We had visited Sharm el Sheikh last year but stayed at another hotel, however the Rixos is head and shoulders above the last hotel we stayed at, and we thought that was good!!!!
This hotel oozes luxury, the main reception is very grand, and our first impressions were wow. Even our wrist bands were leather compared with the most common plastic ones you get in other all inclusive hotels.
Please don't let the troubles in Cairo deter you from travelling here as everything was safe and there are no signs of trouble around Sharm.
Food was fantastic for all times of the day, good selection of foods from the buffet restaurant.
Occasionally we ate at the beach bar restaurant where you can order club or steak sandwiches.
In the evenings for dinner they occasionally had lamb on the BBQ, very tasty.
There are 6 a la carte restaurants Italian, Indian, Egyptian, seafood, sushi, and Chinese. We highly recommend the Indian and Egyptian restaurants.
Drinks are very nice, local beers and they even serve coke here as opposed to Pepsi. There is no expense spared here as you can get unlimited bottled water. Try the cocktails which are also a treat.
Our room was impeccably clean and the free mini bar went down well, which is topped up daily.
Service was amazing. Mahmoud who we called Moaw at the lagoon pool bar made our holiday extra special with his service on the drinks. Never without an empty glass. Samir at the lobby bar was also fantastic in the evenings.
Entertainment was good for this time of year but I suspect things are better when in full season.
We had shesha most nights watching the entertainment which was constantly topped up.
We didn't lounge at the beach as we preferred the pool however if you get a chance have a swim and snorkel in the sea off their jetty. We only managed to go snorkelling once as the sea was too rough, but you can't help that!!
Have a look at the souvenir shops in the hotel. We bought a few papyrus paintings from the shop located by the reception and even customised one with our names painted in hieroglyphics which was a nice touch.
Overall we had a superb stay at the Rixos hotel and highly recommend this to anyone coming to Sharm. To us this is the best all inclusive hotel we have ever stayed at and will not hesitate in staying here again!!!
Stephen and Lauren
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay