“Fantastic hotel and staff”

Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel and staff”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed there in middle of Feb 2013 for a week. Weather very nice.
Hotel staff were so helpful from the moment we arrived and were driven by buggy to our room, to the pool attendants who looked after our beds and served us drinks. The restaurant staff were very attentive and refills were quickly supplied.
TIP. Give the bar staff in the atrium (Shady and Ahmed)a nice gratuity regularly and the service goes from fantastic to astronomical. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff and we plan to return soon.
The only real downside are the Russians. They are very bad travelers and their behaviour sometimes leaves much to be desired as they are very often noisy and boorish especially around the bars. Not too much to worry about with so many bars and pools you could leave them to their own and go to a quieter bar/pool where they are out of their comfort zone.
Some of the Italians like to take over the beach restaurant and care very little about other people and both the Italians and the Russians are very greedy in the self service restaurant where if a large bowl of strawberries were put on the counter they would think nothing of taking the whole bowl for themselves.
Don't let that put you off as the place and staff are fantastic.
If you want a lugh just observe the Russian women who get tarted up and stand next to any tree having numerous pictures taken (probably for a contact/bride website). They will drape themselves over chairs whilst a friend takes the pictures..........well worth taking the mickey out of them!
Go to the Cleopatra....you will jot be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire J
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort -Sharm El Sheikh,

We would like to express our sincerer appreciation for taking the time in publishing your review on your recent holiday at Cleopatra Luxury Resort.And we would like to thank you for choosing Cleopatra Luxury Resort for your last stay in Sharm El Sheikh

We glad , that you enjoyed our resort with its facilities and that we exceed your expectations.

and we will pass your nice comments to our Team work.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon to Cleopatra Luxury Resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

stayed June 11 to June 22 check in very quick and efficient and dealt with by a pleasant and smiling Mahmoud Youssef. We were taken to our room by an electric buggy driven by very friendly member of staff who carried our suit cases up to our room (6201) and showed us where everything was, ie air con, safe etc. When we opened the curtains onto the balcony the view was one of best we have ever had, looking right over the infinity pool and out to sea with Tiran island in the distance. Every member staff we encountered we found most helpful and friendly. The hotel itself was very clean and tidy all the public toilets around swimming pools were spotlessly clean. The food in the main restaurant was very well presented and plenty of choice, The al a carte restaurants were also very good, we preferred the sea food restaurant simply because it as so peaceful with a wonderful view out to sea. All in all we had a most relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: choose room over looking infinity pool for a quiet and relaxing time
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4phuket4
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh,

Cleopatra Luxury Resort glad to know that you are enjoyed your stayed with us and very thankful to you for your kind comment on trip advisor The team of the Cleopatra Luxury resort tray to reach 100% of our guest satisfactions and to make you feel so comfortable, to enjoyed your stay & the time you spent.

Thank you for choosing our Hotel & looking to see you soon again.

Warmest regrades.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My first trip to Sharm for 30 years -what a change! (Though I was working last time in the oil industry)
First impressions are WOW and the staff couldn't do enough to help my wife who has difficulties walking. Our room was very clean and close to all amenities. For me the food was very good but can understand a fussy eater having the odd challenge. The staff are superb and must be thanked for making our stay special. The efforts to present the Gala meal by the pool was much appreciated.
Thank you Cleopatra - will definitely think about returning sooner than another 30 years!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dick B
Dear Guest,

Greeting from the Cleopatra Luxury Resort ,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we are so happy to hear that we were up to your expectations and that you had such a great time with us..

waiting to welcome you again soon.

All the best,
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I would like to thank all the management team and staff for making our stay at the Cleopatra the best overall holiday experience we have received,we have stayed at many top hotels in Sharm over the last 8 years and the Cleopatra is far the best we have experienced.
On arrival we were greeted by the team at reception and made to feel very special our Rooms were 2105 and 2106 Luxury seaview on inspecting our rooms we were hit with the WOW factor our rooms were very large very clean and a welcome fruit basket was waiting for us from the GM and his team.
After unpacking our cases we went to inspect the rest of the hotel grounds and facilities the gardens pools beach were very very clean and well kept on our travels we were greeted by all the staff with a smile and a hello.The staff were very smartly dressed and went out off their way to make you feel very special.
We made our way to dinner and again was very impressed to find a restaurant well planned out and felt like a restaurant not a canteen you find at other hotels in Sharm.
The food choices were plenty and the hotel provided theme nights every day and dressed the restaurant in each countries flag colours.
We visited both the seafood and Italian restaurant the food choices and service offered by the staff were outstanding.
During our staff we relaxed at the infinity pool and was looked after all throughout our stay by Amir who worked very hard to make every guest feel special.
Mohamed from the beach grill restaurant look after us all throughout our stay I agree with the other guest comments,Mohamed delivered outstanding customer service he stayed and made time to speak to all his guest while still working very hard in delivering and remembering all the guests drinks orders.
Our rooms were cleaned daily by Hany towels bedding changed every day the room was spotless and cleaned Hany greeted us every morning with a smile and hello.
I agree with the other guest comments about the evening entertainment I have to say the Hotel management team are working very hard to address this issue.
I want to thank the GM and his team for making our stay the best holiday experienced and best hotel we have every stayed during our 8 years we have been visiting Sharm we are looking to return back in October with our families. Thank You to you all.
Paul Lee and Karen
Rooms 2105 & 2106.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul D
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for giving us such a great feedback on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it.
and we will pass your nice comment to all Cleopatra management team & member.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cleopatra Luxury Resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the cleopatra from 15th June-29th June and had a fantastic stay. We were greeted with cold towels and were taken directly to the market restaraunt to ensure we had something to eat before it closed.

The rooms were very spacious and were cleaned daily. The cleaner was a very talented man who kept me entertained with his varied towel art. While we were there we heard a woman complaining saying 'I wish the cleaner would spend more time cleaning the floors than the stupid towel art'. We thought this was ridiculous as our room was always cleaned well and the towel art was the icing on the cake.

We spent our days by the infinity pool where Sam and Amir were always around to have a joke and look after us. They work very hard in the baking sun. Also Mohammed the pool waiter was always around remembering our orders. Such a hard working man. My boyfriend actually said 'I wonder how far Mohammed walks a day and I wonder how many drinks he gives out a day.'

As for the food we had no complaints. There was always something to eat. We spent lunches at the beach grill where Ahmed was always greeting us with a smile. The food there was great with items such as burgers, pizza, fajitas, pastas, fresh fruit and ice cream. The market restaraunt had a different theme every night and there was always something for us to enjoy. The Italian restaraunt was also lovely! A set menu with 5 courses.

As for the entertainment we felt that it was very butlins like. Although the team are lovely and just doing their jobs, we would rather watch a show than be forced to take part. By the second week we found ourselves hiding from the team so that we did not feel pressured to take part. However they are lovely and Hannah and Luke were more than friendly to us while we were there.

All staff within the hotel were lovely and very hard working. Some would even go out of their way to say hello to us each morning.

We also enjoyed a massage at the spa which was fantastic. When they come around each day it can get quite annoying but we enjoyed many jokes with khalim from the spa. Once you tell them that you are not interested they will leave you alone.

All in all we had a fantastic holiday and would definitely recommend cleopatra. As Scott has previously mentioned we had the exact same opinions as them about the hotel and staff. We almost booked the Jaz Mirabel and ended up staying there for one night on the way home due to a delay from thomsons. It's safe to say we were very glad we had chosen the cleopatra instead!!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Daniexkx
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greeting from Sharm El Sheikh,

and we will pass your nice comments to our team.

Thank you for choosing our Hotel & looking to see you soon again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my second visit to Egypt. I had previously stayed at The Stella Di Mare but I decided to stay at the Cleopatra this time round as I had seen the outside of the hotel on my previous visit to Sharm and thought it looked magnificent. I stayed here during May-June 2013. I think the hotel premises are really nice and I didn't really have any complaints with the food unlike some of the reviews on here. I guess its hard to cater for everyone but there was a variety of food and they had a different theme every night. The restaurant staff were really nice and would always greet us with a smile. The only real issue I had was with some of the reception staff, I found them to be really unhelpful. I think some of them should really be given further training on how to deal with customers. For example on the day we arrived, we looked outside onto our porch table and chairs and were greeted with plates of dirty dishes on the table (I don't understand why there were there in the first place- the room should have been thoroughly cleaned and inspected before we arrived!!) We rang reception and politely advised them of this, and they said they would get someone to remove the plates, (no apology was given which would have been nice). However after we had got ready and returned from dinner, the dirty plates were still there, I then rang reception again to complain and finally the dirty plates were taken. On another occasion I asked one receptionist about the laundry service to which his reply was, 'all the information is in your room'. There was a leaflet in the room about the laundry however the only information on this was the price of the service. I then rang reception to ask them how do I give my clothes in and was told abruptly to hang up and given a different number to ring. When I rang the other number, the person on the other end couldn't speak a word of english. I then just gave up on getting my clothes. Another example is when I asked about the transfer times and was told by the receptionist ask your tour operator, however when I went back to the transfer company they said there was a book at reception with the transfer times. I then went back to reception and advised them of what the transfer company had told me. I was then given my transfer time, another example of poor service. Overall it was a good holiday, however I think The Cleopatra hotel do need to look into improving their front desk customer service as those experiences with the reception staff did leave me really frustrated and at times wishing I had stayed at the Stella Di Mare as their customer service was exceptional. You do not expect staff to be that unhelpful in a 5* establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank May300
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort -Sharm El Sheikh,

Thank you for visiting Cleopatra Luxury Resort l Sharm El Sheikh on your recent vacation in Sharm El Sheikh, and for having taken the time to share your experience on this forum.

Your comments are very valuable to us and we are taking each observation very seriously.

we look forward to welcoming you back soon for your second visit in order to indulge you once again.

Kind regards,
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived early evening to cool towels and warm smiles. The room was lovely. Lots of space, clean, and with an amazing view of Tiran Island. Cleaned daily with lots of effort, and quirky towel sculptures and petals on the bed. Even the curtains were cleaned. The Market restaurant was peaceful and never felt overcrowded. To cater for so many nationalities must be a daunting task but the chefs pulled it off. I'm the fussiest eater but I was never hungry and the service was amazing. At lunchtime we ate at the beach bar which had a good menu and the service again was 1st class, friendly and relaxed. We used the sctivity pool and swim up bar. From the first day our pool man was always happy to see us and the towels were put out for us every morning. The pool area, like everywhere else, was spotlessly clean. The guys behind the bar Reda, Sayed and Mahmoud were fantastic. If you didn't want to move from the sunbed you didn't have to, they were there. If you did go to the bar they would insist on carrying your drinks back to the sunbeds. Always smiling with a sense of humour, they were a pleasure to be around. The animation team........................what can we say.................!!!!! Lead by Bobosh with Lauren, Hannah, Sokar, Luke (also known as Joey Essex), DJ Ali, Valera, Irina and Julia. Everyday they had so much energy and enthusiasm and were still going strong at midnight. From stretching and aerobics to water pool and evening shows they never waned. We really enjoyed all of the activities we took part in and this is down to a great team who are a credit to Bobosh and the Cleopatra. We took part in dancing competition (never done that before!)and won a romantic dinner for two. Mr Ahmed said he would come and see us the following day to arrange times and to see if we had any dietary requirements etc. We didn't have any, although somehow he had already discovered we didn't eat fish! We arrived at the beach to be greeted by Mr Ahmed and a speechless me (unusual)! What an amazing effort. A pathway of tealights led us onto the beach to a beautifully dressed table, surrounded by candles with hearts and petals. Our waiter Mustafa was a legend and the food was delicious - thank you chef. All to the sound of the sea. We felt very spoiled and Mr Ahmed gave us a lovely photograph to commemorate the evening. Outstanding effort. (We think you should save the rock for our next visit Mr Ahmed!!). We cannot thank you all enough for our holiday experience and would happily recommend The Cleopatra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank OllieandMarion
Dear Guests,
Sunny greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent stay with us we do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.

We would like to express our pleasure that you chose our resort for first time and we are so happy to enjoy your stay.

we will pass your nice comments into Cleopatra management team and members.

Looking to welcome to you soon.

warmest regards.
Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
#44 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,034 reviews
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#15 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#20 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,092 reviews

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!