“Balanced Review”

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Balanced Review”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Firstly, this is a Five(5) star hotel and you will not be disappointed. Less than twenty (20) minutes from the airport which is a bonus. It has three outdoor pools and own private beach. There is a family pool, a bar pool(noisy with all the music and outdoor classes!!!), and a huge infinity pool which overlooks the beach which was perfect and quiet. This also had a small childrens pool attached to it which was safe and great for the children too. The beach area was a little small but very clean.

Given the current security issues in Egypt were were concerned about going in the first place. We should not have worried, it was safe and apart from army checkpoints (armed soldiers) at strategic points around the resort area there were no issue of note. We did decide to stay close to the hotel throughout our stay and only ventured off to the water park which was great with no queues...........

The Hotel was half empty with British and Russians making up a majority of the guests. RUSSIANS.....................as I have mentioned this is a balanced review so I will be brief and if there are any Russians reading this review 'please read the oxford dictionary which defines a queue as 'a line or sequence of people awaiting their turn to be attended to.' So DO NOT push in or try to jump the queue, wait and take your turn you really do not do yourself any favours!!!!

Moving swiftly on, the food.............there was one main restaurant called 'the market'. This was used for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, and buffet dinner. While you cannot fault the quality of the food you can most certainly question the limited/restricted choice of food which was on offer which was disappointing given that this was a five star hotel.The desserts on offer both at lunch and dinner never appeared to vary to any great degree and consisted mainly of cake, cake and more cake!!

Being 'all inclusive' you are entitled to use both of the 'a la carte' restaurants once each during your stay. There is one Italian and one seafood restaurant. Both are good restaurants and well worth a visit. The only issue with both restaurants is that when you book in the morning you also have to select your choice of food that you are going to eat that evening. So when you sit down it is not long before your food arrives at the table. You now sooner finish one course, the dishes are cleared and the next course arrives!!! Both restuarants deliver a five course meal which you find yourself consuming in forty minutes.............no matter how slowly you eat!!!!...you have been warned!!!!

There was childrens entertainment, family entertainment, teen disco and adult entertainment every evening which kept everyone entertained and was really good fun.

Accomodation - we stayed in one of the junior family suites. Wow...........two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one huge lounge and a kitchen with a fridge. It really was impressive, quiet, cleaned daily with fresh towels!! TV in each bedroom and the lounge with English speaking channels.

Finally, the staff and service? The staff were so polite and could not do enough for you. The service throughout our stay was equally as impressive. Well done Cleopatra you did a good job and we will come back!!!

Room Tip: Go for one of the family junior suites (room 9102)you will not be disappointed!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cgnsw16
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for giving us such a great feedback on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.
we appreciate your comment about roams , food , entitlement and polite staff...

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cleopatra Luxury Resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Been here 3 days and to be honest it has been faultless, the hotel is clean, tidy and well run, the food is more than fine, the area is quiet, it is the staff who make the holiday what it is, they work so hard and there only aim is to ensure the guests have a great time, the staff who have looked after us so well so far are memo the pool guy, Mohamed the pool bar man, Ahmed our waiter, they are always smiling and willing to help, seriously I can not understand any of the bad comments the place is outstanding .. Well done to all the staff without then the holiday would be nothing ..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley E
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are grateful to have a fantastic comment from you after your last stay and delighted to know that you have enjoyed yourselves and we have lived up to the expectations .

The team of the Cleopatra Luxury resort try to reach 100% of our guest satisfactions and to make you feel so comfortable, to enjoy your stay & the time you spent,

We will pass your comment to all Cleopatra team member, Mohamed ..

Waiting to welcome you again soon .

warmest regrades.
scotland
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Paid a wee bit extra and got a sea front room - loved it! So quiet and beautiful. Food was fine - always something to tempt. Staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful. Mohamed made the best Mojitos by the pool! Aah the pool! quite beautiful! Lovely grounds as well, just a wonderful, hassle free, relaxing place. Thank you ! Mahmood at Reception was a delight and so helpful, Well done the Management, your staff are a credit to you all!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bunksScotland

We will pass your nice comment to Cleopatra team members .

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had a brilliant two weeks at the Cleopatra. It is such a calm and relaxing resort and exactly what I needed. It is not a party resort and the majority of guests have purposely chosen a tranquil resort so it has a calm and peaceful atmosphere. The decor is simple and elegant -and it is not over the top. Lots of green grass and spacious landscaped areas, coupled with a continual sea breeze, even just having a small walk was nice and relaxing. The staff are great and I was treated like a PRINCESS!! Complete luxury! Thank you Cleopatra.

SEA - The hotel is set right on the beach and you will not be able to avoid the stunning sea views throughout the day. There are many places to have a drink or sleep or eat and enjoy the views. There is a lovely gentle breeze and no humidity which means it is not too hot. The views are stunning and there are millions of tropical fish swimming around the reef. You can swim and snorkel off the jetty and there is always a lifeguard on duty. Sunrise at 5.45 was stunning.

POOLS - The infinity pool was amazing and so relaxing. Great views, brilliant for swimming and attentive staff. It is large enough and quiet enough to do laps if you are the type of swimmer who likes to get in their daily exercise and likes swimming. A special thank you to the wonderful Mimo and Tito for outstanding service and friendly smiles EVERY DAY. Mimo calls himself "Smiley Man" but I think him AND Tito are the Cleopatra Smiley Men. They work really well together to look after guests and learn our names and which sunbeds we like, when we want an umbrella, moving our beds into the sun etc. Also, one thing I like is that they are quiet and respectful of guests sleeping.

BARS/ENTERTAINMENT - I didnt participate in the entertainment evening much. I liked the live singer as this was a sophisticated, relaxing cocktail night. If the kids disco could happen somewhere different to the adults entertainment that would be better. Adults without kids DO NOT WANT an hour of kids disco music every night and you could see people leaving as soon as the kids disco started. More relaxing evening music please - this is what the adults want!! I would happily sit sipping cocktails listening to relaxing music. A special thank you to Mohammed at the Pilli Pllli Bar for some great drinks!

FOOD - I had no issues with the food. Everything was well cooked, tender meat, grilled vegetables. I know some people complained already here but this is Egypt, not London or New York 5*. I read other 5* hotel reviews and this is a country wide Egypt thing that people complain about the food. The hotel cant please everyone with Arabs, Russians, Brits and Europeans. Even though I heard grumblings, noone ever said that they were hungry!! Please have REALISTIC expectations about buffets. If you have spent the last 3 months dieting and expect London Savoy type food, then eat it before you leave. If you are ok with the local Sunday Pub carvery type food, then you will do fine.
MARKET RESTAURANT - i like to eat quite healthy and was worried it might be fast food, but I was completely wrong. No chips in sight - always a good sign of a good restaurant!! There was a big salad bar with humous, tahini and dressings separate. There was always two meat dishes, some potato and rice and pasta variations. Also loads of veggies - the grilled vegetables esp eggplant were incredible. Also fresh breads and pittas, I had pittas filled with salad, houmous, meat, grilled veggies and loved it. My fave night for food was the egyptian night. I would ask the hotel to consider including at least one good egyptian dish each day or serving the egyptian food twice a week (even without the accompanying entertainment - all we need is egyptian music by dj). The egyptian food was really delicious. I loved the Sharawaz and the koftes. I would have liked more similar type food. I didnt have a single dessert whilst I was there but the fresh fruit, esp the figs and dates were great.
BEACH GRILL - Great stone baked crispy pizzas and stunning views. Great staff. And also a special thank you to Mohammed from the Beach Grill for my regular Fantas and espressos at the infinity pool. Each day, drinks would miraculously appear without asking or me even seeing him!! It was like magic, I didnt have to do anything except lie by the pool, relax and drinks would appear!! Thank you Mohammed for looking after me so well!! It is small things like this which makes the hotel earn the name, "Luxury".
A LA CARTE - I had a really nice meal at the Red Sea Wharf restaurant which i booked earlyish and I was the only guest there then and had sea views and could hear the sea and waves. It was a really relaxing and special evening and like I had a private restaurant to myself with sea views!
ALL -The staff in all the restaurants were great, knowing my favourite seat and drinks. One day when another tourist was in "my seat", we had a great laugh. Or when I didnt come to breakfast, they would ask at lunch "Are you ok? We saw you didnt have breakfast". With all the guests there, it makes you feel really valued that they notice and care. A big thank you to Sami in the restaurant for looking after me. All staff were great really.

SPA - This is not part of the hotel but is located on the hotel beach for people staying at the Cleopatra. I have regular massages in the UK and know a good massage! I thoroughly recommend Sabh and her magic hands for a massage and friendly smile. Some of the best massages Ive ever had!! Also, Naseer, the Spa manager was friendly and funny. If you want a foot/back/head massage or facial etc, then ask for Naseer. They have a wide range of treatments, and having a SPA onsite was one of the reasons that I picked Cleopatra so that I could just pop off for a massage when I wanted. So easy and relaxing - I had loads of treatments!! Thanks SPA team! Amaaaazing!

ROOMS - I had two rooms during my stay thanks to several holiday extensions. The rooms are huge and spotless with lovely crisp, cotton egyptian sheets, good air con and a few decent english TV channels, internet by supplied cable in the room and a big double rain shower. The decor is modern with simple elegance. A big thanks to Hany in Housekeeping for my towel art which gave me a daily smile!! I was really impressed with the standard of cleaning at the hotel. I saw housekeeping cleaning windows top to bottom and even cleaning outdoor railings daily. It is this attention to detail that really makes a difference in a 5* hotel.

DOCTOR - I need to mention a big thank you to Dr Hamdy for my various treatments. He was so helpful and made sure that I had a good and quick recovery so that I could continue my holiday as healthy as possible. It is a valuable asset to the hotel having an experienced doctor on site. If you have any issues, go to see him and not waste days of your holiday waiting to see what happens. It is also worth stressing that Dr Hamdy did not charge me an excess as his priority is to make sure guests are well and able to enjoy their holiday. The Cleopatra hotel are lucky to have such a good doctor onsite.

GENERAL - This is a great hotel. It is the peacefulness, serenity and staff that make it feel like a luxury holiday. I would not want to go to a noisy hotel with 1000 rooms. The staff do more than is expected to look after you. Nothing is too much trouble whether it is buggy rides, specially cooked food for me (which was offered but not needed), drink refills before I knew I even needed it, guest relations Chelsea checking on me daily when I was sick. Overall i would go back again because 1) it was a calm and relaxing resort 2) the staff look after you so well and have fun personalities. I dont know how much management value their staff but really it is the staff that make the hotel special. Sometimes staff felt uncomfortable talking to me when a manager was looking at them (as if it was not allowed I think?). Please relax with your staff a bit more, they are making guests relax and happy at the Cleopatra. AT NO TIME did a manager speak to me during 14 days. The reason I had a good time and was looked after was BECAUSE OF THE STAFF, not because of the managers. LET ME BE CLEAR, if I heard all the staff had moved to a different resort, I would also be tempted to go to that resort. The staff made my holiday relaxing and fun!

As a non married and white, British female who has travelled the world alone, I would like to highlight to the management team that staff were friendly and 100% appropriate at all times. At no times did any member of staff say or do anything which made me feel uncomfortable, make any inappropriate comments and I felt 100% safe at all times in the resort. When I left the resort to go to Naama Bay etc I DIDNT feel completely safe as a single woman alone and would have liked a member of staff to accompany me because I trusted the staff to look after me. Maybe this can be included as an extra, so that you can have evening tour guide with a staff member to avoid getting hassled by men outside of the hotel. I know other women would also value this as they were approached or over charged on things. Whilst these types of things are outside of the hotel and no reflection on the hotel, these leave memories of Egypt and the types of things that might make some people not return to Egypt. It wouldnt stop me coming back to Egypt but I would feel safer leaving the resort with a tour guide or staff member for a few hours. This is the sort of extra that 5* luxury hotels offer. (I had same service in Thailand and Singapore).

FEEDBACK - It would be nice to have further ways for feedback than here on a public website. It is hard to remember everything at once when asked "how are things". It would be good to have a comments and future suggestions box in reception or even in our room so that we can write things as we remember things. The comments feedback questionnaire for check out is really not very good and is not asking us the right questions or enough detail. It is too general and there is not enough space for comments. So everyone comes onto Trip Advisor to say it instead and reviews become VERY long!! :)

OVERALL - I didnt want to leave and cant wait to return next year :D

Room Tip: I had nice views of the pool and sea in block 6
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Karen M
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Sunny Greeting From Cleopatra Sharm Resort -Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea.

Cleopatra Luxury resort glad to know that you are enjoyed your stayed with us and very thankful to you for your kind comment on trip advisor. The team of Cleopatra Luxury resort try to reach 100% of our guest satisfactions and to make you feel so comfortable, to enjoy your stay & the time you spent.

we appreciate your comments about the food we have buffet with 04 items for vegetarian food and we have also healthy corner plus the huge salad buffet , and our chef is ready to make any vinaigrette requested by guest ...

For night entertainments we have Guitarist playing lovely ,romantic music and Flamenco style , wonderful Saxophone and greatest Cobain band plus the animation show..

We will pass your nice comments to to all Cleopatra team member and looking to welcome you soon maybe in N.Y to enjoy new year party ...

warmest regards,
Taba, Egypt
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights at this hotel and although it looks like a 5 star resort it is being run like a 3 star. F&B offering is very limited and it should be noted by management that just because you put a set menu on a carte doesn't not make the restaurant al la carte!
All drinks were even by Egyptian standards , very bad quality and i had to buy my own Egyptian wine in order to get something that was drinkable.
Sorry but I would not return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank steveyb37
Dear Guest ,
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for writing your comments following your recent stay at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Regarding to your comment about Ala Carte restaurants and concerning to Guest complains we had changed the menu in both ala crate restaurants to include 26 plates for free and effective from last week. after your visits to Ala caret restaurants...

and concerning to your comment about drinks kindly note that this is the local stander for all inconclusive concept , our hotel is serving the best known Egyptian products “the best one available” at the same time it will never be the same test of the English products.

At the end we are sorry if we were not up to your satisfaction level and we hope to welcome you back at our hotel to remove that negative experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future to change your idea
Sidmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

we stayed at the Cleopatra from the 9th october for two weeks.
we checked in at 9.30pm and were whisked away in a golf buggy, given a quick tour of the hotel grounds and taken to the Red Sea restaurant for dinner after we were pick up and taken back to the main hotel and our room where our cases were already waiting for us. excellent service
the room has a modern decor, very clean and well kept, everything function as it should, thank you to the room cleaner he did a great job, excellent service.
Food & drink. The main restaurant offered a good verity of choice and quality the waiters were fantastic and fun again excellent service. The two a la carte restaurants were very good food and decor excellent, although a bit disappointed you had to pre select your menu when booking. We had a problem at the Red Sea, where our meal was served in a rush, even given our bill to sign at the same time our dessert was served ! I complained to Romany Ibrahim the Bars manager, who was very sorry and would personally do his best to make it up to us and he certainly did, we were given the V.I.P treatment for the remainder of our stay I would like to say a big thank you to him.
pools and bars. The pools all beautiful and very well kept, once the guys get to know you they cant do enough for you even knowing your favourite spot and have your towels already on sun beds before you arrive. even Mo seem to sense our arrival and have drinks waiting for us, kept them top up throughout the day didn't even have to ask ! fantastic service thank you. This seem to apply to the other bars as well.
All in all we had a fantastic stay, the hotel was great very well kept, but i would say the greatest asset is their staff all very attentive and the service excellent, thank you all for making our stay so enjoyable. Would i return? YES hopefully may next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Greening from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are so happy to hear that we were up to your expectations and that you had such a great time.

appreciate your comment bout ( food big selection, drinks, service and room cleanliness ,...

We will pass all your nice comments to Cleopatra team work , and we do hope to see you back soon.

we are glad to know you will visit us soon ...waiting to welcome you again maybe in New Year!

All the best,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were on holiday at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort from 21st September -28th September. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we got there, given fruit juice and a hot towel and taken straight to our room. The food in the market restaurant (the buffet) was always varied and delicious. I was worried about going all inclusive but nothing to worry about at all, the staff in the restaurant made sure your drink was topped up and were very helpful. Special mention to the chef who makes fresh omelettes everyday, very good sense of humour he kept trying to out chilli in them and they were delicious. Please can the cereal is checked more regularly, I fancied a change one morning and had cereal and it was stale. Dessert selection is huge too. We didn't get ill but that might be because we didn't have the salad...didn't know if they washed that in bottled water or not
The weather was beautiful nearly 40 everyday and we spent the first part of the week lieing by the infinity pool and the second by the family pool. Both were lovely and the staff made sure to lay your towel out as soon as they saw you coming, as well as bringing us our favourite drinks throughout the day. There was water polo everyday in the family pool which my boyfriend got involved in (I lay on the double sunbed and watched from afar).
The entertainment each night was fun, although a bit cheesy so we watched rather than took part. The comedy night was definitely not English humour....very bizarre! The animation team tried so hard though(I don't know how they had the energy) so was very impressed with them. Although one of the team spent the whole week scaring me with a fake toy snake (I wasn't a fan on the snake charmer)
Special mention needs to go to Mahmoud in the pilli pilli pub who made us the most amazing cocktails all week with fruit decoration on the side, especially like the colada cocktails! There are games in there too, a pool table and ice hockey and much to the pleasure of my boyfriend they showed the football.
We tried snorkelling too (some friends we made on holiday let us borrow them) and the reef which is just at the end of the pier had some of the most brightest and prettiest fish so that's definitely worth doing.
We really liked the beach grill, I had burger or chicken wings most days for lunch and my boyfriend usually had fajitas. Lots more choice on the menu though like pizza or 'fuzzily' pasta I think they meant fussilli!
Our room was clean and modern and our cleaner kept it spotless although we didn't get any towel art until the last day when we tipped him which was disappointing as other people we asked did. Power shower was nice after a day sunbathing and we had a view of the pools and beach which were stunning.
My boyfriend planned a surprise dinner for me on our last night and the hotel were very accommodating. I don't think they have ever done it before but they really helped him with arranging it all, picking out flowers and choosing menus. I had absolutely no idea and was very surprised. It was at the end of the pier out in the sea and the staff had decorated the pier with little lights and red cloth and a carpet, table, music and flowers. The manager explained that Adam (my boyfriend) had been secretly planning it all week (which explains why I kept coming back from our room or the toilet to see them talking). The food (which was the seafood restaurant menu) was fantastic and they gave us a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. It really was a unique experience and I really want to thank the staff for making that night so special, the service was impeccable. You should start doing it more often and offer it as an extra.
I would recommend going to this hotel to anyone, it was our first holiday together and I will never forget it. The hotel and resort is stunning and the hotel staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you. We are hoping to come back next year in April and can't wait to see all the staff again and completely relax for a week. We can't wait!

Room Tip: We had a superior sea view room in the main hotel which was good because not far from the restaurant...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Partyplanner23
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Greening from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh,

First let me you thank you for fantastic review and time to share your summery , we are so happy to red your wonderful review and It is really a pleasure for us to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and meet your expectations and we appreciate your comment bout ( food variates items in main restaurant, Beach grill restaurant, huge dessert selection, drinks ,infinity & family pools ...)

We will pass your very nice comment to all our team members .
We are glad to know that, you like the surprise ...

and we want to explain you that we have area for washing and sanitized the vegetables by sanitized tablets recommended by E Cristal global company for Safety & Hygiene.

Again Thank you for your wonderful review, and your commendation.
waiting to welcome you again soon maybe in New Year and April !!!

warmest regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#14 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#21 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!