My girlfriend and I travelled to Sharm el Sheikh on 20th April 2013 for a week long holiday. We arrived at the hotel around 9.30pm and didn't make it in the door. We were met by two members of staff who informed ourselves and another couple that the hotel was overbooked and we were being put up in a 'better' hotel, Club Sharm I think, and were told we could stay if we wanted. Around 10 people, all British incidentally, boarded the shuttle bus back to Tamra Beach at 8am the following morning all with similar poor impressions of the hotel we had stayed in. It was deserted!
We made it through the doors this time, and the room we were given was excellent. The views were incredible and it was very clean. You really can see the sea from the bath! Our cleaner was very good and was very willing to accommodate your schedule when cleaning your room. The towel crocodile he made was worth the trip in itself.
The pools and garden areas are immaculately kept by a constant staff group who never seem to tire. The beach was very tidy but largely overrun by the Italians so we prefered sitting by the quieter pool which was almost outside our bedroom door.
The food was very good and varied. Italian food is a favourite in our house so we were very happy with the choices we had. The Egyptian night was probably the worst but I still found enough to keep me happy. The breakfasts are excellent if you have a sweet tooth and the omelettes cooked to order are very, very good. I didn't understand the logic in cooking omelettes for dinner one night though.
All in all, we had a very enjoyable trip only slightly blighted by the first night. We would be very happy staying in this hotel again, especially if we could stay in the same room again. The other British couples we got chatting to were largely positive as well however a couple were slightly put off by the large Italian presence, feeling as though we, the Brits, were being treated as 2nd class citizens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 5-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay