Having read mixed reviews I was a bit concerned as I hoped I had booked a special holiday for me and the wife. We had a great time, great food, weather, staff and rooms. I booked a junior suite which was fantastic and came with everything other people have said was missing plus a selection of fruit on a double tiered platter...brilliant start. Our room cleaner Mohammed was voted worker of the month, he was very attentive and thorough with his job. he went the extra mile and brought goodies when me and the wife had a bout of Pharoes revenge. Tyson the popular barman left during the first week of our stay, he was a brilliant character. He was replaced by Mamoud a really cheerful guy who made you laugh every day. Every home should have one!. With froth!
Restaurant: The staff were excellent, they worked very hard and always responded immediately if you required anything. Drinks were served and refilled immediately no waiting at all. The food was varied and we found a good choice even after 2 weeks.
The complex was kept very clean and yes the Egyptian health and safety standards appear to be lower than ours but it was obvious that all staff do their best to ensure the grounds were immaculate. Tiger was good fun on the jetty and kept a close eye on the swimmers and those snorkelling, he obviously enjoys his job pointing various types of fish out to the guests. We did have problems with the MTS rep who had to earn his money when the volcano erupted but a quick trip to the airport and taking matters into our own hands soon had things sorted. Thank you Haddir the rep from Thomas Cook.
The animation staff did their best to get evryone involved and Luiba made an effort to talk to as many guests as she could during her morning walk around the pool.
We had a brilliant holiday and when we return to Sharm we would try to book this hotel first. All in all a fantastic hotel with superb staff, everyone played their part in providing a well earned rest.
PS if you tip the room cleaner, towel guys and waiter early on thjis ensures you get a great service, having said that they did not at any time ask for tips.
Life at the shops outside the complex was really hectic. If only the shop workers realised it puts people off purchasing when you are hasselled and feel threatened when surrounded.
Feel free to mail me with questions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay