he saw us that's what you call service hairdresser in spa excellant Francis was very pleased

Joan & Francis

A

Room Tip: Room 1106 central to everything people have said this was a noisy area. Sorry have to disagree sle...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joan B
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Joan & Francis,

Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are so happy to hear that we were up to your expectations and that you had such a great x mas holiday with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and most of all the hospitality of our Staff.

Recognition is very important to us and we hope to always be up to your expectations!

And thank you for visiting Cleopatra luxury Resort and thank you for sharing your comments and experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to welcome you again soon in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Trip Advisor Review

Firstly I want to say that we had a great holiday, the staff to a certain degree are very attentive but there are big inconsistencies in this throughout the resort. In theory the resort has potential to truly be 5* but in our opinion as seasoned travellers (who have stayed in good 5* star hotels around the world) isn’t really ‘quite’ there. There are many wonderful point about the resort and a handful of niggles they need to work on to really own that 5* status as listed below.
The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport so the transfer time is minimal (this also has a slight downside of planes flying over frequently on some days though.
The resort and grounds are clean and well maintained including all the pool area’s and there are 4 pools in total, 2 with swim up bars, although one is for the guests with prestige accommodation.
The waiters serve the bar area frequently, getting to know favourite drinks/cocktails for the guests and Mohammed who works in the Beach Grill & Bar and services the Sun Terrace above is excellent and stood out by far for best customer service.
They have their own beach and beds are all supplied with Wind protectors, umbrella’s and tables.
The accommodation is made up from hotel rooms in main complex and clusters of chalet style apartments which are well maintained and decorated stylishly.
There are 3 restaurants, the main one serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in buffet style but they last time you can get food is 9pm. The Fellini is the Italian and Red Sea Wharf is the fish restaurant and open on alternative nights (I will come back to talking about all 3 shortly).
They have a onsite Photographer who will give you a 20 min photo shoot with no obligation to buy photo’s, our shoot took around 45 mins and the results quite frankly were pretty damn good as we bought 23 of them, although thought we would be lucky to get 4 at time of booking. Highly recommended but be careful to check if buying photo’s on CD as we got home and reviewed the CD and found that we paid/been charged for 3 that were duplicates!
The resort have their own car service that can transport you places at a low cost, and had this offered to us at the point we thought our paid transfer with Bright Sky Travel wasn’t arriving, teh cost was €25 for 6 of us to the Airport.
Their Animation (entertainment team) are pretty top notch, they could quite easily be the hardest working team in Egypt! They entertained around the pool from 10-4pm, then again in the evenings and made Christmas Eve a hilarious night! They also organise trips outside the resort to Soho Square, and Hard Rock Cafe and rally the troops around 11pm to go clubbing to 3am ....if you have the stamina. Entertainments varies from Karaoke, to shows, Bingo, Snake shows, adult and children games...every night something different and if you have children, the resort is totally child friendly with the most amazing Female child entertainer ( Eva we think her name was).
Reception /Lobby Bar Decor is very nice, and disabled friendly and they have bar situated here too serving you cocktails, teas and coffee on comfy sofa’s and also outside balcony area for warmer nights.
If you leave the resort, you have a parade of shops within 1 minute of leaving hotel to the left and locals are friendly, will offer you good prices and you can still barter them down to get real bargains.
The same to the right, within 5 minutes is a larger parade of shops to browse in and good deals to be found.
On the whole we left the resort relaxed but I do want to leave a fair and honest review so will highlight some of the slightly negative experiences too, if only to help the hotel up their game to really own that 5* rating.
Upgraded chalets/rooms should come with King-size beds as we had one the upgraded rooms, Pool & Sea view we still had 2 small doubles that we had to rearrange the chalet to push them together and slept in one as it was uncomfortable with a hard ridge between us. However I do have to say the beds are comfortable and although very cosy sharing 1 double we sleep better than we have in many 5 star hotels.
The rooms don’t allow the temperature to go above 20c and on cold windy nights this means Chalets are cold, although we were offered extra duvets on the bed to warm us when sleeping.
Closing time in restaurants is an issue, we did a couple of excursions and got back just before 9pm and had to grab all 3 courses at once before it was cleared away at 9pm, they really need to consider keeping them open until 10pm, especially competiting with others hotels having a restaurant open to 11pm! The last booking the Italian and fish restaurant takes is 8pm and we were still trying to eat 5 courses at 9:15pm and the restaurant was just bringing out desserts whilst mains were still being eaten. It also has to be said that the staff are not very welcoming at all to you in both restaurants and I don’t know if that is because all inclusive guests get to dine there once as complimentary during the week, but we even bought from a bottle from premium wine list in Italian and service was worse there than Fish restaurant where we didn’t!
Food quality – is very much “average on the verge of poor”, yes they are cooking on mass and no buffet experience is guaranteed to be good every time due to peoples tastes, but the fish was always over cooked (always un-named too so you never knew exactly what fish it was), the vegetarian options were also very limited and dry and sometimes not even vegetarian at all! So please be careful what you are eating!
Breakfast, they need two toasters as one serving hundreds of customers is daft especially when you have to toast the bread 2-3 times. One bowl of Jam across whole2.5 hour serving is ridiculous, some days you couldn’t get Jam at all. One day they even ran out of cups/mugs/plates/ glasses...it was chaos as they were taking peoples crockery off tables before people were finished to try to fix the issue. If you order an omelette, then be aware that it will be lacking on the filling as they are very stingy with literally a few mushrooms etc thrown in, so few you have to search for the filling when eating!
Waves Discoclub never seemed to be opened when you expected it to be and that included Christmas Eve when they even had it on the program for the night!
In the Pilli, Pilli Pub they allow people to smoke inside so if you want to go in there and it is the late night bar you end up surrounded in fumes....like the old days in the UK years ago!
The rooms say they offer Internet – well only if you have a laptop and not tablet as it is a cable and then the signal is so weak you cannot get online! Wifi if available in the lobby bar/reception but bandwidth isn’t fast. They really do need to get Wifi sorted and even if it is charged in rooms that is better than what they have now.
Cleopatra Beauty Spa – Well we looked in the hotel sight and it didn’t mention there were facilities yet Expedia and other sites had a tick to say there were amenities available. It is there and based on the beach but not owned by the hotel, it is log style cabins and the staff are friendly but don’t all speak English making it challenging sometimes to communicate! If you go for the Cleopatra package, a body scrub/wrap, facial and massage be prepared for it barely being a facial (you have a face mask put on you and that is it) and you wont get asked at the start if you have any allergies to oils, nuts etc Also be prepared to walk into what can only be described as a shower cubical that is something like using the Municipal Football pitch shower rooms (So I am told!). It wasn’t pleasant to say the least and the shower is handheld and they are rather grotty.
The rooms, have large showers but no baths.....each to their own preference but to have time to take a bath is a holiday treat for us usually. The showers maybe could do with better cleaning too, so whilst our wasn’t filthy there was room for improvement and the same went for other area’s of house-keeping. If the cleaner spent less time, irritating us by moving and rearranging our toiletries and belongings (sometimes taking you 2 days to find again) and more time sweeping and dusting that would be much better.
Reception staff, there was a 50% chance you get someone friendly and helpful when you approached then and you would expect if you booked a breakfast box and 3:45am alarm call that it was in the system, it was only because our pick-up time was changed to 4:15am that we found out that our alarm call wasn’t going to happen. This could have cost us £340 on a trip to Cairo we would have missed.
Going to Egypt for us was a great experience and we will return next Christmas for sure, would we recommend The Cleopatra Luxury resort – yes we would, would we return, possibly but I think next year we will try to find a bonifide 5 star rated hotel first.
Tips for first time visitors to Egypt
Top Tip – is take plenty of cash, this country doesn’t allow you to use credit cards freely if you want a good price and then will charge you their 3% charges.
Second Tip, if you go on any excursions and the guide asks if it is your 1st time, tell a white lie and say “no!” That way you stand less chance get ripped off when you are taken to places they choose to take you too to shop (where the are claiming up to 60% cuts of what you spend). If so you are in a stronger position to get a bargain. We only got caught out once ourselves and are still happy with the purchase as it is unique hand-painted picture, but friends got ripped off on Perfumes/Pictures by overpaying by 100-150%, we realised when we went shopping locally the following day. Even the locals tell you to tell anyone you have been 10 times so you can get the best prices.
My Last tip is to avoid a minibus transfer from airport as your luggage ends up on the roof of the bus (in all weathers) and what is worse is that you are expected to help lift then up and down, so unless you want a workout lifting 20kg suitcases above your head, get a taxi transfer! And to avoid Bright Sky or Blue Sky Tours for the transfer....

Room Tip: Cluster 4 onwards would be quiet if you don't want noise from hotel and pool and make sure you r...
4  Thank kareninkent

Dear Bettsy K,
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh,

Thank you so much for your valued time you spent to evaluate our hotel and its service as it is really useful for us to improve our service . All what you wrote is really appreciated by the hotel management and will be seriously taken into consideration . However we want to go through what you wrote above .

Re the upgraded rooms , some of them have king size bed and some others have twins bed and when the guest asks for room upgrade we offer them the available , I ,mean it is subject to the hotel availability . Beds can be joined to be one bed upon guest request . Our room beds are very comfortable as you already mentioned in your review

We have a central A/C , but in the same time it can be controlled from the A/C board inside the room. But due to the cold weather outside in the time you have been here made it difficult to achieve a high degree .

As for The closing time of the restaurant now , it is winter time so the sun set is at 17:00 and we open the restaurants at 18:30 for dinner till 21:00 which means 2 hours and half .In summer time we extend it till 21:30 as the sun set is at about 18:00 . We did not have any complaints from guests regarding this issue specially upon arrival every guest gets all information about opening and closing of outlets in his or her own language . We are also flexible and in case guest is going outside and will not be able to catch dinner he can just inform reception desk and we can send him late dinner in the room free of charge .

As for the WIFI , it already advertised on our web site and in the info sheet that was given to all tour operator that WIFI is available only in the lobby area and in the room internet is through a cable . However we are working now to cover all the hotel with WIFI .

All the rest of comments will be taken into our serious consideration .

We hope to see you again at our resort .
All the Best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#25 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!