Firstly, this is a Five(5) star hotel and you will not be disappointed. Less than twenty (20) minutes from the airport which is a bonus. It has three outdoor pools and own private beach. There is a family pool, a bar pool(noisy with all the music and outdoor classes!!!), and a huge infinity pool which overlooks the beach which was perfect and quiet. This also had a small childrens pool attached to it which was safe and great for the children too. The beach area was a little small but very clean.
Given the current security issues in Egypt were were concerned about going in the first place. We should not have worried, it was safe and apart from army checkpoints (armed soldiers) at strategic points around the resort area there were no issue of note. We did decide to stay close to the hotel throughout our stay and only ventured off to the water park which was great with no queues...........
The Hotel was half empty with British and Russians making up a majority of the guests. RUSSIANS.....................as I have mentioned this is a balanced review so I will be brief and if there are any Russians reading this review 'please read the oxford dictionary which defines a queue as 'a line or sequence of people awaiting their turn to be attended to.' So DO NOT push in or try to jump the queue, wait and take your turn you really do not do yourself any favours!!!!
Moving swiftly on, the food.............there was one main restaurant called 'the market'. This was used for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, and buffet dinner. While you cannot fault the quality of the food you can most certainly question the limited/restricted choice of food which was on offer which was disappointing given that this was a five star hotel.The desserts on offer both at lunch and dinner never appeared to vary to any great degree and consisted mainly of cake, cake and more cake!!
Being 'all inclusive' you are entitled to use both of the 'a la carte' restaurants once each during your stay. There is one Italian and one seafood restaurant. Both are good restaurants and well worth a visit. The only issue with both restaurants is that when you book in the morning you also have to select your choice of food that you are going to eat that evening. So when you sit down it is not long before your food arrives at the table. You now sooner finish one course, the dishes are cleared and the next course arrives!!! Both restuarants deliver a five course meal which you find yourself consuming in forty minutes.............no matter how slowly you eat!!!!...you have been warned!!!!
There was childrens entertainment, family entertainment, teen disco and adult entertainment every evening which kept everyone entertained and was really good fun.
Accomodation - we stayed in one of the junior family suites. Wow...........two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one huge lounge and a kitchen with a fridge. It really was impressive, quiet, cleaned daily with fresh towels!! TV in each bedroom and the lounge with English speaking channels.
Finally, the staff and service? The staff were so polite and could not do enough for you. The service throughout our stay was equally as impressive. Well done Cleopatra you did a good job and we will come back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay