Me and my wife have just recently returned from our second visit to this hotel. We first stayed here in 2010 just after the hotel had opened and although the rooms and the standard of the hotel were definitely of 5 star standard the service wasn't.
I must say on our second visit there has been a tremendous effort by the new management team to improve service and this was clear to see. The entertainment has improved significantly and the whole animation team are working tirelessly to get this right.
All new arrivals are invited to a free cocktail evening which is a great way of meeting new people at the hotel along with some of the key members of staff. The front office manager Saleh Swelam was keen to receive feedback during this event and acted on some small but very important issues that we raised.
The one area of concern for us was the fact that the rooms are starting to look tired and certainly this is not helped by the fact that some of the previous guests who have stayed have clearly shown total disregard for the furniture etc as ring marks on the dark wood furniture and big stains on the fabric on the chairs have contributed to the drop in the room quality.
The hotel was much busier and despite this the level of service during our stay was pretty good - with the hotel management and staff working hard to improve the hotel I'm sure the hotel will soon become one of the better hotels to stay at in Egypt. That said the guests need to play their part and have a bit more respect for the hotel and its facilities.
We saw on numerous occasions parents allowing their children to climb all over the furniture in the reception area and not say a word.
Also the dress code in the restaurant of an evening is very lapse and maybe if the hotel wants to raise its profile to the same level as the four seasons then this would be a good place to start - Shorts and t-shirts for me are not acceptable in a restaurant or certainly not one that wishes to be seen on par with some of the better hotels.
Overall we had another good experience at the Cleopatra but stronger management controls around less considerate guests would be a massive step in the right direction.
We will be going back in a year or so to see if the promises we were given have materialised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay