This hotel lacks the basic amenities expected. The rooms are dull tired and smelly. Bedding and mattresses had seen better days alongside the towels and furnishings. Air con noisy. The food provided lacking in selection. Indeed it was difficult to select a decent meal and we were not fussy eaters. The hotel was empty of guests and as a cost saving exercise all meals were taken at the open air roof top restaurant. Food was cooked and kept warm in heaters, but was cold when you plated it. Wine never offered you had to ask for it. Drinks in small plastic cups, tasteless orange juice or water provided. Lunch the same as dinner, poor and minimal, overcooked sloppy food.
Breakfast was served in a bar area that looked like a 6th form common room. The food was repetitive and awful. The breakfast consisted of a few cakes and cold meats and cheese. This area also served as a dinning room and at night time the staff would close the door so that it looked shut, the entertainment staff and some waiters sat watching inappropriate films. The hotel offered a few pieces of bread with tomatoes or bite size pizzas for pre dinner snacks. Two plates for all ! All restaurant areas and the al la carte closed.
I was informed by the staff that the hotel was shut, but it was still taking bookings. This was evident by the lack of food and skimping to cut corners at every level in order to minimize costs and save money at the expense of the guest staying at the hotel. We moved hotels after a few days as we could not stand the poor food, poor rooms and lack of commitment of the management of the hotel to talk us seriously. The tour guide offered no real help and infarct wanted us to pay more to stay at the same star hotel in another area. Without any help from the guide we visited another hotel and booked in person and paid for the remaining nights in cash and never looked back.
This hotel does not provide wi fi, telephone connections from the rooms and tvs are not world wide channelled. Prepare for dark coloured water from the bath and shower which makes you feel dirty instead of refreshed. No room service for food as stated.
I have travelled extensively and stayed at many different hotels and resorts, this hotel made me feel that I was asking for the impossible and being demanding, when I only expected and wanted what is normal for the type of hotel it has been advertised as and to enjoy my holiday. I cannot recommend staying here and would never stay here again even if it was for free. I did not have a holiday here I felt that I was an inconvenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 5-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay