“Working hard to get it right” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Kent
“Working hard to get it right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Me and my wife have just recently returned from our second visit to this hotel. We first stayed here in 2010 just after the hotel had opened and although the rooms and the standard of the hotel were definitely of 5 star standard the service wasn't.

I must say on our second visit there has been a tremendous effort by the new management team to improve service and this was clear to see. The entertainment has improved significantly and the whole animation team are working tirelessly to get this right.

All new arrivals are invited to a free cocktail evening which is a great way of meeting new people at the hotel along with some of the key members of staff. The front office manager Saleh Swelam was keen to receive feedback during this event and acted on some small but very important issues that we raised.

The one area of concern for us was the fact that the rooms are starting to look tired and certainly this is not helped by the fact that some of the previous guests who have stayed have clearly shown total disregard for the furniture etc as ring marks on the dark wood furniture and big stains on the fabric on the chairs have contributed to the drop in the room quality.

The hotel was much busier and despite this the level of service during our stay was pretty good - with the hotel management and staff working hard to improve the hotel I'm sure the hotel will soon become one of the better hotels to stay at in Egypt. That said the guests need to play their part and have a bit more respect for the hotel and its facilities.

We saw on numerous occasions parents allowing their children to climb all over the furniture in the reception area and not say a word.

Also the dress code in the restaurant of an evening is very lapse and maybe if the hotel wants to raise its profile to the same level as the four seasons then this would be a good place to start - Shorts and t-shirts for me are not acceptable in a restaurant or certainly not one that wishes to be seen on par with some of the better hotels.

Overall we had another good experience at the Cleopatra but stronger management controls around less considerate guests would be a massive step in the right direction.

We will be going back in a year or so to see if the promises we were given have materialised.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jasemfc
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
On behalf of the entire The Cleopatra Luxury Resort. management and staff much appreciate your comments I would like to thank you for your feedback , we are happy to read your comments and more than happy to understand that our team members did well to make your vacation a memorable one. We are glad to know that we are on the right track in our hospitality mission to gain our guest satisfaction and loyalty.
reservation@thecleopatrasharm.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mechelen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort from 25/10/12 till 01/11/12. (2 adults & 1 child 4,5 years old)
As from the arrival till we left everything was great. We had a very nice and quiet room on the first floor (like we asked on reservation) in cluster 6 with sea view.
Very spacious, clean and had nice decorations. The cleaning every day was top.
We always stayed at the infinity pool (quiet) and had a great service from Mustapha Laimona and Mena from the recreation team (pool attendant). They did a great job, were very helpful and very professional.
In the Market Restaurant we would like to thank Abd Elnaby Sobhy (Abdu) for his good service and his eye for detail. He and his team were very nice. It was always a pleasure to have a little talk with them.
The food was of a great quality, maybe some little bit more variation at evening would be nice.
We also had twice a lovely and delicious diner at the fish restaurant. The view is awesome, the food great. The Italian restaurant is also very nice.
The hotel, the gardens, the pools are beautiful, clean.
All the staff is very professional, helpful and gentle.
We sure will go back to this lovely hotel.

Fam.Van de Sande -Heyndrickx from Belgium

Room Tip: Cluster 6 - seaview - first floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Khe03
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just got back want to go back!
Booked through Fleetway travel good price excellent local courier Spring Travel met us at the luggage drop whisked us through customs no hastle in our hotel before we knew it
Room in cluster five v big v clean amazing views lush beds
Spent most of the time between infinity pool beach sea and restaurant more horizontal than vertical what a great chill out!
Weather hot amazing sunsets
Staff friendly but not pushy a big thank you to Hani Jamaica and Danielle the guest relations rep
Complementary bottled water in room replenished daily was a welcome touch
Some greedy guests took advantage of the all inclusive deal ordering copious drinks and wasting food mostly not Brits I might add

1 Thank writerWales
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

For me the Cleopatra Luxury Resort Hotel was the right place at the right time. I had a vacation alone.
The staff took care of me in all situations. For example, I went sick one night and were well taken care of. Room staff helped me and came the next day and asked how it went, very nice. The doctor and his staff helped me in all possible ways. During the day, I experienced all the waiters and other staff as very accommodating and pleasant. I had nice lunches and fine dining in the evenings. It was easy to dine alone and easy to get in contact with other people if I wanted that.
It was lovely to swim in warm water and big waves. Snorkeling was an adventure. Everything was put in place.
The spa could have been larger and more included in the hotel. The staff was very kind and clever. In relation to the impact of the spa has for which hotel you choose the spa could have been much more including the hotel structurally.
As a Scandinavian, it was not nice to see how the waiters did carry trays of 15 to 20 kg. on their shoulders 12 hours a day. It is known what that means for their healt over the years. In Scandinavia it would have been used trucks to clear the tables.
I am very pleased with my stay at the hotel and can recommend to anyone who wants a luxurious, relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kari962
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We would like to thank you for your time to post your experience in a comprehensive way. We appreciate your time conveying your comments and we will be looking forward always to welcoming you in the future and will do our best always to exceed your expectations.
Margate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived on Thursday evening 1st November and was welcomed with a drink whilst booking in( as we saw this on the web prior to booking it and saw rave reviews with trip advisor..and thought I get in touch direct via email to the hotel and requested an upgrade to a Sea View Room).
After a prompt reply and the additional cost $30 pn(£20), we agreed and was sent another reply saying our booking was confirmed.
After additional payment was made we were then taken by a white golf buggy to our room 4009 overlooking the beach. This room is classed as luxury room and was what it said great with a bathroom to die for at home(mind you there was no bath...But a full length walk in shower that had full length glass panel and opening door) the shower head was a large square overhead rain type plus an additional hand removeable model.The room had a 6 foot queen size bed and lots of cupboard and drawer space and chairs and modern energy efficient wall mounted lamps complimented with 32inch lcd wall mounted tv.
As we only casually mentioned upon our arrival after 10pm was there any place to eat..sorry the restaurants close at 10pm.within 5 minutes of getting to our superb room we had a call and the receptionist had arranged to send us some food.That's what I call service.
As we have stayed at another hotel in sharm a couple of years ago and was suprised at the size of them, so this hotel complex was a lot smaller 326 rooms in clusters of 8 blocks of one and Two storey's, the grounds were well maintained and the grass verges were really green and lush.there was three good size pools (and a toddlers one).we stayed at the pool nearest to the beach and would like to mention the staff there were always at hand to put out your towels,thank you Mena,Emad Jamica and Moustafa Limoha for your help.
The main buffet style restaurant was situated below the main lounge area. with a good variety of food to suit all tastes, we liked what they had on offer with a couple of exceptions there was a lacking of potatoes( rice,spaggetti,noodles, yes) on most nights. the 5 nights we ate there was only jacket potatoes one night and french fries another.the other moan was the two soups they offered at lunchtime and the evening was lukewarm and could have been a little hotter.The service was excellent and staff were always very helpful.
As I said earlier the complex was smaller and easier to get around but the hotel provided anyone who just phoned reception a free buggy service which I thought was an excellent touch and added an extra star.
We will certainly be back next year and if anyone wants plenty of room by the pool and a lovely beach they will not be dissapointed coming to the Cleopatra Luxury Resort in Sharm with plenty of Charm.

Room Tip: Cluster Four or Six are the best rooms But Cluster Four(room4009) is the quietest all you could hear...
1 Thank david m
sheripoynter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed for 11 nights 14th - 25th October 2012 and had the nicest time!
Our room was already allocated upon our arrival so I couldn't ask for a certain block but was glad I didn't. We got presented with iced pineapple juice in champagne flutes and cold towels whilst we filled out the million and one forms which was lovely.
Our room was in the main block which I was a bit worried about about but it wasn't too bad! The only time we heard noise was from 4pm - 5pm (we go back to the room early to laze round and watch CNN and FOXmovies!), and that was just from the entertainment crew doing their afternoon aerobics session. Oh once early morning Bob Marley or something was on at about 8am, wasn't very pleasant but we just shut the patio door over.

Food - WE DIDN'T GET SICK!! bless them, they try so hard and they get so SO close to doing meals perfect for the English but they mess up ever so slightly. Chicken fajitas with no wraps! There was always a nice pasta dish, and TONS of veggies EVERYWHERE! Peppers and broccoli with everything which i was happy about :) breakfast i just stuck to donuts, sugar rush! but they were gorgeous. lunch at the beach bar was lovely, just be prepared for lots of budge smugglers lurking - WOULD IT KILL TO PUT ON A COVER UP?! went to TGI's about 5 times, 50LE return and was lovely. the chinese on la strada is gorgeous too.

we sat by the sneaky hidden pool every day, was pretty much empty apart from about 3 other british families until the last day when a russian family arrived and took over. mohammed the barman was a little cutie, came over dead on 10am and laughed when we ordered our 2 waters with ice! he also made a lovely tequila sunrise, didn't taste of nail varnish until i go to the dreggs :) pool man was so sweet as well, constantly cleaning and checking everything was fine.

only bad thing was the silly late flight, we were too cheap to get late check out so went to la strada then sat around in the lobby and nearly died of boredom - thank god for free interwebs and laptops! also take your own ethernet cable for the room :)

its such a gorgeous hotel, the staff are all so smiley and helpful and we got the exact same exemplary service whether we tipped or not.

GOING BACK NEXT YEAR!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sheripoynter
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have recently returned and can honestly say I was treated like a princess and had a fabulous time. I travelled on my own and was quite nervous as it was my 1st time abroad on my own by the Managers and staff were amazing and I can not speak highly enough of them. All staff aswell from waiters to pool attendees, even to the cleaners! My Cleaner in particular (Block 3) was so good, I left him a very large tip on my last day but unfortunatley it was his day off and another cleaner picked it up! The staff are always smiling and nothing is too much trouble, I would like to say a very special thank you to some people that made my holiday particuarly fantastic, Oxa Entertainment Team, he always had time to say hello and invite me out even though he worked such long hours he never stopped smiling! Credit where it is due, I don't know how they do it as I was always sleeping!!! Haha, Boring...... as oxa would call me. Mohammad the Lifeguard, he took me out snorkelling as I was scared and I have to say was one of the highlights of my holiday as they fish are amazing!!! Thank you very much, Love Baby feet! Moustafa, Pool attendee, he always greeted me with a smile and chatted to me by the pool. Danielle in reservations as she managed to accomodate me at the Itialian Restaurant on my last night as I had left it too late to book. The hotel is very clean and modern, the sunbeds are so comfy and the snorkelling experience just of the pier on your doorstep is a fantastic experience. I would return and reccomend. The only suggestions I have for the Restaurant is more variety of Vegetarian food and maybe all in 1 place so you do not have to look through all the dishes to see if there is meat in there and the Spa needs upgrading but I understand you are building a new one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Becky186349
First let us thank you for choosing The Cleopatra Luxury Resort for your last stay in Sharm El Sheikh and for sharing your positive feedback of your stay at The Cleopatra Luxury Resort.
It is our pleasure to know that your stay with us had been a pleasant one we are glad to know that our services and staff manners were up to your expectations.
We will be looking forward to welcoming you again at the hotel and will do our best to exceed your expectations always.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
#38 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,921 reviews
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#14 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#2 of 32 in Nabq Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,970 reviews

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!