“Just one word... Fantastic!”

Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We've been to Sharm a number of times but this hotel is by far the best we have stayed at. Due to a booking problem caused by our travel agent (nothing to do with the hotel) we arrived at 10PM on our first night and the staff had no idea who we were but, in my opinion, this is what sorts the exceptional from the good... without hesitation we were given our all inclusive wrist bands, shown to our most luxurious room and treated like long lost friends. The fact that at that time the hotel had no idea if we'd even paid to be there was simply not an issue and we were made to feel welcome and safe in the knowledge that this was their problem to sort out and not ours!
The following 14 days were just perfect relaxing by their awesome infinity pool and being waited on hand and foot. So keen were they to keep our glasses full that I had to start drinking water after the tenth day for fear of needing a liver transplant upon my return to the UK.
On the odd occasion that browning ourselves in the 39 degree heat became too much, there was plenty to do away from the quiet area. A walk along the private pier to view the huge array of colourful tropical fish in the sea, a trip up to the entertainment area where water sports, music and a swim-up bar were always available or a chill out in the air conditioned indoor bar always seemed to do the trick.
By night, yet more bars, a choice of 2 a la carte resteraunts in addition to the main eatery (which to be fair could have done with a little more variety, kept warmer and replenished more frequently) and a nightclub kept us from getting bored. There was also entertainment of the highest standard laid on every night.
All in all an absolutely fantastic holiday in a beautiful location. We must also mention the awesome Mo who tended to our every need around the infinity pool and the happiest man I've ever met, Mimo who could not do enough to ensure we were comfortable and happy.
Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Guests,

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Cleopatra Luxury resort glad to know that you are enjoyed your stayed with us and very thankful to you for your kind comment on trip advisor. The team of Cleopatra Luxury resort try to reach 100% of our guest satisfactions and to make you feel so comfortable, to enjoy your stay & the time you spent.

We sure after 14 days relaxing , enjoy foods, drinks, service and other facilitates you will visits us again.

We will be more than glad to welcome you again in the hotel and we will do our best to exceed your expectation always.

warmest regrades.

There are newer reviews for Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Myself and my family have just returned from one weeks break at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort and what can I say just a perfect break. My two boys aged 4 and 8 had a wonderful time and all the staff remembered their names and this I thought was a lovely personal touch, in fact my younger son William felt quite special by the end of the holiday. Every single member of staff was outstanding I have been too many hotels all around the world and have never come across such lovely people, from the gardeners through to the management. The pools were lovely especially the heated one as this time of year the water can be a bit chilly, a special thank you to Tito the towel man who was exceptional and worked non stop all day. The hotel has a private jetty which can be used to access the sea for some amazing snorkelling, my older son and husband went in everyday as it proved better than the boat trip which we booked for a day. From our arrival greeting to our sad departure everything was just perfect and I feel the main reason for this was the people that worked there, I would like to say a special thank you to all the staff and management at the Cleopatra you have done yourself proud.

2  Thank Donnap1974

Dear Guests

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Thank you for taking time to post a great summary about you and your family recent stay with us. We appreciate your excellent feedback, which demonstrates the quality hospitality experienced during your stay at Cleopatra Luxury Resort, and your review it will definitely help undecided tourists in selecting our property for their future vacation in our destination.

we will pass your nice comments to Towel man "Tito".

We looking forward to welcome you again in Cleopatra Luxury Resort

Kind regards

Reviewed November 6, 2013

great hotel with excellent facilities and supportive and attentive staff throughout our stay. Food great and varied and Italian definitely worth a visit . Fabulous private beach for snorkelling and staff on hand to watch for people in any difficulty and to protect the corals . Rooms spacious and clean some lovely towel art left daily.We had a minor issue whilst here but it was dealt with promptly and professionally and we were satisfied with the result . Staff should be commended for their service -Mohammed at the pool bar , the pool attendants, waiters and lobby bar staff all doing excellent work and long hours! Will certainly be visiting again.

Room Tip: take bites and stings cream !!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guests

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort
Sharm el Sheikh

Thank you for your review we are extremely pleased to know ,that you enjoyed your stay with us and be sure that your praise will be passed on to our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon to Cleopatra Luxury Resort.
all the best

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times and it was just as lovely as before. We tried another hotel up the road and lasted one night until we transferred. As returning visitors we were treated with courtesy and charm, given a beautiful room and made to feel instantly at home. Always feel the Italian a la carte restaurant has not quite got it which is a shame as it is so beautifully decorated. Food in main restaurant is good but can lose some interest if you are veggie and are there for more than 7 days but for the money, service, and beautiful view from huge infinity pool with waiter service and great snack bar - who cares! Give it a try you'll like it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirleyannjennings

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort -Sharm El Sheikh,

We would like to express our sincerer appreciation for taking the time in publishing your review on your recent holiday at Cleopatra Luxury Resort.And we would like to thank you for choosing Cleopatra Luxury Resort for your last stay in Sharm El Sheikh.

We glad , that you enjoyed our resort with its facilities and that we exceed your expectations.
We appreciate your comments and we will definitely take them into consideration.

Regarding your comment "can lose some interest if you are veggie and are there for more than 7 days " we want to tell you that we have 04 difference items at Lunch and dinner time in main Restaurant and our Chef is ready to make special veggie plate as guest request...

waiting for next visits soon .

all the best.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at about four in the afternoon and were welcomed with a nice cold drink by very nice reception staff. We were "upgraded" to a premier room as it seems was everybody else. Our room had a super view over the infinity pool so that we could see the Red sea. We were in block six room 6201.

The room was spotless and very spacious. The shower is fantastic! Every morning the housekeeping guy Mohammed would clean our room and leave the most fantastic towel art that I have ever seen. The bed is massive and very comfortable.

The food is very good in the main buffet area. We also ate in the Italian and the fish restaurants twice each and these were also very good, although Fellini's Italian food was more artwork than filling. The beach bar serves burgers, hot dogs etc and these too are of good quality. The view from the beach bar at sunset is magical!

Wine is passable, beer nice at 4% ABV, not too strong. Local spirits take a little getting used to though. Coke is real and not some cheap rubbish. Bar staff were very attentive and polite.

There was very low occupancy while we were there (10 to 30%). Because of this, we were made to feel very important.

The pools are very clean and well serviced by the pool boys. Yes there are a couple of tiles missing, but don't let this ruin your whole stay.

The Animation team were flogging a dead horse because of the low guest rate, but still they kept on trying! The team was down from 15 to only 3 while we were there. Only niggle here is that on more than one night the team would promise some sort of entertainment at the main stage, but when we all got there they would put on a movie instead and start to watch it themselves.

While we were there, the guests were mainly British. It seems that many other countries have stopped coming here due to the troubles in Cairo. This is madness as Cairo is 900 miles away!

The grounds are very well kept. The anti Mozzie guy comes round just before sunset and coves the whole resort in a dense foul smelling fog. This lasts for about 5 minutes and doesn't seem to bother the mozzies one bit. TAKE MOZZIE SPRAY WITH YOU!

Guests from Russia were starting to return towards the end of our stay. I have to say as I find here that in the main part they seem rude and uncultured. One woman was squeezing the little cakes with her fingers, when I offered her the tongs, she snorted and carried on squeezing. Russians have no concept of queuing, be aware of this.
Taxis are expensive from the hotel, so my advice is to walk out to the road and hail your own. Only use Blue and White cars as these are licenced. There are a lot of guys that will offer you a lift in a normal car and then try to fleece you at journeys end. Make sure that you have agreed a price for the journey BEFORE you get in and make sure that you are going to pay in Egyptian Pounds and NOT Sterling. Typical fares were:- Old Sharm 50 Pounds (£5) each way. Naama Bay, same.

When out and about be careful not to photograph camels as the owners will hassle you for a payment. While out walking be prepared for the local shopkeepers to run out to try to get you into their shops. They are NOT being rude, this is how it works here. Just be polite and don't break your stride and you will be fine. These guys are only trying to make a living in what is a very hard time for them.

Checkout was very smooth and painless, because we missed lunch on the first day, we could have it on the last day after we had checked out. we were able still to have drinks right up until the bus came to take us to the airport.

1  Thank GaryBeale

Dear Reviewer,

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh- Red Sea.

We would like to thank you for choosing Cleopatra Luxury Resort for your last stay in Sharm El Sheikh. It is a great pleasure for our side to know that hotel facilities, services, and staff manners could meet your expectations and could make a memorable stay for you and your family
We will be more than glad to welcome you again in the hotel and will our best always to exceed your expectations.

For nationalities at hotel we don't have only British or Russian we have difference and mixed nationalities Belgian ,Belarusian, Egyptian, British, Georgian, Italian, Jordanian, Latvia, Lithuanian, Irish, Russian, Polish, Swiss & Ukrainian .

and i want to mention that SHARM EL SHEIKH IN SAVE no problems at all and you came and see, we most welcome you again soon in our Luxury...

regrading to mosques issue we have pest control company is responsible to spry tow times the hotel per day with fixed schedule....

We will pass your nice comment to Cleopatra Tram member you mentioned :)

Thank you for having visited our hotel , waiting to welcome you again ...

all the best .

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I’ve had the fortune to stay in a few genuine and internationally recognised 5 star Hotels so I’m always guarded when beach Hotels reward themselves with their own star 5 star rating. More so with beach type Hotels – I’m of the opinion that generally you can strike at least one of those stars away – would my Hotel star theory be proven right

So prior to arriving at 5 Star Cleopatra Luxury Resort I was keen to keep an open mind and be prepared for a probable 4 star Hotel experience

We booked 2 rooms for a week away with our 16 and 24 year old son and daughter as part of a special Birthday celebration. I contacted the Hotel by e-mail in advance to request a twin room for our children so we were pleased to find this request had been fulfilled on arrival

CHECK IN

The Cleopatra has an impressive open reception with tasteful decor and plenty of sofas for lounging around and is well supported as this is the best area to access the WI-FI. There is an ATM for convenience and a bar tucked away on one corner
Check in was hassle free the cold towels was a nice gesture. We were whisked away with our luggage on a buggy to Block 7 to rooms overlooking the central pool area.

ROOMS

My son and daughter had room 7201 with 2 double beds me and my wife being next door in 7202. The rooms were extremely spacious with a King Size bed in the double room plenty of storage space, LCD TV, fridge, free safe and a large bathroom with walk in shower and large balcony. With a more than adequate Air Con system this was far more than you would expect from a 4 star – had my 5 star theories been quashed already– on 1st impressions yes

GROUNDS

The Hotel provides extensive well maintained grounds with several pools and plenty of comfy sun beds. We frequented the infinity pool area and couldn’t really fault it very relaxing with spectacular sea views. Apart from a bit repair work that might be needed to the pool then we are well within the 5 Star band
The jetty out to the reef is also a great touch and makes the days snorkelling so much easier

RESTAURANTS & FOOD

Having always preferred self catering or at the very most half board this was our first foray into AI so I have no bench mark for comparison. The Main Market Restaurant is a buffet style help yourself affair providing for both breakfast and dinner. Now I’m a totally unfussy eater so I was completely satisfied with the choice for breakfast and on all but one evening. The BBQ option was a good touch. This is where my 5 star theory gains momentum as it all seemed a bit rushed and a 9pm finish was rather too early for me. There is no dress code so this opens the door for the football shirt and short brigade. Some of the entertainment catering for the younger ones would also provide a bit of irritation.

The 2 free visits to the A la Cartes was a good option as at least the food is served to you in more pleasant surroundings however the food quality was rather disappointing

My favourite meal of the day was lunch at the beach grill – light lunches served to your table with a pleasant smile and a lovely aspect over the beach and the bay towards Tiran Island
Overall though we are at the bottom on the 4 star bracket here

ENTERTAINMENT

Not sure this comes with a star rating however I think they where catering for the younger ones the very younger ones. Enough said.

STAFF
There is no question that what drives this Hotel is the service. Simply exceptional. I’d like to give a big shout out to Mimo (Smiley Man) at the Infinity Pool for his attentiveness and enthusiasm, Mohamed who served at the Beach Grill and kept us supplied with drinks throughout the day and Ahmed and Ahmed in the Market Restaurant who worked so hard – we particularly enjoyed their rapport and helping me with my pigeon Arabic
To be honest all the staff are a credit to this Hotel and can’t do enough to make your stay enjoyable and trouble free – they all should be congratulated

OVERALL

So my 5 Star theory was ultimately proved correct none the less this Hotel tries hard and there are aspects that comfortably tick the 5 star boxes.

This impressive Hotel provides safe comfortable and clean accommodation in a pleasant environment

The litmus test is would I return – it’s a yes from me and I would recommend this any family or friend

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank seamermate
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greeting From Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh,

First let us thank you for choosing The Cleopatra Luxury Resort for your last stay in Sharm El Sheikh and for give us such as wonderful review, sharing your positive feedback ..

It is our pleasure to know that your stay with us had been a pleasant one we are glad to know that our services and staff manners were up to your expectations.

The aim at Cleopatra Luxury is to have the highest standard of service to exceed guest expectation.
Thank you again for your recommendation , We will be looking forward to welcoming you again at the hotel and will do our best to exceed your expectations always.

warmest regards.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family for the last 10 days in Oct-this was our first visit to Sharm & we were slighty apprehensive about our stay due to the troubles in Cairo & a few bad reports from friends staying at other hotels-there was no need!! This hotel is lovely-the grounds are kept immaculate and the layout is great-there aren't to many rooms and everywhere is clean & tidy, our room was cleaned spotlessly everyday by Abdul (cluster 3). We stayed at the infinity pool everyday & were looked after by Tito & Meemo (pool boys) & were served drinks constantly by the lovely Mohammed. Our children went to the kids club a few times & loved hanging out with the animation team. The evening entertainment was varied & had something for everyone. The drinks & food are what you would expect & again there was something for everyone with different themed food nights. This resort prides itself on customer service & you certainly get that from all of the staff who are always willing to help & are polite (Tito, Meemo, Mohammed, Chelsie). Ignore the bad reviews!

Stayed: October 2013
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

ear Reviewer,
Greening from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh,

First let me you thank you for fantastic review and time to share your summery , we are so happy to know that you choose Cleopatra Luxury Resort for fist visit to Sharm El Sheikh ,
It is really a pleasure for us to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and meet your expectations and we appreciate your positive comment and recommendation

We will pass your very nice comment to all our team members .
We are glad to know that, you like the surprise ...

waiting to welcome you again soon maybe in New Year !!!

warmest regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#25 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!