Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Nubian Island Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed with my family for two weeks we all could have stayed for another two weeks we had two lovely rooms next to each other looking over the pool only complaint I had was rooms not getting cleaned till late afternoon but once I went to reception it was sorted . The food was ok but my family sent out to mc donalds a couple of times can't please everyone .the pool was good. hotel needs more and new glasses .I would like to thank manager and staff for making my birthday a time to remember we will be returning next year marie and family from liverpool

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank marie w
Reviewed April 5, 2013

just got back from a 3 week stay here was only meant to stay 2 weeks but was enjoying it that much just stayed , Everyone was fantastic from cleaner right upto general manager , i have stayed in sharm a few times and at 5* hotels too but not one of them had the same warm friendly feel about it as this one did .
There were three in my party myself , my mum who suffers from alzhimers and my 16 years old daughter so a wide age range and all of us were entertained there were familys with younger children there who all seemed to be having a great time . On two seperate nights my mum wondered out the room during the night while i was asleep she was safely brought back by the hotel staff and even had a cup of tea with them ha ha my mum had more night life than me :-) x my daughter had a ball going to all the night clubs with the animation team Mido , Elisha and Hero fantastic group they made her feel so welcome and i know she will be back soon to see them all x Taha the guy who gives out the towels is one of the funniest people i have ever met he never stopped working but always found time to stop and have a chat to everyone and leave us in fits of laughter x Acmed from the pool bar was like a whirl wind our glasses were always full and he always had a smile on his face and a friendly greeting , amon and mohamed 1 and mohamed 2 were all lovely geniune guys and nothing was ever too much for any of them x whilst i was there i asked for a meeting with the hotel manager just to pass on my thanks and gratitude for the fantastic job his team were doing him himself is a really lovely man and is always around and about meeting and greeting the guests , the guy around the pool who was selling the trips was a really nice guy i didnt get his name but there was never any pressure off him my daughter asked him one night if there were any comps in the hotel she could use as she didnt take her phone on holiday to connect to the free wifi , he went away for a while and returned with his personal one for her to use , The hotel on the whole is a mix of english and russians but we all seemed to get on well so no problems at all , only negative comment i could give is a russian couple were talking to me and said the rep who brought them to the hotel on the bus had told them not to trust the guy selling trips round the pool or the animation team and to only go through him for the trips which is very naughty as they were all great people and its not a good start to your holiday being told not to trust the hotel staff who work amazingly hard in my opinion , the rooms were great we had a ground floor room very spacious with huge balconies , all in all great hotel fantastic service and i would for sure return and recommend to people , thank you to all x

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Debill69
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I visited the Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa between 3rd & 17th March this year for the first time, although this is the 10th time we have visited Egypt. Have to say we had a great time. The hotel is quite typical for Sharm with studio rooms (although bigger than normal) set round a pool, with most facilities in the main building. The food was typical Egyptian hotel style but the variety and quality was equal to any of the 5 star hotels we have stayed in and better than some, we have never before been offered roast duck as a meat option for dinner, the new restaurant manager is doing a good job. The staff did a fantastic job, always with a smile, with particular mention of Amon, who delivered drinks around the pool area to people when the pool bar itself did not have anyone waiting. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the towels and sheets changed daily, a good housekeeping service and gardens were kept tidy. Probably due to the hot temperatures the pool was a welcome relief to use, laid on an airbed while tanning - way to go! Overall a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms were pretty similar only varying due to shape of building, we had a groundfloor room which let us use the patio door for access during the day.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Andy B
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed for two week from 25th February till 11th march 2013 with my sisters. The hotel was booked pretty much last minute. The location was perfect and only a taxi ride away from old market, naama bay and soho square. The hotel arranged a bus for free to soho square on Tuesdays and we went both times with the animation team and felt safe.

The hotel arranged a bus to the beach everyday at 10am till 1.30 however Pataya beach was only a 10minute walk down the road so if you wanted to stay longer you could.
Pataya beach was opposite McDonalds, viva,TGI Fridays Starbucks and same street as the new Hard Rock. We went shopping in the huts just outside and found the people to be very friendly and reasonably priced. We purchased some bags and creams at a realy good rate from Osama aka Omar.

The pool area was very clean and plenty of sun beds. Taha thanks for the entertaining conversations and clean towels!

The food was amazing at the hotel and always plenty of choice. In the first week we was lucky enough to meet the owner of the hotel at lunch he was polite and very friendly and after a brief convo we received a complimentary fruit basket to our room. Thanks Mr Hazim and Mr Tariq!

At dinner there was always veg, chicken, fish and beef but it was always cooked differently. there was a huge variety of salads and breads. There was a variety of deserts and always something to suit our taste. The hotel arranged a big theme night with fire show, dancers and dinner was a big buffet served outside. The night was very entertaining and all guests got involved in the mini discos. There was a. BBQ outside with full a entertainment night.... Fire show, belly dancers..... Spiritual dancers

Mido's fire show and Faqir(magic)show was amazing an we were really impressed as we hadnt seen this before. He carried the weight of two adults whilst laying on glass impressive!

Ibrahim chief of the food, restaurant and sheesha staff was really nice and ensured that the staff was providing the best service. We never had an empty glass thanks to Mohammed 1 and Mohammed 2 and the bar staff.

The staff kept us entertained with table tricks an friendly banter. We regularly had them ask us if things were ok and if we felt something was missing to help them improve service but we never had anything to add thanks Waleed. The standard of service and cleanliness was good compared to other hotels that I have stayed at in Egypt.

One night we had a problem with the electric and lights in our room at 2am. Within half an hour we had someone come and fix it. This is when you know a hotel is good because if it was any other hotel we would have been asked to move rooms etc but they managed to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

The animation team was just simply amazing both Mido and Saeed were really good and kept us busy and never had such fun!
The entertainment was on everynight around 9pm and included mini disco, Mr and Miss Sharm and other fun activities.

We didn't go with any children but there was a family who were staying there with 3children and we had seen Saeed spending time playing games with them around the pool area. Also animation arranged many activities around the hotel... Pool activities, table tennis water aerobics etc

Jive bar was always playing the best music with friendly accommodating staff and included a pool table. This was open to all and not just those staying in the hotel and met some amazing people while on our stay.

Spa was perfect and we all booked in for a Turkish bath and the new coconut cacoon. Thanks to Hamad and Waqar our skin felt amazing.

Excursion salesman Hakeem was very friendly and we didn't feel pressured to buy from him. He gave us his best price and we didn't feel hassled.

Hotel sheesha hut was a bonus and when we wanted a quite relaxing night we paid next to nothing for an amazing sheesha thanks Ibrahim.

Overall the hotel was amazing the manager at reception Shady and his colleagues were very polite and welcoming and assisted with any of our queries.

Another bonus is the wifi in the hotel and jive bar which when speak to others we realised that othet hotels normally charge for the wifi.

Only positive comments about this place and as three young girls felt extremely safe and we was there at the same time as Salma and Tracy ignore negative posts. Well worth the money and definately would go again thanks for an amazing experience!

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Aiyshaz
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hi we chose this hotel as a last minute holiday..the hotel on appearance was ok for the price that we paid and the rooms where spacious and clean... However there was not a lot of choice on the food..every time we went for a meal we would not get offered a drink and all the cooks would stand and watch us eat which was rather awkward...late breakfast was advertised and not available and most of the staff could only speak very basic English and struggled to understand us most of the time... We read several reviews on staff thieving and we where extra careful on putting our belongings away however my friend left our camera out which had old family pictures on it, this was taken from our room by the cleaner... I do not usually write reviews but I really felt I needed to write this because of the poor service and morale elevels of some staff..however there was some waiters that where great and would go out of the way to help...we had some spa treatements and the staff where great here...overall I would not recommend that you visit this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends