“went back to see hotel”

Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hi I went back in December to see the staff at the hotel and most of them had moved on. The hotel was not as busy as you would expect for that time of the year maybe the prices are higher in December I would not know as I stayed in a apartment at this time. Or maybe it's because it's cooler in December.

I know a few of the staff that spoke English were not happy and they had moved on. However the staff that were there made me and my daughter very welcome we were offered something to drink and we were able to chat with the staff and say hello to the ones who I knew from my stay in September. There were only one couple by the pool at this time so it's very quiet. I can not say about the food this time as I did not stay there I would like to wish them well in the future.

If you want a totally chilled out holiday then this is the place to be. It is a bit of a way from the Pataya Beach but I'm used to walking but this hotel does not have a beach of it's own, the pools are cleaned every day.

Room Tip: All the rooms get the sun at some time of the day and the rooms are clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Denise R
There are newer reviews for Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a fantastic time at Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa (Ex Sharm Bride). The staff are fantastic and so helpful. AHMED at the pool bar was an absolute star. Our drinks were never empty and served with a smile. We made us laugh so much and we will miss him.
We had no issues with the food. It was all ediable, it was a bit samey at time but no issues. We had NO bad stomachs and didnt need any immodiums at all. If your a fussy eater you might struggle. I can be fussy with certain foods but always found food to eat. Our room was cleaned everyday, beds made and some towel art also left a coulpe of times. Our towels were not thread bear in fact no where near. On a couple of occasions the water was warm rather than hot but never cold that you couldnt shower.
My only issue was the swimming pool was cold and not heated and you knew you were alive when you jumped in, but talking to others at the airport their pools were cold too. We had a pool view room (7003). We had nothing stolen from our room or outside on the balconey. Snorkel masks, clothes, shoes, headphones were all left on the balconey and nothing was taken. We used the safe for our valubles and locked it all away. we did have trouble with it on the first night but reception sorted it out very quickly.
The beach was fantastic. It really is no issue carrying a towel from the hotel to the beach and ok you have buy your own drinks and food if you want too but thats no big deal. The sea was warmer than the pool and the big double beds in the shade were great.
Of an evening they did use the bar for selling we think time shares which was a bit annoying but it didnt stop the entainment guys from playing the music and having fun. There was only two children for the whole week but they still did the dancing and karoke every night.
I did plug my iPad in and played our music one night just for a bit more english chart music.
I really dont think they deserve the bad reviews that they have got on here.
They have a new food manager and the food did get better as the week went on but we had no complaints from day one.
They never run out of food or drinks while we were there.
It was so good we will go back there next year in February for some winter sun.
If your looking for the perfect room, perfect food, where nothing is out of place and its all new and sparkly this may not be the hotel for you. It was clean and tidy and perfectly live about.
I would rate it a 3 star by english standards rather then 4 star.
The gardens around the hotel and pool area were kept clean and tidy. They had gardeners there every day trimming and weeding.
The location is great. You have shops and supermarkets within walking distance. Walk for about 15 minutes and you will find Mcdonalds, KFC, TGI Fridays and Hard Rock Cafe. Personally I can eat that crap in the UK so dont want it on holiday too.
Beware of getting dragged into a shop cos they dont like you leave empty handed. We just said no politely and they left us alone. Thats part of the culture though so you put up with it.
Quad bike trip into the hills was good fun, camel riding, dance show and food all for £35 which we booked with the trip guy in the hotel. Glass bottom boat was £10 and a day trip on a boat with food, drinks and snorkelling at 3 different sites was £20 which we booked with the Scuba diving company Nabq Dive Centre down on the beach.
All in all a very good holiday, no real complaints and would definatley return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed February 17, 2013

well where do you start rooms are discusting bathroom like a public one fithly staff good front desk sly foxes ask if you want up grade then charges10"pounds per couple but only to English things stolen out of rooms we had mobile phone they are selling time shares the pool is not heated ran out cola light vodca they advertise an al carta restrant no. The jive bar is not alinclusive as the hotel rent it out they had a new resturant manager start and within 3days you coud see he had made an impresion you need to rename this hotel holidays from hell lookin forward to whatchin it on telly thee elson family and English

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank bobelaine73
Reviewed February 13, 2013

would never go back to this hotel. the cleaner stole from mine and others room, the patio door wouldnt lock, showers were cold. run out of soft drinks and most days they run out of things butter etc. there is a pub joined on to the hotel but u had to pay for food and drink in there which is not right as it is part of the hotel. but we chose to drink in there as the drink in hotel was not the same couldnt drink it. but the staff were very friendly and tried to help you. the day we were leaving there was a argument in the reception with 2 couples and the manager as they wanted to be moved to another hotel because of the hygiene there, we even paid for food down the road a bit a little bar called union jack the food was fab in there.....

6  Thank laula708
Reviewed February 13, 2013

i wasn't looking forward to visiting Egypt again. Last time I stayed, it was in a different hotel, it was awful. My partner has to go over due to family and they have no room in their apartment for us to stay so we are forced to stay in hotels. On arrival, Mr Ahmed was at the desk waiting for us. Our bags where taken to our room by a member of staff. As we arrived late, they opened the buffet open just for us without us having to ask! On our 2nd day, we decided to have a chilled day, so we stayed round the pool. The pool side bar was amazing and every member of staff were so helpful and willing to help with anything. I have a very sensitive stomach, so i can't have anything with any spices, the restaraunt staff went out of their way to make sure I was catered for. Mr Ahmed, such a nice gentleman. he stopped to talk to us everyday, asking about our visit and if everything was ok, couldnt have done enough for us to make out stay any more enjoyable. Rooms, plenty of room, clean, and good air con. We felt very safe whilst in the hotel, which we havn't felt in every hotel whilst being in Egypt! I would like to thank Mr Ahmed and every member in his staff team, thank you for making our stay so relaxed in a very stressful time for us both. We Will deffo be back soon! cant wait for sun, family and hotel staff, and you can't say that about every hotel you go to! I hope this helps anybody thinking about staying at this hotel!

2  Thank Emily H
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just arrived back from this so called "hotel" With my girlfriend stayed there from jan31st to 7 feb,when we arrived staff were pleasant in fact they were for the whole wk, we couldn't fault them.the room we had was dirty, the towels were thread bear , our patio door would not lock and the so called security safe wasnt even bolted to anything so you could just pick it up and walk away with it. the room was separated by a thin door to a adjacent room and belive me we were up all nite by a couple of youngsters playing dance music tii 5 in the morning. the food was the same thing every day chicken beef in gravy mash potato veg and fish every day after day. this is not a all inclusive hotel we paid for, they constantly run out of diet coke, butter,it was a joke,the swimming pool is freezing its not heated so if you want a swim you will be frozen.by the way the shower is constantly freezing theres no hot water in the room! And to top it all off i bought a lovely egyptian ash tray in bronze for my girlfriend to take home to find it got pinched from our case in the room!!!! when i told the staff they didnt seemed interested as we found out there was a lot of theiving going on at this HOTEL !!!! Save your money !!!

4  Thank SteveGriffiths
Reviewed February 3, 2013

even though the hotel is quite decent and the staff are great the management especially mr akmed are despicable.the general manager doesnt know or care what is going on in his hotel.upon arriving my safe wasnt working ,my own fault i should have sorted it nevertheless i wasnt expecting a duplicate entry key to being made and my money getting stolen from my room .all this was shown on the print out for entrees to my room ,on the same day it showed the cleaner went in my room four times,the funniest thing was he didnt even clean it!!!! all very strange ,any way even armed with this the management did nothing except tell me they were investigating the they wouldnt even contact the police basically they were fobbing me of every day till i left.i could go into more detail if you would like to know more do not hesitate to contact me vinobi68@hotmail.co.uk or 07903117939

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank vincent o
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#95 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Faraana Heights Resort
#29 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!