“wow wow wow”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“wow wow wow”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We have just returned from from our very first trip to Egypt. We went with mixed feelings having heard both good and bad reports about the cleanliness etc. We have had a fantastic holiday in this brilliant hotel. The staff, food and cleanliness are outstanding. There is an army of pleasant, well groomed staff to attend to your every need. Lots of variety in a great range of restaurants, we had no problem booking into the al a carte's, but if you couldn't the Zodiac buffet restaurant was the best we have ever come across. Management are in evidence everywhere and want to chat to you to see what you think!. First choice customers had exclusive use of a restaurant for breakfast and lunch, again was fab. Cannot say enough about this hotel would definitely go again!!!!. Well positioned in Nabq bay without having to go into Naama, although they provided a free shuttle if you wanted to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (871)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My two aunts and I have just returned from the Royal Grand Azure after a 10 day holiday.
A very good hotel with high quality service and staff. We were very grateful for the First Choice added bonus of having breakfast and lunch in the Raj Restaurant. This was so much more relaxed than the main restaurant. The staff were friendly and very helpful although sometimes they needed to be asked twice for an extra cup and saucer.
The main bar again was well serviced by staff but once served a drink they became quite uncomfortable if I tried to carry my own drinks? a bit weird!
Our room was great, with three of us sharing the extra bed did not make it crowded. However the main beds were a bit hard and trying to explain that we wanted extra duvets to cushion our poor old bones was difficult but got there in the end.
All of these very small problems could be put down to the newness of the hotel.
This is the third time I have been to Sharm and this was by far the best and friendliest hotel. I cannot wait to go back there.
As for Sharm, please remember that November is bad for mozzies so plenty of spray and plug in insect killers for your room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Arrived at the Royal Grand Azure, admittedly check in was a wait due to the large number of people but friendly and helpful. All our luggage was taken to our rooms, and we were each shown to our seperate rooms by an assistant who were very friendly and more then willing to carry our bags. The hotel is spotless. And I mean spotless. Couldn't fault the rooms at all. Enormanous, big beds, big bathrooms. Good views. The staff here are also exceptional. So friendly, especially all the bar staff. Always around to ask you how your days been, go up enough and they'll learn what you drink and you won't have to ask again! Beach and pools are both immaculate too. If your going, make sured you snoekel off the end of the jetty on the beach, lots to see! Food is very good too. Noticed the complaints but we couldn't fault it at all. Especially the chinease and italian resturants. I think they only complaint would be that they didn't have alot of nightlife for adults. Kids entertainment in the evening but that was it. But find one of the animation team and they run nights out into Naama bay, with all inclusive nights to bars etc.
Had an amazing time at the Royal Grand Azure and would return no problem at all.

• Stayed November 2010
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Hotel very big and on the whole very well layed out with many pools and its own beach area.
It was very busy during our stay due to the Egyptian Air Show on in the area so some of the points may not arise at quieter times.
Inadequate bar areas for the size of the hotel.
Beach bar very poor for the quality of hotel both with service and food.
Hotel is all inclusive and buffet restaurant not controlled so like a cattle market at meal times although the food was very good.
It needs a head waiter and guests shown to a table as in most other quality inclusive hotels
The four Al le carte restauramts were excellent although long queues to book them, this changed on the day we were leaving so should be better for the future.
Rooms excellent as indeed were the housekeeping staff.
The usual problem with towels on the sunbeds around the pools and beach earlier than ever AND the British seemed to be the worst culprits.
For a number of years I have not booked through a Travel Agent but online, in this case it was through First Choice and Paula their rep. at the hotel couldnt be more helpful.
We had an early room problem and my wife had a slight accident whilst there but this was all dealt with calmly and professionally by her.
She was always there for a quick word but not in your face.
The hotel doctor was very quickly on the scene when my wife had the accident as indeed was the hotel customer relations manager and excellent service by both.
In conclusion the hotel seems to have a very happy feel about it. with very nice staff from managers down, all really nice people.
Yes, there are things wrong but it is a very new hotel and the management seem very quick to react where changes are needed.
Already looking to book the same hotel for next year.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
GroupQualityManager, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Dear Garro47

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As a management team we are interested to read or hear from all of our guests and welcome the opportunity to acknowledge any suggestions as to how we can improve. You are correct in that during your stay the resort was indeed very busy however we apologise if our service did not meet your expectation and will certainly address some of the issues you have highlighted.

We do hope to see you and your wife again in the Royal Grand Azure.

Sue Horner
Group Quality Manager
Premier Hotels
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stayed for one week in November 2010 in a Junior Suite with Sea View. When we arrived we discovered we hadn't been put in a room with a sea view, however, when speaking with Reception this was sorted overnight and we moved to a Junior Suite (Room 21105) with panoramic views of the sea. This hotel is beautiful, very clean, spacious rooms, lots of swimming pools and the staff go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. In particular, Samir Mohmeed in the Lobby Bar always made sure we had plenty to drink and didn't even like our glasses to run dry! Emad Salah Aziz (Chef at The Raj) ensured our breakfast and lunches were served to perfection and always with a smile! Mohmoud Kasem and Hatem Mohamed always helpful every morning with towels and full of local knowledge on the best places and times to visit. All people in particular made our stay even more pleasurable.

Evening restaurants - food quality dropped slightly compared to breakfast and lunch at the Raj with exceptiion of the Italian restaurant, well worth a visit.

If you are looking for somewhere to visit once in Sharm, I can highly recommend Soho Square, a visit to the Queen Vic for Steak is a must!

1 Thank SatisfiedTraveller26
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My wife, adult daughter and i stayed at this hotel on an all inclusive basis for 1 week commencing November 4th, 2010. The actual hotel we booked was the Tropicana Grand Azure (TGA) however, when we arrived at reception we learned that there appeared to be an over-booking and that we would have to stay for two nights at the Royal Grand. I informed the front desk manager that we weren’t keen on unpacking and repacking and enquired that if we liked the Royal Grand could we continue our stay there, his answer was yes and the rest is now history, suffice to say we did continue our holiday at the Royal. Albeit this 'transfer' of hotels at the time was quite upsetting for my wife as she had stayed at the TGA last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it, it was the reason why she booked it and as the three of us had never enjoyed a holiday together we did not want any hotel that could conspire against us having a "ball". (As an aside I must mention here to the management of the TGA that the free taxi ride they organised for us was one of the worst 5 minutes drive i have ever experienced, frightening (driving in reverse with the boot up at speed the wrong way down a dual carriageway) to say the least and driven by the rudest and most insincere driver ive ever encountered. The only thing he said during the short drive was the word "tips" and appeared outraged at a 20 LE tip and was about 1 second way from leaving with my daughter’s case in his car! Thumbs down to TGA on that score)
OK time to cut to the chase, our arrival at the reception was very impressive and the front desk team were very efficient. We were escorted to our room by some of the superb porters, and what can i say apart from Oh my god! and WOW! A family room offering loads of wardrobe space, a huge 'wet room' with a fab shower head that so impressed us. The family room provided two separate mini rooms, one with two single beds the other with a double bed separated by partition wall with interconnecting door and a large glass window complete with a privacy curtain. The mattresses were very firm but we all enjoyed lovely and unbroken nights sleep. The room with the single beds had a very clean, modern and functioning fridge and both 'rooms' contained dressing table areas with ample space to blow dry hair and apply make-up!!! :-), not that I ever used a hair dryer or make-up pencils though! Also each room contained 32" flat screen tv's with around 5-6 English cannels including, Fox News, Fox Serials, Fox Movies, BBC World service and one or two other English speaking channels.
The staff of this hotel need a special mention, i cannot name them all thats for sure, but front desk team headed by its manager Amer Mustafa must be congratulated, and i personally salute him and his colleagues, all of them that i spoke with were first class but a special mention to Haitham Wata on the front desk who was absolutely superb, even when we had a mini potential 'disaster' he was a consummate professional with an fluent and an amazing command of the English language, he is a star of a man and a credit to the Royal Grand Azure. Another credit to the RGA is the guest relation ‘officier’ Kelly, a wonderful lady, I understand from London, who helped more people than I care to remember, the buzz word around the Royal Grand, if you had a problem, was KELLY!! Thanks for everything Kelly including helping me exchange Stirling, I’m not the sharpest tool in the box!!!

Back to the hotel facilities, the food in the Main Restaurant (buffet style) is very varied and of good quality, however im reliably informed that the freshly baked bread rolls and croissant's at breakfast and the 'fabulous' desserts at the Tropicana Grand Azure won over the Royal Grand by a good margin. I would also mention that the food snacks available during the day were not that varied and i think introducing some BBQ show cooking or even a more varied snack menu would be very appreciated amongst the guests in my opinion. There are several restaurants, the main buffet one can be a “bun fight” experience especailly if you arrive at a busy time, however we found the “Raj” was available to any Thomson / Thomas Cook(?) customers, so it was not available, so I understand it, to Russian and other European clientele. After day two we always eat at the Raj for breakfast and lunch, a much for relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable dining experience, and another special mention goes to Emad the chef, a fab bloke, always smiling and always happy at his work, another consummate professional. There are several “speciality” restaurants available to guests which you have to book 24 hours in advance in reception commencing around 10am (you can only book one restaurant per day, unless there is availability on the day you wish to attend) Be warned the queues start early, and a 40-45 queue is possible. We eat at the Italian and Chinese and both had a good and varied menu, all the waiters served us in a timely and courteous manner and were always very helpful and obliging, even with special requests (food type!). I very much enjoyed the Veal dish at the Italian, in fact it was superb.
During the day time we used the Royal Pool which was very quiet, Parasols were always available, and the Pool guys who gave out the towels (your issued with a towel ‘credit card’, each evening simply return the towels and the card is returned to you!) and looked after the sunbeds and general ‘housekeeping’ with the pool and its surrounds. Another special mention to my friend Emad Hamdy, who was magnificent and was always so very helpful and polite (cant mention all you other guys but you know who you are and I appreciate everything you did for me and my ‘girls’). I also cant remember the Bar man who was there every day and he too was excellent and always good for a laugh. This is where I was named after the drink, “Shandy Mandy”, I think this will stick for a long time!! There were no activities around this pool, but this suited us, the main pool has several activities but we were not that inclined to leave the quietness of our little bit of ‘paradise’ (or was it because we were too lazy!!!!)
The beach at the foot of the hotel complex, is very clean and has a good supply of sunbeds and fixed parasols, we had one or two beers here on several occasions and soaked up some of the Sharm “Rays”. The pontoon type walkway that leads to the end of the coral ‘shelf’ directly from the beach allows (safety flags allowing) some excellent snorkelling, which me and my daughter were amazed at, it truly must be one of the best places in the world.
I cant really comment on the evening entertainment for adults as we did not really look for it, but as I understand it, the entertainments team work very hard and for those who saw the entertainment with dancing troops etc commented how much they enjoyed it. However, we loved going back to our room, with a beer or two and enjoying our own company before retiring to bed and watching some excellent Fox Serials or Fox movies, don’t remember having such a choice even on a Caribbean cruise.
We were all inclusive so drinks were available to us right through the day and evening, my daughter and I particularly enjoyed the Sakara Gold Beer, the spirits were all branded Egyptian but without optics I always felt too much of the stuff was being poured into a glass! This is where I have to mention that the cocktails on the whole were pretty dire (sorry guys!) eg A Mojito served with Dark rum (loads of it) a splash of lemonade and some ice, just nowhere near those served in Cardiff!!! To the management of the Royal Grand, more blenders, more fruits, white rum and more varieties and an expanded range of cocktails with a dash of extra training for the poor guys trying to make everyone a decent drink.…

The free wifi availability was great when connected, however it was hit and miss in terms of connecting or loss of the connection after a very short period, perhaps this may be 'fixable'. But we managed to send emails, photos and even a bit of online banking with our iphones so we were very happy.

Well that’s about it, apart from mentioning that we made friends with some lovely people including, Steve and Toni from Plymouth, Paul and his wife (sorry memory failure again) from Cardiff and Scott and Nik from London. We had some superb times with themall, especially Steve and Toni whom we had many a laugh with and enjoyed some excellent meals together, hope with can hook up again sometime guys!
We would all thoroughly recommend this fine hotel to anyone and I must say with a few very small adjustments this would be a hotel to envy in Sharm

Ps. SOHO centre was a fabulous experience, organised directly with the Savoy hotel (Thank you So much Christine) we enjoyed a wondrous meal in the Steak House and the girls were made up after buying something called Jimmy Choo handbags, whatever they are ….

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank storeyarmer
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Went on holiday to Royal Grand Azure with My Mother and Two sisters. On arrival Mohamed Heidar the Night Manager was good enough to accompany us to the Restaurant as we were unsure of the way. The stay from start to finish was absolutely wonderful. All the staff were very professional and nothing was too much trouble for them. From our room cleaner "Mohamed" (who left our rooms immaculate each day), The Restaurant Manager "Marrige" who ensured our tables were booked in the A-La Carte restaurants, the Entertainment Staff headed by "Sabah" who was good enough to take us shopping at the Old Market and help us with bartering for goods, the waiters around the bars and lobby who readily fetched our drinks and the Pool guys who would move our sunbeds and fetch our towels. The photograpers at the Hotel were very professional and ensured the photos we had done were of a high standard and captured precious moments of our holiday. Special thanks to "Nicole" and "Albert" for that. All the staff at the Hotel did there utmost to ensure our stay was memorable. A big thankyou to Mohamed Heidar, a very polite young Man who is intent on ensuring Guests stay at the Hotel is one never to be forgotten. A very big thankyou to all the staff and we would definately love to return one day .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#58 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#3 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!