Not long returned from a wonderful holiday at Rixos with my family (wife, 1 year old son and my parents). There were so many things to enjoy it's hard to know which one to write about first. All aspects of the hotel are spotless and immaculately kept. This is my first stay in an all inclusive resort and I'm sure it will be hard to top it for the money.
The main high points for us were the quality and variety of the food, the cleanliness and amenities on offer at the hotel and most importantly the staff (waiters and guest relations). The staff were not only professional, but also happy and offered a personal service, meaning that we didn't just feel like another guest at a large resort.
We managed to sample all of the restaurants, with the exception of the seafood restaurant, and they were all fantastic. I was a initially a little apprehensive with how the Zodiac would be based on other reviews, however it far exceeded my expectations. The food was very varied and it was a joy to see fresh and interesting meals and desserts on a daily basis. All members of my family did however have some 'bowel upset' (I don't think more details are necessary), which I have read from other reviews. This was nothing major other than one needed sometimes to have close proximity to a toilet. Having returned, I read that in Egypt this can be because of the local water and the fruit and salad. It is mostly fruits with the skins on i.e. dates, grapes, strawberries etc. Seen as we all didn't touch anything other than bottled water, it seems most likely to be the fruit or salads. As I said, nothing major, but hopefully this will stop others falling into the same problem.
Although a 5 star review and hotel, no place is perfect, so here comes the slightly negative experiences we had. I was a little surprised by the sand on the beach. Don't get me wrong, there is no major problem, but seen how pristinely kept the rest of the hotel was, I think the beach could do with having the top skimmed so that it can be freed up of some debris. We spent half of our time there so it did not detract from our pleasure of being there, but something I would recommend to be considered. One more problem was that the WiFi didn't work all of the time and during our visit it was only available in the two hotel receptions. It appeared that this was being worked on while we were there and may well be all over the resort now, but if you need the internet while you are there, best to check first as it was a bit shaky.
I'm sorry to say, but seen as first impressions count, I would get rid of most of the reception staff and replace them with the much more professional and friendly waiters. Without going in to details, we had a rather negative experience with our check in and trying to resolve matters, which was mostly due to poor service. The waiters seemed to speak much better English and were more personable, so these guys should be the front of house. Seen however that my review is 5 stars, I think this goes to show how a negative first impression can be turned around and more!
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a few days of pampering in the sun and luxury! My hat goes off to the management behind it all is this is one well oiled machine!
n.b. Glass bottom trip was OK, but sad to see that the coral and fish seemed to have suffered with the development in the area (could have just been where we went). Also booked a trip to Cairo, which was an eye opener! Definitely worth it for the pyramids and a lesson in insane driving although be prepared for a loooong day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay