Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Nubian Island Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
4,534 results
All reviewslagoon poolzodiac restauranta la carte restaurantsturkish restaurantpiano barrixy clubanimation teammain restaurantfishsharm elbeach restaurantmain poolspecial thanksevening entertainmentgreat holidaybig thankspizza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here in February with four friends. The check in was a little strange our passports were taken by a lady before we got to reception and then forgotten about!
We had to remind her that we hadn't checked in and were waiting all we wanted to do was get to our room and chill out.
The reception area is lovely and you get free wifi here so gets busy early evening.
The room was really big and the bathroom was amazing I couldn't fault it.
Mini bar full and restocked every day.
The rixos is set in huge grounds so be prepared to walk! But the pools are all lovely I'd recommend the pools away from the animation as it gets crowded and loud but that's only my choice.
Really clean and the guys round the pool are brilliant they work really hard.
The food was excellent for a all inc the buffet in the adults only was fab and no kids which is really nice if you want a peaceful meal. There is a 2nd restaurant for families which is a really good idea.
The a la carte restaurants are ok the queuing to book is a bit of a pain but we manged to get into three which was fine but I did notice a lot of people complaining about this but I think us English like to complain!
My recommendation is to request your room next to the pool you want to use as it's a large complex.
I've been to sharm many times and I would say this hotel would be in my top five.

Room Tip: Choose you room by the pool you want to use as complex is huge
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank trolleydollytcx
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear trolleydollytcx

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are pleased you had such an enjoyable stay, we apologise if your check in took longer then you expected - your comments have been noted. We have Guest Relation just operating in the Lobby to assist with the check in of our guests - they constantly receive training and these comments will be passed to them. Since your stay in February they of course have improved with the training and on your next arrival you will see the changes.

We now have 3 touch screen kiosks situated in the Reception and Rixos Lounge. These are availble 24 hours for our guests to book their visits to the a la carte. This has made booking more comfortable.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm writing this review as I sit in my room in the Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, I'll be posting it from reception as the wifi in the rooms doesn't work. Apparently it's a work in progress and is currently under testing. My verdict is it doesn't work yet!. I felt I wanted to vent some of my views whilst they're still fresh in my mind. The room (family room) is very nice, spacious with decent air con, good enough that it can be too cold, great shower, mini bar and 2 flat screen tv's although I've not used them. The hotel is massive and spread over a large area, golf cart taxis do drive about (quite fast so watch out on blind corners) if you prefer not to walk. The hotel is very clean and the grounds pretty, the grounds are kept pretty by men with strimmers and lawn mowers doing the work at about the same time as you're sunbathing and relaxing. The beach is clean and nice with a jetty for some average snorkelling (private boat trip is recommended instead). It's always very easy to get a sun lounger here on the beach or around the many pools and the towel guys will even set your towels in the mornings if you wish. That's about all for the positives.

The food in the buffet is ok but the choice is the same pretty much every day and you become a little bored. The grill outside is probably the best bet for daily choice plus it's fresher. It's a bit of a bun fight and I mostly got frustrated there and rarely made a visit without muttering under my breath at someone that would push in or jump in front. It can feel like hard work. The staff there are ok, some better than others. I feel this hotel is generally very understaffed with people serving ice cream in the beach ice cream stand popping up in the evening doing front of house in the al a carte's. they must be exhausted. They rotate most staff all over the place, multi skilling at its finest (without the skill unfortunately).

Al a carte's are generally excellent food wise, although comical meals in the Indian and Egyptian were so bad, from a skipping cd playing the ambience music, champagne ice buckets not being available to use as they were being used to catch drips from a leaky roof (no idea why as there is not much rain in Egypt) to orders being so spectacularly wrong it actually became funny. The staff, although very well meaning are pretty useless with some exceptions. I don't know if its the training or what but its become tiring. The language barrier is a huge problem here. Guest relations informed us all staff take english exams. I find that hard to believe unless they all cheat. We ordered 4 beers and 4 Baileys turned up. The beach and pool bars serve drinks in water cooler style plastic cups rather than hardened plastic beakers that you can get in various styles to replicate the correct glass versions. That's not 5 star. International 5 star standard hotels serve drinks in the correct glassware. I understand the need for safety around the pool but a cheap water cooler cup does not make me feel I'm staying somewhere luxurious. There is no poolside service either, a minor niggle. The ice cream stand by the beach frequently runs out of ice cream. You never know if your beer or wine will be cold or warm. I threw many away after one sip as they were warm. Not 5 star service. The consistency of drinks served is poor. We've had mojitos, gin and tonics, vodka tonics etc etc and you can never be sure they will be the same each time. Some staff have no idea how to prepare these drinks. My mum ordered (in the lobby bar in the evening) a gin and tonic and it was served in a water cooler cup, she said she wanted it in a glass, the barman said no it must be in a plastic cup, she insisted, he said no, she insisted further so they poured it into a glass and topped it up with vodka!!!! Everything here comes with baggage. Everything feels like hard work. When things are wrong with the service which is almost every time it is so hard to explain that it beats you down. They just don't understand English or they just don't get it. Having a drink has become a chore rather than a pleasure. We are constantly apprehensive as to whats going to be wrong next and now dread ordering.

We booked a table for 9 in the Chinese two days previous and when we arrived the table was not ready so we stood and waited whilst they shuffled tables together and laid the cutlery although the place was hardly a quarter full (this also happened in the laughably bad Egyptian which was deserted), this is not 5 star service. In a place where tables are pre booked only I felt this was badly organised, it's not like we turned up unexpectedly. We loved our waiter in the Egyptian restaurant. He was on his own, and we were the only table dining in there at the time apart from a couple just finishing their meal, but to have him run around on his own clearing previously dined at tables, serving us and keeping an eye on the champagne buckets catching drips from the ceiling and an ear out for the skipping cd is just unfair on the man. He worked very hard but again you could tell the training, skills or support just isn't there.

We have seen guest relations a couple of times between our group and we are meeting with the food and beverage manager tomorrow. I feel it's too late to change our experience now and I'm now counting the days to go home which is a real shame when we were so looking forward to this family holiday to celebrate my partners 40th, my sons 13th and also my mothers birthday.

I've read previous reviews and all I can say is that this hotel is certainly not 5 star, it could be but it's falling very short at the moment. It's 4 star at a push and depends on what you expect from a holiday of this nature. We stayed at Rixos premium in Belek in Turkey two years ago and found it amazing. This Rixos does not meet those standards mainly because of the service and attention to detail especially in the bars and food service areas. Not saying they're not trying to, but the plain fact is that they're not.

The evening entertainment is more suited to the younger guests and is of a britains got talent audition standard. I could hear Simon Cowells comments in my head as we watched. I feel like I am on an average package holiday when we booked luxury.

I have also noted Rixos's responses to reviews and the standard copy pasted wording of the responses defending the comments of guests and wishing the guest a better experience next time. Well for us there will not be a next time as the problems I read from reviews 6 months ago are still happening here. My advice.................spend the extra and go to Belek or somewhere else as this place probably won't blow you away although they mean well and are probably trying. I've stayed in many hotels around the world, some luxury some basic. Rixos is not meeting it's 5 star rating for service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank davisdavro
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear davisdavro

It was unfortunate that you decided to write your review prior to meeting with any management – however we appreciate any feedback provided.

We do not currently advertise wi-fi in the rooms – according to our concept we offer free wi-fi in public areas. We are however testing a new system where in time we will also offer this service in the rooms. You were informed of this prior to writing your review by our Guest Relation Agent.

Our Buffet provides a wide variety of foods including, meats, vegetables, soups, fish, chicken, pasta, salad, aswell as the live cooking stations. We also arrange themed evenings such as Chinese, Mexican and Oriental. 6 a la carte is also available in the evening and during the days you have the options of the 2 pool snack bars and the beach restaurant.

We were surprised to read you found our staff to be useless. Unfortunately when travelling abroad we always assume that everybody can speak our English Language fluently. All of our staff that are in contact with our guests speak English it is essential upon hiring. Some do however speak better English then others but all staff are easy to communicate with. You were correctly informed that they are taking English Courses – we provide this to our staff in order to improve their language from basic English to more advanced.

We do for safety reasons only use plastic cups at the pools and beech bar – we did use acrylic but we found that the quality available her in Egypt was not great – after a while we found them to be scratched from washing and general use – we felt this was not presentable for our guests.

Our beer is served from draught and also at some bars we offer bottled beer – this is stored in a fridge so is not possible to serve warm – however in such heat of 40-45 degree, it does not take long for the beer to become warm. Whilst sitting with myself and the Food & Beverage Director you were served beer which you also commented was warm – we found it to be cold so maybe you prefer it to be ice cold – we avoid serving ice cold drinks as in such heat can cause you to feel unwell so we serve it at the required temperature.

We apologise you had to wait for your table in the Chinese – as we have more than 1 seating in our a la carte restaurants and on some occasions the earlier seating can overlap causing a delay in the next seating – normally we only prepare tables of 4 as it is a la carte we like to offer a relaxed atmosphere – however our waiters are arranged the tables to ensure you all sat together – this kept you waiting no more than 5 minutes.

You did speak with our Guest Relation a few times and commented about the service of your beer and receiving baileys and also regarding the Indian a la carte – you were not happy that all 9 dishes were not served at the same time and your orders were not correct – we did apologise for the misunderstanding and you refused to meet with any management.

You did however decide to meet with Management during your 2 week stay but this was 2 days before your departure – so as you rightly commented during our meeting it is too late to change some issues.

Our Entertainment program includes Oriental Party’s, Pool Party’s, Fakir Show, Beach Party’s, Dance Shows, Cobra Shows etc, we of course appreciate any suggestions as these could be considered in the future.

Regarding our responses – we are not like other hotels in Egypt – Rixos Hotels responds to each review personally – unfortunately with mostly positive reviews you are quite limited to what you can say apart from thank you. They are very repetitive nevertheless we like to respond and thank our guests for taking the time to write about their experience. We appreciate all feedback and we respond to all – in some cases there is misunderstanding so it is only fair that the hotel also has an opportunity to respond in order for our future guests to get a clearer picture.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you to any of our Rixos Hotels again

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The accommodation was comfortable, clean and quiet! Lovely large pools and well kept beach area. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly and the food was good(Lots of choice). Would I stay again? Definitely! Hopefully soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Taimour N
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Taimor N

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and it willl be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Good morning to everybody.
We just came back from Rixos Sharm el Sheikh. It were our fifth staying at this hotel. We spent a great and amazing time there. We stayed at room number 21102.
Thanks for all staff for hospitality. The staff are very friendly and polite.
The guest relations: looked after our every need. Many thanks to Bella and Olesya.
Restaurant: hotel has 6 a la carte restaurant: Italian (Callaini), Egyptian (Papyrus), Seafood (Hatmehit), Japanese (Sakura), Cheneese (Feng Shui) and Indian (Taj Mahal). We invited all
a la carte restaurant. The best for us was Italian, Cheneese, Seafood and Japanese. Food was very delicious everywhere. Service at all a la carte restaurant was good, but in Indian restaurant the service should be better and waiter should write correct what guest want to choose from menu. Thank Saad that u made our visiting at all a la carte restaurant perfect.
Entertaiment: show at night was amazing. The best for us was Rixos Oriental Night and Pool party.
Spa: is wonderful, it has Jacuzzi, Steam room, Sauna and Turkish bath.
We enjoy our staying at Rixos Sharm el Sheikh
I think that we will come back soon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Katya92

Dear Katya92

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

Your comments have been passed to the mentioned team members.

We appreciate your nice comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Rixos Sharm excellent hotel best we have stayed at in our 14 holidays in Sharm. We have stayed at the Rixos Belek and thought this holiday was even better.
We stayed in April for my birthday and had a 1st class time.
What can I say restaurants fab especially the Indian where the chef made us his special family dish excellent. I had a special birthday meal in the Italian and was spoilt .
The large prawns in the fish restaurant were amazing.
The Chinese also very good Mine the restaurant manager looked after us.
The guest relations staff looked after our every need many thanks to Bella, Kelly and Tuba.
We are returning again 15th September can't wait for another great holiday.
Thanks Rixos team look forward to seeing you again soon
Melanie Wood

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank UKmel8
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear UKmel8

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased you were satisfied with the food and facilities, we look forward to welcoming you back again in September