On arrival at Rixos we were quickly checked in without being offered a welcome drink or hot towel, which we have always found to be customary, in five star hotels. We were all a little disappointed by this, however being shown to our Large and very clean, comfortable rooms lifted our spirits.
Hotel: This spacious resort is extremerly clean and well maintained, providing all the facilities you would expect from a Five star Hotel.
Rooms: Our rooms had ample wardrobe space, safe, large modern bathrooms and very comfortable beds. Everyday the rooms were cleaned to a high standard.
Food: We found the food in the adults only buffet restaurant to be of a good standard, with plenty of choice. Especially on Christmas eve when we had the opportunity to try ostrich for the first time, which was delicious.
We ate at the Italian, Chinese and Indian restaurants which were all excellent and highly recommended.
Entertainment: We feel that this is an area that needs to be improved upon, myself and my husband did not enjoy the loud music, which was part of the entertainment programme every night. We would have prefered an option in the evenings that catered for a more mature audience.
Staff: As we have found with every hotel we have visited in Egypt the staff were once again extremerly friendly and obliging. Do make an effort to communicate with them as they really do enjoy the British sense of humour!
If you are considering visiting this resort, don't hesitate as you won't be dissapointed. We intend to visit other Rixos Resorts in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay