We have just returned from a truly fantastic stay at this wonderful Hotel, the Rixos Sharm. Here are my thoughts that I hope will help you make up your mid.
We flew with Thomas Cook and both outbound and return flights were very good. Interestingly the Boeing 757 had new seats fitted which did not recline, this meant you not only got extra leg room but also did not have the annoyance of having someone in front finding it necessary to recline their seat while you were trying to eat!
The best I have experienced. On arrival our bags were taken and we were asked to take a comfy seat and fill in a form while served a refreshing drink. Megan, one of the Hotels Guest Relations team then talked us through the hotels facilities before we were taken by the bell boy to our room in a buggy. Our luggage arrived a few minutes later, excellent!
We had a standard room that overlooked the lagoon pool. There were 3 of us so an extra bed was provided and the room was plenty large enough with lots of storage space, a balcony with furniture and a large bathroom. All was very clean and in excellent condition.
The Hotel is large and is set out in different areas, there is the main reception and Piano Bar which leads down to the entertainment pool with 3 water slides, amazingly we didn’t get to these but they looked good. At the centre of the hotel is a beautiful lagoon pool which then leads down to the main restaurants and onto the tranquil beach. The gardens are superbly manicured and were constantly being tended to. There are more than enough sunbeds and even bean bags for lazing on the grass. The beach is fabulous and you can’t beat being handed an iced cold face towel to cool you from the heat of the afternoon sun. If you really want to splash out you can hire a private cabana on the beach for the day and have your own butler service, day bed, TV, fridge and wifi – the ultimate relaxation experience!
The food was excellent. We ate at all the A la Carte restaurants (6) which we booked with Bella on our first day at Guest Relations (hello Bella and thank you). Do have lunch at the Beach restaurant – it’s wonderful - and as for the Curry and Sushi, well fantastic is the only word!
The thing that really made our stay were the people, so friendly and helpful. Bella and Megan at Guest Relations, Ali, Ahmed and Messi at the lagoon pool kept us entertained for hours. Zicco looked after us at the pool bar; and Maksou was so attentive at the Zodiac restaurant, we miss them all.
This is the first hotel we have been to where we have said we will return after just 1 day, don’t hesitate, this really is the best hotel in Sharm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay