We have just returned from a week at the Rixos 10th-17th March and our stay did not disappoint
The hotel is huge much bigger than we usually choose and I have to admit that on our arrival when I saw the pool with rows and rows of sunbeds I was a little daunted.The following morning when we were able to explore more (and there is a lot to see !) we found the lagoon pool, perfect!
yes it was chilly but as they say' great once you're in '.and we also enjoyed the buzz around the main pool for sundowners .
We weren't too happy with the location of our first room but were moved without a problem to a room overlooking the main pool which can be noisy but only from 10am and not all day
the ground floor rooms were great for families ,straight out onto lawn.
we ate in 4 of the restaurants Fish,Chinese,Italian and Egyptian they were all ok, attentive service decent food but lacked a little atmosphere.
We also ate in both buffet restaurants and to be honest preferred the family restaurant to the adults the location was much better (near to the beach) and the staff much friendlier.
Although the hotel is huge it was very easy to find a quiet spot to enjoy a drink both daytime and evening (however it wasn't full) the beach bar has a great location and the beach restaurant lovely for lunch what more could you want than a tasty snack served with a smile, a glass of fizz sunshine, and sea views ? cocktails in the piano bar in the evening very civilised...fab Mojitos.
my only issue and its a small one is I hate polystyrene cups that tea and coffee was served in
at the pools and not keen on the disposable plastic beakers for drinks I know they cant be glass but picnic type glasses are preferable however I totally understand that with so many guests collecting and cleaning them would not be practical.therefore I forgive them
The whole resort is immaculate and maintenance work is evident .
Well done to all at the Rixos you have a lot to be proud of thanks for a lovely holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay