“very good in sharm”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Budapest, Hungary
“very good in sharm”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Well, in my opinion, according to my standards, it's one of the best hotels in sharm el sheik.
Maybe, it would not be 5 stars in Europe, but it is definetely 5 stars in egypt.
Pretty nice lobby, really helpful staff, good, really good food, well treated garden and super rooms.
I would absolutely recomment it to you all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bistvan
GuestRelationRGA, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Bitvan

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kelly Walmsley
Royal Grand Azure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went to RGA in July for 2 weeks.
hotel and grounds stunning and clean.
pools - plenty of them and lots of sun beds due to low occupancy.
beach - ok, I found lots of litter and a wild dog that chased my daughter and tried to jump on me!!
kids club - bit of a joke, it's a small hotel room that has been converted .......... maybe that's why you can't find any pictures of it!
room- we booked a jnr suite req rm 20101 cos of the trp ad isor comments.... it's big beautiful... yes u have a sea view but can only view the sea if u stand up or have an inspector gadget neck as u can't view the sea from sitting at the table and chairs provided..... so feel a bit robbed from the brick balcony.
ala carte restaurants - stunning food and service, we would have liked to have eaten at 8.00pm but this time is not available.

zodiac restaurant - omg, HORRIFIC is one way to describe it, I had to get my own cutlery 10 days out of 14.......waiters are lazy and very slow, we very rarely got drinks with our meal unless I went to the bar for them, waiter would ask us if we wanted a drink and we would say 'we are leaving now' ..... very frustrating , I did complain and Kelly and Ali the f &b manager were lovely but the service didn't really changed, Ali even pointed me out the the restaurant manager, which was embarrassing and did not even make a slight bit of difference to the Service I received! the restaurant manager with the shaven head and glasses needs sacking!! he is as useless as a paper pan !! others round the pool were very unhappy as well. may I addd the zodiac restaurant is the family restaurant and the adult ony restaurant had amazing service wtf??????

bars - pool bar , sameh was lovely even thou he was attacked most days with a water gun, we tipped quite considerably at this bar and service wasn't great, they would say sit down and we will bring the drinks over, sometimes we would get the drinks another times we would wait 10 mins and other times we wouldn't get Anything, I do believe this is because the bar staff and anyone that walked past was on guard from getting soaked by a group of Brits who thought tHis was hilarious!! other Brits did not find this funny. :( also we would go to the bar and ask for bottled water and we would be handed warm water .... who wants to drink warm water... not us!

lobby bar - samer was great but we did tip him , other people said the bar service was very slow and sometimes they didn't get a drink, we tipped so we did????

towel guys - all very nice but we found the towel situation a bit of a nightmare, at the end of the day we would hand our towels in and they wanted to give us new towels , but we didn't want to carry 3 heavy towels across the other side of the hotel In an intense heat, they did not want to give us cards instead?? we found a way around it b tipping the towel guys, but sadly they kept being moved around so we ended up tipping 3 towel guys in 2 weeks.... ridiculous!!

Tummy Pains - this isthe first holiday that I have been Ill, this is my fourth visit to egypt, I had a bad bowel movement 4thday and then bad pains and bloated for the rest of the holiday?????? everyone I spoke to suffered, I don't understand why??

Entertainment staff - they work SO hard, it's not the best entertainment I have had, but they are an amazing crew x tamara, alex (runcorn), Charlie, ashraf , Egyptian girl? and the rest not sure of names, they never introduced themselves to us x

so I am bitterly dissapointed with this hotel, it has the potential of being the best in nabz but the service was so bad it spoilt our holiday and we couldn't wait to get home..... we went to the Reef oasis blue bay in march and we didn't want to leave..... no comparison x

Room Tip: if your a couple I would go, if you are a family don't bother :(
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank katfighter
coatbridge
Reviewed July 23, 2012

we stayed here for two weeks this year, flew home on the 19th July. I have never been anywhere before where all the staff are so friendly they treat you like a princess.The hotel is amazing as was the food. The four a la carte restruants were all really great too. The whole experience was made even better with the Animation team who worked so hard to get everyone involved in the activities.I managed aqua fit 13 days out of the 14 didnt i do well ! The night entertainment by the same team was really funny too my jaws were sore laughing, keep up the great work guys u made our holiday. Special mention to Jimmy,Tamar Alex( blonde and brown) Cojo, Hazem, Rana,Lito.Tamara Abby,Ashraf and the adorable Charley

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank paulinemacguire
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent two weeks at the royal grand azure from the 10th June to the 24th June.
The hotel and the grounds itself were truly breathtaking absolutely stunning the staff do so well to keep everything looking clean and tidy where ever you go you will see them doing something always with a smile on their face!
We had a superior room overlooking the swimming pool which was hugeeeeee so much room and a lovely the balcony, the bathroom was lovely and relaxing especially the huge shower!
The swimming pools were amazing so many to choose from, you never had to worry about getting a sunbed cause thy were constantly avavlible.
There was so much choice for food on a day to day basis so everyone can be catered for. The italian al la carte resturant was delicious!

My holiday was certainly more enjoyable thanks to the entertainment team - Rana,Hazem,Lido,Mino,Alexandra all amazing people and will make sure you stay active on your holiday!!
The rest of the hotel staff are so lovely bad polite and never fail to make a conversation with you.
A truly superb hotel and will definitely be returning next year!!

• Stayed June 2012
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday at the Royal Grand Azure. Very nice hotel and met most of our expectations although just a couple of hiccups during our stay but wouldn’t let this put anyone off staying. Upon arrival at the hotel we had no problems checking in and were taken to our room which was overlooking the Royal Pool. Room was spacious and had a large bathroom with a walk in shower. As we arrived late we missed dinner but were informed that the Zodiac Restaurant was open at midnight for 1 hour if we wished to eat there which we did and the food was pretty good.
We decided to eat at the Royal Buffet restaurant on our first morning and found it to be very pleasant and there was a pretty good variety of food available there. So many cakes and pastries to choose from although most of the cakes looked nicer than actually tasted as some of the bread and cakes didn’t taste too fresh. The waiters were very helpful and friendly and always came straight over to assist you although we did tip on each visit to the restaurants as this gave us even better service plus we would of felt bad not tipping as it means alot to them considering they don't earn a great deal. The staff deserved some credit for all of their hard work as I don’t think it’s appreciated enough especially for them working such long hours. Special thanks to Hussein and Zarika who always served us with a smile and couldn’t do enough for us. Also there was another waiter I wanted to acknowledge also but didn’t get his name as he put so much passion into his job. The management seemed pretty hard on some of the waiters as my husband and I noticed how aggressive they were spoken to by the supervisor in the Royal Restaurant which was a shame to see.
We tendered to eat mainly in the Royal Buffet Restaurant as it seemed a lot more pleasant and relaxing to eat in rather than the Zodiac Restaurant which was alot more hectic. Our favourite restaurant was the Italian restaurant by far but enjoyed the Indian also. Chinese was pretty good too. We weren’t too keen on the Egyptian Restaurant as the food seemed quite bland and there wasn’t a big menu to choose from. It’s worth a visit though. After our 2nd day we both had upset stomachs possibly due to drinking cocktails and having ice in our drinks which we were warned about as not sure if they used bottled water or tap water. Avoid ice in drinks or chance being ill throughout holiday. Throughout most of our stay we both had an upset stomach but this could of also been due to the change of climate as it was so hot 40+ degrees. Unbearable at times to be honest but the air con made it bearable when too hot. Even at night time it was very hot and humid just like walking out into a sauna. I found it difficult to tolerate that sort of heat being honest as it made me feel ill for the first 5 days until my body adjusted to the climate. Also the alcohol isn’t at all nice so make sure you buy your branded drinks at duty free as we made the mistake of not doing so and ended up not really drinking much alcohol throughout our holiday which was a disappointment as we planned to enjoy 2 weeks of cocktails although I guess having a hangover and heat doesn’t quite go down very well so probably was for the best in the end. The hotel grounds were kept immaculate. On our second day we decided to sunbath on the beach which was nice and there was a beach bar. The Zodiac Restaurant was just a short walk away from the beach so tended to have lunch in the Zodiac. There is a jetty (Promenade) as well which was nice to walk along. My husband enjoyed snorkelling.
We didn’t think much of the entertainment there at all. Tended to be a little in your face if you were sunbathing at the Royal Pool which was off putting as they tried to get you to join in which was fair enough if you enjoy that sort of thing. My idea of a beach holiday is just chilling by the pool and relaxing not running about in the baking heat!! We noticed that the entertainment team tendered to play the music they liked as a lot of the music was very repetitive. Beware of the Sales guys trying to sell you excursions as we got hounded from the first day of arrival throughout our holiday which was quite annoying to be honest. Just not what you want when you are on holiday trying to relax. Fair enough they are trying to get bookings but it does get a bit much when they continually come up to you trying to practically force you into doing a 4 day Scuba Diving Course or going on a Boat Trip or having a massage. I have to say out of all the resorts we have ever stayed at we have never experienced as much pestering from the sales guys. We did go on a boat trip to Tiran Island in the end and it was pleasant enough. My husband enjoyed the snorkelling.
We really recommend the UItimate Desert Trip to everyone it was one of the highlights of our holiday and the views quad biking across the desert were amazing. For £43 each it was a great experience and included not only quad biking but also camel riding and a visit to a Bedouin camp with a BBQ and dancing and fire show.
I wouldn’t say the hotel is 5 star but 4 star would be more appropriate. Have to say the Main Lobby Reception is very grand though.
The guest relations staff were very good and we found them to be very helpful. Thanks Kelly, Bella and sorry I didn’t get the other ladies name.
All the staff were so friendly and helpful and couldn’t do enough for you. Deserve to be treated with respect from guests as they put in so much effort.
Above all probably one of the nicest hotels in Nabq Bay following some of the other reviews I have read.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

this was our second stay at RGA, 2 weeks of sun fun and relaxation or so we thought, all four of our party in the first few days had become ill with Sickness, diarrhea and stomach cramps. one needing to be placed on a drip for 45 mins, the sickness lasted about 3 to 6 days as it varied person to person, PLEASE NOTE---- the doctors bill was over £500 english pounds for the drip. so make sure you take adiquate holiday insurance as this reduced the bill to £45.00, as the local pharmacy treatment called antinal didnt work and immodium isnt available in egypt ( we had used the 2 boxes we had taken) getting over the sickness was rather slow so we lost nearly the first week. i must say though the staff were very helpful and the doctor was great.
a few pointers at the hotel
tipping, you tip your maid, he puts extra bottled water, coffee, sugar and creamer in your room. which we didnt mind, but he will clean your room if you are out, then make an excuse to come to your room when you get back in, ours usually brought towels or water then he kind of looks at you for his tip.
if you want better service in the restaurant always sit at the same table or there abouts, tip the waiter the first day you get there and he will be your friend for life, as soon as you sit down for next meal he will be at the side of you before you know it,
the tipping is ok, but when you think its an all inclusive holiday and you have all prepaid for meals drinks etc etc the tipping can work out rather expensive.
entertainment, last year it was diabolical this year it was ok, ok meaning ok, they play music around the pool area in the new section for around an hourish in the morning and 1 to 2 hours in the afternoon, its not too bad at first, but every day, same songs, same time. the house or rap or what ever it is is very loud. the quizzes are good though.
pools, i dont think the pool in front of our room was cleaned out any time during our stay but we saw the pool man putting chemical in a few times, there was quite a large amount of grit on the bottom of the pool that every so often you stood on, plus at night when the water is calm you can see the debris on the bottom,
reps, these are a complete nuisence, the dive center being the most annoying ones, they hassle you from day 1, they walk around the pools day in day out asking if you require trips out, if you say some thing like, i need to ask family members to see if they want to go they will hound you for days, ie, swim with the dolphins, its a 20 min swim with them in a pool, its 45 mins there 45 mins back 10 mins to get changed etc etc the trip is exactly 2 hours, he wanted £190.00 english pounds each, he dropped the price from £245.00 each, but dont forget your not allowed to take your own photos so they will cost you extra and theres a video available for extra money too, we declined his offer, but he was still hassling on the last day of our stay.
hotel taxis, we had a trip to soho center booked, we went and arranged our pick up time, taxi was 50 mins late picking us up, then he picked some other people up as well, when we got back to the hotel he tried to charge us full return price plus full return price for the other people as well meaning double money for him. we complained to kelly and recieved our money back,
meals, all of the alacarte restaurants are either long trousers or shorts, tshirts or shirts, they change their minds that often, first time italian dress shorts and smart t shirt covering arms, wore the same clothes to the chinese a few days later wasnt allowed in because shorts were not allowed it was 40 degree heat there was 5 couples in a room that had 22 tables in, women were wearing shorts and low cut tops, men had to wear trousers and shirts. hence we only had 3 alacarte meals out of the possible 8, be carefull of the tables when in a party as they slide 2 together but they are different heights and both tables wobble making a trap point for fingers
the food is quite good with a good selection, we felt it wasnt as good as last year and felt some thing was missing ????
pool bars, these are great to swim up to and have a cooling drink, but if your sunbathing and you want a drink when you ask at the bar for a couple of cokes or what ever it is you want they send you back to your sunlonger and say they will bring it to you, some times they forget, it can be up to 35 mins to get your drink, so your better off swimming up to the bar and drinking it there and then
rooms, rooms were cleaned every day, fresh towels every day, bottled water tea coffee creamer, sugar was put in the room,
the rooms in the old section of the hotel are better in our minds than in the new section,
verander doors were broken on arrival so maintainance needed, he fixed the doors and told us dont use the left one, morning after the maid opened the left one so it ended up broke again, the tv arieal had been pulled out of the little connector so i fixed that my self, it was 11 pm though and didnt want a 2 hour wait
all in all the RGA is a good hotel, the staff try to make your stay a great holiday, even down to a birthday cake if it happens to be your birthday that is,
shall we return to RGA.. no, we think its trying to be some thing it might never be,
hope this review was helpfull thanks for reading

Room Tip: old section of hotel are smaller rooms but nicer and more quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank cartie303
Dear Cartie303

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

Unfortunately this time of year is very hot, this year in particular and it is very common to be unwell due to dehydration.

We try and provide an excellent service for all our guests and tipping is optional. Regarding your feedback from the Restaurant this has been noted by our Food & Beverage Management.

All of our pools are cleaned during the evening this involves all the floors and walls being hoovered and cleaned.

Unfortunately the reps around the pools are external companies however these comments will be passed to their managers in order to take immediate action to ensure this does not happen again. We want all our guests to feel relaxed and hassle free.

We now have a dress code in place which requires men to wear long trousers in the A La Carte only, this form of dress code is very common in all 5* Hotels Worldwide.

Once again all your comments have been noted and over the next few months we will be making several changes within the resort, it would be great for you to visit us again to see the improvements.

Kelly Walmsley
Royal Grand Azure
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here 7-21 July,first impression was good,room big and clean,hotel looks great and food was good enough,but for me not the wow factor,alcarte was a lot better,drinks good ,cocktails good in some bars,average in others,the hotel only 30% full so no probs with sun beds or umbrellas,snorkeling is a must as the fish are amazing,my wife had a dodgy stomach and a lot of the guest did too,,but we put that down to the heat more than the hotel as I stayed in the shade for the first 3 days and I was fine,hotel has some great staff,sameh the barman,hany154,Ali the towel man were the best for me,animation teams worked hard with the props they had.....overall enjoyed the hotel,but there are better hotels out there,especially in turkey..

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#13 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 31 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!