“Rixos Amazing Rixos”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Rixos Amazing Rixos”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have just returned from a truly fantastic stay at this wonderful Hotel, the Rixos Sharm. Here are my thoughts that I hope will help you make up your mid.
We flew with Thomas Cook and both outbound and return flights were very good. Interestingly the Boeing 757 had new seats fitted which did not recline, this meant you not only got extra leg room but also did not have the annoyance of having someone in front finding it necessary to recline their seat while you were trying to eat!

Check In
The best I have experienced. On arrival our bags were taken and we were asked to take a comfy seat and fill in a form while served a refreshing drink. Megan, one of the Hotels Guest Relations team then talked us through the hotels facilities before we were taken by the bell boy to our room in a buggy. Our luggage arrived a few minutes later, excellent!

Room
We had a standard room that overlooked the lagoon pool. There were 3 of us so an extra bed was provided and the room was plenty large enough with lots of storage space, a balcony with furniture and a large bathroom. All was very clean and in excellent condition.

The Grounds
The Hotel is large and is set out in different areas, there is the main reception and Piano Bar which leads down to the entertainment pool with 3 water slides, amazingly we didn’t get to these but they looked good. At the centre of the hotel is a beautiful lagoon pool which then leads down to the main restaurants and onto the tranquil beach. The gardens are superbly manicured and were constantly being tended to. There are more than enough sunbeds and even bean bags for lazing on the grass. The beach is fabulous and you can’t beat being handed an iced cold face towel to cool you from the heat of the afternoon sun. If you really want to splash out you can hire a private cabana on the beach for the day and have your own butler service, day bed, TV, fridge and wifi – the ultimate relaxation experience!

The food was excellent. We ate at all the A la Carte restaurants (6) which we booked with Bella on our first day at Guest Relations (hello Bella and thank you). Do have lunch at the Beach restaurant – it’s wonderful - and as for the Curry and Sushi, well fantastic is the only word!
The thing that really made our stay were the people, so friendly and helpful. Bella and Megan at Guest Relations, Ali, Ahmed and Messi at the lagoon pool kept us entertained for hours. Zicco looked after us at the pool bar; and Maksou was so attentive at the Zodiac restaurant, we miss them all.

This is the first hotel we have been to where we have said we will return after just 1 day, don’t hesitate, this really is the best hotel in Sharm!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lagoon pool have a great view but will get the noise from the entertainment un...
4 Thank Daymo123
TubaYolcu, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Daymo123,
Greetings from Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Team,
Thanks for your kind comments about us and for sharing your experiences from Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you soon at Rixos. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.
Regards,
Your Rixos Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pershore, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I could spend hours writing about this place had a room facing the main pool was well kept and really spacious and in an excellent location but I think any room would be fine theres always the shuttle service I like to walk everywhere but got a lift a couple of times just for fun, walking around here it looks amazing .

My mum was a little disappointed that the adult only restaurant wasnt open but I was happy with the zodiac restaurant , lunch near the beach was great too we went to the chinese and the italian really enjoyed both . Will mellor was in the chinese when we were really hope I wasnt staring wanted a picture but didnt want to bother him , did chat to him briefly later in the week which was cool .

Didnt show any interest in massages or trips and didnt get any hassle , and im pretty sure I read somewhere you can get dnd flags from the beach towel hut .

Its nice to see more women working in the hotel I had no problem with any of the staff but my mum found some of them have an odd attitude towards women .

I had my haircut while I was there its a really good cut and no clippers proper razor was used on my neck , was thinking about going back later in the week for a shave but didnt find the time.

The bus driver who took us to sharm airport was a bit rude he asked everyone for money as he gave them their cases no one gave him any and when there was just me and another guys cases left he said we could them ourselves . But this is nothing to do with rixos our transfers were through thomas cook, has just made me to decide to use the hotel taxi service for tranfers in future

Will definitely be returning to Rixos

3 Thank Nicholas H
TubaYolcu, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Nicholas,

Greetings from sunny Sharm El Sheikh. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with Rixos and thanks for your kind comments .

We were also so happy that Mr. Will Mellor`s stay with us as you mentioned, Once again thanks to all our guests that they choose us for their holidays.
Hope to welcome you soon and please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

Regards,
Your Rixos Team
Wales
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have stayed previously at other Rixos hotels last one was Lara beach and so our expectations were high as I know the standard of ther hotels to be excellent and I am pleased to say that the hotel did not let us down!
We had booked a deluxe room and I emailed the hotel before travelling to let the hotel know it was My husbands 50th birthday and they upgraded us to a suite and all I can say is wow! They had a birthday cake waiting aswell. what a lovely touch. The hotel has something for everyone you got lively areas quiet areas and the are so many swimming pools to choose from when it comes to sunbathing and our favourite was the beach lovely and sandy and had a great Pier from where you could get straight in to the deep sea and snorkel. The 2 main buffet restaurants were lovely and one is adults only so we tended to eat in that one. A big mention to the ladies at guest relations who were always so helpful and booked all the al'carte restaurants for us, they are well worth a visit, our personal favourite was the Egyptian. There are several bar's to drink at but I would like to give Mohamed a mention at the lobby bar by the entertainment he always new our drinks order, and service with a smile. You can't fault the hotel and it's staff nothing was too much trouble for them, my only gripe was some of the Russian guests were very rude, especially towards the Hotel Staff and could do with finding some manners!
We had the best holiday and will certainly stay here again hopefully next year, and have and will continue to recomend to family and friends.

Thank You Rixos for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a High floor so as to have a better view of the hotel's grounds/pools or sea.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mrs_BearWales
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Mrs_BearWales

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay here with us.

We are so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Antrim
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Returned to my home just over two weeks ago, and my goodness how one can get very used to having the best of everything, I just want to go back on the next flights. This was our fifth time staying at what used to be called the Royal Grand Azure, and now the “RIXOS” hotel, and there have been many changes over the past two years. Many new additions to this beautiful resort, one is the magnificent Spa complex, sheer luxury – and everything you can enjoy and relax. The decor is absolutely superb, and without doubt the staff, as always are most courteous and welcoming, and if you have been previously to this hotel, the original personnel plus are now in the new Spa. This is the place I book my first appointments for five treatments, and it sure is the best.
Before I go any further in this report, can I just re-iterate the great welcome that is received as always by Karam and his team, the folk in the reception, the Guest Relations team Bella, Kelly and all the new people who have worked with Rixos organisation, who are very talented with many languages – you are made so welcome, and for me it is my home when I am there with everyone.
There are two very large dining restaurants, one is the Nefertiti , where we enjoyed excellent food, a great selection for all, and if you have a sweet tooth, the choice is endless. Chef Cinar, Chef Sherif and all the chefs who I have had the pleasure to know, cannot do enough for you – if there is something you want, just ask. They, along with the Restaurant Managers and the waiting staff, are most polite and always courteous, and most of all a pleasure to be amongst. The pleasant atmosphere, and the ambience in the Nefertiti is so relaxing, and with such a variety of food, who needs anything else.
The other very large restaurant –“Zodiac” is for families, and caters for a large number of people, barbeque style food is also served on a number of evenings, as well as the large selection in the dining room, so no reason to go hungry. The Al a Carte restaurants are in this complex, all excellent. Chef Alaa, and a number of the other people I have met on previous times, had just gone on vacation, but we will all catch up again later this year.
Now, for all those people who have young children, there is a "Rixy Club", a new complex has been organised, and has everything to offer. The childrens rest rooms, classrooms, outside area for playing, the boys and girls toilet facilities all beautifully decorated, the eating area for the children excellently laid out, and not forgetting most of all, they have a very well qualified staff for taking care of all them all. There is an area outside the complex where the children have their own vegetable garden, and are shown how to grow the different plants – it is just excellent, and most secure.
The other folk who take care to make sure that you enjoy your vacation are the guys who sort out your towels/ sunbeds – they do give you the first class treatment every time, each day. We as always, occupy an excellent room, and are lucky to have the cleaning all done early morning – and on a number of occasions there is a surprise of towel decorations, which are quite spectacular , all the little additives that are pleasing to the eye.

The restaurant ‘ Hatmehit Sea Food’ has now been erected just alongside the front of the beach, with seating outside and inside, and if you are a real fish eater, you will love this restaurant. Of course, not forgetting all the other restaurants – all excellent, and with wonderful food, along with great staff, who are most helpful – this hotels moto is “Except nothing less” it sure does ‘ what it says on the tin’ so to speak.
A new introduction to the hotel complex, are the Cabanas – all with very calming decor, and all that you need in them. I have not availed of one myself –as I just love the sun too much. They are costly, but then again when on holiday, try out everything.
I really only have one suggestion and that is, that the Management of the hotel, use one of the ‘Cabanas’ as a Hospitality Desk.
There is a ‘Sentry Box’ type of desk already installed just down from the Hatmehit Sea Food Restaurant, this type of desk is usually manned by a Guard to the entrance of Security buildings, and there is definitely no worry about security at this hotel, or throughout the Sharm El Sheikh Resort – to me it is the safest place in the world.

For those who are reading my report – you should just go out to Sharm El Sheikh, and enjoy this beautiful hotel, and all it has to offer – you will want to return. One group of people I could not forget to mention, and that is all the gardeners, the whole area is beautifully kept, no withering bushes or flowers, even petals, they are all cleared away very quickly.
Attached some photographs showing a small portion of what is on offer, some of the childrens play area, and play room and gardens.

One band of men one could not forget, and that is the gardenders who keep the hotel grounds, plants and trees in exceptional condition, they start work very early in the morning, and any loose petals, or debris is all away by the time you are heading off to breakfast. It is a lovely sight in the morning to see such superb grounds, and then to catch up with the sun daily.

I have some lovely photos of the food presentation in the Nefertiti, and Zodiac restaurants, the childrens "Rixy" Club, but unfortunately I am not able to get them connected, perhaps I will on my next report.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are situated in good areas, it would just depend on whether to like to hear the mus...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anreimse
Dear anreimse

We would also like to thank you for your continued support of Rixos Sharm el Sheikh.

We are so pleased you are impressed with the improvements we have made and we look forward to welcoming you back for your 6th visit.

Herent, Belgium
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have spent some great holidays in Rixos Sharm El Sheikh with a group of 7. We went during the Belgian Easter holidays for 12 days.

Having read some comments on tripadvisor, we were happy that the Russian Easter holidays were one week earlier than ours. That's why we were quite astonished to arrive in a Russian colony. However, we have to admit that except some rudeness to the staff and very few smiles and happy faces, we did not experience any trouble. We stayed most of the time at the quiet, non-heated, Laguna pool and as our holidays went on, we got more and more surrounded by Belgian and British people.

The mini club:
A big thank you to the Rixos mini club. Ok, it was all Russian, and my 4-year old daughter is now making weird (Russian?) sounds, but both of my children had fun during the activities. It is a very nice playground and there is lots of material to play with. As our children could make some Flemish friends, it did not bother they could not understand anything. Moreover, they do make efforts to speak English or even some Dutch words with the children. The mini disco every evening was big fun.

The main restaurant:
As we went there with a family of 7 and booked with VIP selection for a holiday of 12 days, I felt a little bit disappointed in the service offered compared to the price that was paid for the holiday. There is no continuity at all in the service offered. Some people get everything, some people get nothing. Some waiters help you with everything, some waiters don't. We are used to first being offered good service, and then giving a nice tip to the waiter to thank him. In the main restaurant it is the other way round: you first need to give a nice tip, and then you can get a drink. And it is not even a guarantee. I guess it is impossible for them to remember who has given a tip and who has not. One evening I only got a drink because I took a bottle of water from an empty table and I had to drink it from the bottle because there was no glass. They are however very experienced in clearing the tables. At the start of the holidays, we were still giving a lot of tips because we thought this might help. But at the end we gave up a little bit. I wonder if you can blame the personnel for the lack of service. You literally see the same people at breakfast, at lunch and at dinner. They are overloaded. But I would rather have a self-service bar where I can get my drinks myself than having to wait and hope for a drink.

The a la carte restaurants:
What a relieve to get some service! This is really a big plus to the hotel. We booked the Indian, Sea Food and Italian. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. I liked it very much. I regret not having booked the other restaurants.

Restaurant at the beach:
Just like a lot of other things at the hotel we discovered by accident that you can also eat every day a la carte during lunch at the sea food restaurant. We went there nearly every lunch. Very nice change to the main restaurant, very nice waiters and great view.

The Rixos Cab service:
The domain is very big, so we did not have a chance to gain too much weight because of all the walking. Only at the middle of our holidays a Rixos cab service was available to drive everyone around the hotel. This is very nice when travelling with children.

The family room:
I did like the family room very much. The parent's room is separated from the children's room by a window (and curtain) and a door. There is plenty of space. Very nice shower. Both parents and children have a TV (not that you would need it). There is a dutch speaking channel. It was very clean. In the beginning, I was a bit disappointed not to see any swans and crocodiles despite the tips, but I think after a change in personnel (here again, no continuity in the service!) we did receive the whole art work every day. Fantastic how much creativity they can put in making up a room! The view from the backside of building 4 is not superb, but there was not too much noise except from the wind.

The trips:
We booked our trips via Jetair. We liked very much the discovery jeep safari, the city tour and the hamam treatment. We did not like at all the seascope. Really too expensive to sit one hour and a half in a non-airconditioned bus with a russian speaking guide, one hour on a boat and finally one hour on the same non-airconditioned bus. You can go to Plopsaland all day and have dinner for the same money.
Would I book this hotel again? Yes, but then I would try to book all a la carte restaurants, so that I would not have to eat that often in the main restaurant. I would also check in advance the holiday periods of our eastern European friends. And I would take into account an even bigger budget for tips to all the staff.

4 Thank Reismama_DVDB
Dear Reismama_DVDB

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

Thank you for your comments regarding the service, these have been forwarded to our Food and Beverage Management, regarding tipping this is not compulsary and is at the discretion of our guests, the service team do however try to provide a high standard service regardless of receiving tips or not. Als he at Rixos Sharm el Sheikh we do offer several outlets for our guests to enjoy their lunch and dinner, aswell as the Zodiac Family Buffet we have 2 snack bars and 1 beach resturaunt serving hot and cold food throughout the day.

Of course we are still making changes and improving our resort step by step and we look forward to welcoming you back in order for you to see our progress.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

If this was down to the hotel only and not my overall experience it would be 5 star every time. We were at the hotel from 6th to 15th April 2013, and are a family of 4 with two teenage children. This hotel is the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at in Egypt, and we have stayed at many of the top 10 hotels in Sharm in the past. It is impecable, and the facilities are immense. Literally anything you could think of that you would want in a hotel is there. The rooms are amazing, extremely spacious and luxurious. We had 2 deluxe rooms ( 2 people in each) and it was very good. Contrary to recent reviews we thought the staff were great. Really get the sense that they want to do everything to make your stay enjoyable. The location is great if you want to relax, as it is near all of the attractions of Sharm if you want them, but the hotels size means that you can literally find a pool that is quiet ( there are nine pools). The beach area is great aswell, with the beach bar being a real highlight. The food is not as good as we were expecting, but still ok by egypt hotel standards. But one downside are the amount of russians and germans staying at the hotel. I understand that when it was the "Royal Grand Azure" there were far more english than eastern europeans but now it is very much the other way around and english are certainly the minority despite the hotel seemingly being geared towards the english. Another downside is the sheer size of the place, in that it works both ways it is good for relaxation but the hotel sacrifices atmosphere because of it. Overall a very good stay, and an amazing hotel in a good position. Let down by the atmosphere and slightly the sheer size of the place, but otherwise v.good.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor and ask for a pool/sea view otherwise you will not get it no matter what room yo...
1 Thank Calhan1
Dear Calhan

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. During the Winter months the European Market was slightly quiet due to us not being advertised in any brochures etc. However during the summer we have a wide variety of European Tour Operators working with us.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have real mixed feelings abouth this hotel. If it wasnt for the attitude of the staff, i could rank it easily to a good 5* all inclusive resort in Sharm and recommend it to friends and family, but....

Staff miss so much style, class and courtesy. Many speak better Russian then English and
are also more intrested in serving them then the handfull of Europeans.
queing to make a reservation at one of the a la carte restaurants, was a joke with the russian
guestrelation, who prefered giving proirity to her compatriots.
Explaining the most simple things, was impossible with moments.

Staff at the spa are extremaly pushy and feel offended when you finally ask them to leave u alone.
I dont need a guy sitting on my mattress at the pool, starting a massage, when i said 10 times friendly NO!
I also dont need to tell my whole life to every member of the staff. A little bit distance would be
appropriate.
They just dont have any feeling of respect for female hotelguests and i also catched them many times laughing and insulting women,not knowing i understand Arabic....... :)))))

One member of the staff invited me to have a drink in town with him alone, after a friendly "NO thank you", he kept on asking me why not and feld offcorse offended.
I can go on and on, but after a while i realy got the feeling, they got angry with me, because i
started to ignore them completaly.

I speak in general, there is also a handfull of staff who do have the courtesy to understand that
i just wanted a relaxed and quiet holiday on my own, with my daughter.
My roomboy was a real gentleman, who spoke good english and always understood when there
was a problem. Always approached me in a descent way. A credit to the hotel !

People from animation also very polite, never pushy, the right people for a 5* hotel.
F&B manager who i spoke with is also on the right place.

Its a beautifull hotel, good food, but 80% of the staff should better move to a 3* hotel where
they can play and have fun with the Russians as much as they can.

6 Thank BelgiumReiziger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#14 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#5 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#7 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!