“Memorable stay”
Review of Tamra Beach

Tamra Beach
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Really me and wife had an enjoyable stay at Tamra beach resort specillay the pasta station , the gardens it's size and the cooperative team to show the gardens like that shape , also the reception manager shereef has a good attitude to deal with the British nationality , also Waleed at the bar so assisting to every body , chefs can do any extra to make us very happy

• Stayed: April 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,251)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The food was amazing , the staff were fantastic , hotel spotless , location beautiful . The Cons : not suitable if mobility isn't great , should have golf buggies if clients are in need of help . Spent eight glorious days from 20 th March to 28th . The last day we had a misunderstanding and didn't realize we had to take keys to reception at noon. We vacated the room at 10 am. Thought the cleaner was going to take our suitcases , went back to room at 1pm to check , suitcases still there , phoned reception and Sheref the manager was extremely rude to us , saying that we hadn't vacated room at 12 pm as we were phoning from the room . We immediately went up to reception and tried to explain the misunderstanding with the cleaner , he promptly replied that he would sack him , yet he was amazing . He raised his voice to us saying so do I have to pay for the room out of my own pocket , he didn't believe that we had vacated the room . Adel our rep tried to speak to him and he sounded so rude . We in the end told him to keep the money from our towels that would be 30 pounds . We were actually talking about returning same time next year but he has left a sour taste ,he has no good manners and should not be front of his . His staff are so much more professional Sheref needs to go to learn about customer relations . In one hour he upset three mature ladies , one of 68 yrs , one of 74 yrs and one of 54 yrs ., he should know better . We will not be returning because if he is in charge we would rather go elsewhere . Sincerely . Maria Brivati from Finchley , London .

Room Tip: To be close to a swimming pool , we were in 6013 , very good room . A very long trek up to reception...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maria B
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have an apology to make to Cheryl and all the guys at Tamra for not posting this review earlier. So sorry guys! We stayed here last month and the hotel and Sharm in general appeared to be hitting a tough trading climate. We seemed to be one of a handful of a group of brits and other nationalities which made for an air of exclusivety and the excellent service we experienced in all areas of the resort was incredibly good but also so natural.
The resort is predominently Italian which we knew before we booked and
having enjoyed holidays in Italy and Sardinia before , thought this can only be a positive element. It was...the food was delicious with obvious egyptian and indeed italian influences enhancing the whole offer, some great authentic italian regional dishes were available at meal times. We absolutely loved mealtimes. Pre dinner drinks were brought in a timely and friendly manner by Mr Negum and the team, we were waited upon by Waled on most occasions in the restaurant where Waled's extensive knowledge of many languages brought huge pleasure to my father as he got to grips with arabic whilst testing his italian (sometimes at the same time) and much merriment to our party. The massages are brilliant, 'the best I have ever had' my father commented, and he has had a few. The italian animation team were very accommodating if you you make the effort and the exercise programmes organised by Nicole were testing and relaxing depending on your needs. The beach is clean and tidy, the sea is pristine with all sorts of colourful fish around the reef. The rooms were immaculately clean and we stayed in block 7000 which is a short walk to the sea but a somewhat testing uphill walk to reception. A fabulous break, wonderful staff and food. Make sure you talk with Cheryl before you book your days out or excursions! Thanks Tamra beach. We will be back I am sure.

Room Tip: Block 7000 near the sea but uphill walk to reception.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Colin C
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We returned 14th April and were lucky enough to stay here during a very quiet period. The hotel holds 700 but there were only approx 50 brits and 10 others. It felt like we were in an exclusive club!!! We have never been looked after as well as we were here. The staff are really amazing and couldn't do enough to help. The food is excellent and I complimented the restaurant manager on numerous occasions, both on the variety and standard of food and his impeccable staff. We hardly ever got to the bottom of our glass before the waiter came back over to top us up. The location is truly amazing and the gardens are beautiful. We walked along a couple of the other beaches and they were filthy, we couldn't wait to get back to our little paradise. We do appreciate we would never get to experience the whole hotel to ourselves again but that would not put me off visiting here in the future. It really is a jewel. Well done to all staff who made our week long stay so pleasurable and we hope to be back with you again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank new-nanny2009
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's a first I haven't ever written a review, but felt I had too.

I am at Tarma Beach Resort and the rooms and staff are fantastic (I cannot emphasis this enough) but they cancelled all kids entertainment due to the low occupancy. we have 2 children and booked this on the basis on keeping our two busy so my wife and I could enjoy some quality time.

This wasn't something anyone felt we should know prior and on asking the hotel (both the reception and GM) and our rep (who tried again to speak to the hotel) we were told this wasn't part of the contractual obligations.

PLEASE PLEASE ASK AS WE DIDNT....NOW HAVING TO ARRANGE ENTERTAINMENT AT ADDITIONAL COSTS...... WOULD LOVE A GOOD ENDING WILL UPDATE IF THE OWNERS FEEL THEIR BRAND IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO RECONSIDER

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Sally M
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My daughter and I have just returned (6/4/14) from booking a last minute holiday at the Tamra Beach Resort. As it was our first time in Egypt we weren't too sure what to expect so decided to go for a 5* all inclusive deal. Having spent sometime checking out other hotels on line and reading reviews, the Tamra seemed to be a good bet, and I can't imagine making a better choice. We were allocated a double room on the second floor overlooking the sea, pool and immaculately kept gardens, I had originally asked for two beds but as it was a super king size this turned out not to be a problem. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was any trouble. It is Italian run which was actually really nice, but because of the political unrest all Italians and Germans were advised to stay away, except for a few, so it meant that a resort normally housing 600 guests had only about 60, which once you got used to the slightly eerie feeling of being one of a few, felt rather exclusive and meant you got the undivided attention of the staff. If you like mediterranean food, which we do, you will be very happy. There was a really good choice at breakfast lunch and dinner, and we found ourselves looking forward to each event, unlike some hotels I've stayed in where you feel an impending sense of doom at mealtimes. There were lots salads, roasted/tempura vegetables, grilled fish/meat/chicken pasta & rice, as well as lovely pastries and puddings and lots of fresh fruit. I think it would be impossible not to find something you liked at every meal. There was as much wine as you wanted served at lunchtime and dinner which was perfectly drinkable (I've had worse)! likewise with the local gin & tonics. I did notice they used Schweppes which was good, and helped the gin! Being a (fussy) coffee addict, I was a bit worried I'd have to dumb down for a week, but I had nothing to fear, the coffee at the beach was great, though i didn't try it anywhere else in the restaurant or other bar but I'm sure it would have been just as good. We went on an all day boat trip to Ras Mohammed, an incredibly beautiful national park where you can experience some amazing snorkelling among breathtaking coral & colourful fish. Lunch was included and we paid about £25 each - well worth it. A special mention has to go to Alessandro Panarello, the animator who worked extremely hard looking after people by day, encouraging them to snorkel off the jetty (more fantastic fish)! and play beach tennis and volleyball, and livened everything up by night in the central bar. The restaurant staff were also very attentive and sweet. Overall, I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you want great weather, fabulous food, beautiful gardens, spacious clean rooms, friendly staff and peaceful sunbathing. Go!!

Room Tip: Rooms in block 7000 are lovely and just a few steps from the beach, pick second floor for good views...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jane1emberson
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We booked to stay at this hotel as it was a good price and the reviews seemed really good.

The rooms are brilliant - they are big with lovely bathroom facilities.

However the lovely room seems to be one of the few things going for it. Maybe this is because we went in low season?

The other good thing about this hotel is the beach - we walked up the beach by quite a few hotels and the Tamra seems to have the best bit of beach for quite a few hotels. The snorkelling of the jetty is brilliant.

One of the things everyone seems to enjoy about the place is the food... I really don't know why everyone raves about it. Me and my partner are not too fussy although we both like quite simple food. Yes they did fresh pizza but it was only available for an hour a day between 11-12 - this did how ever taste ok. But then they only ever did 2 different types. The same two types each day.

We struggled to find much to eat in the main restaurant - we actually ate out 5 evenings because of this. We found the food to be cold and the selection was really quite poor. On one evening there was only 1 meat selection - this is really not good. The fresh pasta is nice how ever but I didn't want to eat only pasta every day for a week. My partner really struggled to find anything.

Breakfast was ok although the chef only ever has 2 pans which if you get more than a few people waning omelettes/eggs/pancakes then you can be left waiting a while.

The other thing we found disappointing was that on our first night we asked for a cocktail menu..... they didn't have a clue what we meant. This hotel doesn't offer any cocktails.

As I said previously it may have been because we went at a quiet time that the food was not quite up to scratch - we will however not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
#3 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Tamra Beach? Share your experiences!