“good hotel but don't eat the food”

Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed August 24, 2011

this is a good hotel, most staff are friendly eg: Natalie from Guest Relations is great, you can talk to her anytime, Animation Team are so much fun to be around and please do join in with the games. Epram from the massage place is so good, thanks to him i no longer have pain in my leg..(thanks Epram, you done a great job). Sorry i can't remember the guy who gives out the towels but he's always got a smile for you. Apart from the food, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the hotel, it is nice to hear positive things about Sharm Bride hotel and i am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

With regards to the food issue, we do have a Foreign Chef now and the food has improved dramatically, i'm sorry you was not here to witness this huge change but should you visit Sharm Bride again i'm sure you will agree that we have moved forward in a very positive way.

We do hope you visit Sharm Bride again and see the changes that are being made and can experience just how wonderful Egypt is and you leave 100% happy.

There are newer reviews for Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed there with my friend and his family the first couple of days was not so bad until someone did there business in the pool which was discusting and they refused to clean it despite 6 complantes and the food was terrible all I ate for the first couple of days was bread and at one point was considering moving hotel but instead used the money to eat out every night but really should not have to if you are all inclusive and they took one of the beds when I did say no and we got locked out of our room over 6 times cause the deactivated the card but all in all the entertainment was watchable but that was the only thing for kids at night it was a mini disco the best entertainment was the little jive bar at the side of the hotel which had football and all sports on the Telly all day and night

• Stayed: July 2011

Firstly i would like to apologize for the issues and problems youe experienced here at Top Choice Resorts (Sharm Bride), and thank you for raising your concerns with us and giving us the chance the rectify the areas that need correcting.

Of course if there are still issues with the food it is your right to ask for any other food which you prefer (without charge) and the chefs will prepare it for you, i can only apologize that this solution was not offered to you whilst you were here.

As you can appreciate guests of different Nationalities all live by different cultures, and sometimes the mannersims can be quite different from your own therefore addressing the issue regarding the 'business in the pool' yes it is the hotels duty to ensure hygeine and we are happy to ensure this is undertaken however we have to respect all guests in house and when such an issue is raised it creates further issues and inconvenience to other guests, for example, the pool was thouroughly cleaned and had to therfore be closed for a hour which caused several complaints from other guests, although this is an issue that must be corrected immediately there was still guests refusing to vacate the pool. This you can understand is not a fault of the hotel but we do take responsibility and try to fix areas of concern with little inconvenience to guets.

I'm sorry that you found the entertainment unsatisfactory, as previuosly stated we are under new management and step by step these areas will be modified for the better.

The key card issue is a frustrating subject for guests but i have to clarify the fault does not lie with the hotel. Usually when key cards are placed near or beside any electronic equipment such as mobile phones or maybe sometimes keys this can deactivate the card, a short trip to reception and the issues is resolved.

We do hope you visit Sharm Bride again to witness the changes we have made and that you will enjoy your stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We got back yesterday because we cut our holiday short and paid 300 to get home only 2 days earlier, we were happy to do this as the food at this hotel was terrible. were not fussy eaters or a fussy family but even we found the food to be inedible, cold, no variety and definitely not catered for the English, you could order pizza but that came at a price, we complained after a couple of days about the food and drink, the food/drink manager mohammed then offered us a meal of our choice, we chose shrimp cocktail, steak and fruit platter for dessert we were then charged over 11 pounds English money each because apparently it was a la carte and that is not included in all inclusive, there is only 1 restaurant which does not serve a late breakfast!!!! we went for dinner at 8.10pm one night to find hardly any food left but a scraping of hard liver, i complained about this and was given 2 pizzas free between the 4 of us any more and we had to pay, we spent over 1500 eating and drinking out at the union jack bar which might i add is fantastic, welcoming and good prices. i complained to my holiday rep victor who i found to be arrogant, had a attitude and not very helpful, he tried to belittle me by getting staff and speaking between themselves whilst i was sat there which i found to be downright rude, i told him after only 3 days i wanted to go home due to the food he just shrugged his shoulders, i never dealt with him again after that!!! Mohammed the food manager told me i was angry, disrespectful and never trusted him because i complained about the food and quality of it, in total he had over 1200 Egyptian pounds off us for food we wanted which i think he kept and robbed us, you have to pay for rose wine and are not offered white or red wine, there is definitely no beach bar and the lobby bar is tiny, the jive bar is ok but u have to pay for drinks in there. if u want drinks from the tiny lobby bar they are served in small glasses like whisky glasses but make sure you hold onto that glass because next time you go to the bar you can guarantee they would have run out of glasses, also run out of beer alot, U cannot have a bottle of beer on your all inclusive but you can buy them!!!!!!!!! the pool bar serves drinks in plastic half pint glasses which you can live with but it certainly is not open until 11pm it shuts at around 5pm, the snacks that are served between 3pm and 5pm consist of a small bun with half a hotdog and a piece of cucumber or pepper, or a dry slice of cheese, these are not served freely they are hidden and u have to ask for them so if u dont ask u dont get, they dont start serving them until 4pm even if u ask. i have been on many all inclusive holidays and have never had to spend money eating out, there were many people complaining and lots of complaints put in at the hotel, it is false advertisement in a massive way!!!!!!
The reception staff i found to be unhelpful and look straight through you, unless you were russian, they made out they did not understand you but i was told by the hotel inspector (Natalie Stratford) which i met and put my complaint in with on my last day that they do speak english. i found some staff to be polite and welcoming having a laugh and joke with you but they were also staff that hardly spoke to you unless you were russian!!!! i have never been so unhappy on a holiday that i wanted to come home early, it was meant to be a family holiday for me, my partner, mum and disabled brother but i can safely say its put me off ever visiting egypt again!!!! the entertainment team try there best but are not given the facilities and budget to make the best of it which is sad. the rooms were big but light switches hanging off the wall in our rooms. on a plus side the laundry is very good and the cleaners do a good job. my advice would be to stay away from this hotel its a waste of money. the safe is not secured and the air con doesnt work properly either. there is one restaurant and no a la carte restaurant for our a la carte food we had to sit on a makeshift dining area on the island in the middle of the pool which is a joke!!!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Holiday from hell would be an understatment for this holiday. The arrival into reception was good very inviting and frendly, Taken to room where the bath was full of the previous persons hair, complained and moved to another room. This room was dirty and full of ants, curtains that did'nt shut so had to be pinned together, the bathroom sink leaked for 3 days and we had to put a bucket under it to catch the water. The smoke alarm was missing and wires just hanging from the ceiling. Outside the room there was loads of black bags full of rubish that the local dogs eat out of all night. The food was terrible an example of this was fish heads for lunch, the kids ate nothing but bread rolls for days, we also complained about this and they did start doing chips on some occations. We all had D+V for the 2 weeks we were there and on return to the UK, we have all had to go to our GPs for further tests. The pool area was ok but again a brocken bed left in the same spot for two weeks. the beach also looked like there had been a tornado the night before. the best thing about this hotel was the departure day !!!!!!!

1  Thank Annette M

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time in raising the issues you experienced whilst staying at Sharm Bride Hotel.

I have read your review thoroughly and can only apologize on behalf of Sharm Bride Hotel.

I would like to discuss and try to clarify the issues which you have stated.

You describe how your room was dirty and garbage was left in areas situated near to the hotel which attracted the local dogs.

Firstly I would like to inform you that housekeeping visit each guests rooms daily and carry out their duties in the same manner for each different room, I have noted your complaint but can only deem this as a one off as several other guests have complimented the housekeeping department and have even provided this is in writing (for confidentiality reasons I am unfortunately unable to attach the documents, however such documentation is forwarded to the relevant offices and departments).
With regards to the litter situation I have seen your attached photograph and disagree that this was taken anywhere on or near the hotel premises, I know the grounds of the hotel and the grounds outside and around the hotel, this is not part of the hotel, the litter is not from the hotel as we use white trash can liners not black refuse sacks and is therefore not the hotels responsibility although I do apologize that you had to witness such a thing.

In reading your review I understood that the food provided by Sharm Bride was not to your standard or taste, this is an ongoing issue within the hotel and it is being rectified. Sharm Bride is in the process of hiring a new team of chefs (one of which we have now) to ensure a better quality of food for guests of any Nationality, again I apologize that this urgent need was not met during your stay.

After viewing all of your attached photographs the two that caught my attention was those concerning the electrical cable (fire alarm) and the curtains.

Here at Sharm bride I personally carry out all inspections with regards to these issues regularly and can only assume (after viewing yours and other rooms prior to your arrival) that the fire alarm was removed by yourself as I am quite certain it was fixed to the ceiling prior to your check in.
The curtain was also somehow joined together and that was also carried out by yourself which you confirm in your letter.

When a member from the housekeeping department visit each room it is part of their daily duties to document any significant changes within any guests rooms, this discovery was forwarded to the relevant department who then decides whether to charge the guests for damages, in this case you was not asked.

I do however apologize for all the issues that left you unsatisfied and can only hope should you visit Sharm Bride again you are able to see the changes we are making.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Generally: as for the price - it wasn't so bad (except the food - it was really nasty). With my friend we had really bad experience with restaurant (?) service, had to wait for a looong time just to get quite clean table, fork... Front desk reception service was really wonderful. Very helpful with ordering cheap transportation to downtown. What is great in this hotel if you're searching for a place to relax and party - each evening they take you by bus to different disco. You don't pay for entrance/transportations, only for drinks inside.

Please be careful with money and deposites - during the first day I put my wallet there and someone has stolen ~50 EURO from it. I was really angry but service was really willing to help and in the end Manager proposed free trip to me and my Friend and the cost of the excursion was definitely much higher than 50 EURO. Probably this solution was proposed because we are women, but for me the most important thing was that I didn't lose money and had a wonderful trip.

Room was really clean and big, we were lucky to have one in the red complex (there's also second line of buildings in white complex but didn't check them).
What is also a nighmare is the "main" bar. If you don't give at least couple dinars in the beginning - you can forget normal glassess and everything you order you'll get in a tiny glasses (and only half). Pool bar was with the great bartender Kabu who was really friendly, but he quit in November and moved to other hotel.

So in general - I'd recommend this hotel for friends who just want to have some fun and do not have too high expectations, not for a families with children.

Room Tip: Rooms in first line of buildings - red ones - are big and have a great view
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We arrived on the 25th July for a two week holiday, this hotel does not cater for an international clientele, the guests were 95% Egyptian and so the food, entertainment etc was not suitable for myself and two teenage children. We complained to our rep and moved after one night to the TIran Hotel, which was excellent.

1  Thank louisesimmons11

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it's nice to see an honest review.

The issues i'd like to clarify is regards to the food; The hotel is under new management and is therefore being restructured in every way from the bottom the the top, this i'm sure you can appreciate does not happen overnight but changes are being made and will continue to improve over time.

I am sorry to see that some money was taken from you, unfortunately this is an issue we face not alot but rarely, and we do take it seriously. As you can understand all we can ask of our guests is to keep thier belongings safe, staff have also had personal belongings and monies stolen from them, this is something we try to control but of course it is not easy to approach a guest in such a matter.

I am pleased that reception was able to meet your needs and that an excursion was offered, this is the least we as a hotel can do to compensate for your loss.

I have to disagree slightly with your comment regarding 'Not a family with children resort', Sharm Bride hotel are able to accomodate all booking types, singles, couples, families and friends, we are are able to balance this comfortably rather than being branded as just a 'family' or 'clubbers' resort.

We hope that should you decide to visit Egypt again you visit Sharm Bride and are able to see the steps we are taking to perfect each guests stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Having read some of the previous reviews I agree/disagree with some of the comments but will give an account of what we thought.

Arrival - We arrived at about 9.30pm and were met by a friendly enough member of staff. However, I checked that we had a double room which the member of staff confirmed but when we got to room surprise it was two twin beds! I rang to query this and I was told that there wasn't a double bed available. I queried the fact that the hotel looked quite empty and after some debate we were given a double room. Finally low cost states "for those checking in late there is a late dinner in the main restaurant from 11pm to 2am", we were told that food would be sent to room but I'm afraid this never happened!

As for actual room this was spacious, clean and more than adequate. We never had any problems with our cleaner who in all fairness worked his a**e of from 8am till 5pmish. We did have one incident where the key wouldn't work but it was sorted out.

Food - In my opinion the food was fine and yes I did have the odd bought of 'running to the toilet' but to be honest I stayed in a 5* hotel last year and still experienced this. Breakfast - Always bread, pastry, jam, cheese, eggs, omelette, juice, tomatoes, beans and rest was Egyptian food. In my opinion this is ample choice.
Lunch/Dinner - Always cakes, salad, soup, pasta station, vegetables, rice, fish, meat but yes sometimes it was cooked Egyptian style.
I'm afraid if you want traditional 'English food' then you need to remember that England this is not and maybe you would be better suited to another country. My only complaint was that whilst we were there the hotel had a lot of Egyptians staying. This I didn't have a problem with but the fact that they would pile their tables high with food and then leave it really bugged me, along with the fact that the food sometimes then wasn't replaced!

The head chef was such a lovely guy and did his best to try and please you in any way that was possible. Oh low cost states "Guests can also enjoy dinner in the La Gondola a la carte restaurant which opens from 7pm to 10pm and serves Italian and fish specialties (reservation is required in advance)" - Hmm this wasn't open at any point whilst we were there! We did ask and were told that we could still have an a la carte meal served in the main restaurant so we ordered the seafood option - Hmm they brought a pizza and when challenged we were told that they couldn't find any speciality fish!!! The chef was very apologetic and when I put him that maybe it was more of a financial problem it wasn't admitted/or denied so say no more!

Finally low cost quotes "late breakfast from 10am to 11am" - not true/ "Snacks are available at the Pergola Bar from 4pm to 5pm" - During first few days this wasn't true at all. After some questioning from guests a 'snack' did appear usually a hot dog or a pancake but nothing more!.

Staff - In my opinion the majority of the floor staff are the saving grace as for management as the saying goes "Too many chiefs, not enough Indians" - In other words lot's of management walking round on their mobile phones but not particularly doing anything worthwhile. Bar staff for instance Sam (who was great! along with Tito and Ahmed) would be working behind the bar but also expected to be glass collector, waiter, cleaner, stock replenisher resulting in chaos. What was most annoying was the fact that management never stepped in and did anything and when questioned why there was no soft drinks would try to blame it on the poor member of staff who were running round like blue ars*d flies!

Animation staff ‘Mado and Mahmood’ were great guys and put some very long hours in. These guys really do work hard and are worth their weight in gold and in my opinion need more recognition from the managers!

I'm not sure if it's a money issue but there is definitely not enough staff working.

Final points 'Glasses' I have never stayed in a hotel that runs out of glasses to serve your drinks in as much! Yes the beer was warm sometimes but I suspect this was due to the above staffing issues. Yes big glasses as oppose to thimble sized ones are like gold dust!
In my opinion this wasn't the worst hotel I have stayed in and I didn't let the minor problems spoil my holiday but I suspect if changes are not made then this hotel will have a very short life span!
Would I go back, no - Why? because there are much nicer hotels without the minor problems which could ruin your holiday. In my opinion the managment need to listen to the staff and guests and chip in and make changes!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Firstly i would like to thank you for your review, it is nice to see a balanced, clear and concise review.

The issues which you have raised are issues that are being corrected.

Sharm Bride hotel is under new management and therefore we are working to improve the areas which you have stated.

In all honesty the financial aspect is a slight issue, mainly our problem is that for example we tend to find ourselves replacing things that should not be repaired or replaced, this is due to guests damaging, destroying and occasionally taking things without permission.
While this is not at all your fault and you shouldnt have to endure the effects of this outrageous behaviour it is something we are trying to control.

The Ala carte restuarant is available but you are very correct, it is prior to rservation, usually the day before, if there are only for example two guests dining in the Ala carte restaurant it is not cost effective to use it, this of course is not your fault but is being improved.

The 'snack' issue is also something we are looking to manage better, we do run a snack time round by the pool area however as soon as it is displayed it is taken, as you can understand (the same as any hotel) there is an ingredient budget which limits us to serve and provide a certain amount of food, therefore concluding that once it is consumed and the ingredient amount is finished we cannot replenish the snacks. This is not your fault nor is it your responsibilty, we just ask guests to understand and try to be a tad more considerate to other in house guests.

The late breakfast/lunch/dinner is an option which is avialable to guests but it is again with reservation, it is not logical to extend the restuarant hours just to see who turns up, the Food & Beverage department has to prepare for thr next meal sitting and therefore we have to maintain an element of control for this. This service is 100% available but it has to be with reservation.

I am happy to read that you did enjoy your stay here at Sharm Bride and you have given an understanding and honest opinion, i hope that should you Visit Egypt again you come back to Sharm Bride to see the changes we are making and are 100% satisfied.

Your comments help us to improve our services and we hope to achive all of the areas concerned.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#95 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Faraana Heights Resort
#29 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!