We are a family with two older kids and wanted a break to get away from the grey cold of London at Christmas we went with our In laws and who are in ther eighties so a mixed age range.
Firstly don't worry about the political situation in Cairo. The Egyptians are very sensitive to their tourists and really go all out look after both our security and well being.
The Rixos is first class the staff are friendly, polite and charming with a great sense of humour. (maybe they are just happy to be in a safe clean place earning money) but that is a discussion for another time.
This was our first trip to Egypt and will definitely be going back.
Finally special mention to Louka in Entertainment (if someone can smuggle him to Hollywood then he is the next Jim Carey) and "Jimmy" the waiter around the Lagoon pool -superb service with a big smile.
As we were leaving the Bell man who came to collect our luggage hugged us each individually as if we were his kids about to embark on a "round the world trip"...and that was before we tipped him!!
But hey keep this to yourself we don't want everyone to know....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay