“More improvements!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Bedworth
“More improvements!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Arrived 6th March for one week with a friend. Since my last visit in March more improvements, almost as though they had taken my advice! Ambience of A la Cartes much improved, and food still excellent! Chinese must be my favourite, booking experience so easy. We had rain while we were there, and I mean rain!!! Some places were flooded, we were paddling round in bare feet up to our ankles!! However the staff managed superbly, taking customer service and safety seriously. Would have preferred fine weather, but one day of rain there was an experience.
The young people on the entertainments team were excellent, especially Luca and Adam, they really helped to make our holiday. We didn't leave the complex, didn't need to, we had gone for R and R and that is exactly what we got. Will be back again with my husband in the Autumn and my
friend in early Spring. Will always recommend this hotel as the best in Sharm, have stayed in six others, before we found this one. One negative, found adults only buffet just re-opened was not as good as family buffet, perhaps needed time to get in gear!

Room Tip: Have stayed in various rooms, all good value, some quite a walk to restaurants, but we quite like th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Winefride

Thank you for taking the time to write about your second stay here with us.

We are pleased to read you have noticed the changes we have made and we will continue to improve in order to meet our guests expectations.

Your comments have also been shared with the staff members mentioned.

We really appreciate you recommending us and would like to thank you for your support and loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits in the future.

Kelly Walmsley
Rixos Sharm el Sheikh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great setting, so when I chose to upgrade to a Junior Suite via Broadway travel, Luton UK I was hoping for the best. I arrived on the 7/3/14 for a week. Usual mayhem at airport caused me to forgo the transfer and hop in a cab. I got a warm welcome at the hotel and was taken to my room in an electric buggy - the grounds are extensive and its easy to get lost. I'd picked a rare moment in weather terms - one of those 1 in 3 year events where it actually buckets down. As is not uncommon in the middle-east, rain represents a few challenges to municipal drainage and hotel electrics. My room was (and probably still is) fantastic. Huge bathroom with dual basins, large bath, large shower and bidet. I spread out and walked the grounds passing all the different restaurants that are spread out amongst the winding paths.

By day five I was happy except for one thing - no hot water (it was cold outside, about 20 deg C). I'd notified reception and they'd sent two orange uniformed staff down who stormed in, undid the bath tap lime filter and then said they'd tweaked the water temp at the boiler. I checked it but it was still body temperature. I told reception again but nothing happened. Come the 6th day I checked out - booked into the Hyatt Regency who have piping hot water all day long.

One other thing worth mentioning. I'm a long-time diver and have dived the Red Sea many times progressing from novice to instructor and then rebreather mixed-gas. I have a troublesome left-ear so I thought I'd get the Rixos hotel's internal PADI school to give me a checkout SCUBA dive before I went to PURE technical in Sharm. Having checked out the location of then hotel as having its own pontoon on the reef, I'd wrongly assumed I could dive from it. Apparently the current is too strong and so they have to take you elsewhere - in my case south past Naama bay!!! over 45 mins in a mini-bus? I got charged nearly EUR100 for one dive with gear. The hotel were quick to sort out this last issue and hauled in the manager of Pyramid divers who agreed to give me a refund. I emailed Broadway travel (Inspired Travel, Luton) in the UK about the hot water issue but never heard a word. Pity because this hotel has much to offer in other respects. The staff are VERY helpful, positive, humorous and keen.

Room Tip: Ge tone with hot water
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank AbyssalPlain
sudbury, suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a weeks holiday at this hotel at the end of march everything was very good, friendly staff ,clean rooms, beautifully grounds however I think we must have been at a different hotel to the people in all the other reviews as we thought the food was awful !!! The food was the same in the buffet restaurants all week ( grilled fish, over cooked veg,stew type thing sect ect) I really struggled to find something other than the safe option of chips to eat.
And just to top it off I was ill for a week with severe diarrhoea from the day I got home.
Nearly forgot to mention the beds are really really hard actually made my back ache really uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bluebell1970
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I suppose you think that I am making quite a grand statement there but I truly think it is! I have been to Egypt 8 times all inclusive each time and this hotel has the best to offer.
You arrive and are greeted with a drink and then your room is sorted out.
We paid extra for a junior suite and felt it was worth it ~ I do think that you should get extra with this for example dine in the Turkish or Executive without charge.
We went to the beach each day and the beach bar is the best I have seen ~ open from 8 to 12 midnight ~ all the staff were excellent but especially Mohamed Mohktar he is very efficient always busy looking after the customers and nothing was too much for him.
The Ala carte restaurants are fantastic My favourite being the Italian and the Egyptian.
You also have premium brand drinks ~ I drank Jim Beam for 12 nights.
You have to book your meals before 2pm to get in for that night ~ there are machines that you use that are touch screen really easy.
Guest relations are also helpful we dealt with Anabel an also Kelly again they can give you any information you need to help you.
The only down side and it is very small is ~ the sun beds are not comfortable at all! that is the only thing that I would say needed updating!
We are returning in October and can't wait ! I am actually sat in the lobby waiting to go home the internet is great and you get everywhere apart from the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ailapaul
Dromore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

RIXOS –
Here I go again, had a really lovely holiday at Rixos Hotel once again, see all my reports under the name of ‘An Reimse ‘ regarding my stay at this beautiful place. It is the most welcoming, an immaculately kept hotel, and deserves every reward it receives.
Unfortunately, there was a decline in travel to the Resort, and I feel that over reporting of the problems in Cairo, as does happen in many places throughout the world, can cause fear in persons wishing to travel to Sharm El Sheikh. I live outside Belfast, in Northern Ireland , and at one time the same sort of reporting prevented people coming to Belfast – there really was no need to worry, certainly there are pockets of areas, where you do not go to or get involved, all a matter of common sense.
As always, and I have written it so many times before, travel to Sharm El Sheikh is totally secure, and safe. With your swift exit from the airport, attended by the most mannerly people, you are no sooner off your flight, go through customs clearance, collect your baggage, and on your way to your hotel, by either your travel operator coach, or by being collected, and incidentally the location of the hotel from the airport is only around 7km.
We have chosen this journey fourteen times within the last seven years, and our stay in the Rixos hotel over the past seven times, has simply been the best, first class in every way. The moment I arrive at the hotel, I am’ home from home’ with as they say in Ireland – a hundred thousand welcomes.
As there are no direct flights from Belfast – we travel to London Gatwick on Easyjet, overnight at the Premier Inn North Terminal, and fly out next morning on the Easyjet flight – excellent flights and we arrive in Sharm El Sheikh, five hours later. We book our own accommodation directly with Rixos, and on our return to London Gatwick, overnight there, out first flight to Belfast the following morning – and are happy to do so, and at the end of all the travelling – we have had a great vacation.
If you want to really relax, have excellent food in either of the two large restaurants Nefertti- for adults or Zodiac which is a family restaurant, and added to all that there are seven more excellent restaurants, where you can enjoy dinner once per week in all the restaurants, and not forgetting the Turkish Restaurant right on the beach, but due to having heavy rain for the first time, and some wind, we unfortunately missed out on having a meal there, but I will make up for it on my next visit this October. Rain!! This was the first time I had ever seen it in Sharm El Sheikh, but it was all over shortly after it started.
One of the most joyful events I witnessed when this rain came pouring down heavily, was the delight of the young pool attendants dancing in the rain. I have never heard so much laughter – and they were a joy to watch, and had the dance of a lifetime. All the attendants at the pool are most obliging and helpful in many ways, and are great ambassadors for Rixos, as is all the staff. I did say to them, that if they lived in Europe, the United Kingdom or Ireland, they would have many days of dancing, as we have our full complement of rain, and thunderstorms.
Rixos –is my ‘home from home ‘with all the trimmings, as you receive a wonderful welcome by all when you approach the entrance of this beautiful and stylish hotel, it is simply the best. I had conversations with quite a few new people vacating there for the first time, and they were amazed at the great service given in all areas, I can truly second that, they vowed to return, so I hope they do.
Karam and all his staff, the young lady ‘Princess Cleopatra’ are there to greet you on arrival, along with the front office staff – these are the people who make your vacation great. On this last occasion a number of our friends we have met over the last six visits were there also, and that is a great feeling, most welcoming and appreciated – and the best was yet to come.
Bella, Customer Relations said to me, that my face was beaming, how could it not!!!! She has an excellent memory for names, and room numbers for those needing information, and is what I would call a hive of information in all areas, so anything you need to know, contact Bella. The hotel continues to make many improvements, for the benefit of all its clientele. It is situated just off the main carriageway, and extremely near to all areas of shopping.
I have no fear whatsoever travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, as I am travelling alone this October. My husband and his son are heading out to China, a lot of travelling around, historical sights, extensive walking - I just want a relaxing holiday, plenty of sunshine, good food, excellent accommodation and a few books, and most of all the friendliness of the staff, and their willingness to help in every way.
Have a good holiday.

‘An Reimse’ 30 April 2014

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, whether you are at the seafront, or in the main pool area, where it is...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank anreimse-19
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Recently back from a 10 night stay over Easter, very nice place, grounds immaculate, room cleanliness was fab, restaurant and A La Carte restaurants were very good with lots of choice. For those with Children try the Lagoon pool, its better than the family pool. Entertainment staff good, only 2 brits but both Adam and Steve, both were quite funny and checked that the British guests were ok.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen S
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Well what can I say from the moment we arrived to the day we left the experience was fantastic!!! We stayed at Rixos Sungate in Turkey last year which was unbelievable!!! But the sharm resort did not disappoint at all. The service from reception staff to the pool bar staff and all of the hard working staff throughout the resort was excellent. Resort itself is probably one of the best in Sharm from modern rooms to ample pools & food on offer. We love the Rixos brand & my family of three Will definitely come back to this hotel if we visit Sharm el sheikh again. Thank you Rixos Sharm el sheikh for a great holiday!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,827 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#3 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,585 reviews
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,358 reviews

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!