“Customer service par excellence”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Customer service par excellence”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

One of the best hotels for customer service I have stayed in. Actually felt cossetted and was impressed by the efforts staff made to recall preferences and ensure happiness and well-being. A couple of egs: I had a short bout of Pharaoh's revenge (not the hotel's fault) and the head chef was most solicitous (as were other staff), selecting a simple menu for me, including a fresh mint tea. Absent mindedly, I left headphones in my room on departure. These were found, and arrangements are being made to return these via repeat customers returning to UK. Little touches like staff serving you tea / coffee in the self-service restaurants; being recognised and genuinely greeted by them are easily done but evidence of a well-trained and customer centric culture that is impressive.

It is a huge site and you'll get plenty of exercise going to different areas - unless you flag down one of the hotel's taxi carts. Hotel design is better than the photos suggest. Beach area ok but snorkelling not worth doing on windy days. We tended to stay around our room for the convenience of air-conditioning, own bathroom etc.

The entertainment and activities put on by the young and enthusiastic multi-national animation team is well above average. We particularly enjoyed he dance night. There is no stinting on the drinks on offer - if anything cocktails were too strong! Local red and white wine was also surprisingly drinkable. People have mentioned the hard beds - personally I liked them, and have slept very well here.

There were some niggles - the range of food was ok, well prepared and fresh, and some of it was superb but in general perhaps indicative of budgetary limits, eg no prawns in the general restaurants, & there was a £50 cost for these in the seafood restaurant. On all inclusive, you can book to go 5 times in a 7 day stay to themed restaurants - but can only go to each one once during your stay. Deluxe rooms which are spacious and well equipped are all near the main reception area and pool which also happens to be more favoured by families, so not as peaceful as some of the smaller 'superior' rooms. In-room toiletries were plentiful but characterless (ie no discernible perfume). Wi-fi is only available near the main reception - which in these days of cheap extenders is really inexcusable. The clientele is varied and friendly but greatly favoured by Russians, Northerners and Essex. In my view, there should be more effort to target the AB demographic.

Perhaps a reason the hotel has so many excellent and good reviews is that in general it is very good value for money. In the end though, the staff makes this hotel something special and almost every other niggle fades to insignificance.

Room Tip: If you want WiFi, ask for a pool view room within 60 metres of reception. Rooms towards the beach a...
2 Thank Forwood1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed at this hotel from 15 May 2014 for a week having never been to the area before. The hotel is impressive and we had a junior suite which was very impressive. Staff are excellent and very helpful and the hotel is very clean. The biggest disappointment was the food. Plenty of choice but lacking in quality and certainly not a 5 Star food offer. It was pretty good value for money but with an occupancy rate of 40% that in itself raises questions. No dress restrictions were enforced hence you have guests turning up for A La Carte dining in swimwear...hardly 5 star quality. The majority of the guests were Russian. I certainly would not go back.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main reception area and preferably not above one of the restaurants
2 Thank Steve N
Trowbridge
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is our 5th visit to the Rixos and as usual it did not let us down. On arrival the booking in process was taken care of while we went out onto the terrace to enjoy a drink. We were then shown to our rooms which were deluxe on the ground floor. However we had a garden view and I like to people watch from my terrace. this was soon remedied and I was moved to a pool view room. My husband had had a total knee replacement operation 6 weeks previous to our holiday and the staff were so so helpful - getting him ice, sending a buggy etc. The guest relations team are a credit to the hotel. Megan saw us through the checking in etc (Kelly - what were you doing on holiday when you knew we were arriving - or perhaps that was why you chose your holiday for then ha ha), no really Megan took care of things in your absence. The animation team were great fun and my husband and our friend helped to set them up for the crochet on the lawn (Of course the English won and poor old Sameh came last). There was a new service around the pool this year - sunglass cleaning, which was great and we used it everyday. We only managed to see one show which was the Micheal Jackson tribute and it was fabulous, so next time we will definitely see more. Oh yes there will be a next time for us at the Rixos. Unfortunately I had an ear infection before we came away and my UK doctor had given me some anti biotics and gave me the all clear to go on holiday. But by the Saturday I had to visit the Hotel Doctor which resulted in 5 injections in the bum, the ear being plugged and an assortment of tablets. After my visit to the doctor, guest relations were straight on the phone to make sure that I was ok and to see if I needed room service - nice touch. I am happy to say that the wonderful Egyptian doctor got the ear all cleared up for my flight home. I have to make a special mention to Sherif Farouk at the main restaurant. He made every meal time such a delight. He didn't mind a bit when we questioned him on what were in the dishes, how they were made etc and always came to make sure we had enjoyed our meal. Also to Hosean at the main restaurant who would see us coming and have our drinks ready and waiting for us. Sameh, Luca and Rebecca from the animation team. Mohamed at the pool bar - who is tasting your special cocktails now? Gerrard - concierge was as always spot on. I am sorry if I have missed anybody out as you were all great.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe rooms on the ground floor with a pool view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kimbo46
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel, fabulous food & the best staff EVER!
We were in block 4, both our room & all grounds spotless. Buffet & A'la Carte restaurants were were presented with lots of food choice & friendly staff. Now, the Animation Team!
They made our holiday....so friendly, made our visit fun & makes this holiday even more memorable! Activities & shows were great & very well planned. Can't thank enough Sam, Kamba, Luca, Sasha, Caprain, Romeo, Levó & Mido! The music day & night was fab! They work sooooo hard to make your stay a happy one.
I only have one negative..... The time I have to wait before I can return again. Thanks Team Rixos! We Love You xx

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank natashad9100
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed for two weeks and thought it was fantastic. Our 11th visit to Sharm, and our 9th hotel and quite simply it was by far the best. Service, rooms, quality of food and drink and fabric of the hotel can't be faulted. Great gym too. The salmon tikka in the Indian restaurant was exceptional as were the lamb cutlets in the Egyptian restaurant too. We went to all the a la cartes including the executive lounge and left each completely satisfied. The buffet was also fantastic with live cooking and grills etc. the sea was a bit choppy but a house reef with a mid length jetty. The staff at the beach bar, especially Mohammed in charge (since moved to the old lobby bar), always made a special experience for customers, and in the evening it was particularly good. Could go on, but in a nutshell, this is a great resort, quality hotel and staff and I would be happy to go back tomorrow.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Salcheltenham
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Salcheltenham

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased you had the stay you were expecting and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Wow what can I say, this has to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The staff work so hard and are fantastic, they did everything they could to make our stay perfect! The hotel, the grounds, the food, the pools, the restaurants, all out of this world. My partner and I will be booking to return as soon as we can! I dont like to stay in the same hotel more than once but I will have to make an exception this time, its like being in paradise and we cannot wait to go back! We went without our children for a break but seeing the kids club and facilities for the the kids we will definately take them!

3 Thank Julie C
Dear jucurtin

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased you were impressed with all the facilities we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future

Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Just got back from another fantastic holiday at the Rixos was RGA. Lots of improvements. Staff are fantastic. We got upgraded to a junior suite which was very large clean and comfortable. Each morning Ahmed put our towels out for us and looked after us the whole time we were there He is such a nice hardworking man we wont forget him. Shows are very good and everywhere is so clean. This was our 4th visit and we will be back soon. Stayed at several other hotels in the past but nothing compares to the Rixos.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SueDriver
Dear SueDriver

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased you were impressed with all the facilities we have to offer and you have seen the improvements we have made.

We will continue to improve and we look forward to welcoming back our loyal and new customers in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,203 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#15 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,975 reviews
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,625 reviews
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,918 reviews

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!