“holiday experience”

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Paignton, United Kingdom
“holiday experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Rooms spacious, kept clean & linen changed on regular basis. Staff fantastic, always helpful, thankyou to the pool towel man, bar staff, reception, & dining room staff. The internal evening bar is a no go area, Egyptians holding time share meetings every night,so any music turned off by them. The hotel surely has a room suitable for meetings instead of making paying guests feel like they are intruding.
There was no drinking water available at the pool bar for at least four days, they ran out of coke, tonic & sprite. I complained to management, it was sorted. Next day we ran out of glasses ( bad move having glass at pool bar), eventually sorted. next day we were out of mixers again. After speaking to management things got better. There were a maximum of twenty people using the pool bar, hope a coach party doesnt turn up ! !
Food ok, the waiters served us fried eggs on toast every morning, bless em.
The animation team made this hotel. Big thankyou to Ash-Leigh, Metta, Harrison & Nathan (we could have danced all nite ! ) We had a good laugh thanks to Ann & her jingle bells.
Overall this is a good hotel, but management needs to get a grip. The problems can make or break someones holiday, and its a shame.

Room Tip: 95% of rooms have pool view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Eastbourne
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our first holiday to Sharm, not many complaints what so ever, weather was perfect, Staff were great, couldn't do enough for you, the Animation team, nathan, Ash-leigh, Harry and Veedo were superb! The hotel it's self was lovely, if you're looking for a quiet and relaxed holiday this is the place to be. The food on the other hand, well.. Nothing is like mum's home cooked meals, but here in this hotel, not much variety, not much warmth to the food either, always found it was cold or at the very most luke warm. Did get a slight case of egyptian tummy, but nothing to extreme, we always found with the meals there was SOMETHING there for everybody, chicken, beef, fish, pasta, rice, but like i said not much to chose from. Would we return again? YES! The beach is only a short shuttle bus ride away, the town is a leisurely 15 walk down the road with plenty of restaurants , cafe's and bars to chose from. If you're looking for a good night out, the Animation guys are more than happy to take you out to the best spots around town.. so overall for this hotel, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: As far as we found out, all rooms overlook the pool area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vic R
Daytona beach
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed in the hotel in mid October ,
first impression when you walk in is not great , the reception area is far from Grand
but once i got to the room i was amazed , the room was massive and overlooking the pool
it was very clean but was missing few things , a dust bin , a don't disturb sign , when i asked i was told that the hotel is now under new management and they are basically doing soft opening so they needed few tweaks here and there , nonetheless the room was very clean

Pool : was clean with some activity in the morning , to be honest i didn't use it but it looked nice

food : tasty food with good quality which is something you don't see in all inclusive hotels , the problem is you get limited choice , but the quality is good , over all not too bad

Beach : they have a deal with a nearby hotel where you get a ticket , nice beach with big lagoon , there was no shuttle bus or anything from the hotel to the beach ( or at least i didn't see any ) , so it was good 15 minutes walk to the beach

overall with the price i paid , it was a good choice , good value for the money

Room Tip: all rooms can see the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Adamam
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is really nice with large rooms that are cleaned regularly. The staff were very helpful apart from 1 or 2 reception staff that weren't very helpful as we never got a safe as we requested on a number of occasions.
The food wasn't very good at all. Alot of it was stone cold, it wasn't replenished regularly and there wasn't a great variety. The pool bar repeatedly ran out of soft drinks and glasses, not to any fault of the bar staff. They should have plastic glasses for around the pool for safety reasons. In the evening in the bar time share sales men were having meetings with Egyptian customers which greatly affected the atmosphere in the bar, they repeatedly turned down or turned off the music so we did not feel welcome in the bar on evenings.

HOLIDAY HIGHLIGHT- The animation team in the hotel Vedoo, Harrison, Ash-leigh and Nathan were excellent! They were always very friendly, asked everyone to join in activities and were always willing to help you and give advice. They always had activities to do and if you didn't want to participate they didn't hassle you. They were the best part of our holiday.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lukecurtis
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

i would not recommend this hotel to anyone the pictures must have been taken 7 years a go,full of Russain only one other English couple after been told it was a mostly English hotel . There i a bus for the beach when it turns up we tried 4 times still don`t know what it looks like, if you get hot water 2 days out of 2 weeks you will be lucky.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley S
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hello Everyone. I have just come back from staying at the Aqua hotel Resort and Spa I would like to say that in my experience I had a lovely time hear. All the staff were friendly and willing to do things for you such as carry your coffee to the table, explaine what is on the menu etc. The room was cleaned daily and fresh towels also daily.

The food was very good considering I am fussy with my food but anything I asked them to cook for me they did with a smile and it was always delicious and hot. I have heard people say that the food was not hot but if you leave going to eating until the restaurant is nearly closed then that would be true. There was a Chef who had worked in Americia and of course other chefs so the food was varied, but being English I missed my chips and egg so I asked or this and it was done for me. The head chef dressed in black also made my stay welcoming and very enjoyable I would like to say a big thank you especially to him.

In my room the shower bracket was broken on arrival and I did not say anything the next day it was fixed. All the staff try to please so hard and the staff have a smile for you from management right down to the gardeners, they are beauitiful people. I did not manage to go into the Spa for anything however I was shown around the spa everything was clean and I did have several massarge's and they were wonderful, this comes highly recommended as I have an injury to my neck and it needed a good masarge to free it up.

The Annimation team were brilliant and helped to make my holiday, there are two young men from England Harry and Naithen hello boys they were just great and lovely to speak to and of course the ladies in the team made you welcome too. Holiday is what people make of it the Annimation team never pushed you into doing things but were happy when you joined in. The Egyption staff by the pool etc were also fun their sence of humour was remarkable and they like to laugh with you.

There was always someone you could go to for help if you needed anything 24 hour reception they also were friendley and had a smile for you. You felt safe with the security at the hotel as I travelled on my own that was importaint for me.

I walked into Nebq on several occasions and there were a few of pusshy Egyptions trying to sell you something but it is no where near as bad as in Namma Bay area. Beware of the camel owners they want to charge you a lot of money for a picture with a camel, but this is of course outside the hotel.

The day before I left I cried my eyes out because I had such an enjoyable holiday and I will miss the people who helped to make my holiday special, some of these people have nothing but they make you feel like a princess and a valued person. Fron The Aqua Hotel it is around a 10 minuet walk up into the town and the beach. I used a company called Wings for my transfers and as always an excellent service from them. I used the local but to go to Namma Bay no problems with this at all.

There are tour operators around the pool but again they were not pushy if you did not want to do anything, which is as it should be after all you are on holiday. Hello Gentlemen.

The only downside for me was there was no information in the rooms about times for example breakfast started from 7am you did get told this on arival at reception but when you take a night flight you are tired and don't retain the info. So if there was a small booklet for advice that would be better.

A young Russian got injured by the ping pong table whilst I was there he had been swimming in the pool and was dripping water on the floor his flip flops made him slip and down he went injuring his elbow and I believe they did not have a first Aid box, luckily I am a nurse and patched his elbow up for him, so take some first aid things out with you, of course if it's bad use your insurance to get treated.

I would go back to this hotel again and please do not be put off by going to this hotel, there are some things that could be made better that may give them a four star rateing but as it's so often said you get what you pay for if people want a five star hotel then they have to pay for it. I had no problems with this hotel or the staff.

Room Tip: I can only speak for the room I was in 2007 which was a brilliant room it was quiet most of the time...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Denise R
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm 19 and stayed here with 2 friends of the same age on the 19th July- 31st July 2012.
Hotel is about a 10minute taxi ride away from the airport. Make sure you only pay 20 Egyptian pounds and no more as taxi drivers do try to take the p**s.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the receptionist who had someone carry our cases to our room. Rooms are very clean and spacious with a beautiful pool view.

The pool is massive! With plenty of sunbeds and sunbathing space around the pool. They also have a swim up pool bar which was handy, we spent most of our time sitting up their talking and joking around with the bar staff. Lovely people! Aspecially Kareem. He made sure we were looked after. Only downside was that their was limited drinks, they only served, coke, lemonade, fanta, orange juice, blackcurrent juice, vodka, beer, tequilla, gin and rum.

Food was okay, i have had better and it was slightly repetitive but at the end of the day you get for what you pay for, if you don't like it don't eat it.
Kitchen is clean and all food well presented.
All kitchen staff were really friendly and were constantly making sure you were okay for drinks.They also often made you their own cocktails and asked for your opinion.

Hotel was a little on the quiet side when we stayed and their was no people of our own age to mix with or make friends with, but that didn't end up mattering in the end because we still had a fantastic time! Although if you are looking for a lively non-stop party holiday this is not the place to be. It is more of a relaxation, take it easy holiday.

However if you did want to liven it up abit then a taxi into Nama bay is about 30/40 Egyptian or 50/60 Egyptian for a return. Taxi ride took about 15/20mins. Plenty of Clubs, Resteraunts Bars and Sheisha bars, a few of my favorites were, Pacha, Palm Lounge, Little Buddah and Camel Bar.

Space Nightclub is also a must! (20minute taxi ride from hotel)

All clubs have a swimming pool in, which me and my friends were amazed at! :)

Pataya Beach Party is a must on a Tuesday Night! Best night i had out their, it was amazing! (5 minute taxi ride from hotel)
Pataya Beach is also a free beach open to the public during the day. There was a shuttle bus that left the hotel to take guests to the beach, one at 9am the other at 10am, then they would pick you up from the beach at 1pm. It doesn't sound like a lot of time but trust me it is enough as the beach gets way too hot!

There are a few shops next to the hotel including a souvenir shop, supermarket and wi-fi bar.

Old Market is about half hour taxi ride. Best market to get your knock off designer bags, purses clothes etc...

Overall my time in Sharm el Sheikh and my time at this hotel was an enjoyable experience. I would definatly return here again in the near future. Don't let bad reviews put you off! xx

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank SarahRose93
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Falcon Hills Hotel
Falcon Hills Hotel
#79 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#93 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Faraana Heights Resort
Faraana Heights Resort
#27 of 31 in Nabq Bay

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!