“exceptionally disapointed”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“exceptionally disapointed”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel lacks the basic amenities expected. The rooms are dull tired and smelly. Bedding and mattresses had seen better days alongside the towels and furnishings. Air con noisy. The food provided lacking in selection. Indeed it was difficult to select a decent meal and we were not fussy eaters. The hotel was empty of guests and as a cost saving exercise all meals were taken at the open air roof top restaurant. Food was cooked and kept warm in heaters, but was cold when you plated it. Wine never offered you had to ask for it. Drinks in small plastic cups, tasteless orange juice or water provided. Lunch the same as dinner, poor and minimal, overcooked sloppy food.
Breakfast was served in a bar area that looked like a 6th form common room. The food was repetitive and awful. The breakfast consisted of a few cakes and cold meats and cheese. This area also served as a dinning room and at night time the staff would close the door so that it looked shut, the entertainment staff and some waiters sat watching inappropriate films. The hotel offered a few pieces of bread with tomatoes or bite size pizzas for pre dinner snacks. Two plates for all ! All restaurant areas and the al la carte closed.
I was informed by the staff that the hotel was shut, but it was still taking bookings. This was evident by the lack of food and skimping to cut corners at every level in order to minimize costs and save money at the expense of the guest staying at the hotel. We moved hotels after a few days as we could not stand the poor food, poor rooms and lack of commitment of the management of the hotel to talk us seriously. The tour guide offered no real help and infarct wanted us to pay more to stay at the same star hotel in another area. Without any help from the guide we visited another hotel and booked in person and paid for the remaining nights in cash and never looked back.
This hotel does not provide wi fi, telephone connections from the rooms and tvs are not world wide channelled. Prepare for dark coloured water from the bath and shower which makes you feel dirty instead of refreshed. No room service for food as stated.
I have travelled extensively and stayed at many different hotels and resorts, this hotel made me feel that I was asking for the impossible and being demanding, when I only expected and wanted what is normal for the type of hotel it has been advertised as and to enjoy my holiday. I cannot recommend staying here and would never stay here again even if it was for free. I did not have a holiday here I felt that I was an inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank vicky j
prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments. It is important to receive all feedback from our guests. Positive or Negative. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we did not meet your expectations. I have taken into consideration all the points that you have highlighted and will have addressed each issue. At the same time as your stay at there were other guests at our resort that were completely satisfied with their stay.I fully understand that everyone has different standards and views.I therefore thank you once again for your constructive feedback.
Kindness regards
Cheryl Evans
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for two days and then requested a move of hotels as you are classed as a second class citizen honestly the Italians are extremely rude the food was ok if your Italian and can read the language and if u like cakes for breakfast then this is the place for you !!!! We hated it. There gardens are lovely just a shame about the people really we was the only English people in the whole resort !! I actually don't like Italians anymore they are rude ... Stay somewhere else honestly

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Anti321travel
Norfolk
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about my two weeks at this hotel. Everything was well run and clean and the hotel and beach were lovely . I had a sea view room and the view out of the window or from a lounger on the patio is something I shall never forget.

• Stayed November 2012
12 Thank paulsutton
england
Reviewed July 2, 2013

if you want a holiday as a second class person then do by all means go here as you are treated like one as soon as they know you are english the italian entertainment staff dont want to know you they are so rude its unbeliveable.
food good, rooms lovely and clean, waiters all very good and will try to talk to you.
watch out for illness as i was in bed for 4days and had to have doctor who was very good and spoke english but the bill at the end was a bit of a shock.
normally you would have free water left in your room every day but not at this hotel it is 2euro a bottle from the bar but no one tells you this .
have been to better hotels in sharm next time wont take advise from trip advisor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank robinhoodEngland
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wish I would of read the reviews before booking this hotel. I have no complaints what so ever about the hotel. The gardens are glorious, the staff are friendly and happy to interact, the options of pool's are excellent and the food is amazing. The private beach is stunning with an option to snorkel just off the jetty. The sea leaves a pool of water which heats up throughout the day feeling like a hot bath. Access to other towns and shops outside of the resort is easy with taxi's available directly outside of the hotel. The hotel is of course Italian based which ruined my partners and myself's entertainment during the evenings. We loved the Italian food but not so much the Italian way of life. We found them to be quite rude and actively avoided us once they realised we were English. As for the Italian staff they attempted to communicate with us the best way possible which was very welcoming towards the end of our holiday. Once we had finished our evening meal the resort offered theatre and show type entertainment which was all in Italian therefore we had no idea what was going on and resulted to playing cards most of the nights there. If you are looking for a relaxing, early night holiday I would recommend this hotel. If you are slightly more lively and would appreciate a dance or would like to join in the entertainment I would not recommend this hotel. As already stated we found the Egyptian staff friendly and helpful, the hotel was highly maintained and always clean. The only issue was the lack of opportunities for English holiday makers and the manor of the majority of the Italians.
Perfect weather, views, food, excursions and staff. We would definitely return to Sharm El Sheik but definitely not this specific hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HWils
Tamra_Beach, Quality Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments, it is always great to get feedback from our guests. It gives us great pleasure knowing that you thought the staff were happy and helpful as they are here to satisfy your needs to make it more enjoyable and that the hotel gardens are glorious. We are please to here that you thought the hotel food was amazing. I am sorry that overall you left with a negative impression of Italian guests staying in the hotel, we would hope that guests see this as a positive aspect of their holiday stay to meet other guests from around the world and share their holiday experiences. As you mentioned in your review The hotel caters for a large number of Italian guests, the Tour Company of Eden Village have employed the Animation Team which the activities and shows are provided by as you mentioned in your review guests can join in with there daily animation program and we are glad you enjoyed. I hope this goes some way towards answering the points you raised in your review and once again thank you for your feedback.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my boyfriend, then panicked when I saw Trip Advisor comments from other English guests! Fortunately when we arrived I found out we had no reason to worry. We were greeted by friendly receptionists who went out of their way to ensure we knew everything we needed to know and gave us the information for our English welcome meeting the day after. We were shown to our guest by a lovely team member who pointed out where everything was and took us to our room........with a pool and sea view from the bath and bed! The grounds are immaculate and there is real pride from every team member you meet. They clean the pools on a daily basis and are constantly maintaining the grounds and gardens. Housekeeping are very efficient, they lined up all my toiletries in height order and patterns, clearly they know me well with my OCD! Our housekeeper knew that one day I had been very ill and the next day asked how I was feeling. Yes they predominantly cater for the Italians but the English are not ignored, if anything all the team go out their way to say hello! This was my first all-inclusive experience and the food was great. There was always plenty, especially pasta in the evenings. Pizza time in the morning was a winner for me as I'm not a huge fan of breakfast but wouldn't want to wait for lunch. Yes there are plastic cups, would rather than than broken glass by the pool! I quite liked that they were small glasses as it made me get up out of the sun regularly! I loved everything about this hotel, we booked excursions through our rep and went up to Cairo, definitely an experience I would recommend and my partner got a full body massage at the spa for £20. A little tip for taxis is to use "Ali" the taxi driver outside the hotel. He took us up to Hard Rock cafe and TGI's for a few evenings out away from the hotel as the restaurant is very busy in the evenings and it's nice to get out and about. They take you and bring you back when you want and you pay once they bring you back to the hotel.
I would definitely return and recommend this hotel to anyone who asked and I would just like to say a huge thanks to everyone at the hotel who made our holiday so enjoyable!

Room Tip: We had room 7017 I believe and could see the sea from our bed and bath! Fantastic experience!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amyh87
Tamra_Beach, Quality Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer, Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your positive comments; it is always great to get feedback from our guests. We are privileged you spent your vacation with us at Tamra Beach Resort and our staff made your stay enjoyable. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your accommodation, enjoyed using the facilities and were pleased with the service of the staff as the team is here to satisfy your needs, it gives us pleasure knowing that you thought the surroundings are well maintained and the Housekeeping services were good. We are happy to hear that you thought the food was great! I’m sure you can appreciate that this is the busy season and the hotel is working at a high occupancy therefore the restaurant can get quite busy. It gives us great pleasure knowing that you will recommend the hotel and The Tamra Beach Resort Team hopes to welcome you back for your next vacation.
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

If you want burgers,chips and a kiss me quick hat save the air fare and go to Butlin's Skegness. If you want good food,great friendly staff good accommodation fantastic weather glorious snorkelling get yourself on the plane to the Tamra in Sharm.
Yes the hotel is 98% Italian and the animation team are all Italian but they will go out of their way to make your holiday one to remember. All the staff from the restaurant to the bar staff down to Mohammed the towel boy will put themselves out to help your holiday run as smoothly as possible.
On our arrival at the Tamra we walked into the plain and simple reception area and was greeted enthusiastically and taken to our spacious room. This would have taken normally around 3/4 minutes but Mohammed the bell boy wanted to show us around the hotel, telling us this that and the other, opening times of bars and restaurants very proud of his position at the hotel.
Given the choice of an hotel full of Italians or an hotel full of beer drinking football shirted hat wearing English holiday makers, give me the Italian one anytime.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lowena7
Dear Reviewer, Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your positive comments; it is always great to get feedback from our guests. We are privileged that you and your wife spent your vacation with us at Tamra Beach Resort and our staff made your stay enjoyable in particular the ones who you took the time to personally name in your review as providing excellent customer service.
It gives us great pleasure in seeing we were able to make your vacation enjoyable and that you were happy with everything. We hope to welcome you back to Tamra Beach Resort for your next vacation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#7 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Tamra Beach? Share your experiences!