“Fantastic Hotel, Amazing Staff”
Review of Sea Gardens

Sea Gardens
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have just returned from two weeks at the Sea Gardens (25th Aug - 8th Sept). I stayed with my husband and 2 children aged 13 & 10. It was our first trip to Sharm. I have to say it is the best All Inclusive I have stayed in. The Sea Gardens is the smaller of the three hotels on site, but a little gem. You can use all the facilities and restaurants in the other hotels which is a nice change.

Room

Our room was very spacious, main bedroom with Flat Screen TV and kids bedroom with TV. The bathroom is a little tired, but the cleaners do a fab job with the whole room, fresh bedding everyday and towel art.. if there was ever a problem you only had to mention and it was sorted. Aircon worked very well.

Restaurant

The Sea Gardens Restaurant is a very chilled affair, the Manager Hossam was fantastic as my daughter has allergies to nuts and stone fruits , he would take her around the food every day and made sure she was eating, he knew us all by name. He is credit to the hotel. Also our waiters Said and Mohamad were brilliant, always on hand to get you a drink, ask how our day was and great with the kids, they were very popular with my son Brogan.
The range of food was very good, always something being cooked on the grill, pasta station, salads, puds, fruit, bread, soups.. I always found something to eat.. but it is not all burgers and chips, you can have this at the pool bar at lunch time.

Pool

We stayed at the Sea Garden Pool which is great Mahmoud was on hand to bring us drinks, Julia from animation always came around and had a chat, I joined in the Aqua Gym and my husband played water Volley ball, but no pressure. Kids Loved it. If you want slides you have to get the free shuttle bus two mins up road to the Aqua Park, but you do have to pay, think £15 each adult and kids Free. We didn't go as thought a bit of a cheek to have to pay as same group of hotels and the guest from Aqua Park come and use the beach at Sea life for free. Eslam (Adam) the life guard/towel guy was great very funny and always helpful. You get fresh beach towels every day.
You do get people trying to sell you trips etc.. but just a no thank you and they will leave you alone. We actually got to know some of them very well, they are always happy to have a chat. Kareem the beauty guy is great, my daughter and I had our nails done they were fab. He will do you a good deal.

Beach

The beach is a short walk through Sea Life snorkeling is amazing. You don't have to go off the jetty, we stood in water just above our ankles and saw the most beautiful fish. beach shoes are advised but you can walk on the coral without them and you can snorkel shallow tow. If you are brave enough you have to go off the Jetty I can't even beginning to describe the fish you see, it blew my mind every time i got in the water. The beach is not the prettiest I have been on but the sunbeds are comfortable the view out onto the ocean is amazing, there is a beach bar for drinks and can use the beach restaurant for buffet lunch if you don't want to walk to seaclub or sealife restaurants.

Al La Cartes

Beach Restaurant was nice for a change but not great, very dark could not see what eating, I would suggest having chicken and not fish.

Japanese was great to watch the chef cooking our food very skilled but put too much soya sauce on the food which was a shame.

Lebanese this was our favourite very traditional food, BBQ meats, Houmous, Breads. Very nice.

They are all worth a go as get one free visit to each.

Bars

Drinks are wonderful, cocktails are good , they are not watered down, got quiet merry!!. You can get bottles of water all day from the bars which is fab. Kids cocktails went down very well with our kids, Cinderella and Cleopatra were their faves.

Tips

We did tip a few staff here and their in the beginning and also tipped the staff that gave us exceptional service. They take every currency, It may be worth taking some USD. They don't mind GBP but cant change up coins, only notes. The exchange rate at hotel bank was better that UK for Egyptian Pounds

Tummy Bug

My daughter and Husband came down for one day with the bug, don't know what caused it as ate exactly the same food. Just think a combination of heat, drink, food and air con. If you go to reception they will get you some Antinal from local Pharmacy which is about £3.00 for two bottles. The hotel Pharmacy want to charge about £30 for one bottle.
The restaurant staff again were brilliant giving us special teas to help them and could take out food back to room.

Shopping

We went to Namma Bay, Never again, it was not pleasant, get really hassled, they try and rip you off have to be very strong when haggling. We were told Soho Square if the place to go they don't hassle you at all and I am sure still room for some bargaining.

Trips

We went on a boat trip, we use Jasmine Tours. Cost us £15 per person. He picked us up from hotel, we went on boast three different snorkeling spots and had lunch and dropped us back. He is much cheaper than the hotel guys, he also does quad biking tours. We had a great day onboard . You can book online before you go at www.Jasminetourssharm.com or call him when there on +201225974123.

I have to say that when we stayed there were no flights from Russia or Germany so it was quiet, but I spoke to several people who holiday a lot at Sea Gardens and they say that the service is even better when busier.
The staff and this hotel are special they really make the holiday they work so hard always with a smile on their faces. We hope to return next year.

Thank you Sea Gardens.

7  Thank Tea0511
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Gardens and taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and found the All Inclusive to be one of the best you've experienced. Your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto the members of staff mentioned.

We are grateful for any comments and suggestions we receive and they will be discussed between the management as we look to continuously improve our services to ensure guests have a fantastic stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Firstly don't wish to make this show as a negative review, the problem is stayed in a luxury hotel last year and feel that I was comparing which I shouldn't have really.

Stayed with my husband and twins aged 4, all the staff are so friendly and will do a lot for you if you need anything.

The rooms clean but the whole of sea gardens is a tad dated compared to the Sea club. I booked a suite but believe that the family rooms were the same so no need to pay extra.

With the trouble in Cairo the hotel was low occupancy which was good in one aspect not a lot of Russians and German guests which can be off putting sometimes as they can be very rude,

I am a fussy eater and didn't feel a lot of choice was offered even though they had different themes each night, and wasn't a lot of choice for the kids so ended up having pasta every night.

Mainly went in the lobby bar at night in the Sea Club as it was more comfortable. Having the use of Life and Club was good but some restaurants closed due to the low occupancy and also the kids club was only running in the Sea Club which was a 10 min walk with two little ones so didn't bother.

If I returned I would probably book a taxi as it was a long wait for the transfer to the hotel, and the hotel was only a short distance away.

The animation team was very friendly and the kids loved the Children's show each night even though it was repetitive, big thanks to Nadia and Julie ( I think) Sea gardens, the kids loved you and are still dancing to the kids songs.

Didn't go on any trips or visits out as with 2 young children I am constantly having to watch the children and would be very worried walking round markets and shops.

Overall a good hotel for the money and you get what you pay for.

Note for the hotel - Free WIFI would be a big plus for the hotel and also maybe one allowable trip to the Sea club Aqua park would also be a plus.

Thanks and the reason I return to Egypt ......guaranteed weather.

Room Tip: 6407 ground floor, quiet and with a pool view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kiaboo07

Firstly your comments regarding the friendly staff are appreciated and we are glad your children enjoyed their time with the animation team during the stay. There is a Kids corner buffet available in Sea Club and Sea Life main restaurants.

The Family rooms are smaller than the Suites as the second bedroom consists of two beds as oppose to the 2 Sofa Beds, TV, Coffee Table and Armchair which are available in the Suites providing more space.

Your comments about the WiFi and Aquapark have been noted and will be considered as we are continuously looking for ways to improve our services to ensure guests have a pleasant stay.

Should you decide to return, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We (hubby, kids 17 and 10 and myself) have recently returned from a 12 night stay at this lovely hotel. Have been to Egypt before and stayed all-inclusive but this hotel was much nicer than any I've stayed in previously.

The hotel (the smaller one of 3 in the complex) is so well maintained. Beautiful gardens. Clean pool area. Lovely cool spacious rooms (even the bed was really comfy)! We stayed in room 5503 overlooking the pool/gardens but away from bar area so really quiet at night. But the real plus point for this hotel is the staff - they are an absolute credit to the hotel - hardworking and very friendly. Even the guys selling trips/massage etc round the pool were friendly - they did leave you alone after a few days if you politely said no!

Food in all the restaurants was really good - we generally stayed in the Sea Garden restaurant because we liked the feel of it, but we also tried Sea Club and Sea Life when we fancied a change which were also great. All restaurants change their menus each night so if you don't fancy what's on in one you can pop along to one of the others. We booked the A-La-Carte restaurants on arrival - Lebanese was nice but much preferred the Japanese restaurant which was fantastic - a meal with entertainment! Again, the service from the staff was excellent. Entertainment was a bit hit and miss but we tended to stay around the lobby bar in Sea Gardens trying out the different cocktails. Sea Club also has a lovely bar around a lake/pool area. There are a few shops around the hotels - we bought some lovely canvas pictures from the Sea Club - was fascinating sitting with a glass of vino watching the guy painting!

I could go on for ever but I'd only be repeating what everyone else has said. Overall, really lovely hotel and would recommend it to anyone!

PS One last thing - we booked a private speedboat trip from one of the Scuba centre guys who come round the pool - snorkelling at Tiran Island late afternoon and come back at sunset. Kids got to drive the speedboat and we saw lots of dolphin swimming next to the boat - really lovely and memorable trip

4  Thank AndreaR69

We are delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and made good use of the three hotels within the resort. Very pleasing to see you experienced high levels of service throughout the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts for another enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just returned from an 11 night stay in Sea Gardens with my Boyfriend who's 23 and I'm 18, and we cant wait to come back!

Firstly when we arrived It was quick and easy to check in and was given all the information we needed. We were taken to our room by a member of staff who was very lovely. He took both of our suitcases to our room and didn't wait around or expect a tip unlike our transfer driver. Sea gardens is one of three hotels within the sea group resort, which you could use the facilities of all three which was useful.

Room:
We were upgraded upon booking to a family suite which was large and very spacious with a balcony over looking the pool. The bed was massive which was very comfortable. The bathroom was also big especially the shower. The air con was extremely good which was needed to escape the Egyptian heat and sun. The rooms were cleaned daily with a new towel art design laid out on the bed which was cute. The cleaner himself was such a nice man, always smiley and happy making us laugh every time we crossed paths.

Facilities:
The gardens were beautiful and well kept with the gardeners constantly working on it throughout the day. We used all three pools but spent the majority of our time in the Sea club pool purely because it was a 2 second walk to the beach. We were lucky as it was Egypt's "quiet time" period so we didn't have to wake up early to grab a sun bed, but I can imagine even during the peak periods there would always be enough beds. All three pools were big and clean. The beach was lovely which also had plenty of sun beds. The water was like a warm bath filled with loads of fish to snorkel with whether you were shallow or at the end of the jetty.

Food:
After reading previous reviews before booking we were worried about the food as that seemed to be what people were complaining about. But honestly have no idea what there is to complain about! There was a different theme in each hotel every night which was good. The food was always tasty and most of it was cooked there in front of you. There was also the option to get hot snacks during the afternoon round the pool, such as pizza, chips, hot dogs etc. which were also very good.

Staff:
The staff at sea gardens were excellent and treated us like royalty. They were always happy and making sure everything was okay. Even the cleaner asked us every day if our room was ok. There was always a waiter that would come round the pool asking if you wanted a drink. The bar staff were happy and entertaining. The waiters in the restaurant were always there to greet you at the door and take you to a table. All the staff were just excellent and made our stay extra special.

Negative points:
- The wifi wasn't free and a little expensive
- It cost extra was fresh orange juice in the restaurant
- Entertainment at night was basically non existent and any shows performed by the animation team were in Russian
- There was always some sort of rep trying to sell an excursion to us whilst round the pool which became very annoying

Overall the positives definitely outweigh the negatives and we are definitely going to be booking with this hotel again next year!

Just want to give a special mention to Hossam and Gelal in the restaurant. And also Medhat in Sea Club for being the best waiter ever!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Letitia G

We are delighted to read that generally you had an enjoyable stay, very pleasing to see you experienced high levels of service throughout the hotel and made good use of the sister hotel as well as Sea Gardens.

The comments we receive are greatly appreciated as it enables us to improve our overall service, our current entertainment includes Egyptian Show, Singers, Musicians and Fire Show in addition to the animation programme, we will make sure the animation show is delivered in English in future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I would like to say that we have recently returned from our stay in Sea Gardens, what a fantastic complex, and how great it was to be able to use all facilities, the other two hotels, the a la carte restaurants with no extra charge.

The junior suit was spacious, and overlooked one of the three pools within the complex. Cleaned every day, and Samy's towels art was amazing. The gardens were well kept fantastic to walk through. The staff were all very good when it came to customer service there was no complaints.

I have been to Sharm 4 times now and this is the best all inclusive I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Family suit over looking the pool for families upper floor
1  Thank Helenluise
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed one of your best ever holidays in Egypt whilst staying at our resort. Very pleasing to see you experienced high levels of service throughout the hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

stayed in this hotel 24th July - 7 august and must say it was fantastic I don't like inclusives as a rule but sea gardens has changed my mind ,because there's so much choice and there's 3 restaurant's to pick from , so I give the food a thumbs up and the service was great .there s two bars on the beach I always went too sea club , and a the waiters there were excellent couldn't do enough for us there names were reda and Charlie they were great always making us cocktails on the beach and bringing them over ,the rooms in sea gardens are very big and well kept and very clean ,the cleaners are so polite and helpful always making swans out of towels and leaving them on our bed I thought was nice lol.the swimming pools are massive and clean and theres three to pick from .Before I was going to sharm my friends said you'll have to tip and you'll get Egypt belly sickness . Well I've been to spain Greece and got upset stomach but im glad to say I never got it at sea gardens ,I just ate lots more food lol. And for tips you don't have to and not once was I asked or made to feel as if I should ,but I did because the service was so good I mean realy, I moan over the slightest thing and I cant ,so that's cool .only one thing and that was paying for kids icecreams but hey they were cheap lol and I have to moan lol. We jumped off the jetty and it was amazing it was like watching nemo 10 out of ten .I would defianly go again top marks I would like to say thanks to the hotel and staff Charlie.said.mohamade.reda.chil.azmy.they were all great and made our stay great so thank you from the Collins family

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had an overall positive experience. Your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto those staff members mentioned within the review.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had an amazing holiday from 17 - 27 August at Sea Gardens as a family of 4 - two children aged 7 and 9.
From the minute we arrived at the hotel to our departure we were treated so well and the customer service we received from everyone was second to none.
We stayed in a Junior Suite overlooking the pool area and the rooms were of a great size and would strongly recommend a Suite. Our room was cleaned to a most high standard very day by Samy accompanied by some amazing towel art which the kids loved!
All of the staff around the hotel from the friendly restuarant, bar, pool and reception could really not do enough to make your holiday an amazing experience. Some of the staff that made our stay were Mohammed, Karim, Edward to name a few - apologies to those that I have not remembered.
In addition at the hotel there is a Guest Relations Team which included Laura and Veronique and these two ladies had the most amazing customer service skills and a great 'can do' attitude.
I would strongly recommend to make use of the full facilities across all 3 of the hotels including the A la Carte restaurants - the Lebanese was our favourite!
Around the grounds the pool areas, gardens and beach were kept to a very high standard and it was a real delight to walk around the complex and to visit the various bars and restaurants.
I would strongly recommend this hotel as a holiday destination as it is run so very well by the General Manager and his management team who were visible around the hotel - their focus on customer service and service delivery really does need to be commended.
Sea Gardens thank you for an amazing holiday and for your friendliness we will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: Highly recommend a Junior Suite - great space with a good sized balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Gardens and taking the time to write such a glowing review.

We are delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and found high levels of customer service throughout the three hotels. It's particularly pleasing to know your children had an enjoyable vacation and the surprises of the towel art. Your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto the staff members mentioned within the review.

Look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.