“Great all inclusive holiday”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We've just got back from a week at the Rixos and can't speak highly enough of it.
The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful (particularly Ahmed at the pool), the food at the restaurants was all of a decent standard (the Taj Mahal being the best by far) and the room was very comfortable (including free minibar, restocked daily).

We had a pool side room with a view of the beach, and found it pretty quiet even when the beach disco was in full swing.

We booked a couple of trips with Pyramid Dive Centre through the on-site sales guys, who were all super-friendly and not overly pushy. We were approached quite a few times on day 1 but didn't feel hassled, and after that they would stop to say hello but not give us the hard sell (and you can hang a "no selling" thing up if you really don't want to be disturbed).

The only minor gripe would be the finish in the bathroom, which wasn't up to standard (dodgy tiling and the flush was coming off the wall).

All in all a great holiday and I would thoroughly recommend the Rixos.

1  Thank Ali F
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Ali F

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

We are so pleased you enjoyed another stay here with us.

Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms - we are now step by step updating all the rooms and your comments will help us in the future.

Once againt hank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kelly Walmsley

Rixos Sharm el Sheikh

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff at this hotel are absolutely fantastic. I have never been anywhere where the staff are as friendly and caring. We have never felt so at home on holiday. I did not stop smiling and laughing.

Mohammed and the team at the beach bar were so much fun, as were the guys in the Piano bar / Nightclub. One of the staff in there made a superb Pina Colada. Musafa our room cleaner… wow! Our exceptionally large room always looked immaculate and he often left us flowers. We enjoyed our morning chats with him – he even offered to clean our room on the morning of our last day so that it was nice for us! The spa staff were better than any spa that I have ever visited. We tried all 8 restaurants and the food was superb and the staff again were fantastic. The service was quick and every single person served us with a beaming smile on their face. The Shisha man in the lobby (I forget his name), was excellent. So attentive and so willing. The sales staff (selling excursions, sand and spa treatments) made the time to help us and make sure that we got the most out of Sharm. I can thoroughly recommend the Diving Centres speed boat trip – we saw dolphins and the coral reef.

We spent two full evenings with Ali in the oil shop in the front of the hotel, drinking tea and learning about Egyptian culture and history. It is such a shame that these shops are not better advertised, as we nearly missed this little gem. I feel very fortunate to have found it and I love the oils that I bought.

The ultra all inclusive concept was great… I have never experienced so much choice in an all-inclusive hotel! The maintenance and cleaning that is constantly going on in the hotel is unbelievable…. The staff never stop.

I cannot wait to return to the Rixos and to Sharm. Such a special place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Claire G
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have Just returned from having a fantastic week staying at the Rixos hotel. Everything was above our expectations and we could not fault the hotel in any way. I was not expecting the food to be as good as it was and the free minibar in the room was a treat. The staff go out of their way to ensure their guests enjoy their stay and we were well looked after by the whole team, in particlur the guys in the bar who were a pleasure to meet. The hotel is spotless and has a very luxurious feel. We enjoyed the many pools but got most enjoyment from the beach. The snorkelling from our private jetty was awesome and we saw lots of interesting fish and even a sea turtle. We went on several excursions and we arranged them through our friend Alex Ayman from jasmine tours. He took us scuba diving and provided a superb 1/1 experience that will live long in our memories. We recommend you find him at st George's bar, you can trust Alex he is a great guy. Forget about any security concerns you may have, sharm was safe and a wonderful place to visit. If you choose to stay at the rixos you will be sure to have a great holiday!

1  Thank eleanort151
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday in this hotel, really enjoyed the whole week. Could not fault the staff and food. The reasturants were superb and you were very well looked after, the staff in everyone you went in offered a very welcome and friendly service.My husband had the eygpt upset tummy but a £20 visit to the sites clinic had him back to normal in 24 hours.
The gym and SPA are fab and i would highly recommed a visit. They also offer a free sauna, steam room etc.
Overall i could not fault the place, i had no problems but my 3 other companions all said the beds were too hard so you may need to bear in mind if you have a weakness there.

Room Tip: There are many types of rooms to book , we had the junior suite and was very nice, block numbers 140...
1  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have travelled to Sharm 28 times and I can honestly say that overall this is the best A/I accommodation I have stayed in. I have stayed in another nice hotel which we usually return to time after time but the food and drink quality let it down. Not here. The food is lovely and there is plenty of choice for even the fussiest of eaters. The drink quality is much better than I have ever had in Egypt. The white wine is the only one I have ever been able to drink in Egypt although one my negatives (and I only had a couple) was that in the main restraunt the white wine was often warm although in the al a cartes was always lovely and chilled. The A La Carte's were all nice although the Indian was probably my least favorite as there was not as much choice. Did not get chance to try the seafood or egyptian so can't comment on those. Chinese by far our fave! Beach restraunt at lunch was also very good and had really nice pleasant staff. The rooms are lovely, we chose a deluxe room and was not disappointed, plenty of space and really comfortable beds with lovely egyptian cotton bedding! Plenty of toiletries in bathroom and mini fridge and tea and coffee always well stocked. Our room boy Mohammed (3084) was exceptional. Very very polite and nothing too much trouble for him, he is a credit to the hotel.Bar staff always pleasant and polite but service a little slow at times but that was never a problem to us personally. Pools are great (and trust me there are plenty to choose from), this hotel is huge. We did not use the beach much as prefer pool area due to the very very hot weather! Only other negative was that I purchased some converse trainers from hotel shop and when I got them home the one I didn't try on or get out of the box was a different colour to the other so check before you buy but I will definitely be back so no worries! Guest relations girls were lovely and very helpful, didn't partake in entertainment so can't really comment on that but the guys around the pool were bubbly and fun and seemed to be doing the job well.

This is a lovely hotel and as I said probably the best for us yet, also seemed to be really good for the kids as well. We visit egypt at least 3 times in the winter so will definitely be back and will definitely always stay here from now on! Well done to Rixos, Fab!!!

Room Tip: Block 3 is in the centre of the hotel so would choose there as hotel is very big but this block is i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ellanbob
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Whilst we did not stay at the Rixos, we visited to enjoy a phenomenal, private, romantic beach front meal here. From what we saw of the reception and during the long journey to the beach this hotel is breathtaking and would definitely be our first choice when next in Sharm.

If you're lucky enough to be staying at the Rixos, or visiting from Nabq Bay I would highly recommend visiting the English speaking guest services to arrange a romantic meal on the beach front. You will be offered a private cabana or sea front, candle lit, dinner table on which to enjoy a fantastic five course meal complete with wine, water, and private waiter. Although this comes at a cost, the meal offered outstanding value and a truly unforgeable meal for fans of fine dining. Although not hugely advertised the meal was a real treat and we were pleased to be visited by the chef, head chef and also the director of food and beverage- we felt truly special and left feeling on such a high - a perfect climax to a wonderful holiday.

Anybody staying at the Rixos, or nearby, would do no harm at all in treating their loved one to a meal here- it was definitely the highlight of our Egypt trip- if not my entire year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carlversuslife
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It was my first visit to this hotel , b4 I went to 4 different hotels , really didn't enjoy as much as I had on it , every thing u need u have in that hotel .the staff and crew are friendly & helpful and make their best for the visitors to have the smile on thier faces , I advise every one should have unless 4 days at this hotel , I know u will have the one u dreamed for .thanks rixos team .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank captainhazem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#10 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#65 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!