We stayed at Tamra Beach from 13 to 20 November 2013 (our first experience of Egypt and All Inclusive).
On first arriving at the hotel around 6pm the reception staff were courteous and helpful whilst we signed in and then we were taken with our baggage to our room that was in the 6000’s block (we stayed in 6111).
Our room was more like an apartment with a small lounge area with a built in sofa and coffee table. From there you walked up a couple of steps to the bedroom area which had a super king-size bed and bedside tables. There were a couple of wardrobes and vanity unit, built in safe and small fridge (with a bottle of water in it). Leading off from the bedroom was the bathroom area – bath, washbasin in an alcove, separate stand alone shower and room containing a toilet and bidet. Overall the room felt big, it was clean and so was the bedding and towels etc. The cleaner came in once a day and we left a couple of dollars tip each morning and were rewarded with various bits of towel art as well as a nicely turned down bed and a clean room. From the bath you could open a little window and see the sea.
The first evening we ate on the terrace above the restaurant. Because of the troubles in Egypt i.e. Cairo, a number of countries had pulled their Nationals out of Egypt and Tamara Beach had suffered because of this. There were probably only about 30 guests staying in the hotel when we first arrived (English, Russians and Ukrainians). I think it would be fair to say that the staff outnumbered the guests! The food was edible and consisted of a soup, a pasta dish, a meat dish, a fish dish, some vegetables, breads, basic salad (lettuce, tomato and cucumber) and sweets in the form of cakes and fresh fruit. The problem is that when you have only 30 guests it is difficult to provide a more varied selection of dishes. It was nice to look out across the Red Sea and Tiran Island and it felt very much like a la carte dining with the very attentive waiters.
We slept well that night and went for breakfast the next morning in the Poolside bar. There was the usual selection of cereals, meats, cheeses, tea, coffee and fruit juices (Continental Style). You could also have a fresh omelettes and crepes cooked.
Lunch al a Buffet Style was served in the Beach Bar that again had a wonderful outlook over the Red Sea/Tiran Island. Again the food was edible if not so varied.
We ate like this and enjoyed the 2 to 1 waiter service until the Saturday when around 150 Italians arrived. The main restaurant complex was then opened and things began to move up a gear! We were a bit disappointed that the Poolside Breakfast, Beach Lunch and Restaurant Terrace Dinner arrangement had come to an end but this was far outweighed by the increase in food choices and the new Italian Chef (from Sicily). We began to get lots more of everything – for instance instead of the basic salad stuffs there must have been 6 different types of salad, much more fresh breads and breadsticks, more pasta dishes (including pasta cooked whilst you wait), meat and fish cooked on a griddle plate to your liking, more vegetable dishes, more sweets and on our last day freshly made Bombolone (a fried donut containing confectioners custard – out of this world).
Haven't commented on the Spa as we didn't use it - but we were told it is a wonderful place by some other guests that did use it.
Some well deserved “thank yous” to:
Mr Ashraf and his team of waiters including; Waled, Amr, Ahmed and Khaled – “as-salam-o-alaikum” and “shukran” to you all.
Mr Negm (which means “Star”) and you were Sir. Always a pleasant smile and a joke. Also a big thank you to your Bar Staff, nothing was too much trouble for them.
Mr Yasser Hussein the General Manager (a real style Fashionista) who was a charming and pleasant man.
Cheryl who is in charge of Customer Relations – again nothing was too much trouble for her and was always on hand to help.
Last but by no means least, our favourite Animator Miss Tina (Valentina) who used to get me and Eddie up to play all sorts of games and to translate the Italian shows for us in the evenings. Ciao to the Italian Animators Bepe, Massimilliano and Dario!
Having read some of the previous Trip Advisor reviews there seems to be a lot of moaning about ignorant Italians and Russians (although they were mostly Ukrainians staying) but we found everyone to be friendly, happy to try and converse with us in English and we to them in very poor Italian and even worse Ukrainian/Russian. Sometimes it’s difficult for us to converse with other nationalities, but sometimes it’s just as difficult for them to converse with us and a smile and an attempt at trying to say hello in their language (even if it is very poorly) is a good icebreaker. After all isn’t that why we all go on holiday to visit new places and to meet new people.
All in all we had a very relaxing week and were sorry to leave at the end of our stay. Would we visit Tamara Beach again – a very definite “Yes”.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 5-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay