Ok here goes... Firstly do not book a trip with on the beach if you expect the reservation to actually have been made! This isn't the place to go into how awful that company have been but you gave been warned! Luckily despite the rixos reception advising us they had no access to international calls (!) our issue was sorted by Kelly in guest relations in moments on our second morning after a lot of hassle with "on the beach" incapable of offering assistance! The check in process is pretty slow but the reception is a large comfortable lobby area with drinks swiftly delivered so a relaxing process I would assume for those who actually have a room booked! Our room was large and clean with a partial sea view from the balcony. The bed was a little hard but we slept very well and the noisy aircon soon became soothing! Anyone worried about building works please stop as these appear to be complete. There were some minor works while we were there 20-27 October but they were barely noticeable and we had been really worried about this as we wanted a quiet stress free week of relaxing! In fact the speed at which the beach cabanas were constructed and then painted was interesting/impressive and other minor works and ongoing landscaping/improvements were a sign
of investment in the hotel by the new management. Food was ok not 5* in my book but probably the best on offer in egypt without paying 4 seasons prices! You have to book but we tried most of the a la cartes as the two buffet restaurants and their ecclectic selection of foods and often hectic or souless atmospheres weren't really our style. The beach snack restaurant was good for lunch and the buffets were actually good for breakfast especially the egg chefs. What is nice is the fact you don't wear a wristband or sign for your food/drinks and everyone is on the same ultra all inclusive plan with mini bar unlimited water etc. None of the nonsense some hotels have about not finding a sunlounger the beach area and several pools mean this us no problem. The staff are great, in particular abdullah and George at the middle pool bar and sam in the piano bar. Guest relations girls are hugely efficient and helpful. Everyone is friendly and we did not feel in the hotel that there was a tipping culture but a thank you when we left was appreciated. Not many English people though the Thomas cook contract is apparently starting up again and will no doubt change this. The staff love to hear a British voice as the majority of customers seemed to be Russian or Arabs and often have no time for ps and qs or banter with the waiters etc! We did 2 day trips both great particularly the snorkelling trip to Tiran island booked on site with pyramid dive school. No idea what the daily ents programme is as for most of the week it wasn't published but by our last day this was on the notice board. Evening entertainment was ok the cobra show probably best the guy translating into 4 different languages was loud and annoying but with the diverse mix of customers I guess this is necessary... The main negative was the stage recently built on the beach meant that the insanely loud music with thumping bass was very noisy in the room until midnight on Thursday night and later on Saturday despite our checking at 12.30am and there being just 10 people on the beach enjoying the random rave!!! All in all a beautiful hotel with a lovely beach great staff and potential to be even better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay