Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$95
$90
  • Pool
Tamra Beach(Nabq Bay)
$103
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Mirabel Beach(Nabq Bay)
$90
$75
$58
$81
$73
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$92
$50
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Aqua Park(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$31
$24
$59
$33
$24
$53
4,538 results
All reviewslagoon poolzodiac restauranta la carte restaurantsturkish restaurantpiano barrixy clubanimation teammain restaurantfishsharm elbeach restaurantmain poolspecial thanksevening entertainmentgreat holidaybig thankspizza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here at the start of June 2013 & had a fantastic, relaxing time! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who always have a smile on their faces & go out of their way to help with any request. Bella in Guest Services was fantastic and gave loads of invaluable advice. Have stayed in numerous 5 star resorts & this resort is equal to many, not sure what some people expect viewing some of the reviews....something for nothing or they just like to complain! Food & accommodation was outstanding...there were a large number of Russian visitors but they were no problem, the resort is large enough to accommodate everyone. Will definitely be visiting again!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trudi S
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Trudi S

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased we met your expecatations. Your nice comments are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Sharm El Sheikh is a great place to go for the family (with little ones) and this resort is very good. We upgraded to a suite above one of the rooms with a private pool and it was very spacious. There are many pools and the service here is very good, they are very good at keeping the kids happy. This isn't 5* by my standards but it's very good and the price reflects that.

Good:
- The massages here have been the best I've EVER experienced!
- Many pools
- Great service (our swimup poolman "Sam" was just lovely)
- Good quality rooms/suites
- OK entertainment

Less good:
- I had Delhi belly when there... whether it was the buffet or what.. I do not know, my husband and daughter did not get it but it leaves that doubtful feeling...
- The alcohol choice in all inclusive was almost always disappointing, whether it was wine or cocktail.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Katherine G

Dear ikatie

Thakn you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are pleased we met your expectations with most aspects of your stay.

Unfortunately it is common during such hot periods to feel unwell - the buffet is consistently checked by our Food Hygiene Team to ensure it is prepared and served correctly.

Regarding the imported alcohol - this is available in our Piano Bar, Rixos Lounge and Beach Bar - unfortunately the local alcohol is not to everybodys personal taste.Hopefully when you return we can advise you of our wines included in the concept that maybe more enjoyable for you.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My mother and I have just returned from the Rixos Hotel and I wanted to write a review as we have a few tips for future guests. I will be honest there are good and bad points about the hotel and there is defiantly room for improvement.

Can I firstly just say how fabulous the staff are. So friendly and will go out of their way to do anything for you. I would like to give a shout out to Kelly Walmsley who happily sorted out all my problems ( had trouble with my holiday agent) and Mohammed at the pool bar – made me giggle the whole time and made smashing cocktails!

Our room was delightful ( we got a free upgrade to a deluxe room) large, mini fridge stocked with cold drinks (even though some of them were frozen) big luxurious bathroom etc. The only thing is these rooms are a good 20 minutes’ walk to the restaurants however my mum discovered a free shuttle service who will escort you to any part of the hotel ( press 1 on your phone and they will pick you up from reception). Leaving the restaurants however you need to flag one down. Beware the hotel is swarming with Russians – not the most polite people in the world and they jump on the shuttles so you need to be quick.

The let down for my mum and I was the food. The main reason we chose the hotel was for the variety of restaurants but they just aren’t ticking all the boxes when it comes to flavor. For example I noticed on Trip Advisor that people were raving about the fillet steak in the Italian – it is not fillet steak, more like braising steak which they say is covered in a peppercorn sauce – it tasted more like marmite. The Indian advertise they do Lamb Rogan Josh – now us British know a good curry however this was more like a lamb stew. You may think I sound a bit fussy but if I am told that fillet steak is on the menu I want fillet steak! I know it all comes down to preference but my favorite restaurant was Sakura which offers sushi – also if you want sashimi they can only serve salmon due to health and safety reasons.

Another thing I noticed is that the waiters get really offended if you don’t finish your plate of food. They automatically question you ( not in a horrible way) but I didn’t have it in my heart to tell them I disliked the food – it is not their fault. I just feel they need more qualified chefs and then the restaurants will be amazing.

Watch out for the sales guys! They are consisting walking around the pool area trying to sell excursions. One leaves you and then 2 follow. My mum and I pretended to be a sleep when we saw them approaching us! They are quite full on as well and my mother was quite offended in the way they spoke to me.

Out of ten? I would say 7. The hotel facilities are superb however the restaurants let the hotel down. I will not be returning again as I want to see other parts of the world but just be careful with what is included in your all inclusive deal. I was informed that I could drink labeled alcohol but then got charged. I also had freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast which costs money too.

Hope this helps 

Room Tip: If you want no noise at night time asked for a room by the activity pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Hannah F

Dear Hannah F

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

Thank you for your comments for the staff. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy the food. The a la cartes are optional for our guests and we try to offer a different experience and atmosphere from the buffet aswell as the relaxation of ordering from a menu.

We apologise that you felt that waiters were offended. They generally care about your opinions and thats why they ask - they would have appreciated your feedback.

All of our guests are entitled to imported alcohol as part of our Ultra All Inclusice Concept. We have some items still with charge Cognac, Premium Whisky etc but we have 31 varieties included.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just returned a few weeks ago from the Rixos. Please see below for hotel review - most points are positive but will include areas where the hotel can improve as I go along;

Location: Perfectly located, in the Nabq area. Very close to airport, shops, bars, restaurants and very far from Naama Bay (a good thing I must add). This was the 3rd time we visited Sharm so wanted something a little quieter than the hustle and bustle of Naama bay, whilst still being close to other places outside the resort. Although we didnt actually venture out much (due to having two small children) it was good to know other places were closeby (Nabq centre, Hard Rock, KFC, McDonalds, Shopping, Soho Square, etc).

Rooms: We had a junior suite which worked out perfectly. Extremely spacious, huge bed (maybe Queen size?), lounge area, walk in wardrobe, huge bathroom (with shower, bath and twin sinks). Although we didnt have a separate room for the little ones we found the suite more than adequate. The flat screen tv sat in the middle between the lounge and bed areas and was on a swivel stand so was good to adjust position depending on which side of the suite we were at. We were in block 19 which was closest to the beach and food areas - perfect location. One bad point was that the entertainment was extremely loud which made it difficult for the little ones to sleep - when we called to ask what days the entertainmeht was on and what time it would finish, we were always told it was only for that day. Unfortunately the same thing happened on a few occasions.

Buffet Restaurants: Lots and lots of choice for the main buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Granted the majority of the food was the same most of the days but there was so much choice anyway it would be difficult to say I was bored of the food choice. The majority of the main buffet items were the same but they had 7-8 differing specials (at each of the 3-4 'stations') at every meal. One major error was that some food items which appeared to be vegetarian had meat inside. This wouldn't be a problem for most but for vegetarians this was an absolute disaster. Items should have been clearly labelled to state that meat was included. Vegetable lasagne for example was labelled Vegetable lasagne but after trying it we realised it had meat in it. After enquiring further one of the waiters confirmed it was minced beef inside! On a more positive note, staff were always friendly and would go the extra mile to ensure diners were comfortable and dining needs met.

A-la cartes: A la cartes were very nice (we tried italian, indian, egyptian, chinese, seafood) and this made a nice change from the buffet. One criticism we shared with other posters here was that bookings were always unavailable for the a-la carte restaurants - yet when we did eventually eat at any of these there was always lots of tables free. This made the restaurants look empty and lifeless - I believe they would have looked much better had there been more diners in my opinion.

Pools: Lots of choice with there being over 7 or so. 3-4 had swim up bars. 2 seemed adults only. 2 heated pools (mainly for kids), with 1 having small slides for toddlers and young children. Also main pool had daily exercise classes which seemed quite popular with the guests. No problems getting sunbeds in any of the pool areas. The 3 main water slides were good but it didnt have anyone manning the slide so couldnt determine what height/age was allowed and neither was it posted on a sign anywhere.

Beach: easy access - a quick 3 minute walk and you're on the beach! The beach itself was as you'd expect with most in Sharm. Lots of pebbles but thats the norm here. Good snorkelling spots if you're into that. Beach bar available as are toilets.

Salon: I didnt try this myself but my wife did and she was quite impressed. The prices did seem a little expensive for what they provided however.

Entertainment: Lots of evening shows in the open air dome outside - fire throwers one evening, egyptian dancers another evening, and more. They also had a nightclub somewhere on premises but we didnt have a look due to the kids.

Kids: Great kids club with lots of activities for children : painting, drawing, crafts, mini movie room, mini park with slides/swings etc. Food also served here at lunch so people didnt need to move away from the area to main buffet at lunchtimes. There was childrens disco most evenings in the old reception. Unfortunately the majority of the songs were foreign (I assume russian due to the high number of russian guests here) so difficult for UK children to get involved. Nevertheless our son did start to enjoy it after a few nights, and was always then itching to go to the kids disco. The entertainment team were always extremely friendly and would try and encourage children to get involved.

Guest Relations: Kelly, Bella and especially Zainab were always willing to go the extra mile to help if needed. Unfortunately, our daughter became seriously ill with gastroentiritis during our stay and had to be admitted to Sinai hospital in Hadaba (old sharm). The doctor (although extremely difficult to get hold of!) was also very professional in helping us and assuring us of her safety. Guest relations were great at organising cars to & from the hospital, transferring phone calls between the room and hospital and any other requests.

So to summarise

Good points
Great location - away from Naama and close to airport and Nabq
Large hotel - impossible to feel crowded due to sheer size
Lots of pools - depending on what you are after
Great Rooms - I recommend the junior suite
Large choice of food - 6 a la cartes and great buffet selection
Good for kids - fun kids club, disco and activities

Possible improvements
Entertainment can be quite noisy in evenings - staff need to confirm when entertainment is on and convey that to guests accordingly
Large slides should have either a person or sign to state what age and/or height is allowed. This would ensure safety for children who cannot swim.
Childrens entertainment geared for russians mainly.
A-la cartes - should allow more bookings for guests as it was clear the current booking system wasn't working well (too many empty tables and too many guests cannot book)
Buffet : Anything with meat should be clearly labelled.

All in all we were extremely happy with our stay. We usually stay in 5 star hotels but this was the first time we did so in an all-inclusive. We are glad we chose the Rixos and had it not been for our daughter becoming ill it would have been a perfect holiday.

Room Tip: Block 19 is a decent location. Close to the beach and buffet areas whilst also away from the front of the hotel where its a little noisier during the day
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Kamikaze-101
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Kamakazi-101

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were impressed with all the facilities and services offered by Rixos.

We have information boards situated around the resort advertising our Day and Evening Programme - of course our staff should also know this and your comments have been noted and will be passed to the relevant Manager.

Our Aqua Park has a sign with all relevant information - hieght restrictions, water depths etc. We also have 2 life guards situated at the top and the bottom should our guests need any assistance.

It was unfortunate that your daughter became ill during her stay, we always like to take extra precautions with our young guests especially with such heat. For this reason we recommend visiting the hospital to be on the safe side.

Since your visit in March we have changed our reservation system for a la carte, all reservations are made via a touch screen kiosk, these are available to our guests 24 hours and are simple to use, once you have checked in you can start to make reservations.

Thank you for your comments regarding the food labelling - all our food items are labelled, on some occasions during the service time it is possible that the food items change - our Chefs and service team will take more care of this in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had a fantastic stay at the Rixos back in April. Check in was smooth, we were given the necessary wristbands and explanation of how everything worked then one of the staff helped us with our bags to our absolutely huge room. There was a free fruit platter which was a nice touch.
The grounds were immaculately kept, nice gym and spa, the restaurants were all excellent with a great choice, I see some complaints about the availability of booking them but I had no such problems. There was entertainment on every night and the animation team were always friendly and came to say hello during the day.
There were a lot of tour reps stopping by but they were always polite with no hassle, they are however a bit more expensive than if booked elsewhere.
I regularly visited the beach bar and always had a laugh with one of the barman called Mo.

Overall an excellent stay and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Brian W

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are pleased we met your expectations and you were impresssed with what we had to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.