“Fantastic Holiday”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Contrary to reviews I read before going on holiday, this hotel complex is first class . Everyone from the cleaners to managers in restaurant and bars cannot do enough for you. Thy constantly ask if everything is ok, do you have any problems , and are you enjoying your stay. Mamdouh was our waiter in the main restaurant and his service was superb. The food was great, chicken, beef, fish, pasta and assortment of salads (including a bar where the chef cuts salad veg to your requirements) and vegetables , potatoes, bread and rolls of all descriptions. I don't know what more could be offered and this is on offer at lunch and dinner. The snack bar at the beach serves chips, burgers and chicken every day at lunchtime. The staff in the food court are second to none and look after the guests superbly not to forget Mohammed who was in food court and was moved to pool bar he was a wee sweetie Thanks Mohammed you are a star. The chefs in main restaurant are keen to help and will go out of their way to please.

Room Tip: We had room 3003 and it faced onto pool and beach the view was like a picture postcard.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank duffkerr1
rehanaSharmElShikh, Manager at Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

please let us consider Rehana to be your second home, your family at rehana royal beach waiting for you ,

Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed September 21, 2011

It was our first time in Egypt and we came back home with only positive emotions!
A good view to the sea and the island, a nice coral reef, a beautiful green territory of the hotel. A good food - every day was fresh barbecue food, fresh vegetables and fruit.
The staff are very friendly, polite and hardworking - thanks for everyone who made our holiday really enjoyable!
Special thanks to our waiter Abd El Fatah Ahmed - his smile always cheered us up:)

Room Tip: that starts with 2 or 3
1 Thank Daria111
Liverpool
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were a bit worried about what would await us at Rehana Royal after reading a few of the reviews, Thankfully the hotel proved many of the reviews to be unfair.

The Room:
We luckily got put in a suite (5260) with stunning views over Tiran Island. The room was fitted out well with a flat screen TV and very large beds (even though we asked for doubles). However, the jacuzzi shower looked alot better than it actually was. I have stayed in cleaner hotels but the room was generally clean. Any problems we had with the room were dealt with quickly by the staff after phoning reception, the safe didn't work on arrival and the air con stopped working once but these were excellently dealt with by the staff.

The Resort:
The resort is lovely and its location is excellent, there are several pools to cater for people looking for different types of holiday (lively at main pool, quiter ones elsewhere). The views over the res sea are breathtaking. Although it is very clean, a few areas of general maintenance let the hotel down slightly, many light fittings aren't fitted correctly for instance.

Other Guests:
Yes, the hotel was 80% foreign, mainly Russians, but they kept themselves to themselves and I can't understand why so many people have a problem with this, especially as many of the women love wearing a thong to the pool! Some of them may have been rude, but only to staff and why would that bother you?

Staff:
The staff in the hotel are very friendly and helpful, they really do work hard as well. The gardening staff are the unsung heroes though, they maintain the lush hotel gardens superbly despite the dry climate.

Food:
Having been to Egypt before (Aqua Blu), we knew what to expect from the food. We didn't mind the food in the Aqua Blu and this was very similar, easily enough to get by. Pasta, chips, BBQs, salad, fresh bread and decent desserts. We tended to stay away from one of the serving stations which looked like it catered more for Russians. The Ala Cartes are excellent, really nice food and you get more than you can eat a lot of the time! The Italian isn't as good as the other two because they dont really "get" Italian food I dont think. The Egyptian and Chinese restaurants really are excellent. People complaining about the food can only be picky eaters in my opinion. The ice cream and popcorn stations are a nice touch for families, although they only serve at certain times. If you really cant stand it, pay to go the Hard Rock every night, you get what you pay for.

Negatives:
As we found at Aqua Blu last year, the night time entertainment isn't the best, although the ampitheatre style stage is a nice touch. The nightlife in Sharm isn't great on the whole, it's too expensive to drink in Naama / Soho really.

The hotel is being expanded I think, despite already being massive, so a few unfinished rooms by the beach don't look the best.

Overall:
A very good hotel with room for improvement in some areas, you get what you pay for.

Overall:
A very nice resort with decent food for Sharm, some areas need

Room Tip: We requested high floor sea view and got it.
6 Thank WoodyByrne
Manchester
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife and myself returned from a 2 week stay at the Rehana Royal Beach Resort just over a week ago. On the face of it the hotel looks stunning with great pools and gardens but under the surface there are real problems. Firstly I advise that nobody uses the Spa, my wife had a massage during which her toes were bent backwards causing her great pain. Her foot subsequently became swollen and when we got back home she went for an x ray that revealed 2 fractures. She is now in a plaster cast for up to 6 weeks. Calling it a Spa is a bit ridiculous it is a small pool with jacuzzis that don't work, a steam room and rooms with masage tables in a basement under the reception area.
The level of cleanliness in the main restaurant was appalling when we arrived as was the standard of the food. We had a meeting with the food and beverage manager Mr. Nasser who explained to us that there was a problem getting staff after the uprising in February but he was new in the job and was striving to improve things. Whilst we were there standards did seem to getA little better as he promised they would. Because of the lack of staff getting, served at the pool and beach bars was difficult although the constant pushing in by the east european guests did not help matters. Food and hygiene at both of these bars was terrible particularly the beach bar which is next to the toilet block and really stinks. To summarise the hotel is at best 3 star with the potential to be better and the staff are friendly and polite but the Spa is a disgrace.

Room Tip: Insist on a sea view in block 4
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DaveBManchester
cardiff
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The hotel is stunning with gardens etc really nice, we had a suite which was huge and really lovely.
The hotel is 99% Russian/Ukraine/polish but this isn't a problem but the hotel caters for them only, the food at times was literally slop and not even labelled don't get me wrong you can get by, saying this the individual restaurants are lovely.

The pools are lovely with over 10 pools and water slides but they are turned off a few hours day.

All inclusive is not what I have experienced elsewhere as when you want a soft drink you are given them via a bottle not via a dispenser.

Nighttime entertainment 1out of 5

Always clean with loads of staff constantly cleaning.

The main problem is the locals they constantly make rude remarks to women and look and treat them like pieces of meat, you have to barter for everything even a pack of crisps, bottle of coke and it's very tiresome.

In conclusion I would return to the hotel but not to Egypt due to a I said constant hassle! Also the food needs to really improve!

Also all alcohol is very watered down and always gave us a bad stomach the next day.

Room Tip: Definitely book a suite.
1 Thank fismatt
london
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Fab hotel with horrible Clinic, have been there for the second time with my husband, he got a stomach ache with diarrhea, were advised by the hotel receptionist (Rafik) to go to the clinic where there is a professional doctor. The doctor insisted, my husband should be put on drip for couple of hours, to control the infection as the doctor said, regarding the money, the doctor said he deals with insurance company and they will handle everything, he said just bring your passport and insurance paper to have a copy. After an hour, I asked about the insurance policy and passport, the accountant said they have to keep it till the treatment is finished. the doctor said, we have to send blood sample for the laboratory to know what kind of infection we have, after two hours, the doctor said my husband have to stay till night on drips. (why he changed his mind), we trusted him following the receptionist comment. the lousy talkative nurse, she asked us so many questions about what do we do for living, how much we paid for the trip, is it the first time to get there or not? 6 hours later, another person came called (Bahi), produced himself as manager of the medical center and hospital in another city, he offered to examine my husband and said my husband have to stay all night, and he ordered the nasty nurse to prepare ultrasound, at this time I stared to ask about why the treatment will take too long time and why ultrasound, the so called manager (Bahi), the bacteria and virsus there in Egypt is very harmful, diarrhea will cause dehydration and so people died because of dehydration, at this time, i was very worry about my husband, he also said I have to pay deposit for the treatment, I told them I have insurance and It's written, I should pay 50 GBP and the other will be paid to the doctor by my insurance. He said you pay here and claim back what I pay for him, He said just bring your cards and pay by their POS, I get my card from the room, he said I have to pay 1000 Pounds as deposit, I said I have some Egyptian money, he said it is 1000 English Pounds. I was shocked by what he said, but the clinic doctor (hisam) who was talkative all time and telling me got British girlfriend, said It is normal price in Egypt according to price of the clinic and approved by the hotel. he showed me a copy on the wall, it was not clear to anybody to notice. the accountant swiped my card and asked me to sign, it was written 10300 Egyptian Pounds, I asked about the rate, he said 1 English make 10 Egyptian. and also 3% bank fees, then I had to stay all night with my husband in the clinic, who as ok, but scared by what the doctor said, next day morning the so called manager (Bahi) gave me some papers, he said it was the laboratory tests, he said he got infection of Ecoli. and the results will help to indicate which antibiotic he should be given. after everything is ok, the doctor called accountant called (sabri), he came with machine and asked me to pay 845 GBP more, I was very surprised to hear such price, I told him I don't have such amount, this time I only had 1500 GBP and he they took 1000 GBP the first day, he said we will try and see, he tried several time till he got about 450 GBP as he said, I asked, should I call the insurance, it is written the summary of the insurance I should call them in any case of emergency. the doctor confirmed the system with this insurance company, I pay for the medical provider and then, they will contact the insurance for me to help in the processing of the claiming the money back. I asked about the insurance policy and the passport which were kept in the accounting the last day, they said they will keep it till I pay all the money, I asked my sister in UK to transfer me the money, finally (as I thought the problem was finished) when I came back to UK I contacted my insurance company, they said it is overcharged and they will just pay me 500 GBP, I told them they contacted you and they said you confirmed you will pay me all what I paid as I told in Egypt. they confirmed that they haven't been contacted by this clinic. they confirmed me that such treatment normally not exceed 250 GBP and there was no need for any fluids, tests and admission... I aslo checked my account to find that 1994 GBP was withdrawed from my account and not 1985 as they informed me. The hotel Staff are very kind and helpful, the food is good, so if you wanna go there, stay away from the hell (clinic).

Room Tip: rooms starts with 2
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sadie m
Staffordshire
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was our second trip to Eygpt but our first to this hotel and I am pleased to say that we had a very enjoyable holiday . Like most people I read the reviews before booking and continued to read them right up until we went and I must say that over the course of a few months they did start to change.....not for the better and I was more than aa little worried as our holiday approached. However I must say that my fears where unfounded as the staff where very friendly, our room was lovely and clean and the hotel itself was well cared for in terms of cleanliness. Yes we did have some issues and yes they did mainly concern the other guests and the food but having been to Egypt beofre we knew what to expect and how to handle it. Yes the russians are rude and this includes the children as well and yes they do believe that they are better than the rest of the population....but ignore them. I have bought my children up to have manners and be polite and they were encouraged to show the russiansand the egyptians this, Like us the Egyptians appreciate being treated with respect and spoken to in a friendly manner and they would repay my children's kindness by serving them first whether in the restaurant, at the bar or at the pool side.(This annoyed the russians no end!!!!) With regard to the food.. yes it is basic and can get boring after a while but the main restaurant did serve a variety of b.b.q food which was fresh, well cooked and nice. As a treat I did up grade my family to super ultra all inclusive.....£62 per week per adult....children upgraded for free....which ment we could use all the restaurants as often as we liked which ment that we had a more varied diet. We were also able to use the spa, have laundry done and use the shuttle bus, fruit platters in the room , 2 large water bottles every day and many other things as often as we liked. When I up graded no one explain all of the extras to me so it was not until the end of the first week that having spoken to my holiday rep who gave me a list and informed the manager of this fact that we were not only able to access all of the advantages but he gave them to us free of charge for the second week....bonus. Yes the hotel is a bit worn in a few places and tiles need replacing in the bathroom, a few umbrellas around the pool are torn, but on the whole it is clean and there is always staff around cleaning and cutting grass, sweeping paths and emptying bins etc..
The hotel is not up to what we British class as 5 star but it is value for money and i will be taking my children back again. Oh the animation team are also good... plenty of entertainment but again they cater for the russians....the children's club with the female animation member is to be avoided as she is rude and talks down to every one.
My top tip for going would be to take lots of small change either egyptian dollars or english pounds and tip at the beginning and through out your stay.....Egyptians are paid poorly and appreciate any extra.....a little and often will ensure you brilliant service..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,203 reviews
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#93 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,573 reviews
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh

Been to Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!