I visited the Rixos with three friends. We have been to two 5-star all inclusive holidays in Turkey as a group before, one of which was a Rixos. We thought we would give the Rixos in Sharm a try.
We booked our holiday through Inspired Luxury Escapes, although Beds With Ease handled out booking and the coach transfer and rep were provided by a company called MTS.
We booked before the latest political troubles. As a result of these, the hotel was only 35% occupied. Despite this, we had a fantastic holiday.
Check-in was very smooth and we were pleased with our rooms, which were in the deluxe wing near the “new reception”. The rooms and bathrooms were huge. My only criticisms of the rooms are:
1. the air conditioning is very noisy;
2. there should be more hooks or rails for towels in the bathrooms;
3. the rooms were so big that they felt a bit empty. Perhaps some more pictures would help.
One of the reasons we booked this hotel was because of the choice of restaurants. We were therefore very pleased that the hotel kept all of the al a carte restaurants open (half of these on alternate days) and maintained the entertainment programme. Only the second buffet restaurant was closed.
The deluxe rooms surround the activity pool. We found this pool too noisy but there a lots of others to choose from. As the hotel was under occupied, we had no problem finding a sun bed! There are many swimming pools at the hotel and some pools were completely unused. I imagine that the hotel feels quite different when full. We were reassured that there were more sun beds around the pools and beach than beds at the hotel but it might be hard to e.g. get a table at the beachside restaurant at lunchtime.
Dinner at the main buffet restaurant (under reception) was good, with plenty of choice. The hotel generally was spotlessly clean. We preferred to use the al a carte restaurants. The Italian had the best food but the service was very slow, which detracted from the experience. Our favourite was probably the Egyptian or the Chinese.
One comment I would make is that the hotel should think about lighting in the restaurants and the reception – the bright ceiling lights could be dimmed or replaced with table lights.
Breakfast was also more than satisfactory. The egg station was, however, far too slow and I gave up on this most days. I also could not understand why the waiters never brought milk with the tea or, if they did, there would be a lengthy gap before they returned with it! We had the same problem with getting water in the restaurants, with water coming quite some time after alcoholic drinks.
Despite the slightly erratic drinks service, all of the staff were friendly and helpful at the hotel. Particular credit should be given to the entertainment team. We enjoyed the black and white party and the beach party. The electric violinist at the black and white party was awesome! There is also a disco every night from 11pm, if of interest.
One of my friends and I had two massages at the spa and found this a relaxing end to the day, as it went dark just after 5pm whilst we were there.
Overall, we probably didn’t get an accurate impression of what this hotel is really like as it was so quiet. I would, however, recommend it to others. I very much hope things pick up in Sharm. We certainly felt 100% safe at all times, even when we left the hotel for a meal at Soho Square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay