“As expected...”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Fantastic stay..Super relaxing...I have stayed here before and this time on my visit to sharm I tried a few hotels, rixos is by far the best in nabq and most of sharm..I arranged for the hotel to collect us from the airport, the car was ready and waiting and we were taken straight to the Rixos. Check in was very quick an welcoming..

5  Thank Johnny G
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Johnny G

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with the transfer service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Rixos Sharm el Sheikh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,386)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

What can I say about this hotel! It was truly amazing. I can not recommend it highly enough.

Food, was simply the best all inclusive I have ever been in! The buffet was amazing, something different every day, the salad bar was huge with different things on. The deserts were to die for, and the presentation was amazing. The waiters were attentive but not too fussy, I don't like that so they have struck a great balance here. We ate at the seafood, Italian and Indian speciality restaurants which were all of a high standard.

Pools, again lovely. Plenty of choice. We preferred the one near the dining room as it was a deeper and more lively pool. Chico was great at the pool bar never had an empty glass! Towels were lovely too, no need to take your own.

Entertainment, not really our thing as we like to make our own entertainment but we did go to one show which was higher quality than I've seen before. The entertainment round the pool was good and never felt pressured to join in. Particular thanks to Omar who took time each day to speak to us. He is an intelligent, happy, ambitious guy who I hope does well his career. Yuri, however, was rude and didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the animation team, I believe he was Russian so probably explains it as most Russians seem rude. I know it is probably a culture thing but when you are employed to entertain people the last thing you should do is be rude to guests, this was the only gripe!

Rooms, we had a deluxe room, 4124, it was superb. Overlooking the pool and near the main reception and restaurant. Perfect. Cleaned spotlessly every day. People had said it was noisy in the day but didn't really bother us and couldn't hear it to be honest. Who goes on holiday to sit in the room anyway?

Grounds, there were meticulously kept. Lovely to walk through to the beach etc. really nice landscaping of the pools too, cave pools were a lovely feature.

Bars, again plentiful but we spent most of our bar time in the piano bar. Fantastic staff who kept us topped up! Had a great cocktail menu and even the champagne (sparkling wine) was on all inclusive.

I could carry on writing about this hotel but the only way you will truly see how fantastic it is is by going there! I suspect prices will go up after the trouble is over but I would pay just for the experience of going in this hotel.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms were very good, we liked our location as it was close to everything we wanted! All...
7  Thank RobinandJoGrantham

Dear RobinandJoGrantham

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your nice comments they are much appreciated.

We look forward to you returning to us again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is my first trip review and this hotel is well worth writing about. I have been to sharm many times and I have to say I don't think I have ever been so amazed and such wonderful hotel. It's a huge hotel but never had any worries getting a sunbed (we all no hard that can be sometimes) the food is 2nd to none a huge big thank you to ibrahim in the main buffet restaurant for making meal times enjoyable we even had drinks on our table before we walked In now that's what I call service.
The grounds are stunning the team work day and night to make sure it's perfect.
The rooms are so spotless we had a junior suite and WOW what a room.
Now the entertainment team Hannah Sam Omar and Suarez you made our holiday and we miss you all so much you put the F in fun and the L in laughter you truly are the most amazing team and your a credit to the rixos group.
Now lastly Kelly in guest relations what a star you are.You truly made us feel welcome from the day we got there throughout our stay.
I am a travel agent and fussy where I stay but you will have the most wonderful time if you stay at the rixos with out a doubt I can't wait to go back.

MISS YOU ALL

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
13  Thank lex1983

Dear Lex1983

Thank you for taking the time to write you first review on Trip Advisor - we are grateful it was due to your experience at Rixos Sharm el Sheikh.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have just enjoyed 2 weeks at the Rixos from the 31st August. This was our third visit.

Check in was quick and Karam the concierge remembered us from a previous visit. We were taken around to our room in a buggy within 10 minutes. Great...

Our room was a junior suite, they are a lovely size with huge bathroom, gigantic beds, tea and coffee with kettle and fridge with a mini bar replenished daily.
Rooms are cleaned to a high standard and bedding and towels are changed daily.
There are a number of resturants to choose from in the evening, and they are all very nice our particular favourites were the Seafood Egyptian and Chinese. However everybody had different ideas. There was not one evening meal we did not enjoy. Service is very good and the waiters endeavour to ensure that you have a great time nothing is to much trouble.
There is also the buffet for breakfast lunch and evening meals.
Lunch time we tended to eat at the beach bar, lovely setting overlooking the beach great menu and great staff.
There are also plenty of bars to have a drink we tended to go to a couple of bars and always ended up at the beach bar in the evening.
Turning to the swimming pools, you are spoilt for choice, no problems with sun beds take your choice. Towels are provided daily and can be changed as and when. They are a good quality and generous size.
The beach, is nice and the pier is a lovely walk even if you do not snorkel you can just look at the fish. There is also a promenade along the beach for a nice walk, and a "nosey" at other hotels. The Rixos is the most impressive
The staff at the Rixos go out of there way to ensure that you have a great holiday. Kelly and Bella from guest relations certainly go the extra mile. They are an asset to the hotel, and I hope the Rixos management are aware and appreciate there Imput. They definitely enjoy there work and go above and beyond. If you read this girls thank you for making our holiday so enjoyable.
Well done to all the staff and well done for making our holiday so memorable we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite, however, the deluxe rooms were good and would not disappoint.
8  Thank Marion88Essex
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just got back from our stay at Rixos. It claims to be a five star hotel, well, five star it is. This has got to be one of the best hotels we have been to. Staff are very welcoming the choice of restaurants is amazing and food is excellent. It was nice to hear a lot of english voices, as Egypt is normally dominated by Russians. If your worried about travelling to Egypt don't be as there is no trouble what so ever. I could go on and on about this hotel. Will defiantly go back.

8  Thank corinneap
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have just arrived back from 10 days at the Rixos and had a fantastic time. I had fairly high expectations having read so many fantastic reviews, but I have to say, I was not disappointed.

I emailed the manager in advance to request a sea view deluxe room, she responded immediately and apologised that there are no sea view deluxe rooms. On arrival we were given a free upgrade to a junior suite with a fantastic sea view. The hotel was very quiet during our stay so I believe this was done purely to meet my request, something they didn't have to do but made our holiday even better!

This is typical of the great attitude of most of the staff and the management at the Rixos, they will generally do whatever they can to help you have the best time possible. The room was always impeccably cleaned, the whole of the hotel is very clean, fresh and modern, the cleaners and gardeners are always at work!

The junior suite itself was wonderful, the bathroom was huge, we had a walk in wardrobe and a super kingsize bed. My only criticism of the room would be that the air con was very loud and (what I think was...) the sprinkler had a light that flashed above our bed all night, neither of which is great if you're a light sleeper like me!

The only slight room for improvement in terms of the staff is that there can be some communication missing, for example I mentioned to guest relations at 11am that we were off to Soho Square, and we took the hotel taxi there, but no one told us the shops didn't even open until 2-3pm!

Also, there is some information missing that could be provided with the hotel information pack, such as the Naama Bay "shuttle", we didn't even find out about this until 7 days in and then ended up being sent from pillar to post trying to find out what was going on with it! It would be helpful to have specific times where the guest relations team are at their desks and will be available to chat to.

Food - The Zodiac buffet restaurant was closed during our stay, but due to the hotel being quiet the Nefertiti buffet restaurant was fine, The freshly made pizzas and burgers for lunch time are highly recommended!

A la carte restaurants - These are all very good, the indian and italian were our personal favourites, we went to these twice and agreed we'd be happy to have paid £60 at home for the Italian meal! As it was quiet we experienced no problem with availability for any of the restaurants.

Bars - The beach bar is lovely, particularly at sunset, the lobby bar and piano bars are a bit more formal with less ambience but the cocktails are better! I'd like to see a full range of cocktails available at all the bars and all made to the same standard though, there is a huge difference in taste and strength at different bars! The Lobby bar make the best mojitos though as they have crushed ice! Also, they put the football on the TV various times for the other half which he highly appreciated!

Beach - As it was quiet we had no problem getting a sun lounger, the beach is very clean but you do see the odd plastic bottle in the water etc. The lagoon is great for rockpooling with the kids (or without if you're a big kid like me!) you can see lots of small fish, moray eels etc but definitely wear reef shoes.

Snorkelling - The snorkelling is pretty good off the jetty, but there can be a decent current even when the green flag is up so beware if you're not a strong swimmer. It's a shame to see a load of rubbish dumped at the bottom of the reef but if you swim to the left or right of the jetty the coral wall is fairly good and plenty of fish including lion fish, napoleon fish, big trevally and groupers as well as all the usuals. Between there, the public beaches in Naama Bay and Sharks Bay, we decided we didn't really need to pay for snorkelling trip as we saw so much in these places!

We got a deal on Travelzoo and I honestly believe what we paid is exceptionally good value for the quality of the hotel and the customer service. Having just checked Expedia and seen you can still get a week there for £550 next week, am half tempted to go again!!!

Room Tip: Blocks 3 and 4 are noisy by day as they surround the Oasis pool which has pumping Europop blasting o...
9  Thank Helen W
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Another fantastic holiday at the Rixos. This was our eighth visit to this hotel and it just keeps improving. There are plans for another 2 al a carte restaurants which will then make 8 al a carte restaurants and they are currently refurbishing the Zodiac restaurant. The hotel was quiet as our Russian friends decided to stay away because of the troubles in Cairo but not the British we were the majority of guests at the hotel this time. There is no trouble in Sharm at all and we totally enjoyed our holiday I can’t understand why some guests are staying away from Sharm????
You can now book all the al a carte restaurants via an electronic booking system, we went to 2 the Italian and the Indian both were really good and the food was of a high standard especially the Indian, I do not like spicy food but my other half loves it so when we went to the Indian I asked for food to be cooked without spices for me which the chef did as the food is cooked to order, nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff if you want something different just ask and they are always happy to help. It was lovely to see people who we now consider to be like family, Bella, Samir, George, Suzanne, Kelly and Karam. The service at this hotel if of a very high standard as I have said before nothing is too much trouble and the staff make you feel so welcome. We are looking forward to going back at Christmas see you all soon and thank you for a fantastic holiday. If you have any questions about the Rixos just email me and I will try and answer them.

8  Thank caretaker
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear caretaker

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We would like to thank you for your continued support of Rixos Sharm el Sheikh.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again for your 8th visit.

Your family look forward to welcoming you back for your 9th vist and many more in the future.

kelly.walmsley@rixos.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#9 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#64 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Parrotel Beach Resort
Parrotel Beach Resort
#7 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!